PDA

View Full Version : Kids from Ferguson

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 05:58 AM
Disgusting.

---

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=3cc77ab1c5b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Although many red-blooded Americans would like to see racism completely overcome, it seems that some are intent on keeping it around just a little while longer. Using it as a crutch, a recent video that is ticking off Conservatives nationwide has gone to further the mentality of the entitled all the while blaming — you guessed it — white people for their problems.

The message came about where a Liberal leaning organization spoon-fed child actors to say and act how they saw best fit to get across their message. In a video called “Hey White People,” a few blacks from Ferguson decided they’d try to set the record straight all the while pointing the finger at anyone but themselves.

Spewing half-baked facts designed to get across their message, the race baiting was long and frustrating for viewers being attacked for simply being white. However, the fact of the matter is that this is yet another attempt to excuse the acts of those who wish to act in a manner not deemed appropriate by society, all the while leaning upon the suffering of their ancestors to do so.

Adding a touch of comedy to the underlying tone of the video, The Gateway Pundit (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/ferguson-kids-release-hey-white-people-video-to-fight-racism-hawk-t-shirts-video/)states:

The first rule of race-hustling… Never look inside your own community for change.
The second rule of race-hustling… Always blame whitey.
The third rule of race-hustling… Make some greenbacks.

The children on the video are heard saying several pompous things, all of which are aimed at justifying the racist acts of their “brothers” saying:

“We just want an equal shot in life, not to be shot to death.”

“Just because Beyoncé is on your playlist and you voted for Obama, doesn’t mean that our generation has seen the end of racist drama.”

“Employers don’t even have to see the color of our skin for the discrimination to begin. Resumes with ‘black sounding’ names like Tanisha and Tyron are 50% less likely to get called in for a job interview than the exact same resumes with white sounding names.”

Kid Mocking White Person: “Some of my best friends are black.” Kid Sarcastically Holding Cookie: “You get a cookie!”

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d18_1410313047#G1E4ZWDMk36OTCYc.99

Jeff
09-10-2014, 06:54 AM
I couldn't get through the entire video, yes of course we all know that some teach there kids to be racist ( and that is just what they are doing here ) but knowing and seeing are 2 different things. I wonder, those nice new Tee shirts the kids where wearing, I wonder what store they where looted from, Now I know there is at least one Lib saying dam was that racist, not at all, the same people that would teach there kids racism are the ones that where going school shopping with a brick .

darin
09-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Worst part - anyone with white skin who talksHONESTLY about race is labeled and condemned as a Racist.

revelarts
09-10-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm going to try this, just for a minute.
No name calling or accusations... on my part at least.
Jim i'm not sure if your post is just quoting someone else or if those are your words in this line
"The children on the video are heard saying several pompous things, all of which are aimed at justifying the racist acts of their “brothers”"

please give me the time in the vid where the kids are telling their ""bothers"" they are now justified in committing "racist acts".
and please define what exactly are the "racist acts" they are justifying.

and as far as being pompous is concerned. whats pompous about repeating lines that SOME white people have in fact used as justification to dismiss or downplay racist behavior in themselves or others?

The quotes are real correct? I've heard a few myself.

Jim you seem to deny all of what the video said... without watching it all you admit.

you say or quote that many conservatives and other whites are upset, and some here say that what the video does is teach blacks kids to BE RACIST.
Is the very fact of saying that some whites are racist and there's still discrimination, here and there, teaching racism??? really?

If so, is the right thing to do to completely IGNORE that side of it
and ONLY ever focus on the BLACK side?
please answer that question.

because that's the impression i get from all the outrage and accusations.
that's the ONLY impression i get, seriously.
Blacks should NEVER mention racism because that it self is racist and they should just work on their own problems. Period.
is that what you are saying?
Yes or no.
That's what i get here.
As well as the idea that you think the kids in the video are themselves thieves and looters because they have on new shirts.

And BTW should whites assume that because blacks mention race that blacks NEVER want to take responsibility?
How does that follow ... logically that is.
If your driving and say, the road has ice patches on it, does it follow that you don't also take responsibility to use your best driving skills under the conditions. Or is mentioning the ice a co-op out that you should never speak of?
I just want to be clear on what it seems like being said.

On the responsibility end,
ok, I think many blacks have shared 'on youtube' and elsewhere that black kids need to, stay in school, work hard, stop having babies, don't do drugs, go to college, stay out of trouble, etc etc. I think you can find those youtubes as well, in the form of seminars, workshops, training, as well any number of offline programs set up by black orgs, public, private and church on that mission daily.
does that count as "taking responsibility".
yes or no?

