PDA

View Full Version : ISIS wants WMD

Gaffer
08-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Anyone think these guys aren't a real direct threat to the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737639/ISIS-laptop-reveals-terror-group-working-biological-weapon-spread-bubonic-plague.html

Gunny
09-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Anyone think these guys aren't a real direct threat to the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737639/ISIS-laptop-reveals-terror-group-working-biological-weapon-spread-bubonic-plague.html

Y'know, we have all these policies and they just prove we're a paper tiger. We need to wipe these guys off the map.

Didn't our CinC declare victory in Iraq? Hmmm ...

Gaffer
09-01-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet, but they can easily infect any number of their own people and have them mix with the general population of just about any nation. There's the only delivery system they need.

Gunny
09-01-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet, but they can easily infect any number of their own people and have them mix with the general population of just about any nation. There's the only delivery system they need.

I've known that since I don't remember how far back. Chemicals are actually easier. You aren't carrying around live cultures. And the only way to really stop it is to take all of them out.

fj1200
09-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Did I miss where the article said they actually had something to spread?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2014, 08:38 PM
Did I miss where the article said they actually had something to spread?
You mean other than their usual terror and murder I presume..;)--Tyr

fj1200
09-01-2014, 08:40 PM
You mean other than their usual terror and murder I presume..;)--Tyr

You might want to keep up with the news. This particular thread is discussing WMDs and the plague in particular.

Gunny
09-01-2014, 08:44 PM
You might want to keep up with the news. This particular thread is discussing WMDs and the plague in particular.

Might suggest the same to you since it's about terrorists trying to get their hands on a WMD.

fj1200
09-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Might suggest the same to you since it's about terrorists trying to get their hands on a WMD.

That's why I ask questions. ;) I recall the other thread about ISIS and WMD but this one was about spreading the plague, I didn't see where it said that they had some just that they had a document that talked about spreading it.

Gaffer
09-01-2014, 08:48 PM
They are looking to use bubonic plague. Whether they have it or are just seeking it I don't know. For all I know they could be looking for a way to get hold of ebola. Better terrorism through chemistry.

Gunny
09-01-2014, 08:50 PM
That's why I ask questions. ;) I recall the other thread about ISIS and WMD but this one was about spreading the plague, I didn't see where it said that they had some just that they had a document that talked about spreading it.

The bubonic plague would be classified as a biological weapon of mass destruction.

When you consider what ISIS does for a living, I'm thinking they don't want a delivery system for the bubonic plague for scientific/medical research.

Gaffer
09-01-2014, 08:55 PM
The bubonic plague would be classified as a biological weapon of mass destruction.

When you consider what ISIS does for a living, I'm thinking they don't want a delivery system for the bubonic plague for scientific/medical research.

And they sure don't need a delivery system that is not human. They have plenty of volunteers.

Yeah in this case it's better terrorism through biology.

fj1200
09-01-2014, 08:58 PM
They are looking to use bubonic plague. Whether they have it or are just seeking it I don't know. For all I know they could be looking for a way to get hold of ebola. Better terrorism through chemistry.

Count me as skeptical. I would think they'd kill more of themselves than they would of us but that's always the case.

The Black Death epidemic had run its course by the early 1350s, but the plague reappeared every few generations for centuries. Modern sanitation and public-health practices have greatly mitigated the impact of the disease but have not eliminated it.
http://www.history.com/topics/black-death

fj1200
09-01-2014, 08:59 PM

I wasn't asking about their motives, I was wondering if they had some.

Gunny
09-01-2014, 09:01 PM
I wasn't asking about their motives, I was wondering if they had some.

That wouldn't be the point to the thread since the article discusses researching a delivery system for the bubonic plague. It does not assert that they possess any.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2014, 09:18 PM

Nothing off topic about my reply Hoss.
IT WAS A STATEMENT OF FACT RIGHT IN LINE WITH THE SUBJECT AT HAND.
Sorry my comments do not meet your rigid standards.....
By the way, who died and gave you that position???

And your comment did not elaborate further either your position, or anything of substance to the topic at hand. Which is these muslim Terrorists seeking a way to murder tens of thousands with weapon system of mass destruction.

Do not think for a moment the savages wouldn't use any weapon of mas destruction they were able to get.
Just pray its not here but still that leaves some other Western power to suffer! Not a good thing.....--Tyr

Gaffer
09-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Count me as skeptical. I would think they'd kill more of themselves than they would of us but that's always the case.

http://www.history.com/topics/black-death

For one thing why would they be concerned about killing themselves. Someone with a syringe can inject himself or others before boarding a flight to a major city. Out breaks of the black death in multiple major cities will cause panic even if it can be treated and contained. They have all the delivery systems they could ask for.

fj1200
09-01-2014, 09:47 PM
That wouldn't be the point to the thread since the article discusses researching a delivery system for the bubonic plague. It does not assert that they possess any.

