PDA

View Full Version : Woman impaled while texting and driving

Shadow
09-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Well...if that doesn't show people texting and driving is a bad idea. Don't know what will.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************
Woman impaled while texting and driving

Christina Jahnz says she was lucky. Most people think they can multitask safely, even when texting and driving. After all, they've had years of practice with eating and driving, drinking and driving, and even shaking a fist at passing cyclists and driving.
One Colorado woman, however, says that just a moment of looking away to her phone while driving caused her serious injury.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-impaled-while-texting-driving-172440872.html

Jeff
09-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I read a article yesterday where a cop was texting and drifted off into the bicykle lanes and hit and killed a guy, they let him off because he said it was official police business.

I spent my life driving and yes I text while driving and it is stupid, there is no way you can have full control if you are trying to read what you are typing.

Jeff
09-02-2014, 10:38 PM
No he wont be charged because he was sending a official text :rolleyes: cops need to be held accountable just like the rest of us.

A California sheriff’s deputy won’t be charged (http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20140827/no-charges-for-lasd-deputy-who-fatally-struck-cyclist-while-typing-on-computer) in the death of a bicyclist he struck while he was distracted by a mobile digital computer in his patrol car.
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Andrew Wood fatally injured entertainment attorney Milton Olin Jr. as he rode Dec. 8 along Mulholland Highway.
The deputy entered the bicycle lane while typing into the mobile computer in his vehicle and hit Olin, a former executive with A&M Records and Napster, who died at the scene.
Wood, a 16-year veteran, was on his way back from a fire call at Calabasas High School, and he was responding to another deputy who asked whether the investigation was complete.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/28/california-deputy-who-killed-bicyclist-while-texting-and-driving-on-duty-wont-be-charged/

Gunny
09-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I read a article yesterday where a cop was texting and drifted off into the bicykle lanes and hit and killed a guy, they let him off because he said it was official police business.

I spent my life driving and yes I text while driving and it is stupid, there is no way you can have full control if you are trying to read what you are typing.

I could text and drive with my flip top because I knew the keypad. I didn't have to look and didn't care if something might be wrong.

I won't even try it with a smart phone. I liked my flip top but my daughter dragged me kicking and screaming into a smart phone. :laugh:

Jeff
09-03-2014, 12:07 AM
I could text and drive with my flip top because I knew the keypad. I didn't have to look and didn't care if something might be wrong.

I won't even try it with a smart phone. I liked my flip top but my daughter dragged me kicking and screaming into a smart phone. :laugh:

Smart phones aren't that dam smart sure enough, they do have some good features but hell all I need is a way to make a call, all that other stuff I do on the computer:laugh:

Gunny
09-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Smart phones aren't that dam smart sure enough, they do have some good features but hell all I need is a way to make a call, all that other stuff I do on the computer:laugh:

No shit. I call and text. Now I just have a more complicated way to do it. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Damn, texting and end up with a pole through your ass? I wonder if they found the text on her device? Cause I know if I end up in the hospital with metal through my butt, I ain't admitting to it!!

Gunny
09-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Damn, texting and end up with a pole through your ass? I wonder if they found the text on her device? Cause I know if I end up in the hospital with metal through my butt, I ain't admitting to it!!

I ain't even going to the hospital.:laugh:

CSM
09-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Hmmm some smart phones do have voice options ya know. Use mine that way all the time. And yes, I can actually drive and talk at the same time.

Gunny
09-03-2014, 07:01 AM
Hmmm some smart phones do have voice options ya know. Use mine that way all the time. And yes, I can actually drive and talk at the same time.

So okay, the phone is smarter than me. There's a reason you're a CSM and I'm a Gunny.

CSM
09-03-2014, 07:04 AM
So okay, the phone is smarter than me. There's a reason you're a CSM and I'm a Gunny.

What? You can't drive and talk at the same time? My phone is smarter than me too; that's why I had my grandkids set it up for me. I don't gotta be smart. I just gotta know smart people.

Baba Booey
09-03-2014, 07:12 AM
I wanted to read more about this story so I googled "woman impaled' and... um

Gunny
09-03-2014, 07:15 AM
What? You can't drive and talk at the same time? My phone is smarter than me too; that's why I had my grandkids set it up for me. I don't gotta be smart. I just gotta know smart people.

Yeah, my daughter set mine up. And of course I can drive and talk at the same time. I use a bluetooth. No way am I messing with my phone in this traffic nightmare I live in.

Jeff
09-03-2014, 07:38 AM

The voice options never work for me, my voice is deep and they just never pick up right, the wife can grab my phone and it will work fine, but me not a chance LOL

Gunny
09-03-2014, 07:44 AM
The voice options never work for me, my voice is deep and they just never pick up right, the wife can grab my phone and it will work fine, but me not a chance LOL

Have the same problem with my bluetooth. I have a low, gravelly voice. Now I CAN do the R Lee Ermy voice, but I don't need to talk to anyone THAT bad.:laugh: