PDA

View Full Version : The Minimum Wage Smokescreen

Gunny
09-02-2014, 11:34 AM
I've lived in just about every region in the US at one time or another. We don't have a uniform economy. That kind of says it ALL, right there. Even the military has Variable Housing Allowance. The key word being "variable". For the non-military types, it's an amount of money that varied from place to place depending on the cost of living in each, that supplements your Basic Allowance for Quarters.

So my question in not so much about minimum wage, but why the Dems are calling for a uniform minimum wage that would make you rich if you lived in South Dakota. My two best guesses:

1. Dems are too stupid to understand that the economy in the US varies by region, and even by city; or,

2. It's a smokescreen to keep the sheeple from watching all the other crap the White House is screwing up.

Baba Booey
09-02-2014, 01:25 PM
"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

Author unclear

Trigg
09-02-2014, 02:33 PM
I've lived in just about every region in the US at one time or another. We don't have a uniform economy. That kind of says it ALL, right there. Even the military has Variable Housing Allowance. The key word being "variable". For the non-military types, it's an amount of money that varied from place to place depending on the cost of living in each, that supplements your Basic Allowance for Quarters.

So my question in not so much about minimum wage, but why the Dems are calling for a uniform minimum wage that would make you rich if you lived in South Dakota. My two best guesses:

1. Dems are too stupid to understand that the economy in the US varies by region, and even by city; or,

2. It's a smokescreen to keep the sheeple from watching all the other crap the White House is screwing up.

They want the republicans to be the bad guy and the "party of no" going into the elections. This is simply a diversion that keeps the uninformed voting for the same old idiots year after year.

NightTrain
09-02-2014, 02:45 PM
I'll hazard a guess and say it's Choice #1.

When you've got Democrats that run around saying these kind of things on simple subjects and then realize they're in charge of passing complex economic policies & laws, you can't help but to feel a little nervous :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6329&stc=1

Pelosi quickly deleted the tweet, but not before it was screenshotted for posterity. One smartass responded to Pelosi with "Pass a geography book so you can find out what's in it @NancyPelosi" :laugh:

Joe Biden recently announced that Africa is a nation, as well :
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2U7S3Aq51II" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Obama and Moochelle recently released a statement thanking Muslim Americans for their many "achievements and contributions to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy."

All well and good, I suppose, except we are a Republic. And none of the Founding Fathers were muslim, despite Obama's declarations otherwise.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/07/28/Obama-Celebrates-Muslim-Contributions-to-the-USA

Dirty Harry recently chimed in with these Words of Wisdom :
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7YAkuhA8tRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last time I heard, there were quite a few Liberal Billionaires, contrary to Dirty Harry's claim that all the big money is owned by those bad ol' conservatives :

Bill Gates - 72 Billion
Warren Buffet - 59 Billion
Larry Ellison - 49 Billion
Micheal Bloomberg - 31 Billion
Sheldon Adelson - 29 Billion
Jeff Bezos - 27 Billion
Larry Page - 25 Billion
George Soros - 20 Billion
Mark Zuckerberg - 19 Billion
Steve Ballmer - 18 Billion
Paul Allen - 16 Billion
Stewart & Lynda Resnick - 3.5 Billion
David Bonderman - 3.2 Billion
Pat Stryker - 2 Billion
Linda Pritzker - 1.8 Billion
Tom Steyer - 1.6 Billion

No list of stupid Democrats would be complete without Hank Johnson, who believes that islands like Guam are actually boats that can capsize with the addition of U.S. Marines on one side of the island... kudos to the Admiral that kept a straight face :
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zNZczIgVXjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Men often DO need maternity care." - Kathleen Sebelius
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/30/Sebelius-men-often-do-need-maternity-careew%20Article

Who could forget Maxine Waters' command of the facts when talking about the sequestration? 170 million jobs were on the line!<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eEVr9sTwTwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess I could go on and on... there are a lot of examples that are terrifyingly fascinating when you consider these people are shaping the direction, policies and laws of our country. And these idiots keep getting re-elected.