PDA

View Full Version : 40-Year-Old Former Teacher Marries 16-Year-Old Student

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 08:10 PM
40-Year-Old Former Teacher Marries 16-Year-Old Student

Thursday, June 21, 2007

WILMINGTON, N.C. — The school district that employed a 40-year-old high-school science teacher and cross-country coach who married a 16-year-old student could find no reason to fire him, school officials said.

Brenton Wuchae coached Windy Hager at South Brunswick High School, where she recently completed her sophomore year as one of the school's top runners.

Wuchae resigned his position and, according to a marriage license, married Hager after the girl's parents begrudgingly gave their consent.

Brunswick County Schools Superintendent Katie McGee said both the school system and the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office investigated Wuchae's case but did not come up with enough evidence that would merit charging or even firing the coach.

"As a lifelong educator, I am truly shocked and disheartened by what has transpired," McGee said.

Hager's parents, Dennis and Betty Hager, said they did all they could to keep the couple apart after noticing a deeper-than-usual friendship forming between them. The parents said they tried to intervene by talking to the coach, going to school officials, pleading with police and sheriff's office detectives, even other teachers and students at South Brunswick.

But the Hagers say they reluctantly signed a consent form allowing their daughter to marry her coach.

A local paper captured the pair's relationship in a story about Hager's running success. In the Nov., 8, 2006, article in the State Port Pilot, Hager said her success was due mostly to he coach (and now husband).

"He’s very encouraging. He’s always telling us how proud he is," Hager told the paper. "I’m proud of where I finished but he seems to be even more proud of me. He’s always been encouraging. That’s what makes him a great coach. He’s always motivated us; he’s always out there helping us."

Click here to read Hager talk about Coach Wuchae.

The Brunswick County Board of Education approved Wuchae's resignation Tuesday — one week after Wuchae had filed it.

The school system hired Wuchae as a teacher and coach in August 2004 from Guilford County.

Wuchae and his new bride were at home Tuesday, resting on his living room floor watching TV. He declined to comment.

Editor's Note: A photo posted earlier in the day with this story incorrectly identified Brenton Wuchae. FOXNews.com regrets the error.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285794,00.html

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 08:13 PM
What's the bottom line here? Simple. The homo/lezbo agenda is being more and more accepted, and part of that agenda is pedophilia. A 40 year old MARRYING a 16 year old, and even gets the parents consent.

The homos/pedophiles are winning. Ten more years and this will be common place, and nobody will give a flying fuck.

manu1959
06-21-2007, 08:17 PM
What's the bottom line here? Simple. The homo/lezbo agenda is being more and more accepted, and part of that agenda is pedophilia. A 40 year old MARRYING a 16 year old, and even gets the parents consent.

The homos/pedophiles are winning. Ten more years and this will be common place, and nobody will give a flying fuck.

how about a 20 year old marrying a 44 year olde?

age of consent is......................

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 08:18 PM

Legal is legal. Illegal is illegal. Where do you draw the line? At an age, or with the law?

Last I heard, there was a 19 year old boy doing 10 years in prison for having sex with a 17 year old. Why is that guy in prison, and this 40 year old adult was allowed to MARRY a minor less than half his age?

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 08:19 PM
40-Year-Old Former Teacher Marries 16-Year-Old Student

Thursday, June 21, 2007

WILMINGTON, N.C. — The school district that employed a 40-year-old high-school science teacher and cross-country coach who married a 16-year-old student could find no reason to fire him, school officials said.

Brenton Wuchae coached Windy Hager at South Brunswick High School, where she recently completed her sophomore year as one of the school's top runners.

Wuchae resigned his position and, according to a marriage license, married Hager after the girl's parents begrudgingly gave their consent.

Brunswick County Schools Superintendent Katie McGee said both the school system and the Brunswick County Sheriff's Office investigated Wuchae's case but did not come up with enough evidence that would merit charging or even firing the coach.

"As a lifelong educator, I am truly shocked and disheartened by what has transpired," McGee said.

Hager's parents, Dennis and Betty Hager, said they did all they could to keep the couple apart after noticing a deeper-than-usual friendship forming between them. The parents said they tried to intervene by talking to the coach, going to school officials, pleading with police and sheriff's office detectives, even other teachers and students at South Brunswick.

But the Hagers say they reluctantly signed a consent form allowing their daughter to marry her coach.

A local paper captured the pair's relationship in a story about Hager's running success. In the Nov., 8, 2006, article in the State Port Pilot, Hager said her success was due mostly to he coach (and now husband).

"He’s very encouraging. He’s always telling us how proud he is," Hager told the paper. "I’m proud of where I finished but he seems to be even more proud of me. He’s always been encouraging. That’s what makes him a great coach. He’s always motivated us; he’s always out there helping us."

Click here to read Hager talk about Coach Wuchae.

The Brunswick County Board of Education approved Wuchae's resignation Tuesday — one week after Wuchae had filed it.

The school system hired Wuchae as a teacher and coach in August 2004 from Guilford County.

Wuchae and his new bride were at home Tuesday, resting on his living room floor watching TV. He declined to comment.

Editor's Note: A photo posted earlier in the day with this story incorrectly identified Brenton Wuchae. FOXNews.com regrets the error.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,285794,00.html

This guy is a pedephile plain and simple. The parents could have done more to stop this and didn't have to sign the paper's allowing this. i would have beat the shit out of him if it was my daughter. I have a hunch that will happen to him quite a few times because of this, and I hope it does. Guys like this are the reason parents worry about sending their kids to school.

06-21-2007, 08:20 PM
how on earth did he get the parents consent????

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 08:23 PM
This guy is a pedephile plain and simple. The parents could have done more to stop this and didn't have to sign the paper's allowing this. i would have beat the shit out of him if it was my daughter. I have a hunch that will happen to him quite a few times because of this, and I hope it does. Guys like this are the reason parents worry about sending their kids to school.

