PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

jimnyc
09-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Green Bay at Seattle, 8:30pm EST this evening. Place the final score here!

Seattle 27 - Green Bay 23

Baba Booey
09-04-2014, 01:02 PM
(fudge) Packers - 31
Shehawks - 21

darin
09-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Seattle: 38
Packers: 12

Last time Seattle lost ANY game by more than 7 points...November 2011

GREAT analysis - http://blog.seattlepi.com/oregonsportsnews/2014/09/02/on-the-attack-the-seattle-seahawks-and-green-bay-packers-set-to-clash-with-opposing-styles/

Gunny
09-04-2014, 02:38 PM

Last time Seattle lost ANY game by more than 7 points...November 2011

GREAT analysis - http://blog.seattlepi.com/oregonsportsnews/2014/09/02/on-the-attack-the-seattle-seahawks-and-green-bay-packers-set-to-clash-with-opposing-styles/

38-12? Not MUCH bias, huh?:laugh:

Jeff
09-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Seahawks 27

Packers 24

jimnyc
09-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Seahawks 27

Packers 24

Why you no good one point upping my pick fucker!! :poke:

Baba Booey
09-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Seahawks 27

Packers 24

Looks like a good game.

I gave up TV years ago, haven't had a cable or whatever subscription for a long time now. I don't miss it except for sports and even then I don't follow it much anymore.

Jeff
09-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Why you no good one point upping my pick fucker!! :poke:

Jim I saw the thread but didn't even pay attention, with no TV I haven't even been following the teams at all so I wasn't even going to guess, but then while thumbing through the net I figured what the heck, 27- 24 sounded about right, sorry I upped ya :laugh:

Gunny
09-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Jim I saw the thread but didn't even pay attention, with no TV I haven't even been following the teams at all so I wasn't even going to guess, but then while thumbing through the net I figured what the heck, 27- 24 sounded about right, sorry I upped ya :laugh:

You messed up his point spread.

Jeff
09-04-2014, 07:44 PM
You messed up his point spread.

:laugh2: SSSShhhh :laugh2:

Gunny
09-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Y'know, the Seahawks have had, year after year, just about the ugliest uniforms in the NFL. They even changed them and they're STILL ugly. Can't imagine why anyone would want to be a fan of a team that hurts your eyes to look at. :poke:

darin
09-04-2014, 10:11 PM
You kids had no idea how good seattle is :)

on twitter before the game i adjusted to 28-13 seattle.

Jeff
09-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Well I just went to get some cigarettes and I seen the Seahawks have a good size lead, but I am still in the running

darin
09-04-2014, 10:26 PM
38-12? Not MUCH bias, huh?:laugh:

I accept your apology. :-)

Gunny
09-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Well I just went to get some cigarettes and I seen the Seahawks have a good size lead, but I am still in the running

No, you ain't even close. It ain't that Seattle's that good. It's that GB has kicked its own ass.

darin
09-04-2014, 10:37 PM
No, you ain't even close. It ain't that Seattle's that good. It's that GB has kicked its own ass.

oh.my.god. Dude. No you didnt. Did you watch? (Sigh)

Gunny
09-04-2014, 10:41 PM
oh.my.god. Dude. No you didnt. Did you watch? (Sigh)

Uh yeah? How far do you think the TV is from me in an efficiency motel room? I watched Aaron Rogers Make some BAD decisions. They would have lost to Miami the way he played tonight.

darin
09-05-2014, 04:32 AM
Thats the thing with good teams...they make it seem the other team cant get out of its own way. Seahawks WERE that good. they are that good. I saw it. You saw it. And the american people saw it. Trying to excuse it away is dishonest.

38-12 is biased? Naw. Seahawks are that much better

Gunny
09-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Thats the thing with good teams...they make it seem the other team cant get out of its own way. Seahawks WERE that good. they are that good. I saw it. You saw it. And the american people saw it. Trying to excuse it away is dishonest.

38-12 is biased? Naw. Seahawks are that much better

You're ARE biased. The Packers didn't NEED Seattle to make them look bad, and wasn't because Seattle is "just that good." Seattle didn't make the mistakes and Green Bay did. Rodgers making bad decisions didn't have anything to do with someone else making him do it.

And no, I WOULDN'T let you officiate a Seahawks game, NOR do the play by play. :laugh:

darin
09-05-2014, 05:48 AM
You're ARE biased. The Packers didn't NEED Seattle to make them look bad, and wasn't because Seattle is "just that good." Seattle didn't make the mistakes and Green Bay did. Rodgers making bad decisions didn't have anything to do with someone else making him do it.

