PDA

View Full Version : Missing libyan jetliners raise fears of suicide airliner attacks on 9/11

Jeff
09-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Not sure who it was but I remember when this story broke and someone predicted this very thing and some of the liberals on here said it was crazy, maybe not so crazy.

Islamist militias in Libya took control of nearly a dozen commercial jetliners last month, and western intelligence agencies recently issued a warning that the jets could be used in terrorist attacks across North Africa.
Intelligence reports of the stolen jetliners were distributed within the U.S. government over the past two weeks and included a warning that one or more of the aircraft could be used in an attack later this month on the date marking the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against New York and Washington, said U.S. officials familiar with the reports.
“There are a number of commercial airliners in Libya that are missing,” said one official. “We found out on September 11 what can happen with hijacked planes.”

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=4301673%3ATopic%3A3078883&xgs=1&xg_source=msg_share_topic

jimnyc
09-03-2014, 06:23 AM
I read this on another site last evening. How in the F do you "lose" an airliner? Don't they have all kinds of tracking systems on them, from the engines to the black box and other crap?

Daniyel
09-03-2014, 06:37 AM
I'll just carefully place it here..
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-lifts-ban-on-libyans-attending-u-s-flight-schools-training-in-nuke-science/

jimnyc
09-03-2014, 06:44 AM
DHS said the prohibition is irrelevant now since the United States and Libya have worked to “normalize their relationship,” according to the directive approved by the OMB.

“The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is amending its regulations by rescinding the regulatory provisions promulgated in 1983 that terminated the nonimmigrant status and barred the granting of certain immigration benefits to Libyan nationals and foreign nationals acting on behalf of Libyan entities who are engaging in or seeking to obtain studies or training in,” the amendment states.

“The United States Government and the Government of Libya have normalized their relationship and most of the restrictions and sanctions imposed by the United States and the United Nations toward Libya have been lifted,” it says. “Therefore, DHS, after consultation with the Department of State and the Department of Defense, is considering rescinding the restrictions that deny nonimmigrant status and benefits to a specific group of Libyan nationals.”

If this is in regards to attending flight schools, this should be stopped, IMO. After 9/11 and the training, I don't think ANY training should be given to someone here unless there is 3000% confidence that this person is a citizen or someone working to get into the industry or such. Just letting anyone from Libya to grab training would be insane.

namvet
09-03-2014, 08:19 AM
I read this on another site last evening. How in the F do you "lose" an airliner? Don't they have all kinds of tracking systems on them, from the engines to the black box and other crap?

turn off the transponder. done

red state
09-03-2014, 09:53 AM
With the Malaysian Jet to all of these.....we can see how easily a jet (jumbo or otherwise) can disappear. I fear that we can/may/will see how easily another 9/11 can successfully be pulled off with the IDIOT in chief (or chief idiot....however you wanna term B.O.). As B.O. allowed ISIS to cross a WIDE and open border (after arming them and supporting them just before they crossed into another sovereign nation that we had recently vacated), I see him being indicicive and with no game plan for if/WHEN they fuel up one of these missing big boys and head out toward the USA over a (wide and open ocean. Be it ocean waters or wide and open sand, this president has proven to be wide and open to the enemies of these UNITED STATES.

NightTrain
09-03-2014, 10:03 AM
turn off the transponder. done

That's what I thought, too, before that Malaysian airliner disappeared. General Electric has their own system where the engines phone home to Mama automatically via satellite with pertinent info about how the engine is performing, hours run, etc... that's how they triangulated that the missing jet was actually down off the West Coast of Australia somewhere when it hit the water without the help of the transponder.

Unfortunately, now the terrorists know of these other systems just like the rest of us, too. They'll be sure to know how to turn off all the communications before launching the hijacking.

I thought it was very stupid to release the info about the other systems' ability to communicate as they were searching for the jet. We don't need to know which components were pinging home and how, all they had to say is they knew it was in this area without going in to detail.

NightTrain
09-03-2014, 10:16 AM
As far as those airliners missing in Africa... I really doubt that any airliner could travel all the way across the Atlantic with no transponder without being noticed. They'd have to fly low to avoid radar, and a low-flying airliner in the middle of the ocean would be reported as one in distress. An airliner flying to the US without a transponder broadcasting and no flight plan will be intercepted in short order.

The Air Force and Navy is well aware that the threat is there, so they'll be looking for them.

I suppose they could possibly hit a European city with one because it's a lot closer and they'd have less warning, but again their respective military forces are surely looking for such an event.

Drummond
09-03-2014, 05:54 PM
[EDIT: Just read NightTrain's post fully, but only AFTER first posting this ... SORRY ...]

Seems to me that American airspace would be amply covered by radar tracking ? Cross-reference a plane emitting no identifying signals with one being tracked via radar, and it shouldn't be much of a stretch to identify it as a security risk ?

Of course, I'm aware that planes can fly below radar .. even so, for most American locations, I'd have thought other observations would still work out OK .. just because of the size of the country. Reaction time would be enough to be useful ?

The only possible exceptions I can think of are coastal cities, such as New York. Even so, oceans aren't empty, and besides, satellites can make their own observations. If satellites exist that can read print on a newspaper from space, why not be up to the task of spotting an entire aircraft, one approaching from an unexpected location ?

aboutime
09-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I suspect the ISIS terrorists are probably far more advanced than anyone really wants to admit.

Much like OBL was a master, and highly educated about how the WEST, and American think, and react to the actions of terrorists.

We are all assuming (I hate to use that word) the terrorists plan attacks on the USA.

I wonder how many of us recognize how the Japanese used their terrorist tactics during WWII with planes.

Further. How many are familiar with LNG ships around the world, sailing in every ocean, and going through the Suez, and Panama canal's daily?

One LNG ship has the potential, when attacked, to take out an entire city...or close....One Canal that could disrupt world commerce.

If a tired, Old, Useless, Veteran that most people would rather Ignore can think of such things here.

Imagine what DESPERATE Terrorists who hate everything about US...members of the GREAT SATAN can do???

Gaffer
09-03-2014, 07:00 PM
Jetliners fly at high altitudes because they burn less fuel that way. Flying a low altitude for long distances is not feasible. And a aircraft with no transponder will be met by interceptors before they got near anything. But the Suez Canal and various ports in the med could be in serious danger, as AT said. UAE and Egypt didn't make air strikes in Libya for nothing.