I'm inclined to believe I would have too.

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 08:24 PM
how on earth did he get the parents consent????

Unless the parents just wanted to unload her first chance they got, I don't know. Very strange indeed.

Maybe she's pregnant on top of everything else, but that little bit of information didn't make it into the press, because then mister pedophile would have had his ass thrown in prison for statory rape... still should.

Joan
06-21-2007, 08:24 PM
That is one sick bastard!!

Kathianne
06-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I have to agree with you guys, if it were my daughter our house would not be a pleasant place to be. Now with that said, that would not have been so unusual 100 or so years ago.

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I have to agree with you guys, if it were my daughter our house would not be a pleasant place to be. Now with that said, that would not have been so unusual 100 or so years ago.

Well... maybe more like 200 years ago, and more like a 30 year old marrying a 14 or 15 year old. 40 marrying a 16 year old would have been extreme even back then I think. By the time you were 40, you were already "old."

Pale Rider
06-21-2007, 09:09 PM

I'm just a little curious about your question and comment... does this mean you have no problem with it?

Kathianne
06-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Well... maybe more like 200 years ago, and more like a 30 year old marrying a 14 or 15 year old. 40 marrying a 16 year old would have been extreme even back then I think. By the time you were 40, you were already "old."

It wouldn't be the 'norm' but not unusual for the second marriage of an older, more wealthy man. Lots of women were lost in childbirth, around a hundred-125 years ago, really.

Gaffer
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
What can a 40 year old man possibly have in common with a 16 year old girl?

Kathianne
06-21-2007, 09:23 PM

Nowadays, I can't figure. It just sounds sick.

Guernicaa
06-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm not saying this is right...buttt....
If you look at the past 3,000 years of history, this was the common way to get married. Relationships like this happened all the time up until the only about a hundred years ago.

Why do we freak out now??

manu1959
06-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Legal is legal. Illegal is illegal. Where do you draw the line? At an age, or with the law?

Last I heard, there was a 19 year old boy doing 10 years in prison for having sex with a 17 year old. Why is that guy in prison, and this 40 year old adult was allowed to MARRY a minor less than half his age?

16 is the age of consent with parental sign off in the jurisdiction you are refering to....perfectly legal

manu1959
06-21-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm not saying this is right...buttt....
If you look at the past 3,000 years of history, this was the common way to get married. Relationships like this happened all the time up until the only about a hundred years ago.

Why do we freak out now??

so does the 3,000 year ago standard apply across the board then?

Missileman
06-21-2007, 10:02 PM

This just in! Homosexuals to blame for global warming AND the spread of Islam...film at 11. :rolleyes:

Guernicaa
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
so does the 3,000 year ago standard apply across the board then?
I brought that point up specifically because conservatives continuously refer to homosexuality as being something "civilizations haven't accepted for thousands of years" (which isn't true...its only been the past 1500 years of Europe's Christian civilizations that haven't accepted homosexuality..but thats not the point)

My point is that if conservatives are going to try and use something that European Christians didn't accept for 1500 years about sexual relations why can’t they accept something that they did?

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm inclined to believe I would have too.

I dont see how they couldn't find something to charge this guy with. Maybe they run a haven for pedephiles and sex offenders. A 16 year old girl has no idea what she wants. Most women dont until they hit about 23024 their tastes change, so do most guys.

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 10:47 PM

At the very least they could have sent her to boarding school until she was eighteen to seperate them.

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 10:48 PM
This just in! Homosexuals to blame for global warming AND the spread of Islam...film at 11. :rolleyes:

:laugh2:

Guernicaa
06-21-2007, 10:50 PM
It's not funny because thats how fucking retarded some of the people on this board are.

nevadamedic
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
It's not funny because thats how fucking retarded some of the people on this board are.

You really shouldn't insult yourself like that.

Guernicaa
06-21-2007, 11:30 PM
You really shouldn't insult yourself like that.
^This coming from the man who recently got caught up in this conversation:

We're a little above normal..
But, we're usually between 70-80 in the summer's here..
It seems like every 5yrs or so, we get these kinda temps..

Dont you get snow year round?

:poke:

Abbey Marie
06-21-2007, 11:36 PM
My daughter will be 16 this summer; there simply is no way this would happen. The phrase "over my dead body" comes to mind...

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
My daughter will be 16 this summer; there simply is no way this would happen. The phrase "over my dead body" comes to mind...

What would you do if she came home and told you she was inlove with her teacher? I mean how do you prevent this from happening?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
^This coming from the man who recently got caught up in this conversation:

What the hell does my conversation with Steph in another thread have to do with this thread? :poke:

Abbey Marie
06-22-2007, 12:09 AM
What would you do if she came home and told you she was inlove with her teacher? I mean how do you prevent this from happening?

You start young. As a rule, girls who have self confidence, respect for their parents, and ambition for their futures don't fall all over 40 year old dudes.
I'm sure your daughter is on the right track. :)

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 12:59 AM
You start young. As a rule, girls who have self confidence, respect for their parents, and ambition for their futures don't fall all over 40 year old dudes.
I'm sure your daughter is on the right track. :)

That still didn't answer my question about what would you do if that happened? My daughter knows she is not allowed to date while im alive. :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 02:04 AM

He's a pedophile... she's got a daddy thing. They're both sick.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 02:07 AM
16 is the age of consent with parental sign off in the jurisdiction you are refering to....perfectly legal

So you're OK with a 16 year old minor girl and a 40 year old man together?

How is it he avoided being prosecuted for statutory rape?

(I'm a little shocked you defend this.)

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 02:09 AM

See you COULD have said something worth reading Mm, but instead you chose to just spew some smartass shit. It isn't even typical of you. Usually you put up some kind of defense before you get mouthy.

06-22-2007, 02:19 AM

um... hmmmm... sex?

maybe they are at the same maturity level.

