View Full Version : Coca Cola Racist?

Gunny
09-03-2014, 11:07 AM
I mentioned to an acquaintance of mine that I wondered what was up with people's names on the Coke bottles and should I be offended I can never find mine. She's Mexican, and pointed out that there were no black nor Hispanic names either. No "laqueesha's", no "Isabella's".

I'm seeing lawsuit here over a stupid marketing ploy. :laugh:

NightTrain
09-03-2014, 11:30 AM
I think the market will be remarkably low for LaQueesha. I received a Rick from my kids last weekend.

I'm sure they're targeting popular names and the oddball ones won't make the cut... if you're pissed off, you can always change your name to John! Or Becky. I'm not here to judge. well maybe I am a little bit.

Gunny
09-03-2014, 11:48 AM
I think the market will be remarkably low for LaQueesha. I received a Rick from my kids last weekend.

I'm sure they're targeting popular names and the oddball ones won't make the cut... if you're pissed off, you can always change your name to John! Or Becky. I'm not here to judge. well maybe I am a little bit.

I'm not sure I like your tone of voice.:slap:

Baba Booey
09-03-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm so glad I drink cheap soda, fuck this corporate PC bullshit.

I'm thirsty, I just want something to drink.

Gaffer
09-03-2014, 05:49 PM
I get Pepsi Throw Back, with real sugar.

Baba Booey
09-03-2014, 05:57 PM
I get Pepsi Throw Back, with real sugar.

The "real sugar" sodas are just starting to hit the US, they've been that way in Mexico and other places for a long while now.

I'm a diet soda guy, but only because I like the taste of diet soda better. Yeah, I'm odd like that but super sweet syrupy drinks are gross.

Gunny
09-03-2014, 06:07 PM
The "real sugar" sodas are just starting to hit the US, they've been that way in Mexico and other places for a long while now.

I'm a diet soda guy, but only because I like the taste of diet soda better. Yeah, I'm odd like that but super sweet syrupy drinks are gross.

"Just"?

Guess there ARE advantages to living 135 miles north of the border. They've been HERE 15 years. :)

The US companies re-making them is a different story. That's been only a few years.

aboutime
09-03-2014, 06:16 PM
How many of you Pepsi, and Coke drinkers have any idea what those two concoctions do to your body?

How bout this? Try removing Rust from metal with just a dab of Pepsi, or Coke. Suger, or no Suger...doesn't really matter.

My doctor has forbidden me from using either of those Cola products since, when combined with many of my meds I use to stay alive. They tend to create a stronger acid that can destroy the stomach lining, and damage other organs as well.

And I thought Alcohol was the most dangerous?

Take a look at this:
http://youtu.be/oeA3IAVULZc

Gunny
09-03-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm still going to go with alcohol as the most dangerous. I can remember what I do for the next week after one shot of Pepsi or Coke. :)

Baba Booey
09-03-2014, 06:38 PM
"Just"?

Guess there ARE advantages to living 135 miles north of the border. They've been HERE 15 years. :)

The US companies re-making them is a different story. That's been only a few years.

I didn't know that, I don't drink standard soda.

Baba Booey
09-03-2014, 06:40 PM
How many of you Pepsi, and Coke drinkers have any idea what those two concoctions do to your body?

How bout this? Try removing Rust from metal with just a dab of Pepsi, or Coke. Suger, or no Suger...doesn't really matter.

My doctor has forbidden me from using either of those Cola products since, when combined with many of my meds I use to stay alive. They tend to create a stronger acid that can destroy the stomach lining, and damage other organs as well.

And I thought Alcohol was the most dangerous?

Take a look at this:
http://youtu.be/oeA3IAVULZc

I dunno, if that egg were sitting in there a whole year that soda would be a lot more funky methinks.

There's a lot of bogus stuff on youtube, this was one you might have seen. Debunked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL_48wUQeXQ

Jeff
09-03-2014, 06:58 PM
I dunno, if that egg were sitting in there a whole year that soda would be a lot more funky methinks.

There's a lot of bogus stuff on youtube, this was one you might have seen. Debunked.

Think about pouring coke on a battery which needs to be cleaned, the coke does a good job at cleaning terminals.

aboutime
09-03-2014, 06:59 PM

I have no doubt most of them can be debunked. But I am certain, from personal experience. Pepsi works wonders on removing rust from old fenders, and it even works to remove the buildup on Battery terminals, followed by a gentle spray of WD-40.