Then that answers my question. A real direct threat is not evidenced by a document on a laptop.

fj1200
09-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Nothing off topic about my reply Hoss.

Did it address WMD or the plague? No. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
No, it addressed the nature and intentions of those that would use such weapons!
Surely such weapons are not a threat unless somebody choses to use and deliver them here! So how is that not part of the thread and the topic at hand?
Seems your logic is a few steps behind Hoss bit that's ok I am used to it now. ;)
You should pick your battles more carefully. You were outflanked before you even raised your weapon to shoot.. :laugh:-Tyr

fj1200
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
No, it addressed the nature and intentions...

Yeah, of course. "... usual terror and murder..." :rolleyes:

Gunny
09-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Then that answers my question. A real direct threat is not evidenced by a document on a laptop.

Guess when the best time to stop a direct threat is? BEFORE it becomes one. Guess when it's too late to stop a direct threat without a complete escalation of the threat and the response? AFTER it becomes one.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Yeah, of course. "... usual terror and murder..." :rolleyes:

Yeah, of course. " usual preference for ignoring the big ass elephant in the room.
Why discuss those weapons if not discussing those that would use them?
Do you think the weapons will just use themselves on us??? :laugh:
I've owned in my lifetime over 400 guns(used to buy, sell and trade). Not a damn one of them ever grew legs and walked up to someday and shot day' ass..
Last I checked ISIS was in the title of the thread Hoss.
Perhaps it is you that better get with the program.
You've been outflanked and now split in the center.
Care for more... ;)--Tyr

Gunny
09-01-2014, 10:12 PM

Again, he addressed the terrorists. They are part of the thread title as well as the story contained in the link.

Drummond
09-02-2014, 05:47 AM
I can understand that a liberal would want to downplay the potential for threat that ISIS may pose in the future .. since, after all, it was Obama's enthusiasm for leaving Iraq to its own devices that has given ISIS the opportunities which they've now exploited to the hilt !!

It's only prudent for more realistic Conservatism to come to the fore, and seriously consider the potential for threat which has been opened up by that blunder (.. calling it a 'blunder' is as diplomatic as it gets ! ...). What ISIS currently has, isn't surely the issue right now. What they WANT to do, what they'd be motivated to plan for .. IS the issue - surely ?

fj1200
09-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Guess when the best time to stop a direct threat is? BEFORE it becomes one. Guess when it's too late to stop a direct threat without a complete escalation of the threat and the response? AFTER it becomes one.

Of course, I didn't suggest otherwise.

:blah:

:rolleyes:

Again, he addressed the terrorists. They are part of the thread title as well as the story contained in the link.

He always addresses terrorists, even in puppy threads. ;) The terrorists here are a given.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2014, 09:03 AM

He always addresses terrorists, even in puppy threads. ;) The terrorists here are a given.

Are you truly that dense?
What is a given is that you want to leave out the muslim angle on this.
And you attack me every time I bring it into a thread.
Well Hoss, it is in the thread title and is more important than the weapons because the weapons can not harm us unless used by the murdering muslim savages that are so desperately seeking to get them !
Damn, didn't you get enough power tripping back as hall monitor in high school?
ISIS is the topic and they ARE MUSLIM! They ARE TERRORIST too!!
Start a cage thread about my muslim hating if you like but stop this crap of every time I post about muslims and it is on topic.
You defend them just too damn much , which leads me to suspect something about you..-Tyr

fj1200
09-02-2014, 09:33 AM
^:roundnround: Where did I leave out the Muslim angle?

BTW, if I "attacked" you in "every" thread I'd be posting in every thread; clearly not the case.

Gunny
09-02-2014, 10:52 AM

The terrorists ARE the elephant in the room. THEIR laptop had the research on it. They are part and parcel to the topic.

fj1200
09-02-2014, 12:55 PM
The terrorists ARE the elephant in the room. THEIR laptop had the research on it. They are part and parcel to the topic.

Right, their presence is a given. "Research" is granting some sort of relevance to a C-grade paper.

She told MailOnline: 'This is nothing a security analyst wouldn't expect to find on a jihadist laptop. We've seen it time and time again.'Plus, biological weapons are extremely unpredictable and their spread cannot be predicted or controlled. This is why regimes and terrorist groups have been so reluctant to use them.
'They are slow acting, can't be geographically contained and are as likely to hurt you as the enemy. That's why, while lots of groups look into them, none ever use them.'
She added that bubonic plague 'can be treated with simple antibiotics these days, so no threat anyway' and that polio in Syria is a far bigger worry than biological weapons.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2737639/ISIS-laptop-reveals-terror-group-working-biological-weapon-spread-bubonic-plague.html#ixzz3CBNERASg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Gunny
09-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Right, their presence is a given. "Research" is granting some sort of relevance to a C-grade paper.

Oh? How about the research is a given and the terrorists granted some sort of relevance to a C- grade paper according to YOU?

I've told you before, don't try to play semantics with me.