06-22-2007, 02:20 AM

there are a large number of states where the statutory rape law is below 16.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 02:58 AM
there are a large number of states where the statutory rape law is below 16.

I didn't know that. I still think it's sick... a 40 year old man and a 16 year old girl. A 16 year old is NOT mature enough to make decisions like that.

Missileman
06-22-2007, 03:21 AM
you chose to just spew some smartass shit.

I was following your lead. :poke:

Hagbard Celine
06-22-2007, 09:03 AM

This has been common place for most of human history. The idea that teenagers are still children is a late 20th century invention. :dunno:

darin
06-22-2007, 09:09 AM
My Aunt married when she was 14. I don't recall how old her husband was at the time; IIRC my Dad said his new BIL had a son who was 10 or 12 years old at the time. They lived together for about 40 years, until her death about 10 years ago.

re: "What if your daughter said she was in love with..."

At 16, no child has a true understanding of Love. If my daughter says something like that to me I'd do what it takes to make her understand "If it's REALLY love, you can wait until AFTER College or Officer Basic Course."

Hagbard Celine
06-22-2007, 09:14 AM
My Aunt married when she was 14. I don't recall how old her husband was at the time; IIRC my Dad said his new BIL had a son who was 10 or 12 years old at the time. They lived together for about 40 years, until her death about 10 years ago.

re: "What if your daughter said she was in love with..."

At 16, no child has a true understanding of Love. If my daughter says something like that to me I'd do what it takes to make her understand "If it's REALLY love, you can wait until AFTER College or Officer Basic Course."

I love how you only listed two options for kids: college or military :laugh: Would you really send your daughter into the meat grinder of the military? You're a cold-hearted bastard dmp :laugh:

darin
06-22-2007, 09:19 AM
I love how you only listed two options for kids: college or military :laugh: Would you really send your daughter into the meat grinder of the military? You're a cold-hearted bastard dmp :laugh:

One serves the other, I suppose. Ideally, they'd do BOTH college and Service in the Military. A formal education will build in them 'knowledge'. Military service will grant them wisdom.

manu1959
06-22-2007, 10:42 AM

first off 16 is the age of consent in some states....and with parental consent they can get married....

it is the law.....don't like it...change the law

darin
06-22-2007, 10:50 AM
first off 16 is the age of consent in some states....and with parental consent they can get married....

...and who is saying they had sex prior to getting married? I bet we're assuming he was nailing her - but the police couldn't find anything to charge him with. Tells me there's at least a good chance his and her relationship wasn't sexual.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:05 AM
...and who is saying they had sex prior to getting married? I bet we're assuming he was nailing her - but the police couldn't find anything to charge him with. Tells me there's at least a good chance his and her relationship wasn't sexual.

Those cops must be bumbling idiots.

darin
06-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Those cops must be bumbling idiots.

...and the school board...and the parents...and...and...?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:16 AM
...and the school board...and the parents...and...and...?

Yea, but it's the cops who cant find anything to charge him with.

darin
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Yea, but it's the cops who cant find anything to charge him with.

Nor could the school find a reason to fire him. There seems to be NO LAWS broken. If a relationship is legal, it's legal.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Nor could the school find a reason to fire him. There seems to be NO LAWS broken. If a relationship is legal, it's legal.

That doesn't make sense though. Our school district here has a rule that no teacher can engage in a romantic relationship with any student, even if the student is eighteen. They will automaticall be fired.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I was following your lead. :poke:

No you weren't. You were the first one in this thread to be a joker.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 01:57 PM

Well I didn't mean to piss you off manu. Next time I'll know not to question the ethics of 40 year old male teachers chasing 16 year old student girls to you.

I've come to the conclusion you're OK with it, since you've defended it at every turn.

manu1959
06-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Well I didn't mean to piss you off manu. Next time I'll know not to question 40 year old men chasing 16 year old girls to you.

not pissed of dude...just pointing out what the law is....age of consent in NC is 16....

now do i think a 16 year old and a 40 year old is a healthy relationship....nope....

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 02:01 PM
not pissed of dude...just pointing out what the law is....age of consent in NC is 16....

now do i think a 16 year old and a 40 year old is a healthy relationship....nope....

THAT is all I was asking.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:05 PM

Other then a disgusting sexual relationship, nothing. Whats he gonna do take her to the movies or chuck e cheeses? I mean cmon, she couldn't goto a bar or a club with him, her interests are probably into teenie bopper things and if he is into that then he is sicker then I thought(which is already pretty sick). I mean I wont even consider dating a woman that is under 24.

darin
06-22-2007, 02:05 PM
That doesn't make sense though. Our school district here has a rule that no teacher can engage in a romantic relationship with any student, even if the student is eighteen. They will automaticall be fired.

Why do you assume they had a romantic relationship? The school may have such a policy, but have determined the relationship wasn't romantic yet.

Abbey Marie
06-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Why do you assume they had a romantic relationship? The school may have such a policy, but have determined the relationship wasn't romantic yet.

Based on what? Both of them denying it? They would both likely be in some trouble if they admitted it, so there is great incentive to lie.
Her parents must have done a poor job of raising her, and this guy is most likely a pedophile.

Monkeybone
06-22-2007, 02:11 PM
i like how the parents didn't approve and them signed a consent form anyways. if they didn't like it that much whey didn't they try for statory?

Kathianne
06-22-2007, 02:12 PM
i like how the parents didn't approve and them signed a consent form anyways. if they didn't like it that much whey didn't they try for sautatory?

THAT was my thought. Good job of bringing it up!

darin
06-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Based on what? Both of them denying it? They would both likely be in some trouble if they admitted it, so there is great incentive to lie.
Her parents must have done a poor job of raising her, and this guy is most likely a pedophile.

Based on whatever. I mean, three bodies of folk looked at the case - The Po-Leese, the Skewl, and the Parents. Two out of the three found nothing illegal.

