PDA

View Full Version : Obama Hits a New Low for Leadership, With Criticism on ISIS and Immigration

Gunny
09-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Barack Obama's rating for strong leadership has dropped to a new low in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, hammered by criticism of his work on international crises and a stalled domestic agenda alike. With the midterm elections looming, Americans by a 10-point margin, 52-42 percent, see his presidency more as a failure than a success.

Just 38 percent now approve of Obama's handling of international affairs, down 8 percentage points since July to a career low; 56 percent disapprove, a majority for the first time. Fifty-two percent say he's been too cautious in dealing with Islamic insurgents in Iraq and Syria. And the public is ahead of Obama in support for a military response to that crisis, with 65 percent in favor of extending U.S. air strikes to Syria.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-hits-low-leadership-criticism-isis-immigration-121016319--abc-news-politics.html

Imagine that.

Shadow
09-09-2014, 01:27 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-hits-low-leadership-criticism-isis-immigration-121016319--abc-news-politics.html

Imagine that.
Makes me wonder about the morons who actually approve.

Gunny
09-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Makes me wonder about the morons who actually approve.

Doesn't make ME wonder about them at all. I think I got them pegged pretty well.:laugh:

Thunderknuckles
09-09-2014, 01:30 PM
There is no doubt that his foreign policy has been abysmal. A few examples:
1. "Lead from behind" policy in Libya
2. The entire Benghazi incident from start to finish. The only person punished for that incident was an amateur film maker who had nothing to do with it.
3. Syria. How is it that Russia out maneuvered the US on a diplomatic solution to Syria's chemical weapons?! Putin 1, Obama 0.
4. Israel. Worst I have ever seen our relations since I was born. We all but turned our back on them over latest attack from Hamas.
5. Crimea. Putin 2, Obama 0.
6. Ukraine. Still playing out but by the looks of it: Putin 3, Obama 0

On immigration, the only reason why people are disappointed is because he backed off granting amnesty to illegals.
So, you can put me in his "Approve" category for that one. Although, I know that will be short lived, as I suspect he is just delaying to get over the mid-term elections before he drops that bomb.

NightTrain
09-09-2014, 02:04 PM
2. The entire Benghazi incident from start to finish. The only person punished for that incident was an amateur film maker who had nothing to do with it.
3. Syria. How is it that Russia out maneuvered the US on a diplomatic solution to Syria's chemical weapons?! Putin 1, Obama 0.
4. Israel. Worst I have ever seen our relations since I was born. We all but turned our back on them over latest attack from Hamas.

On immigration, the only reason why people are disappointed is because he backed off granting amnesty to illegals.
So, you can put me in his "Approve" category for that one. Although, I know that will be short lived, as I suspect he is just delaying to get over the mid-term elections before he drops that bomb.

Yep.

The whole delay on immigration is because the democrats of up for re-election know it will kill them.

So instead of doing what the majority want, they'll hold off, get past the election, then continue doing what they want to do anyway. The DNC knows what's best for us, whether or not we want it.

Drummond
09-09-2014, 02:16 PM

... 7. 'Rapid Reaction Force'. Receiving Obama's fullest support, this extending to mere financial aid (.. a promise of it, anyway ..) :rolleyes:... a few thousand troops will comprise a new 'Rapid Reaction' force, this announced at the NATO Summit last week. This is expected to be up & running by the end of 2015, which will of course give Putin many sleepless nights ... a very great many of them ?? ... before anything might actually HAPPEN ...

By the time it's operational ... Putin 38, Obama's final tally -3.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-11-2014, 08:07 PM

Imagine that.

And the public is ahead of Obama in support for a military response to that crisis, with 65 percent in favor of extending U.S. air strikes to Syria.

And would those airstrikes be to hit the same supposed "Islamic moderates" Obama wanted to arm and support against Assad not very long ago? Why yes it would, now he wants to supposedly hit the very people he and his ilk sought to arm and support with airstrikes not long ago-ISIS..
Can this buffoon get any more clueless, dangerous to our National security?--Tyr

gabosaurus
09-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Isis was created through the political, economic and religious instability that followed the American invasion of Iraq.
Within any terrorist faction, there is a minority that believes the leadership is not going far enough to achieve their goals. It follows the model of Mexican and South American drug cartels, with each successive group becoming more evil and more bloodthirsty.

Groups like Isis welcome conflict. Their goal is for the U.S. to reopen the Iraqi conflict. Each member who dies becomes a martyr that will further publicize their cause.
Drug cartels have sent out violent photos and videos for more than a decade. They do so in an effort to terrorize their enemies into no responding.
Isis wants American troops to come after them. That way, they can pick them off one by one. Which will lead to more hostage taking, more beheading videos and more propaganda.
The best day to deal with Isis is to find out where they are and deal them a massive comprehensive blow. The U.S. and Mexico did such a few years ago. They gathered information for more than a year, then virtually wiped out one of major cartels with a raid.
Boots on the ground need to be replaced with eyes in the sky. I know you guys relish the bloodshed, but it is outdated.

