PDA

View Full Version : My new life philosophy - will work for you too.

darin
09-05-2014, 06:42 AM
Why would you ever be excited to be with someone who is not excited to be with you? If they’re not happy with you now, what makes you think they’ll be happy to be with you later? Why do you make an effort to convince someone to date you when they make no effort to convince you?
Read through this - this guy nails it.

http://markmanson.net/fuck-yes/

What does that say about you? That you believe you need to convince people to be with you?
You wouldn’t buy a dog that bites you all the time. And you wouldn’t be friends with someone who regularly ditches you. You wouldn’t work a job that doesn’t pay you. Then why the hell are you trying to make a girlfriend out of a woman who doesn’t want to date you? Where’s your self-respect?

The entrepreneur Derek Sivers once wrote a blog post (http://sivers.org/hellyeah) where he said that “If I’m not saying ‘Hell Yeah!’ to something, then I say no.” It served him well in the business world and now I’d like to apply it to the dating world. And because I’m more of a vulgar asshole than Derek is, I’ll christen mine The Law of “Fuck Yes or No.”

The Law of “Fuck Yes or No” states that when you want to get involved with someone new, in whatever capacity, they must inspire you to say “Fuck Yes” in order for you to proceed with them.The Law of “Fuck Yes or No” also states that when you want to get involved with someone new, in whatever capacity, THEY must respond with a “Fuck Yes” in order for you to proceed with them.

tailfins
09-05-2014, 08:48 AM
That's just a first step. I quickly learned the lesson in your post and gave up on American women half a lifetime ago. If you have a job, women in Fortaleza, Brazil flock to you with a version of "pick me, pick me". You job then becomes to filter out anyone who would present a high risk relationship. Anyone with a history of disrespecting their parents is disqualified. Most parents will tell you if you just ask. In fact, my wife asked her dad if it was OK before she married me.

darin
09-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Jeez bro - I should take a trip to brazil eh? :)

aboutime
09-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Why would you ever be excited to be with someone who is not excited to be with you? If they’re not happy with you now, what makes you think they’ll be happy to be with you later? Why do you make an effort to convince someone to date you when they make no effort to convince you?
Read through this - this guy nails it.

http://markmanson.net/fuck-yes/

dmp. Let me ask my best friend, partner, mother of our two grown son's, and wife of almost 46 years in March of next year.

And, to the guy who wrote this crap. I can only say "F.O.A.D."

Shadow
09-05-2014, 09:41 PM
I agree with a lot of what this article talks about. In fact it reminds me of a line from a movie (He's Just Not That In To You)... that once I heard it... I always think about when evaluating relationships.

"If a guy treats you like you dont matter...then you don't...no exceptions".

So...yes...if I have to spend a lot of time trying to convince someone to care about me....they obviously aren't worth my time and effort (so why bother). And now that I am older...I have even less patience.

Jeff
09-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I agree with a lot of what this article talks about. In fact it reminds me of a line from a movie (He's Just Not That In To You)... that once I heard it... I always think about when evaluating relationships.

"If a guy treats you like you dont matter...then you don't...no exceptions".

So...yes...if I have to spend a lot of time trying to convince someone to care about me....they obviously aren't worth my time and effort (so why bother). And now that I am older...I have even less patience.

The wife and I have spoke about this exact thing, seems her sister has no self worth at all and tries so hard, hell if the guy don't dig ya now chances are you acting like a fool throwing yourself at him isn't going to work, unless of course he is a loser as well.

Shadow
09-05-2014, 10:04 PM
The wife and I have spoke about this exact thing, seems her sister has no self worth at all and tries so hard, hell if the guy don't dig ya now chances are you acting like a fool throwing yourself at him isn't going to work, unless of course he is a loser as well.

Good way to get used actually. Once some men know you will bend over backwards for scraps of their attention....they will soak that for everything it is worth and give a woman just enough to keep them interested.

tailfins
09-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Jeez bro - I should take a trip to brazil eh? :)

Avoid Rio and Sao Paulo. Fortaleza, Recife, Belem, Teresina and Manaus are great. Small towns a couple hours out from those cities are even better.

gabosaurus
09-05-2014, 11:21 PM
If you don't wish to travel to Brazil, you can always either purchase one from a web site or gain a lead from one.
Brazilian women are perfect if you desire a domestic servant steeped in 19th Century values. As opposed to a modern wife who might actually talk back to you.

Gunny
09-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Avoid Rio and Sao Paulo. Fortaleza, Recife, Belem, Teresina and Manaus are great. Small towns a couple hours out from those cities are even better.

That's usually the case in most foreign countries. Get past the tourist traps where everyone is out to try and rob, cheat or steal everything you have.