Why would he be a pedophile? I wasn't 40-something when I started dating my wife, but she was just a year older than the girl in the story. No - she didn't know much about life or what love REALLY meant in a marriage...but so far it's working...or, at least, hanging on by a thread.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:18 PM

Ok, so by your thinking he just poooed the question at school one day without anything romantic going on? :lame2:

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:20 PM

Most likely? This guy is, and deserves to have his ass beat on a daily basis. He took advanage of a little girl plain and simple. I hope that when someone see's them out together that they beat him within an inch of his life.

darin
06-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok, so by your thinking he just poooed the question at school one day without anything romantic going on? :lame2:

No - I think it's possible for people to fall in love and decide to want to be together without anything physically inappropriate going on. I'm saying this guy was studied by two organizations with MUCH to Gain by bringing him down, yet neither has yet found evidence of a crime.

darin
06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Most likely? This guy is, and deserves to have his ass beat on a daily basis. He took advanage of a little girl plain and simple. I hope that when someone see's them out together that they beat him within an inch of his life.

Am I a pedophile? or was I? I asked my wife to marry me when she was 17. I was 23.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Based on whatever. I mean, three bodies of folk looked at the case - The Po-Leese, the Skewl, and the Parents. Two out of the three found nothing illegal.

Why would he be a pedophile? I wasn't 40-something when I started dating my wife, but she was just a year older than the girl in the story. No - she didn't know much about life or what love REALLY meant in a marriage...but so far it's working...or, at least, hanging on by a thread.

Yea but were you forty? Was your wife your student? How old were you exactly? Here in Nevada it is illegal for anyone under the age of 18, and if the guy is over 20 it automatically makes it a felony and the guy a minimum of a tier 2 sex offender.

darin
06-22-2007, 02:26 PM
Yea but were you forty? Was your wife your student? How old were you exactly?

Wait a minute - is it a problem of the girl's age, or the guy's age? If a 20 y/o molested a 14 year old, is that less-bad than if a 30 year old did it?

My wife was a student, and, like I said, I was 23.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
The parents are just as guilty. The could have prevented it. If worse came to worse and it was my daughter I would have killed the guy.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Wait a minute - is it a problem of the girl's age, or the guy's age? If a 20 y/o molested a 14 year old, is that less-bad than if a 30 year old did it?

Yes and no, I think the older the person the worse it is as far as a moral thing. It's bad at any age. I dont think someone who is 16 should be with any guy over 18.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Bottom line is this guy knew better, he was an educator.

darin
06-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes and no, I think the older the person the worse it is as far as a moral thing. It's bad at any age. I dont think someone who is 16 should be with (anyone) over 18.

So - would I be a pedophile in your eyes? That a yes? Should her Dad have said "No way!" instead of "Sure!" when I asked for his daughter's hand?

darin
06-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Bottom line is this guy knew better, he was an educator.

You are using the 'bottom-line' tag to assume-away, or brush away very valid questions, IMO.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
So - would I be a pedophile in your eyes? That a yes? Should her Dad have said "No way!" instead of "Sure!" when I asked for his daughter's hand?

Once again how old were you?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
You are using the 'bottom-line' tag to assume-away, or brush away very valid questions, IMO.

I answered your questions.

darin
06-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Once again how old were you?

Scroll up and read it.

You're being a hypocrite in my opinion. If not, you're being double-minded at least.

First you say this is about the Girl's age (statutory) - then you say it's because the guy is so much older. Make up your mind. Then you say "The bottom line (Why this is a big deal) is because the guy is an educator."

If it's okay for a 16 year old to get married (which you don't seem to mind), but NOT okay if the guy is "x" years older than she (you stated you feel it'd be wrong if the guy was over age 18). You call this guy - who was over 18 - a pedophile who needs to die/get beaten up, yet you wont say I'm a pedophile for proposing to a girl just one year older. Oh - that's right...Because I was (scroll up) years old, and not 40. So it's really not about HER age, is it? It's about the GUY's age. If your only problem is the age of the guy, that's one thing. But to call him a pedophile and wish him death - or insinuate you'd have literally killed him - is another.

KarlMarx
06-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Public School Teachers - 4
Catholic Priests - 0

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Am I a pedophile? or was I? I asked my wife to marry me when she was 17. I was 23.

Thats a lot different then this situation.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Well if a forty year old man having sex with a 16 year old girl ISN'T a pedophile... then what is he? Normal? Just business as usual for 40 year olds to be screwing 16 year olds?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Scroll up and read it.

You're being a hypocrite in my opinion. If not, you're being double-minded at least.

First you say this is about the Girl's age (statutory) - then you say it's because the guy is so much older. Make up your mind. Then you say "The bottom line (Why this is a big deal) is because the guy is an educator."

If it's okay for a 16 year old to get married (which you don't seem to mind), but NOT okay if the guy is "x" years older than she (you stated you feel it'd be wrong if the guy was over age 18). You call this guy - who was over 18 - a pedophile who needs to die/get beaten up, yet you wont say I'm a pedophile for proposing to a girl just one year older. Oh - that's right...Because I was (scroll up) years old, and not 40. So it's really not about HER age, is it? It's about the GUY's age. If your only problem is the age of the guy, that's one thing. But to call him a pedophile and wish him death - or insinuate you'd have literally killed him - is another.

It's all of the above. There is a 24 year age difference and the girl is 16 that is disgusting and wrong. I dont see how you can compare your situation to their. there is roughly a 6 year difference in yours. Thats why im not calling you a pediphile, now if you were closer to that guys age then hell yes I would. You would think like I do if god forbid anything every happened to your daughter like what happened to mine, it tends to make you more sensative on this issue. I also dont think any woman under 18 years old has any business getting married, but thats my opinion.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Well if a forty year old man having sex with a 16 year old girl ISN'T a pedophile... then what is he? Normal? Just business as usual for 40 year olds to be with 16 year olds?

