PDA

View Full Version : Life Alert Commercials?

tailfins
09-08-2014, 08:11 AM
What should it tell you if most of the TV shows you watch have Life Alert commercials?

NightTrain
09-08-2014, 08:14 AM
I thought about that, too.

I wouldn't worry about it... I was 30 years old and seeing those stupid ads on my favorite channels.

They're kind of a scammy company, too, from the reviews I've read about them. Not as bad as Video Professor, but underhanded nevertheless.

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 08:17 AM
TV is a waste of time. There are better entertainment options out there.

I got rid of my TV's a couple years ago and never once looked back.

Gaffer
09-08-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm trying to figure out how large the population of catheter users is to warrant TV commercials. Why do pharmaceutical companies advertise medicine that you need a prescription for? Especially when there is a long list of side effects and allergy problems. Tell your doctor if you have any ........ (long list). Excuse me? Your doctor should already know about any .....

Have we become a nation of hypochondriacs?

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm trying to figure out how large the population of catheter users is to warrant TV commercials. Why do pharmaceutical companies advertise medicine that you need a prescription for? Especially when there is a long list of side effects and allergy problems. Tell your doctor if you have any ........ (long list). Excuse me? Your doctor should already know about any .....

We've become a nation of sheep.

Big pharma basically scares people into buying their drugs. Your government supports it - and vice versa.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 08:44 AM

Don't forget the class action lawsuits for anything and everything commercials in between the pharmaceutical company commercials.

"If you or a loved one has died from ..."

If I tell you I died would you quit running your commercial on MY tube?:laugh:

Baba Booey
09-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Don't forget the class action lawsuits for anything and everything commercials in between the pharmaceutical company commercials.

"If you or a loved one has died from ..."

If I tell you I died would you quit running your commercial on MY tube?:laugh:

I dig the commercials that say basically on the order "if you've ever experienced any of the following symptoms, call us today: coughing, sneezing, itchy ball, death"

:laugh:

lol! "Hi, is this Dewey, Cheathum and Howe? Well, someone killed me the other day and I want to sue the fuck out of them".

Gunny
09-08-2014, 09:02 AM
I dig the commercials that say basically on the order "if you've ever experienced any of the following symptoms, call us today: coughing, sneezing, itchy ball, death"

:laugh:

lol! "Hi, is this Dewey, Cheathum and Howe? Well, someone killed me the other day and I want to sue the fuck out of them".

I love the mesothelioma ones the best. I was in the Marine Corps (on Navy ships). Grew up in a house with asbestos shingles. And I'm now a construction worker.

Probably get hit by a bus.:laugh:

fj1200
09-09-2014, 09:16 AM
What should it tell you if most of the TV shows you watch have Life Alert commercials?

Try being a golf fan without ED. :eek:

NightTrain
09-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Try being a golf fan without ED. :eek:

And let's not forget those riveting Term Life Insurance & Reverse Mortgage commercials!

I knew I wasn't normal when those ads specifically targeting a much older age bracket were all I would see.

Well, and Sharon told me I wasn't normal, too. That was part of my Eureka Moment as I was cursing Billy Mays while he bellowed at me through my TV.

fj1200
09-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Term Life for 80-year olds. "You weren't smart with money your whole life so why start now? Call us today."

Gunny
09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
And let's not forget those riveting Term Life Insurance & Reverse Mortgage commercials!

I knew I wasn't normal when those ads specifically targeting a much older age bracket were all I would see.

Well, and Sharon told me I wasn't normal, too. That was part of my Eureka Moment as I was cursing Billy Mays while he bellowed at me through my TV.

How about the "guilt trip" commercials?

Alysa Milano making it sound like only YOU can save this animal (worst animals they could find in the back ground -- tear-jerk music playing) for a dollar a day.

Followed closely by Foster Brooks making it sound like only YOU can this child (poor, woebegone waif in tears being superimposed over an obvious film of Brooks) for a dollar a day. And I'm thinking, Foster, you don't look like you've missed too many meals. If you went on a diet you could feed 10 kids with what was left over.

Gaffer
09-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Let's not forget William Devane selling gold. According to him he's filthy rich, so why is he selling gold?

Gunny
09-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Let's not forget William Devane selling gold. According to him he's filthy rich, so why is he selling gold?

I hate to say this because I KNOW what will happen next ... but I don't think I've seen that one.:laugh:

Gaffer
09-09-2014, 09:44 AM
I do get a kick out of most of the Gieco commercials. As long as they don't over play them. Make me laugh and I might listen to what you have to say, otherwise I just tune you out.

Commercials are for pee breaks and getting something to eat.

Gaffer
09-09-2014, 09:45 AM
I hate to say this because I KNOW what will happen next ... but I don't think I've seen that one.:laugh:

You don't watch enough FOX news.

NightTrain
09-09-2014, 09:56 AM

Alysa Milano making it sound like only YOU can save this animal (worst animals they could find in the back ground -- tear-jerk music playing) for a dollar a day.

Hate em! Who the hell wants to see some poor pitbull puppy that was abused? Or a starving kitten?

Followed closely by Foster Brooks making it sound like only YOU can this child (poor, woebegone waif in tears being superimposed over an obvious film of Brooks) for a dollar a day. And I'm thinking, Foster, you don't look like you've missed too many meals. If you went on a diet you could feed 10 kids with what was left over.

The one that really got my goat was that fat fucker doing the Christian Children's Fund or something like that. Had to be a 60 second spot with those starving kids and that fat bastard guilt tripping people to send a dollar a day and you'd get a nice letter from Maria.

The only one worse than that one was Sally Struthers. I can still hear her whining about those poor starving children, and you just knew her daily twinkie intake would feed a village of Ethiopians. That campaign died down pretty fast when South Park cast her as Jabba the Hutt and it turned out she was eating all the food donations.

Gunny
09-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Hate em! Who the hell wants to see some poor pitbull puppy that was abused? Or a starving kitten?

The one that really got my goat was that fat fucker doing the Christian Children's Fund or something like that. Had to be a 60 second spot with those starving kids and that fat bastard guilt tripping people to send a dollar a day and you'd get a nice letter from Maria.

The only one worse than that one was Sally Struthers. I can still hear her whining about those poor starving children, and you just knew her daily twinkie intake would feed a village of Ethiopians. That campaign died down pretty fast when South Park cast her as Jabba the Hutt and it turned out she was eating all the food donations.

Damn, and I thought I hated them. :laugh:

Shadow
09-09-2014, 01:11 PM

That dumb bitch does those ads for UNICEF. And they are a pathetic display of her crappy acting abilities too. So Fake. I can't stand her. Remind me to tell you about getting banned from her forums by her mother someday : )

Gunny
09-09-2014, 01:19 PM
That dumb bitch does those ads for UNICEF. And they are a pathetic display of her crappy acting abilities too. So Fake. I can't stand her. Remind me to tell you about getting banned from her forums by her mother someday : )

And you call ME a hardass? :laugh:

I mean ... yes, dear.:angel: