PDA

View Full Version : Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

BoogyMan
09-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Adam was not favored, he was punished just as Eve was. Genesis 3:15-19

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; in the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Your entire premise is faulty and without basis.

Gunny
09-10-2014, 12:36 PM

I was going to go with the dumb guy listening to a woman thing ...:laugh:

BoogyMan
09-10-2014, 12:52 PM

snicker...

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-10-2014, 02:08 PM

You are quite wrong and just looking at the consequences for both shows clearly that Eve got a raw deal. Eve is treated more poorly than Adam is in this myth of yours. Don't bother wondering why. It is beyond your pay scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqN8EYIIR3g&feature=related

Regards
DL

Gunny
09-10-2014, 02:33 PM
You are quite wrong and just looking at the consequences for both shows clearly that Eve got a raw deal. Eve is treated more poorly than Adam is in this myth of yours. Don't bother wondering why. It is beyond your pay scale.

Regards
DL

Seems to me they BOTH got the same punishment. Death.

Abbey Marie
09-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Oh, look who's back. Our resident Christian-phobic.

Boo!

NightTrain
09-10-2014, 03:09 PM
You have to wonder about the mindset of someone that runs around the internet looking to destroy people's faith.

The avatar is quite fitting.

Abbey Marie
09-10-2014, 05:17 PM
You have to wonder about the mindset of someone that runs around the internet looking to destroy people's faith.

You said it, NT.

BoogyMan
09-10-2014, 06:21 PM

Regards
DL

You simply having said so doesn't make the case. The text quite clearly shows they were both punished and rightly so as they had previously been instructed how to live and chose to ignore the instruction.

I am shocked that you are not whining about how poorly the serpent was treated.

gabosaurus
09-10-2014, 08:17 PM
You are quite wrong and just looking at the consequences for both shows clearly that Eve got a raw deal. Eve is treated more poorly than Adam is in this myth of yours.

This is where you are wrong. Both sexes were equally punished.
Adam's indiscretions led to God making women smarter than men.
Women were punished by becoming second class citizens who survived by their wits.

Noir
09-11-2014, 03:37 AM
Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Sadly teachings like this are still being shared.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Seems to me they BOTH got the same punishment. Death.

Sure but after a long life of Eve being Adam's slave.

You see that as fair punishment do you? Especially since Adam was the real cause of the fall.
He is the one who is charged with disobedience. Not Eve.

Regards
DL

I know I speak to a fool when all he can talk about is an avatar.

Matthew 10:16 (KJV)

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”

“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths.

Regards
DL

You simply having said so doesn't make the case. The text quite clearly shows they were both punished and rightly so as they had previously been instructed how to live and chose to ignore the instruction.

I am shocked that you are not whining about how poorly the serpent was treated.

Ah, you do know he wasn't and want to chat of it. Ok.

Was it not treated fairly?

Was it under supernatural control? If so, did it deserve any punishment?

Regards
DL

This is where you are wrong. Both sexes were equally punished.
Adam's indiscretions led to God making women smarter than men.
Women were punished by becoming second class citizens who survived by their wits.

I tend to agree with you on women being smarter than men.

Note all the foolish male remarks here from men who believe in angels, demons and talking animals.

Regard
DL

Sadly teachings like this are still being shared.

Indeed.

By so call moral men.

Regards
DL

Gunny
09-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Sure but after a long life of Eve being Adam's slave.

You see that as fair punishment do you? Especially since Adam was the real cause of the fall.
He is the one who is charged with disobedience. Not Eve.

Regards
DL

She wasn't his slave. And HE had to toil in the fields for the rest of his days. The punishment was equal. Death.

darin
09-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Guys. The CORRECT answer is:

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Usually Canadians are much more friendly and less condescending, but I have run across some weird ones.

Tell you what, Gnostic Christian Bishop : I'll pray for you and your salvation.

You'll feel it working in your life.

Even people like you can be saved.

If you provide a mailing address, I'll mail you a bible so that you can find peace and comfort in it's teachings.

Please report back and let us know how the prayers you're now receiving are affecting your life on a personal level. The positive events and Good Thoughts that pop into your head will start small, but you'll notice them. That's God and the prayers working to help you.

God Bless! :thumb:

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-11-2014, 11:36 AM
She wasn't his slave. And HE had to toil in the fields for the rest of his days. The punishment was equal. Death.

But not before death.