I guess it is since this guy isnt getting in a bit of trouble over this. I bet if the District Attorney got flooded with letters he would look into this a lottle more aggressivly.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Here is the website of the District Attorney who would handle this. I bet if we keep emailing him he just night do something about this.

http://www.nccourts.org/County/NewHanover/Staff/DA/Default.asp

Abbey Marie
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Well if a forty year old man having sex with a 16 year old girl ISN'T a pedophile... then what is he? Normal? Just business as usual for 40 year olds to be with 16 year olds?

Well said.

(and I really like your new avi :beer: )

Missileman
06-22-2007, 03:40 PM
No you weren't. You were the first one in this thread to be a joker.

OH!...you were being serious when blaming the conduct of two heterosexuals on homosexuals in general? That reads like a joke to me.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 04:35 PM
OH!...you were being serious when blaming the conduct of two heterosexuals on homosexuals in general? That reads like a joke to me.

Only to a fag apologist.

darin
06-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Thats a lot different then this situation.

Because he was older than I was? That's silly. Is a 20 year old having sex with a 14 year old 'not as bad' as a 30 year old having sex with a 14 year old? If ONE is bad, BOTH are bad.

Well if a forty year old man having sex with a 16 year old girl ISN'T a pedophile... then what is he? Normal? Just business as usual for 40 year olds to be screwing 16 year olds?

If the 16 year old is the 40 year old's spouse, it's normal.

It's all of the above. There is a 24 year age difference and the girl is 16 that is disgusting and wrong. I dont see how you can compare your situation to their. there is roughly a 6 year difference in yours. Thats why im not calling you a pediphile, now if you were closer to that guys age then hell yes I would.

It seems you define a pedophile NOT by the age of the victim, but by the age of the assailant. That's odd to me.

You would think like I do if god forbid anything every happened to your daughter like what happened to mine, it tends to make you more sensitive on this issue.

Yours is a sad story - and I suppose it frames your point of view; but it's not likely anything like what THIS story is about - an emancipated 16 year old marrying a guy who is 40. It's legal. There was no evidence found to indicate they had a relationship which was illegal, prior to the marriage. Once the marriage happens, it's done. I wish and pray for them SUCCESS and a wonderful and happy life.

I also dont think any woman under 18 years old has any business getting married, but thats my opinion.

Case by case basis, IMO. If my Daughter wanted to wed at 17.5 years, I'd ask her to wait until she was 18. If she refused, I'd sign-off on the papers - IF I thought the guy was legit, and her mind was right (as right as an 18 year old girl's mind CAN be, I suppose).

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 04:44 PM

The marriage wasn't arranged. There had to be a time when they were, "fooling around."

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you D. I think it's totally wrong for a forty year old man to chase after a 16 year old girl. The only thing I can think he was doing was chasing after it like a dog in heat hoping he was going to get him some "young trim," because they CERTAINLY don't have anything intellectually in common with such a huge difference in age. And it was a teacher, student relationship at that. I think that makes it even more wrong. He was a predator and she was captive prey.

Had it been my daughter, I'm afraid I'm with nm on this one. I'd have told the guy to stay away from my daughter, or I'm going to fuck ya up, and if he didn't, I'd have fucked him up. No if, ands, or buts about it.

darin
06-22-2007, 04:48 PM
The marriage wasn't arranged. There had to be a time when they were, "fooling around."

Speculation.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you D. I think it's totally wrong for a forty year old man to chase after a 16 year old girl. The only thing I think he was doing was chasing after it like a dog in heat hoping he was going to get him some "young trim," because they CERTAINLY don't have anything intellectually in common with such a huge difference in age. And it was a teacher, student relationship at that. I think that makes it even more wrong.

I allow that people CAN fall in love the old-fashioned way. As Neither the police nor School officials found anything illegal or unethical happening, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Had it been my daughter, I'm afraid with nm on this one. I'd have told the guy to stay away from my daughter, or I'm going to fuck ya up, and if he didn't, I'd have fucked him up. No if, ands, or buts about it.

If he was 30, would you have done the same thing?

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Speculation.
Are you saying you don't think there was a period where they "fell in love?"

I allow that people CAN fall in love the old-fashioned way. As Neither the police nor School officials found anything illegal or unethical happening, I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Well then... I guess we should redifine what a pedophile is if 40 on 16 is OK.

If he was 30, would you have done the same thing?
Yup. Once my kid turned 18, she could marry an old man like Anne Smith did. Until then, no way. I think they're just too young to fully know what they're doing before that.

darin
06-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Are you saying you don't think there was a period where they "fell in love?"

I'll answer that with a question: "Are you saying people can't fall in love without fooling around?"

Well then... I guess we should stop calling people pedophiles then if 40 on 16 is OK.

It's okay if they are MARRIED. Don't take me out of Context, brother.

Yup. Once my kid turned 18, she could marry an old man like Anne Smith did. Until then, no way. I think they're just too yound to fully know what they're doing before that.

What if he was 25?

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I'll answer that with a question: "Are you saying people can't fall in love without fooling around?"
I'll be more specific. I'm not saying they had to be screwing each other, but they definitely would have been making "moon eyes" at each other. That should have been a sign of improper behavior.

Didn't mean to, but one leads to the other. It's like saying, "I robbed the bank," which is wrong, "but I got away with it," so now it's OK.

What if he was 25?
Yup. The only boys I'd let around my daughter, who is a minor, would be minor boys.

Missileman
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Only to a fag apologist.

In this case, they've nothing to apologize for. Anyone with a brain can see it.

darin
06-22-2007, 05:59 PM
I'll be more specific. I'm not saying they had to be screwing each other, but they definitely would have been making "moon eyes" at each other. That should have been a sign of improper behavior.

Then it's not a behaviour problem; it's an emotional problem. Up to that point not behaviour took place :)

Didn't mean to, but one leads to the other. It's like saying, "I robbed the bank," which is wrong, "but I got away with it," so now it's OK.

Did I get away with robbing a bank?

Yup. The only boys I'd let around my daughter, who is a minor, would be minor boys.

Glad you aren't my father in law ;)

JohnDoe
06-22-2007, 06:18 PM

What if he was 25?

My grandmother (from the Old Country) was 15 when she married my grandfather, who was 26.

They were happily married for 68 years, before my grandfather passed away.

This was common, back in the early 1900's. Women where my grandparents were from did not finish high school, unless they were wealthy, they were generally put in to a technical or vocational school at 12 years old. My grandmother became a seamstress. My grandfather had to present to my great grandparents the PROOF that he could support their daughter before marrying her. In those days it usually took a man until the age of 25 to establish himself with enough money to marry someone.

A woman was an old maid, a spinster if she had not been married by the age of 25. My how times have changed.

Having said that, 40 year old and a 16 year old makes me sick.

But this is not pedophilia from what I have read....there is another name for it, the attraction to teens, but it has slipped my mind at the moment.

Pedophilia involves a child before puberty or up to puberty, I believe.

Both are sicknesses, one is given a much greater penalty than the other in our criminal system, in general.

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 06:37 PM
OK, first, the age of consent is NC is 16. So, if these two are having sex (which they are, since they're married), he is, by definition, not a pedophile.

Second, just because they fell in love and got married doesn't mean they were screwing around before.

Now... I'm 30, and 16-year-old girls annoy me, so I don't know what the hell the 40-year-old guy sees that makes him want to marry this girl. But, (and this is an important but) he's not breaking the law.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Then it's not a behaviour problem; it's an emotional problem. Up to that point not behaviour took place :)
Emotions effect behavior.

Did I get away with robbing a bank?
If you did, can I get a loan? :D

Glad you aren't my father in law ;)
No worries... I don't even have a daughter.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
OK, first, the age of consent is NC is 16. So, if these two are having sex (which they are, since they're married), he is, by definition, not a pedophile.

Second, just because they fell in love and got married doesn't mean they were screwing around before.

Now... I'm 30, and 16-year-old girls annoy me, so I don't know what the hell the 40-year-old guy sees that makes him want to marry this girl. But, (and this is an important but) he's not breaking the law.

Lets quit beating around the bush here... HE SEES A YOUNG PIECE OF ASS!. That's what he sees. You can NOT convince me he was "after her mind." :rolleyes:

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Because he was older than I was? That's silly. Is a 20 year old having sex with a 14 year old 'not as bad' as a 30 year old having sex with a 14 year old? If ONE is bad, BOTH are bad.

It seems you define a pedophile NOT by the age of the victim, but by the age of the assailant. That's odd to me.

Yours is a sad story - and I suppose it frames your point of view; but it's not likely anything like what THIS story is about - an emancipated 16 year old marrying a guy who is 40. It's legal. There was no evidence found to indicate they had a relationship which was illegal, prior to the marriage. Once the marriage happens, it's done. I wish and pray for them SUCCESS and a wonderful and happy life.

Case by case basis, IMO. If my Daughter wanted to wed at 17.5 years, I'd ask her to wait until she was 18. If she refused, I'd sign-off on the papers - IF I thought the guy was legit, and her mind was right (as right as an 18 year old girl's mind CAN be, I suppose).

Where do you keep coming up with 14? I think anyone over 17-18 who is doing anything with a 14 year old has serious problems. The girl in question is 16 so its a little bit different.

JohnDoe
06-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Lets quit beating around the bush here... HE SEES A YOUNG PIECE OF ASS. That's what he sees. You can NOT convince me he was "after her mind." :rolleyes:
:laugh2:

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 06:49 PM

Ill be the first to admit it clouds my judgement. After that happened with my daughter and pedophile I hear about I wanna rip his fucking head off, NO exceptions. I would have gotten myself thrown in jail to get to the guy who did that to my daughter if I knew I would have been able to get close to him. I think anyone man or woman who is with someone under 17-18 is a pedophile especially if there is a 24 year age difference, thats just fucking sick. I dont see how any man could get it up by looking at or being with a little girl.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 06:55 PM

Age of consent means the parent can give consent, not a kid. A 16 year old is not able to be rational in a situation like this. She was deing with an experienced pedophile obviously, the guy is 40 he has had time to perfect his craft. Teenagers can easily be manipulated, that is why they are constantly the victims. They have emotions and feelings they have never felt before then they develop a crush which they mistake for love, we have all done it at that age. Then a creep like this swoops in and takes advantage of that situation.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
It is my understanding that during the OT times and in fact during Jesus's time on this earth that "girls" were allowed to marry as young as 12 years old, so long as they were menstruating.

Is this right? The Bible, nor Jesus ever said anything against this. :dunno:

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Age of consent means the parent can give consent, not a kid. A 16 year old is not able to be rational in a situation like this. She was deing with an experienced pedophile obviously, the guy is 40 he has had time to perfect his craft. Teenagers can easily be manipulated, that is why they are constantly the victims. They have emotions and feelings they have never felt before then they develop a crush which they mistake for love, we have all done it at that age. Then a creep like this swoops in and takes advantage of that situation.

I'm inclined to fully agree with this nm... :beer:

This som bitch was huntin' young pussy, and he got some and didn't get in trouble for it.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 07:09 PM
It is my understanding that during the OT times and in fact during Jesus's time on this earth that "girls" were allowed to marry as young as 12 years old, so long as they were menstruating.

Yea well things have changed since then. You know we now have fire and the wheel :laugh2:

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM

Sure, and they only lived to be 25.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm inclined to fully agree with this nm... :beer:

This som bitch was huntin' young pussy, and he got some and didn't get in trouble for it.

