PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what I like?

hjmick
09-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Among other things, a really good marching band. The music, the synchronicity. There's just something about them that makes me smile. For me, a couple of really good marching bands would be more than enough of a halftime show at any Super Bowl. Screw the pop stars and rock bands, give the show to some kids that would truly appreciate the experience...

If this video doesn't make you say "wow," well, then I may lose my hope for humanity...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhGB5Pd3ko8

Olivia
09-08-2014, 05:26 PM
:dunno::dunno::dunno:

jimnyc
09-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Simpsons, Batman, Dragnet... They're good!

I would much rather see something like this at the SB too, or another amateur act of sorts.

Kathianne
09-08-2014, 05:38 PM
I too love marching bands. Spent many a pleasant day watching my god daughter performing in high school.

Abbey Marie
09-08-2014, 07:24 PM
I really miss watching our daughter play trumpet in Marching Band. Especially when she had a solo. When they competed in a band tournament at Giants Stadium, the performance ended with the camera focused on her face on the Jumbo-tron. Now that was a proud moment.

Did anyone see the clip of the Panthers' kicker yesterday who walked right into the middle of the band while it was performing at half time, and made a practice kick. So obnoxious.

Gunny
09-08-2014, 07:45 PM
I really miss watching our daughter play trumpet in Marching Band. Especially when she had a solo. When they competed in a band tournament at Giants Stadium, the performance ended with the camera focused on her face on the Jumbo-tron. Now that was a proud moment.

Did anyone see the clip of the Panthers' kicker yesterday who walked right into the middle of the band while it was performing at half time, and made a practice kick. So obnoxious.

I never did understand what that was about.