PDA

View Full Version : Fringe

PixieStix
08-31-2014, 02:42 PM
I have recently started watching "Fringe". It is sort of science fiction. It starts slow, but about the 8th episode, it starts getting really good. I recommend it to those who like science fiction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTFFaIzFWI

Gaffer
08-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Another show I never heard of.

I take it this is another series that ends after ten episodes and doesn't return for six to eight months for the second season if it's not canceled. That's another reason I don't watch a lot of regular TV.

revelarts
08-31-2014, 03:32 PM
I have recently started watching "Fringe". It is sort of science fiction. It starts slow, but about the 8th episode, it starts getting really good. I recommend it to those who like science fiction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpTFFaIzFWI

O Yeah, I was loving this show for the 1st 2 or 3 seasons then it started to head off the rails IMO.
it never became quite as bad as the series 'Sliders' in the writing dept but it became much less compelling in season 4 n 5 and got a bit goofy over the top compared to the well done drama and weirdness of the early seasons.

It's WELL worth the watch in the early seasons though.
the character of Dr. Walter Bishop is one of the All time great TV Sci-Fi Characters IMO.
on a par with , Mulder and Scully, and Mr Spock and Mr Data.

I think the whole series in on Netflix and or Hulu

revelarts
08-31-2014, 04:13 PM
One side item that struck me about the show ,(and i think it'd hit most here as well), is how it can make you feel old at times. Because the 1970s and 80s are referred to in flash backs almost as if it's the stone age or sumthin'. kinda funny in a sad way.

Drummond
09-01-2014, 04:33 AM
One side item that struck me about the show ,(and i think it'd hit most here as well), is how it can make you feel old at times. Because the 1970s and 80s are referred to in flash backs almost as if it's the stone age or sumthin'. kinda funny in a sad way.

I look forward to a day when we have media that'll give the Left exactly that sort of treatment .. the Left, seen and acknowledged to be an anachronism never to be indulged in again, on this planet !!:clap:

SassyLady
09-02-2014, 12:36 AM
I agree with Rev .... it was a great show in the first couple of seasons and, like Gaffer said .... too long of a wait between seasons ... found something more compelling to watch during the time slot.

Rev ... loved Dr. Bishop!!!

PixieStix
09-13-2014, 02:44 PM
I agree with Rev .... it was a great show in the first couple of seasons and, like Gaffer said .... too long of a wait between seasons ... found something more compelling to watch during the time slot.

Rev ... loved Dr. Bishop!!!
I rarely watch a show unless I can watch at will. I don't watch much TV. I find a show. I download it and watch
Dr. Walter Bishop quotes are hilarious. I am now on the 3rd season

This show however has nothing on Breaking Bad for sure