Yea, well why dont we just invite them to Reno for their honeymoon and we will educate him on what happens when you take advantage of a little girl.

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Yea, well why dont we just invite them to Reno for their honeymoon and we will educate him on what happens when you take advantage of a little girl.

There's a lot of empty desert around here... :laugh:

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Sure, and they only lived to be 25.

I thought Jesus was 33 when he died?

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Yea well things have changed since then. You know we now have fire and the wheel :laugh2:

Do you still believe in Jesus's teachings?

Missileman
06-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Age of consent means the parent can give consent, not a kid.

Age of consent is the minimum age at which a person is considered to be capable of legally giving informed consent to any contract or behaviour regulated by law with another person. It is not the same thing as parental consent for minors to get married or join the military.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:27 PM
Age of consent is the minimum age at which a person is considered to be capable of legally giving informed consent to any contract or behaviour regulated by law with another person. It is not the same thing as parental consent for minors to get married or join the military.

I think that is what he meant

Missileman
06-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I think that is what he meant

Age of consent has nothing to do with parents.

It means that in NC, where the age of consent is 16, a 16-year-old is legally allowed to engage in a relationship that's physical and/or emotional...the age of the other person, if over 16, is totally irrelevant legally. Pedophilia and statutory rape are defined by the legal status of the younger person, not the elder.

JohnDoe
06-22-2007, 07:50 PM

Is this right? The Bible, nor Jesus ever said anything against this. :dunno:This is correct. Women married as early as puberty. They could not work outside of managing the household chores, and did not go to schools.

Most females married men much older than them, who were more established. Especially during the period where men had many wives.

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Age of consent has nothing to do with parents.

It means that in NC, where the age of consent is 16, a 16-year-old is legally allowed to engage in a relationship that's physical and/or emotional...the age of the other person, if over 16, is totally irrelevant legally. Pedophilia and statutory rape are defined by the legal status of the younger person, not the elder.

Indeed.

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 08:20 PM

I'm not saying the girl is smart, or that the guy is a saint. But the guy is, by legal definition, NOT a pedophile, because NC law allows a 16-year-old to decide whether or not to engage in sexual activity.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm not saying the girl is smart, or that the guy is a saint. But the guy is, by legal definition, NOT a pedophile, because NC law allows a 16-year-old to decide whether or not to engage in sexual activity.

what about biblical definition?

06-22-2007, 08:27 PM

There is a biblical definition now?

You do realize that the idea that 18 year olds are adults is a relatively modern thing dont you?

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 08:28 PM

Biblically, I don't think there's an age of consent mentioned. As has been mentioned before, it was culturally appropriate for boys/girls to marry young. But, then again, Jewish boys become "men" at their bar mitzvah at age 13, so I would imagine that two 13-year-olds marrying would not have been considered odd, and certainly not illegal.

Abbey Marie
06-22-2007, 11:00 PM

Great explanation of why a relationship like this is so wrong! All the discussion of age of consent and whether they were or were not having sex, are just not that important compared to this overriding reason why it shouldn't be allowed. Naivete on the minor's part, and easy manipulation on the adult's part, are the very reasons why we have statutory rape laws.

As for women getting married "in the olden days", they didn't have opportunites to do much else, and it removed a burden off of her parents to get her married off early.

Abbey Marie
06-22-2007, 11:01 PM
Lets quit beating around the bush here... HE SEES A YOUNG PIECE OF ASS!. That's what he sees. You can NOT convince me he was "after her mind." :rolleyes:

Way to cut through the niceties, and get to the reality of the situation. :clap:

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Way to cut through the niceties, and get to the reality of the situation. :clap:

I bet before this is all over and done with that he will end up with charges filed on his ass. They probably already have some, they just don't want to tip their hand.

darin
06-22-2007, 11:37 PM

Okay guys - Tear into Jeff now because he agrees with the major point I'm making.

Look folks - I'm SORRY you want this guy to be a villain. I wish you could find something to charge him with. The simple fact remains, he's seemingly broken NO LAWS. You MAY feel your side of the argument is made stronger with your examples and speculation and rhetoric and emotional arguments - but it's fact the man has not been charged with a crime - EVEN AFTER investigation by TWO independent bodies.

She's of an age where she COULD get married - as is He. They got LEGALLY MARRIED. Now there's NO question - he can nail that young piece of tail all he wants because she's his LEGAL and MORAL wife.

It just is what it is.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Okay guys - Tear into Jeff now because he agrees with the major point I'm making.

Look folks - I'm SORRY you want this guy to be a villain. I wish you could find something to charge him with. The simple fact remains, he's seemingly broken NO LAWS. You MAY feel your side of the argument is made stronger with your examples and speculation and rhetoric and emotional arguments - but it's fact the man has not been charged with a crime - EVEN AFTER investigation by TWO independent bodies.

She's of an age where she COULD get married - as is He. They got LEGALLY MARRIED. Now there's NO question - he can nail that young piece of tail all he wants because she's his LEGAL and MORAL wife.

It just is what it is.

Just because they haven't filed charges yet doesn't mean they wont. The might just be building up a case and not wanting to tip their hat.

darin
06-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Just because they haven't filed charges yet doesn't mean they wont. The might just be building up a case and not wanting to tip their hat.

...but she's his wife now. She'll never testify against him. I really think if they had anything, they'd have used it.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:59 PM
...but she's his wife now. She'll never testify against him. I really think if they had anything, they'd have used it.

She wouldn't have to in certain senerios. That's not true, that's why there is a statute of limitations. That way they can build a case against them, if they go to early and loose they cant try him again. They could be building a case on him and keeping quiet about it so they can try to get more evidence or what not.

darin
06-23-2007, 12:01 AM
She wouldn't have to in certain senerios. That's not true, that's why there is a statute of limitations. That way they can build a case against them, if they go to early and loose they cant try him again. They could be building a case on him and keeping quiet about it so they can try to get more evidence or what not.

