Makes 6 to 8 servings
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound uncooked pork breakfast sausage, casings removed
12 large eggs
2 1/2 cups whole milk
2 teaspoons ground mustard, such as Colman’s
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces French or sourdough baguette, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 5 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Cooking spray

Step 1: Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until it’s no longer pink and is starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.

Step 2: Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk until they’re broken up. Add the milk, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Add the reserved sausage, bread, and cheeses and stir to combine.

Step 3: Coat a medium or large slow cooker with cooking spray and pour in the casserole mixture. Cook for 4 hours on high.

Pics at link

http://www.chow.com/food-news/153609/crock-pot-cheesy-sausage-breakfast-casserole/

Gunny
08-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Mmmm. Never post while hungry :)

Slow Cooker Cheesy Sausage Breakfast Casserole

Makes 6 to 8 servings
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound uncooked pork breakfast sausage, casings removed
12 large eggs
2 1/2 cups whole milk
2 teaspoons ground mustard, such as Colman’s
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces French or sourdough baguette, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 5 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Cooking spray

Step 1: Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until it’s no longer pink and is starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.

Step 2: Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk until they’re broken up. Add the milk, mustard, salt, and pepper and whisk to combine. Add the reserved sausage, bread, and cheeses and stir to combine.

Step 3: Coat a medium or large slow cooker with cooking spray and pour in the casserole mixture. Cook for 4 hours on high.

Pics at link

http://www.chow.com/food-news/153609/crock-pot-cheesy-sausage-breakfast-casserole/

Huh. That's a LOT of damned work and LOT of damned dishes I always get to wash just for breakfast.

I'll go 4 eggs over easy, bacon, hash browns n toast. And LOTS of coffee so I can act like Jim, all jittery n binging off the ceiling n crap.:laugh:

Shadow
08-31-2014, 01:07 PM
Huh. That's a LOT of damned work and LOT of damned dishes I always get to wash just for breakfast.

I'll go 4 eggs over easy, bacon, hash browns n toast. And LOTS of coffee so I can act like Jim, all jittery n binging off the ceiling n crap.:laugh:

Not if you make it the easy way. Bag of frozen Jimmy Dean precooked sausage then add the egg mixture. That's one bowl, 1 crock pot and one utensil (maybe two if you are OCD and have to actually measure shit).

Peeps can eat off paper plates or out of the dish if you want. :laugh:

Gunny
08-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Not if you make it the easy way. Bag of frozen Jimmy Dean precooked sausage then add the egg mixture. That's one bowl, 1 crock pot and one utensil (maybe two if you are OCD and have to actually measure shit).

Peeps can eat off paper plates or out of the dish if you want. :laugh:

Come on ... I'm a bachelor and retired Marine. Eating out of the dish doesn't phase me a bit. BUT ... I can't eat breakfast sausage. Makes me toss up in a minute. It does actually sound good though. I personally just won't be okay with the results. :)

Shadow
08-31-2014, 01:22 PM
Come on ... I'm a bachelor and retired Marine. Eating out of the dish doesn't phase me a bit. BUT ... I can't eat breakfast sausage. Makes me toss up in a minute. It does actually sound good though. I personally just won't be okay with the results. :)

We will put bacon bits in yours.:thumb:

Gunny
08-31-2014, 01:27 PM
We will put bacon bits in yours.:thumb:

*ouch* Gee, thanks. :laugh: