PDA

View Full Version : Benghazi coming back with a vengeance in September

grannyhawkins
09-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Benghazi coming back with a vengeance in September
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/benghazi-coming-back-vengeance-september

After several mercifully Benghazi-free months, the 2012 attack on the diplomatic compound in Libya is about to be thrust back into the spotlight around its September 11 anniversary.

The special House committee investigating Benghazi is finally expected to begin its work, in earnest, with its first hearing the week Congress returns from August recess. Meanwhile, two books promising explosive new allegations about the terror attack will hit shelves in September, and Fox News plans to air a new, one-hour documentary on the attack this week, featuring exclusive interviews with Americans who fought in the onslaught.

Add that to the usual fare that accompanies the anniversary of any major news event and you get a headache for the teams surrounding Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. For both, it’s a stubborn political problem that will likely never go away (http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/benghazi-will-never-go-away-20140502), no matter how many investigations clear the senior players of the worst allegations of wrongdoing. And it’s little doubt why: Polls suggest (http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/democrats-put-hillary-clinton-at-risk-by-dismissing-benghazi-criticism-20140305) that Clinton is vulnerable on Benghazi ahead of a potential 2016 presidential run, with members of both parties listing it as her biggest weakness.

jimnyc
09-01-2014, 06:46 PM
I just hope it's well remembered in 2016 as well, especially if Hillary runs.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Benghazi coming back with a vengeance in September
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/benghazi-coming-back-vengeance-september

After several mercifully Benghazi-free months, the 2012 attack on the diplomatic compound in Libya is about to be thrust back into the spotlight around its September 11 anniversary.

The special House committee investigating Benghazi is finally expected to begin its work, in earnest, with its first hearing the week Congress returns from August recess. Meanwhile, two books promising explosive new allegations about the terror attack will hit shelves in September, and Fox News plans to air a new, one-hour documentary on the attack this week, featuring exclusive interviews with Americans who fought in the onslaught.

Add that to the usual fare that accompanies the anniversary of any major news event and you get a headache for the teams surrounding Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. For both, it’s a stubborn political problem that will likely never go away (http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/benghazi-will-never-go-away-20140502), no matter how many investigations clear the senior players of the worst allegations of wrongdoing. And it’s little doubt why: Polls suggest (http://www.nationaljournal.com/white-house/democrats-put-hillary-clinton-at-risk-by-dismissing-benghazi-criticism-20140305) that Clinton is vulnerable on Benghazi ahead of a potential 2016 presidential run, with members of both parties listing it as her biggest weakness.

If it gets played out now it may only affect this election in 2014 and be a dead issue in 2016. That is one theory why the dems/media are not fighting it being ripped out now.
They would rather the fury be spent on this election that the big prize they want again in 2016.
Myself, I think if it is played right it can be a major factor now and once again in 2016..
Yet the public, the voters are quite often fickle and very short minded. We saw that in the bamboy's re-election bid. -Tyr

grannyhawkins
09-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I just hope it's well remembered in 2016 as well, especially if Hillary runs.

I think it's gonna be Hillary's Monica moment in history. No matter what she does from here on out, Benghazi will haunt her.

Gunny
09-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I think it's gonna be Hillary's Monica moment in history. No matter what she does from here on out, Benghazi will haunt her.

It'll be her moment in history alright if the GOP and the right doesn't come together. She'll be President.

Baba Booey
09-02-2014, 07:40 PM
"Benghazi" is this term's failed non-issue strategy for the GOP much like the birther movement was a few years ago.

It's a pathetic reflection of how low the GOP has sunk in that, of all the social, political, global issues that can be ran on they're focusing on Benghazi as a key issue.

I left the GOP a few years ago for a reason, this is one of them. They do not represent the interests of the common conservative.

Gunny
09-02-2014, 07:47 PM
"Benghazi" is this term's failed non-issue strategy for the GOP much like the birther movement was a few years ago.

It's a pathetic reflection of how low the GOP has sunk in that, of all the social, political, global issues that can be ran on they're focusing on Benghazi as a key issue.

I left the GOP a few years ago for a reason, this is one of them. They do not represent the interests of the common conservative.

:clap: I completely agree.

BUT, look at the alternative. Not voting against the Dems, who are in lock-step, has brought us what? Where the rubber meets the road, conservatives need to get off their idealism and become a bit more pragmatic. A non-vote from you is as good as a vote for them.

grannyhawkins
09-02-2014, 08:18 PM

BUT, look at the alternative. Not voting against the Dems, who are in lock-step, has brought us what? Where the rubber meets the road, conservatives need to get off their idealism and become a bit more pragmatic. A non-vote from you is as good as a vote for them.

I've been blamed for gettin billy boy elected, because I thought Ross Perot was good man. I still think this country would be inna better place if he had been elected. The thousand points of light still purse me off, but I actually liked W an I'd take Biden over the usurpin moozlum!!!

What bothers me is, it doesn't really seem to matter who get's elected, everything seems to be goin accordin to the plan, with the black man eagerly willin ta take the fall. It used to be every 20 years the government would find a way to take our assets (end of glass steagall an the savings an loan, dot com), now it seems to be every decade (subprime, derivatives an bailouts).

I'll take a big helpin of integrity with my politics, the next go round!!!

Gunny
09-02-2014, 08:22 PM
I've been blamed for gettin billy boy elected, because I thought Ross Perot was good man. I still think this country would be inna better place if he had been elected. The thousand points of light still purse me off, but I actually liked W an I'd take Biden over the usurpin moozlum!!!

What bothers me is, it doesn't really seem to matter who get's elected, everything seems to be goin accordin to the plan, with the black man eagerly willin ta take the fall. It used to be every 20 years the government would find a way to take our assets (end of glass steagall an the savings an loan, dot com), now it seems to be every decade (subprime, derivatives an bailouts).

I'll take a big helpin of integrity with my politics, the next go round!!!

I'm going to hold my nose and vote against the Dems. I go with which one least offends me. That doesn't mean I have to give up my beliefs. I just look at who is going to step on them the most.

And I agree, it's all according to plan. Two parties maintaining the status quo between elections. Become a LOT more polarized in the last 24 years though.

And yeah, Perot split the Republican vote and got Clinton elected. ;)

Baba Booey
09-02-2014, 08:32 PM

I've been voting third party - Libertarian since that's the primary third party in PA. I'm an OH resident now so I'm not sure what they do here, locally that is.

And yeah, I get blamed for the O'bama's election/re-election but as far as I'm concerned they're all basically the same product, corporatist, statist, establishment candidates who are going to perform for special interests and their own by expanding and using government. There are subtle differences between the two major parties in this respect, none of them are key enough for me to want to distinct one from the other.

Our political process is wholly broken.

Gunny
09-02-2014, 08:47 PM
I've been voting third party - Libertarian since that's the primary third party in PA. I'm an OH resident now so I'm not sure what they do here, locally that is.

And yeah, I get blamed for the O'bama's election/re-election but as far as I'm concerned they're all basically the same product, corporatist, statist, establishment candidates who are going to perform for special interests and their own by expanding and using government. There are subtle differences between the two major parties in this respect, none of them are key enough for me to want to distinct one from the other.

Our political process is wholly broken.

I'm an independent. My first post is how it is. I hate them all. Some less than others.

Third parties in this country are a waste of time. It would take an overwhelming majority for that to happen. And even if you get a third party president into office, they'll have the backing of neither party in Congress.

The hard fact is that if you want to see some bipartisanship, let a third party be a threat. Both eh GOP and Dems will attack them like sharks. Just not going to happen the way things are.