You ignoring that fact shows how your morals have been corrupted by your religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOfzN8ZTAM

Regards
DL

Guys. The CORRECT answer is:

WHO GIVES A SHIT?

All those who believe in equality. Do you?

Regards
DL

Usually Canadians are much more friendly and less condescending, but I have run across some weird ones.

Tell you what, Gnostic Christian Bishop : I'll pray for you and your salvation.

You'll feel it working in your life.

Even people like you can be saved.

If you provide a mailing address, I'll mail you a bible so that you can find peace and comfort in it's teachings.

Please report back and let us know how the prayers you're now receiving are affecting your life on a personal level. The positive events and Good Thoughts that pop into your head will start small, but you'll notice them. That's God and the prayers working to help you.

God Bless! :thumb:

God never condemned me.

What have you done to be condemned and what makes you think God listens to prayers from those with morals like yours?

Regards
DL

jimnyc
09-11-2014, 11:42 AM

Your crap has NOTHING to do with equality. You just want to skip around the internet and try to troll Christians. If it WERE about equality, you would be all over Islam and how so many women are treated in Islamic countries. But for whatever reason, you concentrate solely on Christians. That's cool with me, whatever floats your boat. But at least own up to what you write, instead of trying to claim it has something to do with equality. Your end goal is to troll and offend. I believe in freedom of speech, so that's cool too. But you're transparent. You think you're smart, but live off of youtube videos, as your own words can't stand on their own.

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 11:44 AM
God never condemned me.

What have you done to be condemned and what makes you think God listens to prayers from those with morals like yours?

Regards
DL

Can you feel it working? Got that odd good thought popping into your mind unbidden? Feel suddenly a little bit better?

Jesus loves you.

So do I.

I'll bet even Gunny loves you.

jimnyc
09-11-2014, 11:45 AM
Can you feel it working? Got that odd good thought popping into your mind unbidden? Feel suddenly a little bit better?

Jesus loves you.

So do I.

I'll bet even Gunny loves you.

Oooh! OOh!! Ask me!!

I don't love him. I think he can kindly go fuck himself. :)

Gunny
09-11-2014, 11:45 AM
But not before death.

You ignoring that fact shows how your morals have been corrupted by your religion.

Regards
DL

That's just plain stupid. Whether or not YOU like it, YOUR morals are Judeo-Christian. THAT is the basis of Western morality. Morals are not inherent. They are learned.

But you feel free to believe what you want goof. At least you gave me something to laugh at. :laugh:

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Oooh! OOh!! Ask me!!

Now now, Jim.

Let's help the little fella. He clearly needs our help and Divine Inspiration, and we can help facilitate that.

Gunny
09-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Your crap has NOTHING to do with equality. You just want to skip around the internet and try to troll Christians. If it WERE about equality, you would be all over Islam and how so many women are treated in Islamic countries. But for whatever reason, you concentrate solely on Christians. That's cool with me, whatever floats your boat. But at least own up to what you write, instead of trying to claim it has something to do with equality. Your end goal is to troll and offend. I believe in freedom of speech, so that's cool too. But you're transparent. You think you're smart, but live off of youtube videos, as your own words can't stand on their own.

Now Jim, I think NT is right. We should just pray for this lost soul in hope that God chooses to open his eyes to the light and truth. :)

jimnyc
09-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Now now, Jim.

Let's help the little fella. He clearly needs our help and Divine Inspiration, and we can help facilitate that.

Ok, ok, I'll try harder...

Gnostic, I love you man!! You can even have one of my Bud Lights!! And then after that, you can kindly go fuck yourself!! :)

Gunny
09-11-2014, 11:51 AM

Gnostic, I love you man!! You can even have one of my Bud Lights!! And then after that, you can kindly go fuck yourself!! :)

I'm getting the idea Sunday School wasn't your best subject.:laugh:

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 11:52 AM

Bless your soul!

Gnostic, buddy, got a mailing address for me? Would you prefer a King James Version or some other flavor?

Be honest, can you feel the prayers working for you? I know you do, it's impossible not to.

Pretty wonderful feeling, is it not?

jimnyc
09-11-2014, 11:57 AM

I actually did quite well, all the way through catechism, communion and confirmation!

I don't think laughing at some twits will completely put me into hell, maybe just take me a little longer to reach the pearly gates. It's well worth it. :lol:

Gunny
09-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Bless your soul!

Gnostic, buddy, got a mailing address for me? Would you prefer a King James Version or some other flavor?

