PDA

View Full Version : Washington Redskins

Gunny
09-04-2014, 12:13 AM
The hated enemy. International terrorist organization. All that.

Think they should cave and change their name? I say NO.

I was stationed in DC when the Washington Bullets changed their name to the Wizards because Bullets was obviously gang-related. :cuckoo: All I remember was one of the choices was "Sea Dragons" in the poll. Sea Dragons?:laugh:

Kinda makes one wonder how many cows are offended by the name Cowboys.

So far the Ayatollah Snyder hasn't caved. Even a clock is right twice a day.

Thoughts?

Abbey Marie
09-04-2014, 12:20 AM
I have heard that Native Americans don't even mind the name. I say leave it the heck alone.

Jeff
09-04-2014, 12:52 AM
I have heard that Native Americans don't even mind the name. I say leave it the heck alone.

I seen a interview where they asked Native Americans if they where offended and not one said yes. In that special the fans said they either wouldn't be fans any longer ( fans that have had season passes for years ) or they would simply continue to call them the Redskins.

Gunny
09-04-2014, 01:01 AM
The media keeps this alive representing the 3 people actually squawking about it because it creates controversy. It's stupid. It's a name. Big deal. What're they going to change it too? Hell I still call 'em injuns. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
09-04-2014, 01:25 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6hMJFIoSATQ/U6Lj95gqdII/AAAAAAAABEs/4YEIromKvWc/s1600/Spuds+on+the+Warpath.jpg

namvet
09-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Reid claims he won't go to any skins games. ticket sales go thru the roof