Kathianne
09-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Isis was created through the political, economic and religious instability that followed the American invasion of Iraq.
Within any terrorist faction, there is a minority that believes the leadership is not going far enough to achieve their goals. It follows the model of Mexican and South American drug cartels, with each successive group becoming more evil and more bloodthirsty.

Groups like Isis welcome conflict. Their goal is for the U.S. to reopen the Iraqi conflict. Each member who dies becomes a martyr that will further publicize their cause.
Drug cartels have sent out violent photos and videos for more than a decade. They do so in an effort to terrorize their enemies into no responding.
Isis wants American troops to come after them. That way, they can pick them off one by one. Which will lead to more hostage taking, more beheading videos and more propaganda.
The best day to deal with Isis is to find out where they are and deal them a massive comprehensive blow. The U.S. and Mexico did such a few years ago. They gathered information for more than a year, then virtually wiped out one of major cartels with a raid.
Boots on the ground need to be replaced with eyes in the sky. I know you guys relish the bloodshed, but it is outdated.

Gabby, I've no idea where you garner your information, but your simplified view is appalling.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-wahhabism-saudi-arabia_b_5717157.html

HISTORY RETURNS WITH ISIS

It is not hard to understand how the founding of the Islamic State by ISIS in contemporary Iraq might resonate amongst those who recall this history. Indeed, the ethos of 18th century Wahhabism did not just wither in Nejd, but it roared back into life when the Ottoman Empire collapsed amongst the chaos of World War I.

The Al Saud -- in this 20th century renaissance -- were led by the laconic and politically astute Abd-al Aziz, who, on uniting the fractious Bedouin tribes, launched the Saudi "Ikhwan" in the spirit of Abd-al Wahhab's and Ibn Saud's earlier fighting proselytisers.

The Ikhwan was a reincarnation of the early, fierce, semi-independent vanguard movement of committed armed Wahhabist "moralists" who almost had succeeded in seizing Arabia by the early 1800s. In the same manner as earlier, the Ikhwan again succeeded in capturing Mecca, Medina and Jeddah between 1914 and 1926. Abd-al Aziz, however, began to feel his wider interests to be threatened by the revolutionary "Jacobinism" exhibited by the Ikhwan. The Ikhwan revolted -- leading to a civil war that lasted until the 1930s, when the King had them put down: he machine-gunned them.

For this king, (Abd-al Aziz), the simple verities of previous decades were eroding. Oil was being discovered in the peninsular. Britain and America were courting Abd-al Aziz, but still were inclined to support Sharif Husain as the only legitimate ruler of Arabia. The Saudis needed to develop a more sophisticated diplomatic posture.

So Wahhabism was forcefully changed from a movement of revolutionary jihad (http://www.amazon.com/The-Two-Faces-Islam-Fundamentalism/dp/1400030455)and theological takfiri purification, to a movement of conservative social, political, theological, and religious da'wa (Islamic call) and to justifying the institution that upholds loyalty to the royal Saudi family and the King's absolute power.

OIL WEALTH SPREAD WAHHABISM

namvet
09-13-2014, 09:50 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2ueimms.jpg

gabosaurus
09-13-2014, 12:09 PM
Gabby, I've no idea where you garner your information, but your simplified view is appalling.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-wahhabism-saudi-arabia_b_5717157.html

Modern terrorism might takes its roots from the past, but the structure is entirely modern.
You can't kill a poisonous tree by cutting off the branches. You have to attack the roots.
The Republican solution is to send in troops to cut off as many branches as possible. Since cutting down the branches is inspiring. Trouble is, the branches will regenerate 10 fold and provide a stronger tree.
We can't continue to fight wars using methodology from 10-30 years ago. It is no longer effective. This is why our top-heavy Pentagon bureaucracy needs to retired and replaced by those who understand the modern world.

Gunny
09-13-2014, 02:44 PM

Nope. ISIS is a reaction from the wahabbi's, an extremist sect of Sunni, to decades of repression by a minority shia government that makes all the rules. It's a religious war. It has nothing to do with whether or not we invaded Iraq. It's about a religious schism within the Islamic religion that has existed since the 7th century.

We're just in the middle of it because we can't keep our noses out of others business.

Gunny
09-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Modern terrorism might takes its roots from the past, but the structure is entirely modern.
You can't kill a poisonous tree by cutting off the branches. You have to attack the roots.
The Republican solution is to send in troops to cut off as many branches as possible. Since cutting down the branches is inspiring. Trouble is, the branches will regenerate 10 fold and provide a stronger tree.
We can't continue to fight wars using methodology from 10-30 years ago. It is no longer effective. This is why our top-heavy Pentagon bureaucracy needs to retired and replaced by those who understand the modern world.

This is not the Pentagon's policy. It's your Commander in Chief's. The Pentagon does not make national policy. It carries it out.

aboutime
09-14-2014, 07:33 PM

Okay Gabby. I nominate YOU to take your theory, and proposed methodology over to Iraq, and Syria. Get a personal meeting with members of ISIS, and tell them how YOU and OBAMA understand the modern world so well. Let us know how that works out for you both. By the way. Do you want them to place your beheaded empty brain in a separate box, or in your coffin?