PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins

jimnyc
09-07-2014, 07:33 AM
My favorite day of the year, opening Sunday of football (or at least the first Steelers game of the year!)

Today they hopefully begin their trek towards a league leading 7th Super Bowl! They already have more than any team in the league with 6.

The Steelers open against the Cleveland Browns, their enemies since forever. Johnny Manziel is now a Brownie, but Hoyer is the starter. Will Hoyer and Manziel surprise the Steelers, or will Big Ben and Antonie Brown get off toe a good start? The Steelers started "Owen" last year with the Giants - as in 0-4 to start the season.

My pick? I won't go where you think I would be going, as the Steelers always start slow. I'm going with 21-17 Steelers. :gs:

aboutime
09-07-2014, 04:05 PM
Jim. And a great day it became. STEELERS....WIN, EAGLES....WIN in a blowout last five minutes.

Who'da Thunk it???

hjmick
09-07-2014, 04:07 PM
J.J. Watt:

Worth. Every. Fucking. Penny.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 06:01 AM
First off - ^^ JJ Watt - Love him!! Too bad Clowney hurt is MCL though, hope fully not out for too long.

The good news for my Steelers - Big Ben was awesome. He tossed for nearly 300 yards in the first half alone. As I said, Antonio Brown was the man, catching for well over 100, running back punts and doing it all. Le'veon Bell, while not smoking his dope, ran for over 100 and had a total of 206 yards combined! The D only gave up 3 points - halftime score was 27-3 Steelers.

Then it all started falling apart. First off, the D started giving up chunks of yardage and points. The asshole O coordinator started being conservative and took Ben more or less out of the game. Of course the next thing you know the damn game is tied with minutes to go!! Suisham kicks a field goal as time expires to pull them out. The first half they looked like possible AFC champions, and in the 2nd they looked like the 8-8 teams of the last 2 years.

1-0 though, and now off to face the hated Ravens in a few days already, Thursday Night Football!!

Gunny
09-08-2014, 06:20 AM
They need to just stick a fork in Romo. The 49ers shouldn't be too proud though. They had a 17-0 halftime lead and won 24-17. Those 17 points came off Romo's 3 first half picks.

darin
09-08-2014, 06:22 AM
I was very close to feeling very bad about the Steelers, Jim. Glad they hung on. Keep in mind - and it's something I tweeted this morning - Defenses don't have to be world-beaters, they must do only enough to win that particular sunday.

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 07:22 AM
I was very close to feeling very bad about the Steelers, Jim. Glad they hung on. Keep in mind - and it's something I tweeted this morning - Defenses don't have to be world-beaters, they must do only enough to win that particular sunday.

Well, they did that in the 1st half, and didn't do shit to stop them in the 2nd. Well, not true, they DID stop them on the last possession, which allowed them to get it back - and FINALLY they allowed Ben to pass and call plays and he got them in FG position with time running out.

Gunny
09-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Well, they did that in the 1st half, and didn't do shit to stop them in the 2nd. Well, not true, they DID stop them on the last possession, which allowed them to get it back - and FINALLY they allowed Ben to pass and call plays and he got them in FG position with time running out.

And the Cowboys win another meaningless game against a mediocre team. Yay. They did however mount the biggest comeback in team history. They'd never won when down by 21 before. Typical Dallas football. Setting the fans up for a fall. Because when the game matters, Romo will screw up.