PDA

View Full Version : My wife is the luckiest woman on the planet...

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 05:26 PM
...because she married me. :cool:

Had a busy weekend planned at home, pressure washed the decks which is a chore, we have huge decks.

Anyway, Saturday I notice the local grocery has fresh chicken wings. Huge ones too, they look great so I get a mess of them and grill them on charcoal. Sauce - the wing sauce I've been making lately is basically bottled wing sauce (Franks) and a hunk of real blue cheese crumbled up in it. Got a little bored with that so I used the same wing sauce base, put about a half cup of chopped garlic in and probably about a half cup of curry.

Jesus F. Christ on a stick they were good...

And, I made her sangria - gummy bear sangria. Basically soak gummy bears in vodka and make the rest of the sangria like any other. Now we've been married for over 23 years and I've only seen her drunk once, on our honeymoon. She'll usually have a beer or two pretty much every day but rarely gets even a little tuned in. She wasn't rip-roaring drunk but well on her way. Wouldn't shut up, kept babbling. :laugh: At one point she asked me for another glass of "drunky bears".

Baba Booey
09-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah, almost forgot - the salad.

Local tomatoes were in so I got some of them, put a mess of chopped garlic in there too, fresh chopped green onions, cut some radishes up in there, some oregano, salt and pepper. Lots of pepper.

That was awesome too.

Abbey Marie
09-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Well, aside from the JC comment, I have to say, I am impressed! Yes, she does sound pretty lucky.

Gummy bear Sangria should be illegal.

(can I have some?)

Jeff
09-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Had a busy weekend planned at home, pressure washed the decks which is a chore, we have huge decks.

Anyway, Saturday I notice the local grocery has fresh chicken wings. Huge ones too, they look great so I get a mess of them and grill them on charcoal. Sauce - the wing sauce I've been making lately is basically bottled wing sauce (Franks) and a hunk of real blue cheese crumbled up in it. Got a little bored with that so I used the same wing sauce base, put about a half cup of chopped garlic in and probably about a half cup of curry.

Jesus F. Christ on a stick they were good...

And, I made her sangria - gummy bear sangria. Basically soak gummy bears in vodka and make the rest of the sangria like any other. Now we've been married for over 23 years and I've only seen her drunk once, on our honeymoon. She'll usually have a beer or two pretty much every day but rarely gets even a little tuned in. She wasn't rip-roaring drunk but well on her way. Wouldn't shut up, kept babbling. :laugh: At one point she asked me for another glass of "drunky bears".

Dude ya had to get her drunk on your Honeymoon ??? :laugh:

Seriously sounds like a good weekend.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-07-2014, 10:23 PM
My wife does more than just tell me that, she proves it every day and night.
And it aint bragging iffin' its true!! :laugh:

And it is... --Tyr

gabosaurus
09-07-2014, 10:50 PM

Does your wife agree with you when she is sober? :poke:

Redrose
09-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Oh yeah, almost forgot - the salad.

Local tomatoes were in so I got some of them, put a mess of chopped garlic in there too, fresh chopped green onions, cut some radishes up in there, some oregano, salt and pepper. Lots of pepper.

That was awesome too.

My hubby can't boil water, but he knows what I love for dinner......a menu. Lol