PDA

View Full Version : WWII vet, 86, beaten outside Ohio hospital

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2014, 10:40 PM
https://news.yahoo.com/wwii-vet-86-beaten-outside-ohio-hospital-143907633.html

WWII vet, 86, beaten outside Ohio hospital
Associated Press
8 hours ago

CINCINNATI (AP) — An 86-year-old World War II veteran was recovering Tuesday after being beaten outside a southwest Ohio hospital where he was visiting his ailing wife, authorities said.

Police arrested 30-year-old Craig Phelps on charges of robbery and other counts including that he had a needle for heroin use. Phelps was being held Tuesday in Hamilton County Jail on $25,000 bond.

Police said Phelps tried to steal Paul Browning's wallet outside Good Samaritan Hospital on Sunday. Browning was there visiting his wife of 65 years. Family members say the two met in Italy during World War II.

Phelps is accused of "slamming the victim against a wall, causing severe physical harm to his face," a police affidavit stated. Family members say Browning was left bruised and swollen and required stitches in his mouth, and was expected to be hospitalized a few days.

Browning's son, Marvin Browning, said he got jumped just after leaving the hospital to go to his car.

"He (Paul Browning) said, 'I thought, I need to get away from there in case he came back,'" Marvin Browning said. He said his father drove home, and his family brought him back to the hospital for treatment.

His family members say he's tough and will recover. However, doctors are also checking out a potential heart issue.

"He's like dad always is, he'll be OK," his son said. "That's just what he says, 'Everything's OK.' "

Phelps is due in court Sept. 10. A message left Tuesday for an attorney assigned to Phelps was not immediately returned.

^^^^^ Just give me that ffing, cowardly bastard for 20 minutes, Id beat his sorry ass to within an inch of his worthless life. Only stopping to avoid a murder charge.- :mad: --Tyr

Jeff
09-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Put a bullet in the piece of trashes head and call it over.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Put a bullet in the piece of trashes head and call it over.

Yes, but only if able to do so without facing a murder charge.
I once took two years tracking down two guys that robbed and beat an old man that lived in a river boathouse in my hometown(1976). That old man knew my dad and used to let me as a wild young teenager come down there ,sit on his river houseboat and drink cold beer in the hot summers.
I found out who did it-- that took time, then I got each guy separately one coming out of a bar and the other a nightclub , beat that sorry ass half to death, left 'em each laying, busted up just the way an ass stomping was meant to be delivered. Many of we Southern boys were taught that by our dads and grandfathers. I damn sure was... Nobody ever messed with Rome again after that. He died about 9 years later in his late 80's.. --Tyr

Jeff
09-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes, but only if able to do so without facing a murder charge.
I once took two years tracking down two guys that robbed and beat an old man that lived in a river boathouse in my hometown(1976). That old man knew my dad and used to let me as a wild young teenager come down there ,sit on his river houseboat and drink cold beer in the hot summers.
I found out who did it-- that took time, then I got each guy separately one coming out of a bar and the other a nightclub , beat that sorry ass half to death, left 'em each laying, busted up just the way an ass stomping was meant to be delivered. Many of we Southern boys were taught that by our dads and grandfathers. I damn sure was... Nobody ever messed with Rome again after that. He died about 9 years later in his late 80's.. --Tyr

It is always nice to be able to help older folks out.

Redrose
09-02-2014, 11:17 PM
^^^^^ Just give me that ffing, cowardly bastard for 20 minutes, Id beat his sorry ass to within an inch of his worthless life. Only stopping to avoid a murder charge.- :mad: --Tyr

We were just in Cincinnati on Friday and Saturday. We went there and to Dayton to visit family.

We went in a restaurant for lunch and someone tried to steal our car, fortunately my husband saw him and chased him. He got away. He scratched our brand new car. He's lucky my hubby didn't catch him.