SassyLady
09-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Hey, speaking of cokes .. I went to store Safeway today and could not find any six packs of any sodas!!! Everything is an 8 pack now and the cans are smaller. What's the deal anyway? :slap:

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 04:25 AM
Hey, speaking of cokes .. I went to store Safeway today and could not find any six packs of any sodas!!! Everything is an 8 pack now and the cans are smaller. What's the deal anyway? :slap:

Pony bottles - lol!

I'm dating myself.

Jeff
09-07-2014, 06:42 AM

Pony bottles - lol!

I'm dating myself.

Sassy they are making everyone healthy :laugh:

Baba Booey I remembered and then read the dating part, you #@$%#@$# :laugh:

aboutime
09-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Sassy they are making everyone healthy :laugh:

Baba Booey I remembered and then read the dating part, you #@$%#@$# :laugh:

Sassy. Shouldn't be a surprise the cans are smaller. If you bother to check. EVEN the toilet paper rolls are getting BIGGER, and the number of sheets per roll is less.
When companies want to save money. Guess who pays for it????

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 05:31 PM
Sassy. Shouldn't be a surprise the cans are smaller. If you bother to check. EVEN the toilet paper rolls are getting BIGGER, and the number of sheets per roll is less.
When companies want to save money. Guess who pays for it????

It goes beyond cans, toilet paper and mayonnaise jar dimples - our standard of living has been decreasing in this way for generations.

aboutime
09-07-2014, 06:05 PM
It goes beyond cans, toilet paper and mayonnaise jar dimples - our standard of living has been decreasing in this way for generations.

No disagreement here. So, what would you suggest we do about such things? Keep in mind, the population of the Earth has increased, nearly twofold since the end of World War II.

We can talk about it until we turn blue, and nothing changes. Any suggestions on how to solve our decreasing standard of living?

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 06:26 PM
No disagreement here. So, what would you suggest we do about such things? Keep in mind, the population of the Earth has increased, nearly twofold since the end of World War II.

We can talk about it until we turn blue, and nothing changes. Any suggestions on how to solve our decreasing standard of living?

Before we start talking about suggested fixes, maybe we should understand the issue a little first.

Are you suggesting that the sole or primary reason our standard of living is decreasing simply because our population is increasing?

aboutime
09-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Before we start talking about suggested fixes, maybe we should understand the issue a little first.

Are you suggesting that the sole or primary reason our standard of living is decreasing simply because our population is increasing?

I didn't suggest anything. Just asked a question. But if I had suggested that. Wouldn't it be a major factor?

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 07:09 PM
I didn't suggest anything. Just asked a question. But if I had suggested that. Wouldn't it be a major factor?

You asked me for a suggestion, no?

So, what would you suggest we do about such things? ... Any suggestions on how to solve our decreasing standard of living?

Why would it be a major factor? Not saying I disagree, I'm just wondering why you're choosing population increase as the contributing factor.

aboutime
09-07-2014, 07:29 PM
You asked me for a suggestion, no?

Why would it be a major factor? Not saying I disagree, I'm just wondering why you're choosing population increase as the contributing factor.

If you do not have Human participation...that would mean no population as a factor. Take away humans and there's no reason to have this conversation. Right?:laugh:

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 07:36 PM
If you do not have Human participation...that would mean no population as a factor. Take away humans and there's no reason to have this conversation. Right?:laugh:

I have no idea what that means.

aboutime
09-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I have no idea what that means.

At least you got that right.

SassyLady
09-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Well, I don't drink sodas (picking up some for the people helping me get house ready to sell) ... so I was shocked! Walked up and down the isle looking for the "right" size. Ended up buying in bottles ... at least they looked familiar.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 06:25 AM
Well, I don't drink sodas (picking up some for the people helping me get house ready to sell) ... so I was shocked! Walked up and down the isle looking for the "right" size. Ended up buying in bottles ... at least they looked familiar.

I'm not sure what the deal with little cans is. You get 8 instead of 6 larger ones. How that equates as far as quantity vs price, I have no idea. The smaller cans are 7.5 ounces, but I don't recall what they cost. All I know is they're a pain in the butt if you drink soda.