There's NO way man. You want this guy to be a criminal SOO BADLY it's clouding your reason.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:17 AM
There's NO way man. You want this guy to be a criminal SOO BADLY it's clouding your reason.

I don't want anyone to be a criminal. He just is one and one that is really good at manipulating people as well. I mean he has got you defending him and you don't know him.

Abbey Marie
06-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Just because the state chose 16 as the age of consent, and her parents suck as parents, does not make it OK on other (more important IMO) levels. This girl will wake up one day and ask herself, "What the hell was I thinking", and will ask her parents "Why did you let me throw away my youth" on a 40 year old pedophile-in-all-but-the most-technical-terms?

Love you anyway, D, and I would never rip into Jeff! {:big smooch:}

Pale Rider
06-23-2007, 12:37 AM
I thought Jesus was 33 when he died?

He was also the son of God. Kinda different.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Just because the state chose 16 as the age of consent, and her parents suck as parents, does not make it OK on other (more important IMO) levels. This girl will wake up one day and ask herself, "What the hell was I thinking", and will ask her parents "Why did you let me throw away my youth" on a 40 year old pedophile-in-all-but-the most-technical-terms?

Love you anyway, D, and I would never rip into Jeff! {:big smooch:}

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:44 AM
He was also the son of God. Kinda different.

In your opinion.

Pale Rider
06-23-2007, 12:50 AM

It just is what it is.

I just think it's sad this 40 year old man on the hunt for young tail got away with it... "legally."

But now let me ask you people, who have pointed out VEHEMENTLY that no laws were broken, "outside of the law issue, do you or do you not think it is MORALLY right for a 40 year old TEACHER to seduce a 16 year old STUDENT?"

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:56 AM
I just think it's sad this 40 year old man on the hunt for young tail got away with it... "legally."

But now let me ask you people, who have pointed out VEHEMENTLY that no laws were broken, "outside of the law issue, do you or do you not think it is MORALLY right for 40 year old TEACHER to seduce a 16 year old STUDENT?"

I think it shoud be punishable by death.

5stringJeff
06-23-2007, 09:58 AM
I would never rip into Jeff! {:big smooch:}

:rock: :D

5stringJeff
06-23-2007, 10:04 AM

But now let me ask you people, who have pointed out VEHEMENTLY that no laws were broken, "outside of the law issue, do you or do you not think it is MORALLY right for a 40 year old TEACHER to seduce a 16 year old STUDENT?"

Was it legally permissible for these two to do what they did? Absolutely.

Was it moral for the 40-year-old guy to go after a 16-year-old student? That really depends. If he courted her like one ought to court any other woman, acting in love, honesty, etc. etc., then yes, he acted morally. If he used deception, dishonesty, etc., then it would have been immoral - but that would be immoral acting regardless of the age of the woman involved.

Was it smart for these two to do what they did? You can certainly argue that it was not particularly smart on the girl's part, as Abbey has argued. You could argue that it wasn't smart for the guy, either, given the negative publicity (and death wishes from NM) that he's gotten. However, being dumb isn't illegal. We can disagree with his actions, but we can't arrest him or call for his death.

JohnDoe
06-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Was it legally permissible for these two to do what they did? Absolutely.

Was it moral for the 40-year-old guy to go after a 16-year-old student? That really depends. If he courted her like one ought to court any other woman, acting in love, honesty, etc. etc., then yes, he acted morally. If he used deception, dishonesty, etc., then it would have been immoral - but that would be immoral acting regardless of the age of the woman involved.

Was it smart for these two to do what they did? You can certainly argue that it was not particularly smart on the girl's part, as Abbey has argued. You could argue that it wasn't smart for the guy, either, given the negative publicity (and death wishes from NM) that he's gotten. However, being dumb isn't illegal. We can disagree with his actions, but we can't arrest him or call for his death.

NM wants to kill the people in New Hampshire for not paying their income taxes.

This guy would be a ''given'' on killing based on NM'S logic, for certain!

Pale Rider
06-23-2007, 06:56 PM

I'm appalled at that opinion. Really.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 07:33 PM

I never said I wanted to kill them. Learn to read moron, and what the hell does that have to do with this thread?

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 07:34 PM

Oh yea, and if your read a few posts up, I did say this guy should be killed. WHy dont you read posts before you make smart ass comments.

Abbey Marie
06-25-2007, 03:07 PM
In case anyone thought he might look like a young 40, and she a mature 16, here ya go. This looks like a typical father/daughter pic to me.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/abc_gma_coach_edit_070621_ms.jpg

glockmail
06-25-2007, 03:14 PM
In case anyone thought he might look like a young 40, and she a mature 16, here ya go. This looks like a typical father/daughter pic to me.

After I graduated HS (in Massachusetts) a girl from my class married one of the teachers. As I remember he was in his early 30's. We all thought that was really weird, but at least they waited until after graduation.

Hagbard Celine
06-25-2007, 04:16 PM
He looks a lot like Ernest P. Worrell. http://deadasadoornail.com/deadpeople/5c5757bc1fb4f165d8c2efb65c4jim-varney.jpg

Pale Rider
07-02-2007, 01:47 AM

Sick old fucker... hanging onto his little teenie bopper trophy sex toy wife. If that was my daughter, they'd never find that mother fucker. He'd just disappear.

Psychoblues
07-02-2007, 03:21 AM
I think you are very WRONG on both accounts, dmp. The smartest person I ever met had a third grade education, was a president of one of the most powerful trade unions on earth and the wisest person I ever met was not a veteran at all and was President of the United States Of America.

One serves the other, I suppose. Ideally, they'd do BOTH college and Service in the Military. A formal education will build in them 'knowledge'. Military service will grant them wisdom.

I think you are misleading your children. Consideration beats out education every time and wisdom is never illuminated or encouraged in a top down power structure such as the military regardless of it's nationality.