Are conservatives and many whites "happy" about those videos, and programs?
Are they "Pompous"? "teaching racism" if they mention in the midst of the training that the children may... at some points in life... run into a white person who's racist and have to maneuver accordingly.
Is that a crazy idea? That a black person MIGHT ONE DAY in the course of their daily life encounter a person that won't give them the job, recommendation, sale, offer, table, friendship, time of day, that may call them any number of slurs and/or falsely accuse them of any number of offenses or criminal acts?

Or should blacks assume it will never happen,
and NEVER bring it up to each other,
and certainly NEVER bring it up to white people generally.
because that'd be "racist"?

I won't get into a back and forth here, unless you'd like me to.
but i'd like a few strait answers to a few of the questions.

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Rev, I wrote "disgusting" and that was all, then the --- dashes, and everything underneath that is from the link at the bottom. Honestly, not even sure I read the whole thing. I just saw children being put in front of a camera and being brought into a conversation about race, and pointing at white people. I don't think that's a good thing to stick in these kids heads. And yes, if this video was white kids talking the same about black folks, my stance would be the same.

We can have tons of discussions here about race. We are adults. I just don't think kids should be brought into a discussion as they were, and used as little tools.

Gunny
09-10-2014, 08:51 AM
Rev, I wrote "disgusting" and that was all, then the --- dashes, and everything underneath that is from the link at the bottom. Honestly, not even sure I read the whole thing. I just saw children being put in front of a camera and being brought into a conversation about race, and pointing at white people. I don't think that's a good thing to stick in these kids heads. And yes, if this video was white kids talking the same about black folks, my stance would be the same.

We can have tons of discussions here about race. We are adults. I just don't think kids should be brought into a discussion as they were, and used as little tools.

Too much money being made from keeping racism alive. These people crying they want it stop make money from hate every bit as much as Hamas does war, and neither would have jobs if the perception of hate was to go away.

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Too much money being made from keeping racism alive. These people crying they want it stop make money from hate every bit as much as Hamas does war, and neither would have jobs if the perception of hate was to go away.

In this instance I was upset that they used children to make their point. Both white and black children, they should be being taught other things, to bring communities together, not to point fingers and make accusations, however slight.

revelarts
09-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Jim, but what you posted wasn't about "bringing kids into the conversation" at all.
you posted a whole article that never addresses that in but in passing in 4 words in your quote.

so are you now saying that you disagree with the bulk of comments in the article you posted?

and you did say something about you thought the kids were looters though that's gone now.

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Jim, but what you posted wasn't about "bringing kids into the conversation" at all.
you posted a whole article that never addresses that in but in passing in 4 words in your quote.

so are you now saying that you disagree with the bulk of comments in the article you posted?

and you did say something about you thought the kids were looters though that gone now.

What I posted was the video, and the video was what disturbed me. For background, I posted what the uploader posted. As with ANY article I post, MY comments are my comments, and theirs are theirs. I will make it clear with my own comments. Their comments are part of a story. You can ASK me if I agree with certain things if you like, instead of accusing me of anything. :)

I posted NOTHING at all about looters in this thread. I have no idea where you are getting that from. No way I'm going to say they are looters. MY whole thing is feeling bad that they are getting children involved in this shit, so why would I turn around and disparage them?

But if you like, you can ask me about the ONE WORD I did post. :)

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 09:13 AM

and you did say something about you thought the kids were looters though that's gone now.

Look at post #2, Jeff mentioned something about the kids having looted shirts. Is that what you're referring to perhaps?

Gunny
09-10-2014, 09:15 AM
In this instance I was upset that they used children to make their point. Both white and black children, they should be being taught other things, to bring communities together, not to point fingers and make accusations, however slight.

But so does Hamas. The use them as shields, then when they killed, cry foul to the media. The correlation is there.

It sucks that they do it, but these self-interest groups really have no scruples, and if you accuse them what they are doing, they cry racism and censorship.

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 09:19 AM
But so does Hamas. The use them as shields, then when they killed, cry foul to the media. The correlation is there.

It sucks that they do it, but these self-interest groups really have no scruples, and if you accuse them what they are doing, they cry racism and censorship.

No doubt, no doubt. In fact, I said solely "disgusting", and I further clarified those statements, but methinks "someone" in this thread is convinced in outing me as a racist for posting this. :)

revelarts
09-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Look at post #2, Jeff mentioned something about the kids having looted shirts. Is that what you're referring to perhaps?

my apologies.

revelarts
09-10-2014, 09:29 AM
What I posted was the video, and the video was what disturbed me. For background, I posted what the uploader posted. As with ANY article I post, MY comments are my comments, and theirs are theirs. I will make it clear with my own comments. Their comments are part of a story. You can ASK me if I agree with certain things if you like, instead of accusing me of anything. :)

I posted NOTHING at all about looters in this thread. I have no idea where you are getting that from. No way I'm going to say they are looters. MY whole thing is feeling bad that they are getting children involved in this shit, so why would I turn around and disparage them?

