PDA

View Full Version : A Bacon-Jalapeño Grilled Cheese, Made of Waffles That Are Made of Tater Tots

Shadow
09-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Hmmm sounds kinda fattening....yet interesting.

<article itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Article" id="node-3640711" class="node node-article-view">
Tater Tot Waffle Grilled Cheese Recipe

Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1 (2lb) bag frozen tater tots
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4-6 slices bacon
1 large jalapeño, de-seeded and coarsely chopped
8 slices sharp cheddar cheese

Special equipment:

6 1/2-inch round waffle iron

Directions:

Preheat waffle iron to the highest setting.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave tater tots for 4 minutes. Spread half the tots in an even layer on the waffle iron, but really crowd them in there. Sprinkle with half the salt. Close the iron and cook until crisp, following the manufacturer's instructions for timing, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer waffle to a wire rack and make the other waffle with the remaining tots and salt.
While the second waffle cooks, place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add jalapeño to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes in the rendered bacon fat. Transfer jalapeño to the bacon plate.
Don’t remove the second waffle from the iron when it's done. Evenly arrange half the cheese on the waffle and top with bacon and jalapeño. Layer remaining cheese over that and place the first waffle on top. Gently press the waffle iron lid down but not all the way closed. Wait until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes, then flip the whole waffle sandwich over onto a plate.
Cut into four and share. Or eat the whole thing yourself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thrillist/a-bacon-jalapeno-grilled_b_5784680.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

</article>

Gunny
09-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Hmmm sounds kinda fattening....yet interesting.

<article itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Article" id="node-3640711" class="node node-article-view">
Tater Tot Waffle Grilled Cheese Recipe

Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

1 (2lb) bag frozen tater tots
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4-6 slices bacon
1 large jalapeño, de-seeded and coarsely chopped
8 slices sharp cheddar cheese

Special equipment:

6 1/2-inch round waffle iron

Directions:

Preheat waffle iron to the highest setting.
In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave tater tots for 4 minutes. Spread half the tots in an even layer on the waffle iron, but really crowd them in there. Sprinkle with half the salt. Close the iron and cook until crisp, following the manufacturer's instructions for timing, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer waffle to a wire rack and make the other waffle with the remaining tots and salt.
While the second waffle cooks, place bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add jalapeño to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes in the rendered bacon fat. Transfer jalapeño to the bacon plate.
Don’t remove the second waffle from the iron when it's done. Evenly arrange half the cheese on the waffle and top with bacon and jalapeño. Layer remaining cheese over that and place the first waffle on top. Gently press the waffle iron lid down but not all the way closed. Wait until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes, then flip the whole waffle sandwich over onto a plate.
Cut into four and share. Or eat the whole thing yourself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thrillist/a-bacon-jalapeno-grilled_b_5784680.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

</article>

You had me right up to the waffles made of tater tots.

Am I the only person left in the world that likes plain, white bread? :laugh:

Shadow
09-09-2014, 07:43 PM
You had me right up to the waffles made of tater tots.

Am I the only person left in the world that likes plain, white bread? :laugh:

Live dangerously...its waffle day :thumb:

Gunny
09-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Live dangerously...its waffle week. :thumb:

Waffle week? :facepalm99:

This is going to be good, I can tell ... and I'm not talking about the waffles.:laugh:

jimnyc
09-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Crap, now I'm hungry, and I sure as hell ain't going downstairs and making waffles and tater tots!!

Shadow
09-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Waffle week? :facepalm99:

This is going to be good, I can tell ... and I'm not talking about the waffles.:laugh:

Sorry...national waffle day. You quoted before I had a chance to edit lol

Not waffles huh...

Gunny
09-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Sorry...national waffle day. You quoted before I had a chance to edit lol

Not waffles huh...

Not just ANY waffles dear. Waffles made of tater tots ....:laugh:

And you know I don't eat pancakes. Why would I eat waffles? :)

Gunny
09-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Crap, now I'm hungry, and I sure as hell ain't going downstairs and making waffles and tater tots!!

More effort than THAT. You have to make the waffles out of the tater tots. And if your waffles come out of a toaster, I'm not seeing it. :)

Shadow
09-09-2014, 08:21 PM
More effort than THAT. You have to make the waffles out of the tater tots. And if your waffles come out of a toaster, I'm not seeing it. :)

He can make them like a bacon ,tater tot, jalapeno taco. :thumb:

Gunny
09-09-2014, 08:25 PM
He can make them like a bacon ,tater tot, jalapeno taco. :thumb:

Ever hear that Sesame Street song "One of These Things Is Not Like the Other .."?

I'd point at the tater tots EVERY time. :)

Shadow
09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Ever hear that Sesame Street song "One of These Things Is Not Like the Other .."?

I'd point at the tater tots EVERY time. :)

There is something wrong with you. How can a redneck not like pancakes OR tater tots?

Gunny
09-09-2014, 08:34 PM
There is something wrong with you. How can a redneck not like pancakes OR tater tots?

I never claimed there wasn't something wrong with me, dear.:joy4:

I said I don't eat pancakes. I didn't say I didn't like them. I'll eat tater tots. My point here is the combination. ;)

And what is up with making waffles out of everything nowadays? And it's like, "Let's see if we can make a waffle more disgusting than the last one ..."

Shadow
09-09-2014, 08:36 PM
I never claimed there wasn't something wrong with me, dear.:joy4:

I said I don't eat pancakes. I didn't say I didn't like them. I'll eat tater tots. My point here is the combination. ;)

And what is up with making waffles out of everything nowadays? And it's like, "Let's see if we can make a waffle more disgusting than the last one ..."

Watching your boyish figure??

I guess chicken and waffles are out of the question too then huh. :laugh:

Gunny
09-09-2014, 08:40 PM
Watching your boyish figure??

I guess chicken and waffles are out of the question too then huh. :laugh:

Chicken and waffles just sounds gross to me. Yuck.

And I don't seem to be hearing any complaints from you about my "boyish" figure. ;)

Shadow
09-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Chicken and waffles just sounds gross to me. Yuck.

And I don't seem to be hearing any complaints from you about my "boyish" figure. ;)

Who's complaining?

:hitit:;)

Gunny
09-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Who's complaining?

:hitit:;)

:banana: