PDA

View Full Version : Farm owners fined for declining to host same-sex wedding

Gunny
09-06-2014, 05:50 AM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3763793940001/farm-owners-fined-for-declining-to-host-same-sex-wedding/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Ridiculous

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-06-2014, 09:04 AM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3763793940001/farm-owners-fined-for-declining-to-host-same-sex-wedding/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Ridiculous
Its Naw Yawk. LIBERAL stupidity reigns there.
And apparently the First Amendment has been voided!!!

Just another example of stupidity and hypocrisy on parade.
Which such asshats want to be the new normal.
ffk them ALL says a real American and I mean it.. I don't play..
Have the tools to not play with...-Tyr

First Amendment: Free Exercise Clause (1791)

This clause protects an absolute freedom of belief. The Founders saw religious liberty as a natural right, and so the First Amendment ensures that all people have an equality of rights to practice their faith. While originally written to apply to actions of the federal government, it was incorporated into state governments through the Fourteenth Amendment by the Supreme Court in the case Cantwell v. Connecticut (1940).

Precursors to the Free Exercise clause include the English Bill of Rights, the Virginia Declaration of Rights, and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom. The English Bill of Rights expanded religious freedom for Protestants who did not attend the Church of England, but not for Catholics or non-Christians. The Virginia Declaration of Rights held that “all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion.” The Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom asserts that “all men shall be free to profess, and by argument to maintain, their opinion in matters of religion.”

Supreme Court cases centered on the Free Exercise Clause include Wisconsin v. Yoder (1972), Minersville v. Gobitas (1940), and West Virginia v. Barnette (1943).

A free society in which members of various faiths have the right to practice religion freely demands that citizens practice the values of consideration and respect.

fj1200
09-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Its Naw Yawk. LIBERAL stupidity reigns there.
And apparently the First Amendment has been voided!!!

Just another example of stupidity and hypocrisy on parade.
Which such asshats want to be the new normal.
ffk them ALL says a real American and I mean it.. I don't play..
Have the tools to not play with...-Tyr

:rolleyes:

Not really a 1A violation in my book, more like 5A.

... nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 09:55 AM
I want to have an Imam at a mosque be forced to marry a Jewish homosexual couple.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:02 AM
Huckabee - lol! So that's where he' hiding nowadays, Fauxnews.

Anyway, sucks to be a bigot nowadays.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 10:08 AM

I don't think it's as much of being a bigot, but rather many thinking that a business owner should be able to run their business any way they choose, and choose with who they will do business with, even if it perhaps runs it into the ground. No different than the consumer who isn't forced to do business with a sole business, and they have the right to do business with who they choose.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't think it's as much of being a bigot, but rather many thinking that a business owner should be able to run their business any way they choose, and choose with who they will do business with, even if it perhaps runs it into the ground. No different than the consumer who isn't forced to do business with a sole business, and they have the right to do business with who they choose.

Yeah, and people don't want to be discriminated against.

The whole thing sucks if you ask me, but am I going to shed any tears when some bigot gets dinged? Hell no.

These phonies who hide behind "religious freedom" can all go pound sand.

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 10:19 AM

Careful, your liberal slip is showing.

There's nothing wrong with a private business refusing to serve someone they don't want to.

The company should be able to refuse service to anyone, and the customer should be able to choose another company that will.

I'm certainly not willing to host a CAIR Muslim Summit up at my cabin, and I'll be damned if the Government will force me to.

I pick who I do business with. Not anyone else.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 10:20 AM

The whole thing sucks if you ask me, but am I going to shed any tears when some bigot gets dinged? Hell no.

What if a black man refuses to shop at a store because it's owned by a white couple. Should he be fined? He IS discriminating as well, and choosing who he does business with based on race. I simply think private businesses should be able to run it THEIR way, since it is their business, and their money.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:24 AM
Careful, your liberal slip is showing.

Yes, I'm a flaming progressive.

Yes... right... got it.

Trust me, every bucket carrying mindless zombie refers to me as a liberal. It really doesn't mean anything to me other than to help me locate those who's opinions I don't need to pay much attention to.

There's nothing wrong with a private business refusing to serve someone they don't want to.

The company should be able to refuse service to anyone, and the customer should be able to choose another company that will.

I'm certainly not willing to host a CAIR Muslim Summit up at my cabin, and I'll be damned if the Government will force me to.

I pick who I do business with. Not anyone else.