But if you like, you can ask me about the ONE WORD I did post. :)

well if Jim don't want to say, anything else about it i'm not going to push it.
but i do get the impression that there more to it. however i suppose i should assume the best.
And it'd be nice if someone would address my post asking the Article's writer various questions on his position.

seems everyone's talking AROUND the jist of the article,
we're all adults here correct?

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 01:43 PM
but i do get the impression that there more to it. however i suppose i should assume the best.
And it'd be nice if someone would address my post asking the Article's writer various questions on his position.

Fwiw, the part at the bottom of the video is from - http://madworldnews.com/entitled-white-people-video/ and he apparently references the Gateway Pundit. I honestly posted it and based my comments on what I saw in the video. If you would like me to answer your questions, I will, just gimme a few as you like to ask a lot! :)

jimnyc
09-10-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm going to try this, just for a minute.
No name calling or accusations... on my part at least.
Jim i'm not sure if your post is just quoting someone else or if those are your words in this line
"The children on the video are heard saying several pompous things, all of which are aimed at justifying the racist acts of their “brothers”"

Just for clarification again, my post WAS quoting someone else.

I do think the kids were made out to sound a bit pompous, but I also believe every bit of it was asked of them.

please give me the time in the vid where the kids are telling their ""bothers"" they are now justified in committing "racist acts".
and please define what exactly are the "racist acts" they are justifying. and as far as being pompous is concerned. whats pompous about repeating lines that SOME white people have in fact used as justification to dismiss or downplay racist behavior in themselves or others?

I obviously did not see the kids telling that to their brothers, nor anything about justification. I don't think the kids had a clue about any "racist acts", although there have been some by adults on both sides IN Ferguson and in discussions.

The quotes are real correct? I've heard a few myself.

Jim you seem to deny all of what the video said... without watching it all you admit.

I think you know this, or do by now, but I denied nothing, I posted a video because I thought it disgusting to use kids as a tool. Imagine these kids - black or white - being taught this at school. I would have my son removed if they had him a part of that. And if not acceptable in school, it certainly shouldn't be accepted as something being distributed as a viral video.

you say or quote that many conservatives and other whites are upset, and some here say that what the video does is teach blacks kids to BE RACIST.
Is the very fact of saying that some whites are racist and there's still discrimination, here and there, teaching racism??? really?

I don't think "the very fact of saying" is racist, not at all. But I HAVE seen many black folks taught to be racist, just as I have seen on the white side.

If so, is the right thing to do to completely IGNORE that side of it
and ONLY ever focus on the BLACK side?
please answer that question.

No, both sides should get equal attention on racial matters.

because that's the impression i get from all the outrage and accusations.
that's the ONLY impression i get, seriously.
Blacks should NEVER mention racism because that it self is racist and they should just work on their own problems. Period.
is that what you are saying?
Yes or no.

Not at all, since I didn't write it. They are free to be as vocal as any other race or discriminated people - I just don't think using kids as tools to get out your message is appropriate.

That's what i get here.
As well as the idea that you think the kids in the video are themselves thieves and looters because they have on new shirts.

I think we covered this. I said no such thing. That was my racist brother! LOL (we need an under the bus smilie!)

And BTW should whites assume that because blacks mention race that blacks NEVER want to take responsibility?
How does that follow ... logically that is.
If your driving and say, the road has ice patches on it, does it follow that you don't also take responsibility to use your best driving skills under the conditions. Or is mentioning the ice a co-op out that you should never speak of?
I just want to be clear on what it seems like being said.

Neither whites or blacks should assume anything about one or the other.

On the responsibility end,
ok, I think many blacks have shared 'on youtube' and elsewhere that black kids need to, stay in school, work hard, stop having babies, don't do drugs, go to college, stay out of trouble, etc etc. I think you can find those youtubes as well, in the form of seminars, workshops, training, as well any number of offline programs set up by black orgs, public, private and church on that mission daily.
does that count as "taking responsibility".
yes or no?

Absolutely yes. BUT, it's actions that speak louder than words. Someone took responsibility to make the videos and such, now the receiver needs to utilize what they have learned to take responsibility themselves. I'm not saying they do or they don't, just that it's how it should be. I won't speak as a whole - but if someone learns and follows, great on them!! But if they ignore it, or watch it and then do the opposite, not responsible. And, those things apply to white folks too.