Be honest, can you feel the prayers working for you? I know you do, it's impossible not to.

Pretty wonderful feeling, is it not?

Good News For Modern Man. Basically the New Testament in plain, layman's term English. I think it would help him solve this insecurity issue he has with God. :)

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 12:00 PM
And now, let us pray for Gnostic : God's lamb that went astray, and even now is looking longingly at the Light.

Poor little fella just needs a few hugs and prayers.

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Good News For Modern Man. Basically the New Testament in plain, layman's term English. I think it would help him solve this insecurity issue he has with God. :)

I'm researching now to see if there's a Canadian Version.

If there is, that should help Gnostic's transition back into the warm embrace of Jesus and his love for him.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-11-2014, 12:20 PM

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt (file:///C:/quotes/quotes/e/eleanorroo385439.html)

All you had to say was your religion will not let you support equality.

Like Adam, you tried to shift the guilt to any and all others.

Regard
DL

Gunny
09-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt (file:///C:/quotes/quotes/e/eleanorroo385439.html)

Like Adam, you tried to shift the guilt tan and al others.

Regard
DL

Most people who spend so much time trying to disprove God are afraid deep down inside. It's okay though. You should just let go of that fear and embrace Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Your life will never be the same again. :)

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 12:25 PM

Like Adam, you tried to shift the guilt tan and al others.

Regard
DL

We support equality, Gnostic.

Are you feeling uplifted yet? Any warm & fuzzy thoughts?

DLT
09-11-2014, 12:33 PM

Yeah. She probably told him "eat this, or I'll have a permanent headache (no sex)".

You know. The usual. :rofl1:

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Most people who spend so much time trying to disprove God are afraid deep down inside. It's okay though. You should just let go of that fear and embrace Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Your life will never be the same again. :)

I have and wonder why you have not?

Explain your hesitation please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards
DL

DLT
09-11-2014, 12:38 PM

Regards
DL

Actually, one could argue quite the opposite. And....being a female, I do not say this lightly.

For instance.....it was Eve that initiallly transgressed and fell to temptation. She then compounded her sin by encouraging (if not coercing) Adam to follow suit and sin against God's only rule/law for them in the garden. Ergo, she sinned twice, not just the one time as Adam did.

Of course....all of this is pure speculation, including your top post opinion.....since none of us were actually there and the only eye witnesses to what really happened are long dead or omnipotent. And God ain't talkin.....

just yet.

DLT
09-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Hey...at least he offered the guy a beer first. That's Christian-like charity!

Gunny
09-11-2014, 12:44 PM
I have and wonder why you have not?

Explain your hesitation please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards
DL

No hesitation, brother. I accepted Christ into my life a long, LONG time ago. There's no need for me to question it. I have faith. :)

namvet
09-11-2014, 12:46 PM
But not before death.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

God never condemned me.

Regards
DL

how many ancient worlds do you live in?? want some comic books ??

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Gnostic, my brother. If you're hesitant to give out your mailing address for your bible, at least let me give you the addresses of a few local Churches.

There are literally thousands of people right in your community that are willing to help you back into the fold.

I can even arrange a ride for you, if you need one.

Remember, Jesus loves you and is working to help you even now. He will forgive your sins and lift you up into grace.

Help us help you.

Are the prayers working?

namvet
09-11-2014, 12:51 PM

funny how it looks like a reptile

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Actually, one could argue quite the opposite. And....being a female, I do not say this lightly.

For instance.....it was Eve that initiallly transgressed and fell to temptation. She then compounded her sin by encouraging (if not coercing) Adam to follow suit and sin against God's only rule/law for them in the garden. Ergo, she sinned twice, not just the one time as Adam did.

Of course....all of this is pure speculation, including your top post opinion.....since none of us were actually there and the only eye witnesses to what really happened are long dead or omnipotent. And God ain't talkin.....

just yet.

And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

Could Eve resist God's power of deception flowing through Satan or the serpent?

Go said that he gave Satan the power to deceive the whole world.

Why is Adam not a part of the transgression?

" encouraging (if not coercing) Adam to follow suit"

Why are you distorting he story?

Get the quote please.

You are correct in that we have no clue as to what went on in Eden yet that myth has been used by Christianity and Islam to deny women equality forever.

Regards
DL

No hesitation, brother. I accepted Christ into my life a long, LONG time ago. There's no need for me to question it. I have faith. :)

I doubt that or you would be seeking God as Jess says you should and not settling for an immoral second best .

