PDA

View Full Version : Fyi

Gunny
09-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Just so you know ... I'm nursing a hip injury. Sucks to get old. Y'all KNOW I can't post all day and into the wee hours of the morning when I'm working.

Not looking for any sympathy. Just providing an explanation.

NightTrain
09-03-2014, 01:06 PM
Yup.

I'm recovering (pretty much done) from multiple surgeries this year, or I'd be off the grid until the snow flies. The ol' body needed a bit of maintenance, something I've been remiss in.

Sucks to realize you're not 10' tall and bulletproof anymore! These days I'm just thankful to be above ground.

Abbey Marie
09-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Just so you know ... I'm nursing a hip injury. Sucks to get old. Y'all KNOW I can't post all day and into the wee hours of the morning when I'm working.

Not looking for any sympathy. Just providing an explanation.

What did you do?

I'm in PT right now for a torn Labrum of my left hip. Old hockey injury, lol.

aboutime
09-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Would any of you younger folks like to swap, or trade bodies with me?

I feel, and understand your pain. But, I'd happily trade what I am up against with any of you.

Just remember this line, please, whether you have any faith or not.

"There, but for the grace of God...Go I."

As we all have learned. "The GRASS is always greener on the other side of the fence", and I'm not talking about the Joint kind of grass.:laugh:

Gunny
09-04-2014, 03:15 PM
What did you do?

I'm in PT right now for a torn Labrum of my left hip. Old hockey injury, lol.

Let's see ... it started when I was about 7 ....:laugh:

Just years and years of running, lifting, basketball, and martial arts. Started bothering me last summer when I actually began putting an effort into not drinking. I started lifting again and that aggravated my right hip. Going back to work and climbing up and down ladders hasn't helped. Then the last week I worked I spent whole days standing on a ladder to work. THAT did it.

It's just a culmination of a lifetime having fun. I'd do it again in a minute. :)