Are conservatives and many whites "happy" about those videos, and programs?
Are they "Pompous"? "teaching racism" if they mention in the midst of the training that the children may... at some points in life... run into a white person who's racist and have to maneuver accordingly.
Is that a crazy idea? That a black person MIGHT ONE DAY in the course of their daily life encounter a person that won't give them the job, recommendation, sale, offer, table, friendship, time of day, that may call them any number of slurs and/or falsely accuse them of any number of offenses or criminal acts?

I think it's great that others want to take action to help improve communities, so yes, I guess that's a happy. Pompous? If they start of with "Hey white people" and teach them solely about racism, and use kids to deliver their speech in the same manner - yes. But if they focus on the things you mentioned above, of course not. And even discussing it and learning from the things in the video is cool, I just don't think children should be used as pawns.

Or should blacks assume it will never happen,
and NEVER bring it up to each other,
and certainly NEVER bring it up to white people generally.
because that'd be "racist"?

Nope, it WILL happen. And bringing it up to one another, especially within the family (parenting) is something I would expect. But imagine an identical video - "HEY BLACK PEOPLE" - and then little white kids talking for a few minutes about crime around the nation and the prison system.

I won't get into a back and forth here, unless you'd like me to.
but i'd like a few strait answers to a few of the questions.

I think I answered all of them, even though I didn't write the article, and I feel like you are trying to goad me into saying something racist. :)

Jeff
09-11-2014, 05:02 AM

Rev kids don't know racism, put 4 kids on a playground 2 black and 2 white and what do ya have, 4 kids playing, now add the adults pushing racism and then you have this video

jimnyc
09-11-2014, 07:46 AM
Rev, you were rather gung-ho about someone/me/anyone replying to your questions. Did I pass your racism test? :poke: :)

revelarts
09-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Rev, you were rather gung-ho about someone/me/anyone replying to your questions. ...

Well Jim you say you didn't necessarily agree with article you posted.
I'm not sure how someone is suppose to take that article with a one word comment "disgusting"
but as agreement with the content, but OK..

I guess, my apologies for mistaking what you posted for your view. thanks for clearing it up.

jimnyc
09-11-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure how someone is suppose to take that article with a one word comment "disgusting"

As I've stated several times now, my comment was in reference solely to the video.

PixieStix
09-13-2014, 12:47 PM
The first 3 second was all I needed to understand our children are being indoctrinated to hate.

Using children for an agenda, especially a political, one is abhorrent. And is a sin at the highest order

Born2DecadesLate
09-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Disgusting.

---

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=3cc77ab1c5b4" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Although many red-blooded Americans would like to see racism completely overcome, it seems that some are intent on keeping it around just a little while longer. Using it as a crutch, a recent video that is ticking off Conservatives nationwide has gone to further the mentality of the entitled all the while blaming — you guessed it — white people for their problems.

The message came about where a Liberal leaning organization spoon-fed child actors to say and act how they saw best fit to get across their message. In a video called “Hey White People,” a few blacks from Ferguson decided they’d try to set the record straight all the while pointing the finger at anyone but themselves.

Spewing half-baked facts designed to get across their message, the race baiting was long and frustrating for viewers being attacked for simply being white. However, the fact of the matter is that this is yet another attempt to excuse the acts of those who wish to act in a manner not deemed appropriate by society, all the while leaning upon the suffering of their ancestors to do so.

Adding a touch of comedy to the underlying tone of the video, The Gateway Pundit (http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/ferguson-kids-release-hey-white-people-video-to-fight-racism-hawk-t-shirts-video/)states:

The first rule of race-hustling… Never look inside your own community for change.
The second rule of race-hustling… Always blame whitey.
The third rule of race-hustling… Make some greenbacks.

The children on the video are heard saying several pompous things, all of which are aimed at justifying the racist acts of their “brothers” saying:

“We just want an equal shot in life, not to be shot to death.”

“Just because Beyoncé is on your playlist and you voted for Obama, doesn’t mean that our generation has seen the end of racist drama.”

“Employers don’t even have to see the color of our skin for the discrimination to begin. Resumes with ‘black sounding’ names like Tanisha and Tyron are 50% less likely to get called in for a job interview than the exact same resumes with white sounding names.”

Kid Mocking White Person: “Some of my best friends are black.” Kid Sarcastically Holding Cookie: “You get a cookie!”

Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d18_1410313047#G1E4ZWDMk36OTCYc.99

As if anyone believes blacks are applying for jobs up in Ferguson, MO.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-16-2014, 09:02 PM
No doubt, no doubt. In fact, I said solely "disgusting", and I further clarified those statements, but methinks "someone" in this thread is convinced in outing me as a racist for posting this. :)

No Jim...

You haven't been out-ed as a racist until fj does it. :laugh:

And does it by verifying that citing facts is racist! -:rofl1:

That is the big kicker.... the new gestapo teach how to shut down those that dare cite facts ...--Tyr