Who is your God if not yourself as Jesus suggests?

Who do you idol worship?

Regards
DL

how many ancient worlds do you live in?? want some comic books ??

I have your bible for fiction. That is all I need.

Regards
DL

Gunny
09-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I doubt that or you would be seeking God as Jess says you should and not settling for an immoral second best .

Who is your God if not yourself as Jesus suggests?

Who do you idol worship?

Regards
DL

There's no immoral second best brother. Through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, who shed his blood so that we may live, will I reach the Kingdom of Heaven. You can too as soon as you let go of your fear. When you place your soul in the hands of Christ, only THEN will you be alive, brother. :)

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Here are a few local Churches for you, Gnostic. This should help you pick a convenient place to regularly worship.

I can't help but note that you've been remiss in indicating which Church you would like to attend, so I've helpfully included different branches.

This first one is the largest one in Ottawa. Beautiful architecture, and Catholic.

Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica, 385 Sussex Drive.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6339&stc=1

This next beauty is St. Albans in Ottawa. Angelican. 454 King Edward Avenue.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6340&stc=1

I know what you're thinking, Gnostic : But, NT, where's a Protestant option?

Here's a convenient Baptist church, the Fourth Avenue Baptist Church. You guessed it, it's located on 4th Ave. 109, to be exact.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6341&stc=1

Want a little Eastern flavor in your salvation, Gnostic? Got you covered, buddy!

Chinese United Church is located on 600 Bank Street.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6342&stc=1

Looks like there's a lot to choose from. There will be a ton of support for you, Gnostic. Martha and I both say 'That's a good thing'.

gabosaurus
09-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Gnostic my friend, read this. There is nothing else to say. :cool:

For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand--with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

1 Peter 3:18-22

tailfins
09-11-2014, 02:33 PM

Gabs communicating information about salvation? Someone must have hacked her account!!

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-11-2014, 02:42 PM
There's no immoral second best brother. Through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, who shed his blood so that we may live, will I reach the Kingdom of Heaven. You can too as soon as you let go of your fear. When you place your soul in the hands of Christ, only THEN will you be alive, brother. :)

Idol worshipers are such immoral fools. You have no clue as to what Jesus taught. You should get out more. Lt's talk morals if you have any.

How will you get yourself into heaven? On your own merit or via a scapegoat?

Revisit substitutionary atonement or vicarious redemption and scapegoating with me just to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw)

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Scapegoating IOW.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning as we all know that it is immoral to kill the innocent. God knows this yet Christians do not seem to. You do. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a son just to prove it's benevolence. When you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

If and when you say yes, you become his.

-----------------------------------

The other option in scriptures, a moral one, is shown here. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Scriptures indicate that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and as God’s will is supreme and cannot be thwarted, this will come to pass.

---------------------------------

It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning anddemanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.

Christians have an insane view of love, IMO.

Would you express your love for humanity or those you love by having your own child needlessly murdered?

Or if convinced that a sacrifice was somehow good, would you have the moral fortitude to step up yourself to that cross instead of sending your child?

Your cowardly God did not.

Regards
DL

You can have your whipping boy. Read the longer post just above and let's talk morals if you dare.

Just for a slightly different perspective.

Is God a just judge?

This speaks of Jesus.
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as Gods first actual judgement and shows his setting and accepting a bribe of a human sacrifice to corrupt or alter his justice and judgement.

Justice usually states that only the punishment of the guilty is acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent.

God’s corruption of this usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

If you elect your judges in your country, would you vote God in as a fair and just judge knowing that he can be bribed?

Is God a just judge?

Regards
DL

NightTrain
09-11-2014, 02:47 PM
So, Gnostic, what do you think of those Churches I found for you?

Any of them tickle your fancy?

I've taken the liberty of adding you to a few internet Prayer Rings. We need all the help we can get, right?

I'll wager there are at least 100 people praying for you at this very moment! :thumb:

Abbey Marie
09-11-2014, 10:45 PM
funny how it looks like a reptile

Looks like Kaa from the Jungle book

Redrose
09-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL

This is just my opinion, but the Bible, Old Testament, was written a few thousand years ago in the Middle East. Look at the radical thinking coming out of that region today....2014....women are nothing, they have no rights, no value, they are killed for being raped, no punishment for the rapist. The women are the guilty party. Eve was the guilty party to be punished, Adam, the man, was guiltless, just an innocent victim.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Oooh! OOh!! Ask me!!