Yeah, how long ago was it where private businesses could hire/fire people based on their age, color, gender?

Like I said, it does suck to be a bigot nowadays.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Then no need to answer my earlier inquiry, you DO support fining citizens if they don't shop somewhere based on race.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:26 AM
What if a black man refuses to shop at a store because it's owned by a white couple. Should he be fined? He IS discriminating as well, and choosing who he does business with based on race. I simply think private businesses should be able to run it THEIR way, since it is their business, and their money.

Consumer purchasing isn't regulated.

They can run it their way, they just can't be bigoted about who they choose to patronize.

If these farm owners were gay and refused to allow a Catholic wedding there, trust me - the wingosphere would be all shitting their pants right now.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Then no need to answer my earlier inquiry, you DO support fining citizens if they don't shop somewhere based on race.

I don't support it, I just have a certain degree of schadenfreude with bigots when bad karma things happen to them.

Kinda like gay marriage, I don't support it or oppose it, I don't have a dog in that fight. I'm not gay nor is anyone in my immediate family, but I love seeing the religious right bigots all losing this one - because they're hypocrites basically.

So fuckum.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Consumer purchasing isn't regulated.

They can run it their way, they just can't be bigoted about who they choose to patronize.

If these farm owners were gay and refused to allow a Catholic wedding there, trust me - the wingosphere would be all shitting their pants right now.

I wouldn't. But the idea of that scenario is laughable.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 10:31 AM
I don't support it, I just have a certain degree of schadenfreude with bigots when bad karma things happen to them.

Kinda like gay marriage, I don't support it or oppose it, I don't have a dog in that fight. I'm not gay nor is anyone in my immediate family, but I love seeing the religious right bigots all losing this one - because they're hypocrites basically.

So fuckum.

Add me to the bigot list then. If I were to get a license to marry tomorrow - I WOULD NOT MARRY GAYS - no matter where, no matter how much for - it would simply NEVER happen. And that has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Btw, for what it's worth, I would have the SAME stance no matter who the person is that a business owner doesn't want to do business with. I'm bigoted against ANY customer that feels like someone MUST serve them.

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Yes, I'm a flaming progressive.

Yes... right... got it.

Trust me, every bucket carrying mindless zombie refers to me as a liberal. It really doesn't mean anything to me other than to help me locate those who's opinions I don't need to pay much attention to.

I was being a smartass; no need to get twisted up about it.

Yeah, how long ago was it where private businesses could hire/fire people based on their age, color, gender?

Apples and Oranges.

Employment should be colorblind and based on personal performance, qualifications and skills.

Ever see the sign that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."? If that company doesn't want your money, that's their right.

I personally do business with companies I like. I've driven over 100 miles to get a $5 part for my sled because I decided people that owned the Polaris shop here in Wasilla were assholes and I refused to do business with them. It was my choice to do so.

Who has the authority or the right to tell me if they think my decision was valid or not?

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:38 AM
Add me to the bigot list then. If I were to get a license to marry tomorrow - I WOULD NOT MARRY GAYS - no matter where, no matter how much for - it would simply NEVER happen. And that has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

That's fine, be whoever you want to be, there's no law against being a bigot as long as you're not discriminating against anyone and if you do, well - like I said...

This is a big part of the GOP that I abandoned when I changed my life-long Republican status to Independent (or in PA it's Libertarian I guess), social conservatism is dead. We need to get the fuck out of peoples bedrooms and religious beliefs and focus on other societal and economic issues.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 10:40 AM

THIS is a perfect example of why I post almost everything from CNN. Just so I don't have to listen to this. Questioning the source rather than the topic.

It sucks to feel that you have the Right, under the 1st Amendment to the Constitution of the US to freedom of religion and can't be discriminated against by the government for practicing it, when it just isn't so.

I predicted this YEARS ago when the flamers started coming out and challenging any and everyone that got in their way, and I'll ask the same question:

If I can't have my religion in YOUR government, why should you be able to force your government and its screwy ideas on MY religion? Don't hurry. I've been waiting 10+ years for a response. I can wait.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I was being a smartass; no need to get twisted up about it.

lol - sorry, it's so far right of Hitler here I just assumed...

Apples and Oranges.

Employment should be colorblind and based on personal performance, qualifications and skills.

Ever see the sign that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."? If that company doesn't want your money, that's their right.

I personally do business with companies I like. I've driven over 100 miles to get a $5 part for my sled because I decided people that owned the Polaris shop here in Wasilla were assholes and I refused to do business with them. It was my choice to do so.

Who has the authority or the right to tell me if they think my decision was valid or not?

So a sign makes it valid or ethical?

bzzt - nope.

Again, that mindset not too long ago worked for who you could hire and couldn't hire.

I have no problems with these laws the more I think of it. So far I've heard a lot of blabbidy blah but no real reasons against it other than "I have a right to be a bigot".

Gunny
09-08-2014, 10:44 AM

So can people that believe the majority should have to suffer the tyranny of the minority. Your opinion that religious people are phonies is just that, an opinion. Unfortunately, the 1st Amendment GUARANTEES them that right. And THAT isn't an opinion.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 10:45 AM
That's fine, be whoever you want to be, there's no law against being a bigot as long as you're not discriminating against anyone and if you do, well - like I said...

This is a big part of the GOP that I abandoned when I changed my life-long Republican status to Independent (or in PA it's Libertarian I guess), social conservatism is dead. We need to get the fuck out of peoples bedrooms and religious beliefs and focus on other societal and economic issues.

This farm had nothing to do with "we", nor did they go INTO anyone's bedroom. They made a simple business decision. As politicians, that's a different discussion. As a business owner, they should have the same rights as consumers have. The ONLY time I think people should be forced to do anything with their businesses is if they decided to accept some sort of government money, or are affiliated with the government somehow.

Outside of that, yes, I'm a happy AND proud bigot. I'm even racist in certain areas. I make no bones about it, no twisting of words and not a single apology. :)

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:49 AM
If I can't have my religion in YOUR government, why should you be able to force your government and its screwy ideas on MY religion? Don't hurry. I've been waiting 10+ years for a response. I can wait.

What?

Who's forcing what onto your religion?

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:50 AM
This farm had nothing to do with "we", nor did they go INTO anyone's bedroom. They made a simple business decision. As politicians, that's a different discussion. As a business owner, they should have the same rights as consumers have. The ONLY time I think people should be forced to do anything with their businesses is if they decided to accept some sort of government money, or are affiliated with the government somehow.

Outside of that, yes, I'm a happy AND proud bigot. I'm even racist in certain areas. I make no bones about it, no twisting of words and not a single apology. :)

Seriously? "A simple business decision"? To discriminate against gays - a business decision?

You can take a mulligan on that if you want, up to you.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:51 AM
So can people that believe the majority should have to suffer the tyranny of the minority. Your opinion that religious people are phonies is just that, an opinion. Unfortunately, the 1st Amendment GUARANTEES them that right. And THAT isn't an opinion.

lol! - you're right, no arguments!

The majority of people support or are tolerant of gays and lesbians, religious bigotry is a fast dying breed.

Finally - on the same page!

:laugh:

Gaffer
09-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Private businesses are forced by the govt to not discriminate because of age, sex or race. If your over 35 try applying for a govt job. If your a white male check out what it takes to qualify for a govt job. The laws about age, sex and race do not apply to govt.

I don't associate with queers, thugs, lairs, muslims or religious fanatics of any stripe. That makes me a bigot. So what? I'm also a conservative atheist. Got my bucket right here and after I throw the water on you I'll hit you with the bucket.

If your siding with the queers, you got a dog in that hunt.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 10:55 AM
What?

Who's forcing what onto your religion?

These people are being fined for not allowing their private home to be used to host a wedding between two people that violates their religious beliefs. I'm still sitting back waiting for it to get pulled on a church. "Marry the gays or lose your tax-exempt status."

So what's the REAL point here? There are plenty of place these two can get "married". Why pick this one? Because the courts are forcing them down the majority's throats whether or not we like it. All they have to do is squeal discrimination.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Private businesses are forced by the govt to not discriminate because of age, sex or race. If your over 35 try applying for a govt job. If your a white male check out what it takes to qualify for a govt job. The laws about age, sex and race do not apply to govt.

I don't associate with queers, thugs, lairs, muslims or religious fanatics of any stripe. That makes me a bigot. So what? I'm also a conservative atheist. Got my bucket right here and after I throw the water on you I'll hit you with the bucket.

No bigotry here.

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 10:56 AM

No worries. The typed word is a cold medium.

Hitler was a lefty, btw. :smoke:

bzzt - nope.

Again, that mindset not too long ago worked for who you could hire and couldn't hire.

