PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Johnny Manziel

Gunny
08-29-2014, 06:16 PM
Think he should start? He looks good.

I say no. Here is why.

1. Cleveland is notorious for being a career-ender for quarterbacks. They end up being back-ups somewhere else. After recovering from surgery.:laugh:

2. Cleveland isn't going to the Superbowl. So why waste him? There's no part of this from any angle where Cleveland goes to the Superbowl. They just don't have the team. Build a team and THEN play Manziel.

3. Manziel isn't any good in the pocket. He's good outside the pocket. That means your play is busted.

4. He's shined really well against 2nd team defenses. You stick him out there and some first team linebacker or safety is going to clean his clock. Refer back to Point #1,

5. The Steelers are going to kick their asses anyway, so why bother?

Thoughts?

hjmick
08-29-2014, 06:19 PM
Johnny who?

:lmao:

Gunny
08-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Johnny who?

:lmao:

Oh, I'm sorry. Johnny FOOTBALL. *cough sputter choke*

jimnyc
08-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Jarvis Jones and Ryan Shazier would love to see him playing. And "da Beard" is back, Keisel wouldn't mind getting to him in the backfield.

I do think Manziel ends up being a a good QB. He'll do so much better than Hoyer, who is starting instead, but only because Manziel needs more time. He can play a pocket QB if they teach him more, I've seen him do it, but he prefers to bail at the first sign of trouble. But with a good O-line, and some time, he's got good instincts and is good at reading the field. I don't know if he ever reaches the "great" level, but I think he's the best Cleveland has had in a long, long time!

Now I hope the Steelers make Johnny a starter quicker than he wants, by knocking Hoyer around.

gabosaurus
08-29-2014, 11:40 PM
I have been told from someone more knowledgeable about pro football than I (which is pretty much everyone) that Johnny Manziel in the next Ryan Leaf.

Gunny
08-30-2014, 04:40 AM
I have been told from someone more knowledgeable about pro football than I (which is pretty much everyone) that Johnny Manziel in the next Ryan Leaf.

I'd say that person isn't more knowledgeable than you then. Leaf screwed himself from Day One. His crap off the field screwed him, and his inability to move up to the pro level. He was still acting like a frat boy and getting himself busted. Trying to be all bad and cool. And of course Jerry Jones wanted him.:laugh:

Manziel is an Aggie. It would be SO out of character for him to act like that. One of the most conservative schools in this state. He'd have never made it through A&M if he acted like Leaf.