Jim, he probably already does. Often.... :laugh::laugh:

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-12-2014, 07:08 AM
This is just my opinion, but the Bible, Old Testament, was written a few thousand years ago in the Middle East. Look at the radical thinking coming out of that region today....2014....women are nothing, they have no rights, no value, they are killed for being raped, no punishment for the rapist. The women are the guilty party. Eve was the guilty party to be punished, Adam, the man, was guiltless, just an innocent victim.

I hear you.

I do not think we are much better as our churches have institutionalized discrimination just as they do in the East.

He shall rule over you is alive and well in the West, yet we criticize the East all the time.

Rather hypocritical that.

Regards
DL

jimnyc
09-12-2014, 07:36 AM
I hear you.

I do not think we are much better as our churches have institutionalized discrimination just as they do in the East.

He shall rule over you is alive and well in the West, yet we criticize the East all the time.

Rather hypocritical that.

Regards
DL

I prayed for you last night. Do you feel better today?

Gunny
09-12-2014, 07:45 AM
Idol worshipers are such immoral fools. You have no clue as to what Jesus taught. You should get out more. Lt's talk morals if you have any.

Revisit substitutionary atonement or vicarious redemption and scapegoating with me just to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNtBkOXItqw)

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty. Scapegoating IOW.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning as we all know that it is immoral to kill the innocent. God knows this yet Christians do not seem to. You do. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a son just to prove it's benevolence. When you die, Satan will ask you; how was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

The other option in scriptures, a moral one, is shown here. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Scriptures indicate that God prefers repentance to sacrifice and as God’s will is supreme and cannot be thwarted, this will come to pass.

It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning anddemanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.

Would you express your love for humanity or those you love by having your own child needlessly murdered?

Or if convinced that a sacrifice was somehow good, would you have the moral fortitude to step up yourself to that cross instead of sending your child?

Regards
DL

You can have your whipping boy. Read the longer post just above and let's talk morals if you dare.

Just for a slightly different perspective.

Is God a just judge?

This speaks of Jesus.
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as Gods first actual judgement and shows his setting and accepting a bribe of a human sacrifice to corrupt or alter his justice and judgement.

Justice usually states that only the punishment of the guilty is acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent.

God’s corruption of this usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

If you elect your judges in your country, would you vote God in as a fair and just judge knowing that he can be bribed?

Is God a just judge?

Regards
DL

Tsk tsk. I see what your problem is, brother. Why do you tempt yourself with such blasphemy? It's just the fear in you trying harder to maintain control each time you see that God will embrace you with open arms even now. It is never too late to accept Christ into your life. :)

namvet
09-12-2014, 08:01 AM
I prayed for you last night. Do you feel better today?

so did I. I heard a voice say get his ass out of my house

NightTrain
09-12-2014, 08:07 AM
so did I. I heard a voice say get his ass out of my house

lol!

What Brother Namvet is trying to express, Gnostic, is that even Jesus has a sense of humor!

I think all those prayers are doing the trick. You seem less... ornery... today.

Blessed art thou, Gnostic.

Gunny
09-12-2014, 08:11 AM
lol!

What Brother Namvet is trying to express, Gnostic, is that even Jesus has a sense of humor!

I think all those prayers are doing the trick. You seem less... ornery... today.

Blessed art thou, Gnostic.

"Brother" Namvet? :combust:

NightTrain
09-12-2014, 08:13 AM
"Brother" Namvet? :combust:

Hallelujah!

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-12-2014, 08:44 AM
People with no lives. How sad.

Reard
DL

namvet
09-12-2014, 09:02 AM

Reard
DL

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ziqyph.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2i1zij6.jpg

we're alive and kickin' dead dick

namvet
09-12-2014, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-St7HfsNwg0

:dance:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2014, 09:12 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2ziqyph.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2i1zij6.jpg

we're alive and kickin' dead dick

That thar bez sumtin else our boys fight fer!
My wife asked me why I was lingering so long reading (looking at) your post.
I replied , man that namvet sho' do know how to "paint" a picture!!:laugh:

She replied, darling those aren't painted.

darling those aren't painted, darling those aren't painted'
darling those aren't painted!

