PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton and George W. Bush yuk it up

Gunny
09-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Washington (CNN) -- Bill Clinton and George W. Bush sounded like old college buddies when they appeared in Washington on Monday.

You'd never know that Clinton was the candidate who made Bush's father a one-termer, or that Bush ran for office in 2000 promising to restore "honor and dignity to the White House" after Clinton left.
Things are genial now that both men have their presidencies behind them and are focused on their legacies as former presidents. They appeared together on Monday to announce a new leadership program through their respective foundations.
But at times, it appeared the announcement took a back seat to the presidents' relationship. The two former commanders in chief joked with and about each other, told stories about their relationship, and even offered commentary about the number of selfies each is asked to take.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/08/politics/clinton-bush-friendship/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

I found some of this amusing. :)

NightTrain
09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
I've always found it interesting that politicians have the ability to say some pretty harsh things about their counterparts / opponents and a short while later they're clearly getting along fine on a personal level.

Thick skin is an understatement.

I've wondered if a politician that's making a speech and appearing to relish the act of throwing someone under the bus rushes to the telephone afterwards and apologizes for it - "I had to do it, sorry!"... "Hey, no worries, I fucked over your Dad back in '94! Haw Haw!"

Gunny
09-09-2014, 09:38 AM
I've always found it interesting that politicians have the ability to say some pretty harsh things about their counterparts / opponents and a short while later they're clearly getting along fine on a personal level.

Thick skin is an understatement.

I've wondered if a politician that's making a speech and appearing to relish the act of throwing someone under the bus rushes to the telephone afterwards and apologizes for it - "I had to do it, sorry!"... "Hey, no worries, I fucked over your Dad back in '94! Haw Haw!"

:laugh::laugh:

Shadow
09-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Aren't Bill Clinton and George Bush senior big buds now? Seems like I remember them traveling together not to long ago supporting one of the same causes.

Gunny
09-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Aren't Bill Clinton and George Bush senior big buds now? Seems like I remember them traveling together not to long ago supporting one of the same causes.

They were. GWB probably just took senior's place. Travel n stuff is probably easier on GWB.

Notice how none of the three are Jimmy Carter's friend?:laugh:

Shadow
09-09-2014, 12:41 PM
They were. GWB probably just took senior's place. Travel n stuff is probably easier on GWB.

Notice how none of the three are Jimmy Carter's friend?:laugh:
I just remember the story about Clinton sleeping on the floor so that an 80 something George Bush could have the bed in the bus. That Clinton...what a guy.

Gunny
09-09-2014, 12:42 PM
I just remember the story about Clinton sleeping on the floor so that an 80 something George Bush could have the bed in the bus. That Clinton...what a guy.

:laugh:

He's a clown. That's how he got over. But, if he did that, you got to give him props.

Shadow
09-09-2014, 12:45 PM
:laugh:

He's a clown. That's how he got over. But, if he did that, you got to give him props.
I do give him credit for that. It's classy to respect your elders.