I have no problems with these laws the more I think of it. So far I've heard a lot of blabbidy blah but no real reasons against it other than "I have a right to be a bigot".

That's right. They do have the right to be a bigot. Or prejudiced. We're all free as Americans to hold our personal views, right or wrong, as long as we're not harming someone with our actions.

Refusing service does not harm someone; it inconveniences them. This whole thing is stupid and a media ploy for attention. It's a concerted effort by the LGBT community to force acceptance of their beliefs down the throats (ahem!) of others in direct conflict of those Americans' religious beliefs. It's wrong, and it's a load of bullshit.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 10:58 AM

bzzt - nope.

I should point out that one of your first comments was you were tired of the same-old same-old, or words to that effect; yet, you keep jumping into the political fray. ;)

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:00 AM
These people are being fined for not allowing their private home to be used to host a wedding between two people that violates their religious beliefs. I'm still sitting back waiting for it to get pulled on a church. "Marry the gays or lose your tax-exempt status."

I think entities like the Catholic Church should have their tax exemption status for this shit. Want to be religiously bigoted? Great - do it on your time, not mine and other taxpayers dimes. Go pay taxes and worship the Hale Bopp comet for all I care, exclude anyone with 2 testicles and 10 toes from your kooky ceremonies, knock yourself out. It pisses me off that we give tax exemptions to institutions that are not only powerful political influences but also practice in socially abnormal and deviant behavior.

So what's the REAL point here? There are plenty of place these two can get "married". Why pick this one? Because the courts are forcing them down the majority's throats whether or not we like it. All they have to do is squeal discrimination.

As an extension from the first part - want to practice religious kookery? Get out of the private sector.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 11:01 AM
Seriously? "A simple business decision"? To discriminate against gays - a business decision?

No mulligan necessary, they simply decided not to do business with them. Why would I need a mulligan? Because my belief is different than yours? Would you like a mulligan on forcing YOUR beliefs on others? Didn't think so.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 11:01 AM

Matter of fact it is. If they lose business from heterosexuals for marrying a gay couple, THAT is a business decision. You're willing to give an aberrant minority THEIR Rights, while denying someone else theirs.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 11:02 AM
No bigotry here.

Excellent argument!!

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:03 AM
No worries. The typed word is a cold medium.

Hitler was a lefty, btw. :smoke:

It really depends on who you ask. Subset of Goodwyn's law.

That's right. They do have the right to be a bigot. Or prejudiced. We're all free as Americans to hold our personal views, right or wrong, as long as we're not harming someone with our actions.

Refusing service does not harm someone; it inconveniences them. This whole thing is stupid and a media ploy for attention. It's a concerted effort by the LGBT community to force acceptance of their beliefs down the throats (ahem!) of others in direct conflict of those Americans' religious beliefs. It's wrong, and it's a load of bullshit.

And it's your opinion.

But it's still the law, and a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I'll support the majority societal accepted over the minority oppressive bigot every day of the week and twice on Sunday (after church lets out though). :laugh:

Gunny
09-08-2014, 11:04 AM
lol! - you're right, no arguments!

The majority of people support or are tolerant of gays and lesbians, religious bigotry is a fast dying breed.

Finally - on the same page!

Nice try, but no. The majority does NOT support the gay political agenda. Tolerance of what they wish to do in the privacy of their own home is not that.

The fact that homosexuality is aberrant behavior is supported by simple biology, not religion.

The state is stepping on this man's rights guaranteed by the Constitution in favor of trying to court order people to believe something that is not normal is.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Excellent argument!!

Are you kidding me? Like I'm going to argue with an ad hom laced bigoted rant?

No thanks.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 11:05 AM

If you're not bilingual, try getting a job around HERE.:laugh:

Gunny
09-08-2014, 11:06 AM
No bigotry here.

He's never said he wasn't. ;)

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:08 AM
No mulligan necessary, they simply decided not to do business with them. Why would I need a mulligan? Because my belief is different than yours? Would you like a mulligan on forcing YOUR beliefs on others? Didn't think so.

Not if they want to do business in NY and probably a growing number of areas since bigotry is a dying breed.

The mulligan was for stating that not serving gays as a "business decision" - aka, not doing business is good business. It's a ridiculous statement, just say you don't want to do business with them because they're gay.

Because forgoing business is generally not a good "business decision".

I didn't think that really needed explained, but there it is. I try to play nice.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Are you kidding me? Like I'm going to argue with an ad hom laced bigoted rant?