I came out of my trance and said...

dat man is sho' nuff an artesst...:laugh:

She'll get the humor later on today methinks..--Tyr

namvet
09-12-2014, 09:15 AM
That thar bez sumtin else our boys fight fer!
My wife asked me why I was lingering so long reading (looking at) your post.
I replied , man that namvet sho' do know how to "paint" a picture!!:laugh:

She replied, darling those aren't painted.

darling those aren't painted, darling those aren't painted'
darling those aren't painted!

I came out of my trance and said...

dat man is sho' nuff an artesst...:laugh:

She'll get the humor later on today methinks..--Tyr

or you'll wind up on the couch tonite Tyr :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-12-2014, 09:25 AM
or you'll wind up on the couch tonite Tyr :laugh:

haha, iffin I do she'll be thar wid me.;)
We have an ironclad agreement, never been broken in ten years now.
Neither of us will ever use sex withholding as a weapon. This was agreed to before our marriage.
Best part is she is as adamant about it as am I..
But you'd be spot on iffin it was either of my first two wives..

By tha way, you are still a mighty fine artist!!!!! :laugh:---:beer:--Tyr

NightTrain
09-12-2014, 09:27 AM

Reard
DL

Gnostic!

Good Morning!

We're all eager to hear of how our prayers are working for you.

Can you give us a status report on your inner peace levels?

jimnyc
09-12-2014, 10:01 AM

Reard
DL

I agree with how you feel about yourself, this is why you need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. When you do, your sadness will be lifted, and you'll have a more fulfilling and rewarding life. Jesus loves you. We love you. Will you allow us to save you, instead of filling your life with all this evil negativity and hogwash? :angel:

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-12-2014, 10:05 AM

It is a special distorted Christian view of love that sees, --- as the greatest act of love possible, --- their God condemning them, and then turning and demanding his son’s deaths and thus corrupting God's perfect justice. A bribe set by God as judge himself for himself. This is of course ridiculous.

Regards
DL

jimnyc
09-12-2014, 10:09 AM

Certainly not by being an internet troll. C'mon, Gnostic, let us help save you. It's free and you have nothing to lose, and only your eternity in Heaven to gain. Let us lead you from the dark into the light, and watch how the weight of the world lifts from your shoulders.

I see the goodness in you. You're fighting on what you believe, posting garbage in the hopes that someone will help you, save you. Well you found the right place, Brother. You will be lonely no more.

I can't stress this enough, we LOVE you!

NightTrain
09-12-2014, 10:19 AM
Gnostic, did you get a chance to check out any of those local Churches in your area?

Just let me know if they're not acceptable... I can provide many, many more for you with pictures and directions. I didn't find a Jehovah's Witness church right off the bat, but I'll dig deeper in case you swing that way.

I've emailed a couple of Churches and explained your situation. They haven't responded yet (doing the Lord's Work is busy work, as I'm sure you know!) but I will let you know what they say.

Keep thinking those positive thoughts, Brother! Remember, Jesus loves you.

namvet
09-12-2014, 10:57 AM

Regards
DL

http://smileyicons.net/s/490.gif http://smileyicons.net/s/529.gif that what your lego beads told you ???

Drummond
09-12-2014, 11:42 AM
'Gnostic' ... I've been looking at this thread. Assertions that you're trolling - that you hope to undermine faith - these seem borne out by what I see here.

So I'd like to get to the heart of what it is that's driving you. Why do you post as you do ? What motivates you ? What do you want to achieve ?

Has something happened in your life to set you on your present course, one apparently of hostile judgmentality ? Care to talk about it .. ?

namvet
09-12-2014, 12:03 PM
'Gnostic' ... I've been looking at this thread. Assertions that you're trolling - that you hope to undermine faith - these seem borne out by what I see here.

So I'd like to get to the heart of what it is that's driving you. Why do you post as you do ? What motivates you ? What do you want to achieve ?

Has something happened in your life to set you on your present course, one apparently of hostile judgmentality ? Care to talk about it .. ?

no Drummond he can't talk. he's a fake and a poser. the avatar is a dead give away. he's just a kid. 14 16 tops. he doesn't know anymore about religion than fornicating. most of his post are copy and paste. I don't do kids. that's his mom and dad's job. so im puttin' his young ass on ignore.

Drummond
09-12-2014, 12:13 PM
no Drummond he can't talk. he's a fake and a poser. the avatar is a dead give away. he's just a kid. 14 16 tops. he doesn't know anymore about religion than fornicating. most of his post are copy and paste. I don't do kids. that's his mom and dad's job. so im puttin' his young ass on ignore.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

No doubt you're right. Still, let's see if this Gnostic character has any interest in (or any ability to) justify his thinking, or to explain what drives him.