And no, I WOULDN'T let you officiate a Seahawks game, NOR do the play by play. :laugh:

So me and vast majority of the national media and analysts are wrong. I have seen 10 stories covering the event and none of the authors said the packers beat themselves. Nobody is saying "Yeah, the Hawks weren't that good - the packers were that bad" among the respected media.

Either Seattle Beat-down the Packers - and it got worse as the game went on...OR your 'biased' view the packers would have lost if they were the only team on the field.

So I have to ask - in what way were the seahawks NOT good. And if you bring up 'Punt Returns' - that was obvious.

:)

Gunny
09-05-2014, 05:59 AM
So me and vast majority of the national media and analysts are wrong. I have seen 10 stories covering the event and none of the authors said the packers beat themselves. Nobody is saying "Yeah, the Hawks weren't that good - the packers were that bad" among the respected media because those kinds.

Either Seattle Beat-down the Packers - and it got worse as the game went on...OR your 'biased' view the packers would have lost if they were the only team on the field.

So I have to ask - in what way were the seahawks NOT good. And if you bring up 'Punt Returns' - that was obvious.

:)

YOU are using the national media as your backup? Tsk tsk ....:laugh:

I didn't say the Seahawks weren't good. I said the Packers beat themselves. I have no biased view. I could care less who wins between those two teams.

But it IS fun :poke: at you about it. :laugh:

darin
09-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Fair enough. I'll just leave these here - Examples of the Seahawks Not Being That Good.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KBkXt8TcJ-E/VAkRszxRBTI/AAAAAAAAKCw/5R_mjlMcYVM/s1600/5.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5gXFkRQz2DI/VAkW2yX5N5I/AAAAAAAAKDM/OU4axpfBlpQ/s1600/10.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I3xCoqNRokI/VAkVuoLZENI/AAAAAAAAKDI/wkSp8N2NdNo/s1600/9.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-id6P4svFsMA/VAk5Acx__II/AAAAAAAAKEc/4z9GImpz9V0/s1600/13.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-blgssBdHVVs/VAkLPcXNZBI/AAAAAAAAKCU/hDcjCoGq2rs/s1600/3.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ioSbevFFYP0/VAk4YbW3fkI/AAAAAAAAKEU/tDnaoZgjDJo/s1600/11.gif

Gunny
09-05-2014, 06:19 AM
D ....

I didn't say they weren't good. You're totally missing the point here. You're always so calm, cool, and collected about everything else. Start talking Seahawks and you turn into a 10 years old little boy. If they lose, the other team cheated, bad call by the refs, so-n-so was hurt. It's your achilles heel. :laugh:

I'm just teasing you, dude. Nothing more to it than that. :)

darin
09-05-2014, 06:38 AM
D ....

I didn't say they weren't good. You're totally missing the point here. You're always so calm, cool, and collected about everything else. Start talking Seahawks and you turn into a 10 years old little boy. If they lose, the other team cheated, bad call by the refs, so-n-so was hurt. It's your achilles heel. :laugh:

I'm just teasing you, dude. Nothing more to it than that. :)

You believe the game turned out the way it did because the Packers beat themselves - NOT because the Hawks were that good. I'm saying that's not an accurate portrayal of what happened. I didn't pick up teasing; I thought we were talking about what we actually saw during the game.

And that part about when they lose? I NEVER do that. The closest thing MAYBE was the justifiable outrage and sadness of Superbowl XL. That was nine years ago, bro. :D

Go Hawks.

Baba Booey
09-05-2014, 06:41 AM
lol @ this thread.

When you beat a SB caliber team by 20 points, you're doing something right.

jimnyc
09-05-2014, 06:42 AM

Great pick!! 'Hawks looked good last night, Harvin and The Beast looked fantastic, especially in the first half. I do think the Pack hurt themselves a tad in this game, but Seattle was beating them nonetheless. They look seasoned already, not a team playing their first game. I think they'll get better as they gel. That could be scary!

Gunny
09-05-2014, 06:44 AM
You believe the game turned out the way it did because the Packers beat themselves - NOT because the Hawks were that good. I'm saying that's not an accurate portrayal of what happened. I didn't pick up teasing; I thought we were talking about what we actually saw during the game.

And that part about when they lose? I NEVER do that. The closest thing MAYBE was the justifiable outrage and sadness of Superbowl XL. That was nine years ago, bro. :D

Go Hawks.