No thanks.

Gotcha. And I feel the same about the religious hate you've been regurgitating.

No thanks.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
He's never said he wasn't. ;)

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Not if they want to do business in NY and probably a growing number of areas since bigotry is a dying breed.

The mulligan was for stating that not serving gays as a "business decision" - aka, not doing business is good business. It's a ridiculous statement, just say you don't want to do business with them because they're gay.

Because forgoing business is generally not a good "business decision".

I didn't think that really needed explained, but there it is. I try to play nice.

You're right, it DIDN'T need explaining.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Gotcha. And I feel the same about the religious hate you've been regurgitating.

No thanks.

Hate?

What?

Gaffer
09-08-2014, 11:10 AM
It really depends on who you ask. Subset of Goodwyn's law.

And it's your opinion.

But it's still the law, and a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I'll support the majority societal accepted over the minority oppressive bigot every day of the week and twice on Sunday (after church lets out though). :laugh:

So your a socialist.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Hate?

What?

Adios, I don't waste my time with those that have difficulty comprehending simple sentences, can't reply with much more than a smiley, and dismisses what they don't have an argument for.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Nice try, but no. The majority does NOT support the gay political agenda. Tolerance of what they wish to do in the privacy of their own home is not that.

If you heard that on FauxNews it's probably a lie.

A pretty strong majority of us support gay issues, the bigot minority is becoming increasingly small - and miserable from what it seems.

The fact that homosexuality is aberrant behavior is supported by simple biology, not religion.

The state is stepping on this man's rights guaranteed by the Constitution in favor of trying to court order people to believe something that is not normal is.

No comment/opinion.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Adios, I don't waste my time with those that have difficulty comprehending simple sentences, can't reply with much more than a smiley, and dismisses what they don't have an argument for.

I think you're taking this personally, you're getting irrational.

That's too bad.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:22 AM
http://www.nrcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/that-escalated-quickly-anchorman-gif.gif

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 11:26 AM
If you heard that on FauxNews it's probably a lie.

Contrary to what Rachel Maddow on MSNBC is telling you, Gunny is correct.

The majority of Americans don't give a damn what two adults do in the privacy of their home. Tolerance does not equate with sweeping acceptance of the gay political agenda.

A pretty strong majority of us support gay issues, the bigot minority is becoming increasingly small - and miserable from what it seems.

Where are you getting your information?

I think you'll be very surprised when we delve into the actual numbers instead of a Rainbow Coalition poll done in San Francisco.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Contrary to what Rachel Maddow on MSNBC is telling you, Gunny is correct.

lol! I can honestly say I've never seen Rachel Maddow's show. I've just seen pics of her. Butch dykes aren't my thang.

No, pretty much every major news source included the RW ego massagers reported it right, there's a lot of support for gay and lesbian issues, hence the sweeping gay marriage and rights movement.

That's how this shit works. Welcome to ooo ess aye, you like?

The majority of Americans don't give a damn what two adults do in the privacy of their home. Tolerance does not equate with sweeping acceptance of the gay political agenda.

Just keep it in the bedroom, huh?

You can't make this shit up.

Where are you getting your information?

I think you'll be very surprised when we delve into the actual numbers instead of a Rainbow Coalition poll done in San Francisco.

Feel free to cite something, maybe we can start from there.

Howzzat?

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Just keep it in the bedroom, huh?

You can't make this shit up.

That's how I feel about it.

My stepsister is a lesbian. She doesn't flaunt it in my face and we get along fine.

We also both like chicks, so we've got some common ground.

Feel free to cite something, maybe we can start from there.

Howzzat?

Nah. You know how this works.

You made the claim, you back it up.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 11:59 AM
That's how I feel about it.

My stepsister is a lesbian. She doesn't flaunt it in my face and we get along fine.

We also both like chicks, so we've got some common ground.

Maybe she says kind of the same thing about you.

Nah. You know how this works.

You made the claim, you back it up.

Actually you disputed my statement, as the plaintiff I think it's up to you to make sure you make your case. It's up to me to defend (not prove) my position.

Either way you punted, and that's cool. Can't say I blame ya.

darin
09-08-2014, 12:13 PM
buncha horse shit.

Dude, if the farm owners have to be bigots by what you see from them, YOU have to be a fascist by the totalitarian ideas; by your expressed hatred of freedom.