All three are relevant. The terrorists. The research. What they are researching -- the delivery system for a WMD. The research is irrelevant without who is doing it.

fj1200
09-02-2014, 01:07 PM
:rolleyes: semantics.

Gunny
09-02-2014, 01:09 PM
:rolleyes: semantics.

Exactly.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2014, 06:12 PM
A fact even he could not have missed .. So that leaves the question why he always likes to misdirect the attention onto other things when the subject is the murdering muslims.
Their laptop, they want us destroyed --by WMD'S but genius says they are not on topic or not relevant!
Boggles the mind trying to figure out how anybody but a complete moron could think the muslims are not part of this topic!
Maybe fj thinks ISIS just means is and is that have been capitalized for kicks... :laugh:--Tyr

Gunny
09-02-2014, 06:48 PM
A fact even he could not have missed .. So that leaves the question why he always likes to misdirect the attention onto other things when the subject is the murdering muslims.
Their laptop, they want us destroyed --by WMD'S but genius says they are not on topic or not relevant!
Boggles the mind trying to figure out how anybody but a complete moron could think the muslims are not part of this topic!
Maybe fj thinks ISIS just means is and is that have been capitalized for kicks... :laugh:--Tyr

Eh ... I think he was just in a mood. ;)

Daniyel
09-03-2014, 04:45 AM
As it seems they are on their way to Israel, or at least the direction of Israel.

Gunny
09-03-2014, 05:25 AM
As it seems they are on their way to Israel, or at least the direction of Israel.

Under the citcumstances and from an overall regional view, Israel is the LAST place I am concerned with. They have no problem taking preemptive action.

fj1200
09-03-2014, 10:52 AM

At least you make my agenda so easy to achieve. ;)

Eh ... I think he was just in a mood. ;)

Always. :coffee2:

Daniyel
09-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Under the citcumstances and from an overall regional view, Israel is the LAST place I am concerned with. They have no problem taking preemptive action.

Every deop of blood is a waste, I wouldn't like to see Jordan fall into chaos and they already infiltrated Jordan, Gaza as well, and I bet they are in Egypt waiting for the right time, it is not an easy situation since I believe IDF will be able to hold the borders but the cost will be huge..

Gunny
09-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Every deop of blood is a waste, I wouldn't like to see Jordan fall into chaos and they already infiltrated Jordan, Gaza as well, and I bet they are in Egypt waiting for the right time, it is not an easy situation since I believe IDF will be able to hold the borders but the cost will be huge..

Kinda hard to switch gears from goofing off to serious; especially. if your loaded with caffeine, but I'll give it a shot. :)

Sure, every drop of blood is a waste. But I'm going to waste your blood before I let you waste mine. Their agenda is clear; therefore, in MY mind, time for a strategy to quit goofing around worrying about World opinion and the politically correct media and take them out.

There's NOTHING worth having if you aren't willing to pay for it. If it's playing for blood, so be it.

Daniyel
09-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Kinda hard to switch gears from goofing off to serious; especially. if your loaded with caffeine, but I'll give it a shot. :)

Sure, every drop of blood is a waste. But I'm going to waste your blood before I let you waste mine. Their agenda is clear; therefore, in MY mind, time for a strategy to quit goofing around worrying about World opinion and the politically correct media and take them out.

There's NOTHING worth having if you aren't willing to pay for it. If it's playing for blood, so be it.
Well it doesn't oppose that, actually this is the part where alliances being formed over mutual goals, none of OUR blood should be wasted in the first place, which is why I believe the IDF should join the Jordanian army to defeat these scums before this time bomb would blast in our face after Jordan will collapse into chaos.

Gunny
09-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Well it doesn't oppose that, actually this is the part where alliances being formed over mutual goals, none of OUR blood should be wasted in the first place, which is why I believe the IDF should join the Jordanian army to defeat these scums before this time bomb would blast in our face after Jordan will collapse into chaos.

I believe I heard on the news the UK? talking about beefing up Jordan's military? Everybody wants to talk, but no one wants to act. It's about 6 years too old here.

My opinion is the FIRST thing Israel needs to do is solidify its borders. That means taking out Hamas first.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-04-2014, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=fj1200;702292]At least you make my agenda so easy to achieve. ;) QUOTE]

Being a legend in your own mind, a penchant for circular reasoning and your bad habit of declaring false victories does that..
A shame you can not hear the snickers when you do that..-Tyr

fj1200
09-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Being a legend in your own mind, a penchant for circular reasoning and your bad habit of declaring false victories does that..
A shame you can not hear the snickers when you do that..-Tyr

You just hate me because I know the code words to get you riled up. :slap:

Drummond
09-05-2014, 12:56 PM
You just hate me because I know the code words to get you riled up. :slap:

... whoops. 'What a giveaway', eh ....:trolls:

fj1200
09-05-2014, 01:10 PM
... whoops. 'What a giveaway', eh ....:trolls:

And that's why you're a hypocrite.