I can well believe we'll just get a 'cop out' of some description. But the challenge is there. Let's see what comes of it.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-12-2014, 01:15 PM

Oh my. A question. Thanks for this.

For the evils of religion to grow, read any scripture literally.

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D)

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

For the evils of religion to grow.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHa...x=0&playnext=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHa...x=0&playnext=1)

They also do much harm to their own fellow adherents.

African witches and Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9...eature=related)

Jesus Camp 1of 3
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493 (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493)

Death to Gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Z...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Z...eature=related)

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

NightTrain
09-12-2014, 01:19 PM
But, Gnostic, I've asked you questions! Even a few today.

Do the Christian thing and answer them, will you?

gabosaurus
09-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I asked my 13 year old daughter what she would say to an unbeliever who continually defiled her faith. She quoted me this passage from John 8:12.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Gunny
09-12-2014, 01:29 PM

Any and all harmless beliefs are allowed by Gnostic Christians. We know that any myth can be internalized for good results and as esoteric ecumenists, we enjoy knowledge of all the myths that man has created about Gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D)

When there is a victim is when that view changes. Then you see why Christianity annihilated Gnostic Christianity. We do not let the evils of forced literalism go unopposed. To a tyrant like Constantine, we were poison. One of his first commands to his new Church was to kill off the free thinkers and of course, his new tool, his Church, did as bid. It was quite a ride for free thought for the next 1,000 years.

How can a Gnostic Christian, --- and any other free thinking moral person, --- not judge other's morals when seeing someone hurt other because of the same Church's teachings today?

Can you ignore such things if you have decent morals? Impossible. Especially with Islam pulling the same murderous, freedom stifling ****.

We must discriminate and judge constantly. Every law is a compulsion on all of us to judge.

It is my view that all right wing literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us who are moral religionists, --- as well as those who do not believe. Literalists hurt their parent religions --- and everyone else, be he a believer or not. Literalists and the right wing of religions make us all into laughing stocks. Their God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution has got to go. So must beliefs in fantasy, miracles and magic. These are all evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHa...x=0&playnext=1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HKHa...x=0&playnext=1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlRG9...eature=related)

Jesus Camp 1of 3
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493 (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=48b_1185215493)

Death to Gays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Z...eature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMw2Z...eature=related)

For evil to grow my friend, all good people need do is nothing. Fight literalism when you can. It is your duty to our fellow man.

Regards
DL

The problem is gnostic, we KNOW Satan is using you. You have to be strong and cast that demon out. He is the one that puts the doubt and fear in your head. We can tell though, you are ready to follow the Light. Christ can show you the way to put all this inner turmoil to rest and cast out your demons. We're rooting for you, brother. We have faith in you. You can do this. Just take that first step .... :)

NightTrain
09-12-2014, 01:57 PM
The problem is gnostic, we KNOW Satan is using you. You have to be strong and cast that demon out. He is the one that puts the doubt and fear in your head. We can tell though, you are ready to follow the Light. Christ can show you the way to put all this inner turmoil to rest and cast out your demons. We're rooting for you, brother. We have faith in you. You can do this. Just take that first step .... :)

I've already inquired as to an exorcism for Gnostic at that first Catholic Church I posted for him earlier.

Fight the demons, Gnostic! You can do it!

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-12-2014, 02:18 PM
I asked my 13 year old daughter what she would say to an unbeliever who continually defiled her faith. She quoted me this passage from John 8:12.

:lame2:

Beaus you forget this ---- John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

That is why you walk in darkness a immorality.

You also forget that the bible can be made to say almost anything.

Regards
DL

aboutime
09-12-2014, 02:30 PM
10 ways for DP to prevent certain member threats....EAT GARLIC.

Abbey Marie
09-12-2014, 02:45 PM
I believe that anyone who intentionally causes another to stumble in their faith, has a lot to answer for before God. Multiply that by the potential internet audience...

Hey Kaa, what if you're wrong? A lot to lose, no?

Gunny
09-12-2014, 03:14 PM
:lame2:

Beaus you forget this ---- John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

That is why you walk in darkness a immorality.

You also forget that the bible can be made to say almost anything.