(shrug)

Freedom is not always pretty - but it's better than the alternative.

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Actually you disputed my statement, as the plaintiff I think it's up to you to make sure you make your case. It's up to me to defend (not prove) my position.

Either way you punted, and that's cool. Can't say I blame ya.

Well, let's turn back the hands of time and review.

No, pretty much every major news source included the RW ego massagers reported it right, there's a lot of support for gay and lesbian issues, hence the sweeping gay marriage and rights movement.

So, you've made the assertion no less than 4 times in this thread.

The responsibility is yours to back up your claims.

I think you're wrong, but I won't do your homework for you.

Show me where the majority of Americans support gay issues.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Dude, if the farm owners have to be bigots by what you see from them, YOU have to be a fascist by the totalitarian ideas; by your expressed hatred of freedom.

(shrug)

Freedom is not always pretty - but it's better than the alternative.

As cool as you think that might sound, "freedom" has nothing to do with it.

Rhetorical red herring.

Proving Goodwyn's law means you're floundering.

Again, want to worship empty beer cans? Go for it.

Just keep your kookery out of the private sector. Nobody's taking your freedom's away.

Well, let's turn back the hands of time and review.

So, you've made the assertion no less than 4 times in this thread.

The responsibility is yours to back up your claims.

I think you're wrong, but I won't do your homework for you.

Show me where the majority of Americans support gay issues. [/COLOR]

Push

darin
09-08-2014, 12:28 PM
As cool as you think that might sound, "freedom" has nothing to do with it.

Rhetorical red herring.

Proving Goodwyn's law means you're floundering.

Again, want to worship empty beer cans? Go for it.

Just keep your kookery out of the private sector. Nobody's taking your freedom's away.

But it's YOUR stupid argument. Them being bigots or NOT has nothing to do with anything. I support the right of businesses to be run by bigots if they want. Further, let people 'protest' with their dollars. The state getting involved is fascist in nature.

Freedom means free. Like Free market. Like allowing the Market to decide which businesses stay in business and NOT forcing your morality laws upon the population. Fucking thought-police. I hate your type.

You're REALLY dumb. I mean Really dumb. You lack skills-enough to engage in ANY reasonable debate. Your communication skills are lacking, too. Work on those. You'll thank me later?

You wanna mess with the best debater on this site? That's what you're gonna get. Don't you EVER talk about me.

#LOB

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 12:50 PM
But it's YOUR stupid argument. Them being bigots or NOT has nothing to do with anything. I support the right of businesses to be run by bigots if they want. Further, let people 'protest' with their dollars. The state getting involved is fascist in nature.

Freedom means free. Like Free market. Like allowing the Market to decide which businesses stay in business and NOT forcing your morality laws upon the population. Fucking thought-police. I hate your type.

You're REALLY dumb. I mean Really dumb. You lack skills-enough to engage in ANY reasonable debate. Your communication skills are lacking, too. Work on those. You'll thank me later?

You wanna mess with the best debater on this site? That's what you're gonna get. Don't you EVER talk about me.

#LOB

What part of "be all the bigot you want to be, just not in the private sector" don't you get?

"Forcing morality laws" - give me a fucking break, you support the radical religious right who's busy forcing their "religious freedom" down everyone's throat.

These phony "Christians" demand tolerance from the world but refuses to return favor. Gee, it's too bad that laws have to be written and enforced because these people are too narrowminded and insecure to just do their thing but that's how it goes.

The world is changing. If you're a bitter, angry bigot - sucks to be you.

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Push

I've got nothing.

Anyone else want to dumb that down for me?

darin
09-08-2014, 01:17 PM
What part of "be all the bigot you want to be, just not in the private sector" don't you get?

"Forcing morality laws" - give me a fucking break, you support the radical religious right who's busy forcing their "religious freedom" down everyone's throat.

These phony "Christians" demand tolerance from the world but refuses to return favor. Gee, it's too bad that laws have to be written and enforced because these people are too narrowminded and insecure to just do their thing but that's how it goes.

The world is changing. If you're a bitter, angry bigot - sucks to be you.

I support FEWER laws. You support more, you angy fascist.

aboutime
09-08-2014, 01:23 PM
I've got nothing.

Anyone else want to dumb that down for me?

NightTrain. Nope. Seems like the culprit is doing a great job on their own.

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I've got lots more to debate based on Baba's statements here, but it's really futile if he refuses to provide backup to his claims.

I've been doing this since 2001 and I think I've only encountered 2 other people who think it's acceptable to make claims and then expect someone else to make their argument for them... they were both identified as passerby trolls pretty quickly.

Sooo.... I'll just pass and chalk it up to trolling.

fj1200
09-08-2014, 01:34 PM
I've got lots more to debate based on Baba's statements here, but it's really futile if he refuses to provide backup to his claims.

Someone needs to make it interesting around here. ;)

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/y0ffodnhgeejsgoevfw40w.png

Perhaps this is the basis of his argument.

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 01:41 PM

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/y0ffodnhgeejsgoevfw40w.png

LOL, you suck, FJ!

fj1200
09-08-2014, 01:43 PM
LOL, you suck, FJ!

Does "suck" mean "are awesome" in Alaskan-ese? :poke:

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Does "suck" mean "are awesome" in Alaskan-ese? :poke:

Nyet.

:gay:

fj1200
09-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Nyet.

Well... that was my next guess. :scared:

aboutime
09-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Nyet.

NightTrain. I read what you said. Didn't look like you were Stuttering. :laugh:

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 02:30 PM
NightTrain. I read what you said. Didn't look like you were Stuttering. :laugh:

Oh, FJ is a good dude, AT... he knows I was just yanking his chain.

He has a love of that Devil's Advocate action and I've seen him argue both sides of an issue more than once. The contrary prick!

tailfins
09-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Simple solution: Declare themselves a private club and require membership to perform weddings.

BoogyMan
09-08-2014, 05:45 PM

Excuse me but why is a religious objection to homosexuality bigotry? You might also go into why they are "phonies." What say you?

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 07:54 PM

Yep, that data is pretty available. I just didn't feel like babysitting, he made the accusation, up to him to prove I'm wrong.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Excuse me but why is a religious objection to homosexuality bigotry? You might also go into why they are "phonies." What say you?

Nothing wrong with objecting to it. Nobody has a right to tell you what to believe.

When that crosses over to actions (ie: denying services) then it becomes bigotry.

Kinda like forcing black people to sit in the back of the bus.

I have a hunch this is going to sail right over most heads here.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 07:58 PM

I've been doing this since 2001 and I think I've only encountered 2 other people who think it's acceptable to make claims and then expect someone else to make their argument for them... they were both identified as passerby trolls pretty quickly.

Sooo.... I'll just pass and chalk it up to trolling.

Hey - go for it.

You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down.

Then you can call me a troll and a progressive when you run out of debate ammo, but then just clench your Ann Coulter doll tightly and everything will be alright.

fj1200
09-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Oh, FJ is a good dude, AT... he knows I was just yanking his chain.

He has a love of that Devil's Advocate action and I've seen him argue both sides of an issue more than once. The contrary prick!

:angel:

Yep, that data is pretty available. I just didn't feel like babysitting, he made the accusation, up to him to prove I'm wrong.

:rolleyes: Weak.

aboutime
09-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Seems to me. Nearly every thread where Baba finds a reason to post. Has an ulterior motive that includes, the almost instant argument, or some reason to make someone angry like Baba. As for the topic of this thread. Americans are permitted to decline, or refuse to do anything they feel is against their principles, or their religious beliefs. All of which, is backed up by the First amendment.

jimnyc
09-09-2014, 06:12 AM

Supplying facts when one posts is now "babysitting"? :lol: He might have disputed what you said, but it's expected that when people make posts, and include claims, that they supply citations and such to backup their comments. You failed to do that, and made lame accusations when he asked for them.

Nothing wrong with objecting to it. Nobody has a right to tell you what to believe.

When that crosses over to actions (ie: denying services) then it becomes bigotry.

Kinda like forcing black people to sit in the back of the bus.

I have a hunch this is going to sail right over most heads here.

Most heads here? As in who, this thread or the entire board? Funny how someone mocks the board and then bails from said board. Most heads here are much brighter than you, I assure you of that, and NT would run circles around you blindfolded.

Hey - go for it.

You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down.

Then you can call me a troll and a progressive when you run out of debate ammo, but then just clench your Ann Coulter doll tightly and everything will be alright.

I don't think troll or progressive, I just think someone who was too lazy, or not capable of finding his own data. And running out of debate ammo? Weren't YOU the one bypassing questions and debate - instead tossing up smilies and such? You didn't even run out of ammo, you forgot to load your gun apparently. :)