It WAS 9 years ago. And I haven't forgotten. What's THAT tell you? ;)

You sound like my little brother when it comes to football. Matter of fact, y'all have a common enemy. :laugh: He knows EVERY reason the Steelers cheated to whim both SB's against the Cowboys in the 70s. COuldn't have been because they just that good ... could it? ;)

They're going to beat Seattle this year too.:whistling2:

darin
09-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Jim - chances are it will not last. I want to believe. Percy will (godforbid) get hurt. Hawks will lose depth. And seattle's 3rd and 4th corners do not impress me.

But. For last night? Was a perfect way to start the season.

darin
09-05-2014, 06:47 AM
It WAS 9 years ago. And I haven't forgotten. What's THAT tell you? ;)

You sound like my little brother when it comes to football. Matter of fact, y'all have a common enemy. :laugh: He knows EVERY reason the Steelers cheated to whim both SB's against the Cowboys in the 70s. COuldn't have been because they just that good ... could it? ;)

They're going to beat Seattle this year too.:whistling2:

Okay - now that doesn't even make sense anymore.

I am not beating ANY drum about SBXL. In fact - and Jim will attest; because he and I had a Lot of convo about and after the game - Since forever? When He and I mention the game it's always in good-natured jabs about his filthy SteAlers.

So - the convo went from my prediction of the game (and subsequent wussing out to a lower score) to me somehow a whiner ANY time the Seahawks lose? C'mon man.

Gunny
09-05-2014, 06:51 AM

I am not beating ANY drum about SBXL. In fact - and Jim will attest; because he and I had a Lot of convo about and after the game - Since forever? When He and I mention the game it's always in good-natured jabs about his filthy SteAlers.

So - the convo went from my prediction of the game (and subsequent wussing out to a lower score) to me somehow a whiner ANY time the Seahawks lose? C'mon man.

I didn't call you a whiner. I called you a 10 years old little boy when it comes to the Seahawks. :laugh:

And I'm taking only good-natured jabs at you. Nothing more than that. :)

darin
09-05-2014, 06:53 AM
I didn't call you a whiner. I called you a 10 years old little boy when it comes to the Seahawks. :laugh:

And I'm taking only good-natured jabs at you. Nothing more than that. :)

Okay Gunny.

jimnyc
09-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Jim - chances are it will not last. I want to believe. Percy will (godforbid) get hurt. Hawks will lose depth. And seattle's 3rd and 4th corners do not impress me.

If Wilson, Harvin and the Beast stay healthy - I see the Championship game at minimum. You'll have to win that game though in order to have the right to have a repeat against the much better Steelers team. :salute:

jimnyc
09-05-2014, 06:57 AM

The game where Big Ben made the end zone? Willie Parker galloped for 75? The 'Hawks got caught cheating by pushing off in the end zone? :lol: 21-10 baby!!

Ok, I kid, I'm not arguing about that one 9 years later! I take my trophy and then go "NA NA NA NA NA NA can't hear you" as I cover my ears!! :coffee:

Gunny
09-05-2014, 06:59 AM
If Wilson, Harvin and the Beast stay healthy - I see the Championship game at minimum. You'll have to win that game though in order to have the right to have a repeat against the much better Steelers team. :salute:

:laugh:

True dat.

Jeff
09-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Uh yeah? How far do you think the TV is from me in an efficiency motel room? I watched Aaron Rogers Make some BAD decisions. They would have lost to Miami the way he played tonight.

Hey hey hey Miami is the team !!!!

jimnyc
09-05-2014, 07:03 AM

Dude, Miami blows chunks. They have since Marino left. Just sayin!

Gunny
09-05-2014, 07:06 AM

I lived in Miami the entire 70s, mostly. But their team does suck. They'd have looked better than the Packers did last night though. :)

Jeff
09-05-2014, 07:07 AM

Enjoy it when you can, today the way teams go ( money money money ) your great one year and so so the next ( yes there are exceptions ) but when your team is winning go with it and enjoy it, with that said if GB didn't beat themselves.... :laugh:

Jeff
09-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Dude, Miami blows chunks. They have since Marino left. Just sayin!

Jim at least we aren't a bunch of rapist :laugh:

Gunny
09-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Jim at least we aren't a bunch of rapist :laugh:

Dude, I used to bounce in Miami. There ain't no cherubs on that team. They don't like biker bars much though, I can tell you that.:laugh:

Jeff
09-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Dude, I used to bounce in Miami. There ain't no cherubs on that team. They don't like biker bars much though, I can tell you that.:laugh:

Miami is one of those things, ya like years ago and just wait ( and wait and wait ) for them to come alive again :laugh: