PDA

View Full Version : Hawks owner Bruce Levenson to sell team after revealing he wrote racist email

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Placed here because this is an ethics issue . And a political issue because the bampunk and the lousy dem party have made it so. Even a religious issue when one considers the three top groups Obama and corrupt crew are now giving special status to includes the damn muslims..-Tyr

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hawks-owner-bruce-levenson-to-sell-team-after-revealing-he-wrote-racist-email-155827737.html

Hawks owner Bruce Levenson to sell team after revealing he wrote racist email

Atlanta Hawks owner Bruce Levenson will sell the franchise after the revelation of a 2012 email he wrote stereotyping African-American fans.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver and Levenson made the announcement Sunday morning with joint statements. Silver discussed the issue with some owners late last week, but many other owners and team officials did not know of it until Sunday's announcement, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The announcement comes a little more than four months after the release of an audio tape in which former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling made racial comments to his reported girlfriend. Silver banished Sterling from the NBA and forced him to sell the team. Sterling's wife Shelly closed the sale of the franchise to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2 billion last month.

Levenson apologized for the August 2012 email, which was sent to Hawks general manager Danny Ferry and stereotyped the differences between black and white fans in Atlanta.

“Over the past several years, I’ve spent a lot of time grappling with low attendance at our games and the need for the Hawks to attract more season ticket holders and corporate sponsors," Levenson said in the statement. "Over that time, I’ve talked with team executives about the need for the Hawks to build a more diverse fan base that includes more suburban whites, and I shared my thoughts on why our efforts to bridge Atlanta’s racial sports divide seemed to be failing.

"In trying to address those issues, I wrote an email two years ago that was inappropriate and offensive. I trivialized our fans by making clichéd assumptions about their interests (i.e. hip hop vs. country, white vs. black cheerleaders, etc.) and by stereotyping their perceptions of one another (i.e. that white fans might be afraid of our black fans). By focusing on race, I also sent the unintentional and hurtful message that our white fans are more valuable than our black fans.

"If you're angry about what I wrote, you should be. I'm angry at myself, too. It was inflammatory nonsense. We all may have subtle biases and preconceptions when it comes to race, but my role as a leader is to challenge them, not to validate or accommodate those who might hold them."

Silver said Levenson notified the NBA of the email in July, and the league followed with its own investigation.

"Prior to the completion of the investigation, Mr. Levenson notified me [Saturday] evening that he had decided to sell his controlling interest in the Atlanta Hawks," Silver said. "As Mr. Levenson acknowledged, the views he expressed are entirely unacceptable and are in stark contrast to the core principles of the National Basketball Association."

Hawks CEO Steve Koonin will oversee team operations while the franchise works through the sale process.

So, how much of this was going on before the bambastard came into Kingship in 2008? Before it became so very dangerous to criticize: blacks, gays and muslims. And take note which political party they favor and which political party courts them the most. Also note that business owners are attacked for not kissing gays asses and doing for them.

We are having our rights stripped away, and it ramping up at a very alarming rate under King Obama.. -Tyr

Gunny
09-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Placed here because this is an ethics issue . And a political issue because the bampunk and the lousy dem party have made it so. Even a religious issue when one considers the three top groups Obama and corrupt crew are now giving special status to includes the damn muslims..-Tyr

So, how much of this was going on before the bambastard came into Kingship in 2008? Before it became so very dangerous to criticize: blacks, gays and muslims. And take note which political party they favor and which political party courts them the most. Also note that business owners are attacked for not kissing gays asses and doing for them.

We are having our rights stripped away, and it ramping up at a very alarming rate under King Obama.. -Tyr

Dude, really. PC started LONG before Obama. Howard Cossell got fired for a statement that was deemed racist. Trent Lott got totally hosed by the GOP for saying something nice about a dying old man. The list goes on and on, and professional sports is one of the worst when it comes to political correctness and being hammered by the accusation of racism.

What concerns me more, and has from the beginning, is WHY is this man backing down from his statements? Because he was told to do so? The majority of basketball fans ARE black. And why SHOULDN'T whites fear racism as much as anyone else? When I saw clips of the vandalism after the last time the Lakers won a championship, I didn't see a whole bunch of white folk in that crowd.

I get sick of seeing people cave to political correctness.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Dude, really. PC started LONG before Obama. Howard Cossell got fired for a statement that was deemed racist. Trent Lott got totally hosed by the GOP for saying something nice about a dying old man. The list goes on and on, and professional sports is one of the worst when it comes to political correctness and being hammered by the accusation of racism.

What concerns me more, and has from the beginning, is WHY is this man backing down from his statements? Because he was told to do so? The majority of basketball fans ARE black. And why SHOULDN'T whites fear racism as much as anyone else? When I saw clips of the vandalism after the last time the Lakers won a championship, I didn't see a whole bunch of white folk in that crowd.

I get sick of seeing people cave to political correctness.

Yep, knew about the PC crap but how many were forced to sell their property back then? By back then I mean before the era of Obama..
Seems to me it has been ramped up a few notches since the slimy boy blunder took the crown!-Tyr

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 05:29 PM
So these two NBA owners walk into a bar in the Bronx....

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2014, 05:31 PM
So these two NBA owners walk into a bar in the Bronx....

And ordered a black bomber.... ;)