Regards
DL

Not if you know how to read, brother. You're letting that demon speak again. If you read the Word as it is written, it will heal your soul and cast this demon out that is tormenting you so much. Only a tormented soul would be as insecure as you are. We understand your fear. But we have faith in you. That's why we are rooting for you, and praying for you every night, brother. Take Christ's hand and walk out of the darkness and into the light. He will accept you and so will we. :)

Gunny
09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
I believe that anyone who intentionally causes another to stumble in their faith, has a lot to answer for before God. Multiply that by the potential internet audience...

Can you tell my grandfather was the Superintendent of Sunday Schools and a Deacon at our church? ;)

Gunny
09-12-2014, 03:17 PM

Don't be so hard on him, Abbey. His soul can be redeemed. He knows the way. He just has to take that first step. :)

Abbey Marie
09-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Don't be so hard on him, Abbey. His soul can be redeemed. He knows the way. He just has to take that first step. :)

You can use the carrot; I'll use the stick. In the nicest way, of course. ;)

Abbey Marie
09-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Can you tell my grandfather was the Superintendent of Sunday Schools and a Deacon at our church? ;)

I know good people when I see them. :cool: And you're not even a Giants-hater.

Drummond
09-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Jesus Camp 1of 3

Death to Gays.

Regards
DL

Oh, well. At least I tried, Gnostic.

You were asked a handful of straight questions. Your response was your version (.. or, WAS it YOUR version ?) of a sermon ...

Here's the interesting thing, though. As determined as you are to troll Christian (and apparently other) religious belief ... you do so in a manner one might regard as 'evangelical'.

I say that not as any attempt either to justify you, or to legitimise your 'approach'. Far from it, in fact.

Am I to understand from your sermonising methodology that, to you, what you say is every bit as much of a religion as RELIGION is, to others ?

If so ... then you're simply - one might argue ? - a form of 'flip side' of the very coin you'd hope to attack !

In any event, your judgmentality is arrogant in the extreme. It is self-serving, self-justifying, has no basis beyond that which you, in your arrogance, somehow believe adds up to a superiority over that which you oppose.

You'd argue, would you, that others should open up to your judgments, your perspectives ? Well, using the flip side of your coin, Christians could say EXACTLY the same, TO YOU.

Christianity has humility on its side. Gnostic .. do YOU ? Or, is what drives you pure egocentricity ?

You've dodged responding to me in a straightforward way ... to avoid giving a properly candid answer about what drives you ?

I can understand that.

It is, indeed, difficult to justify trolling for trolling's own sake.

Drummond
09-12-2014, 05:05 PM
10 ways for DP to prevent certain member threats....EAT GARLIC.

I ate two cloves of it a couple of hours ago ... true, I swear ! I absolutely love garlic (I'd make a really crappy vampire ...).

aboutime
09-12-2014, 05:40 PM
I ate two cloves of it a couple of hours ago ... true, I swear ! I absolutely love garlic (I'd make a really crappy vampire ...).

Sir Drummond. Nothing to apologize about. Besides keeping certain Gnostic's at bay here. Garlic is actually good for the Heart, and helps keep the blood vessels and arteries clear of that Unwanted Threat of Phony, False Prophets who pretend to be Holier-than-Crap.

tailfins
09-12-2014, 05:44 PM

I would quote this one:

Galatians 6:7-8 King James Version (KJV) 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

BoogyMan
09-12-2014, 05:53 PM
It is interesting that you cut and paste whole sections of your commentary without attribution or is it you posting this stuff verbatim all over the Net? You should not be instructing anyone in what is morally right. Just sayin....

Jesus Camp 1of 3

Death to Gays.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
09-13-2014, 09:26 AM

I see that they must have use fear to convince you when you were young. Se how cruel your theology makes people?

You should listen to tis intelligent Bishop ho does not use lis against people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDNz2Ifn9k4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDNz2Ifn9k4)

He is second best as compared to Gnostic Christianity but expresses some of our thinking quite nicely.

Regards
D

Gunny
09-13-2014, 09:50 AM
I see that they must have use fear to convince you when you were young. Se how cruel your theology makes people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDNz2Ifn9k4

He is second best as compared to Gnostic Christianity but expresses some of our thinking quite nicely.

Regards
D

Gnostic, brother ... you should stop listening to false prophets that lead you astray from the path. You lnow you want to come into the fold. Just let go. Cast that demon out. We can tell you wish to embrace Him, and come out of the darkness. You can spend an everlasting life in the Kingdom of Heaven - at His side. With US. :)

jimnyc
09-13-2014, 10:00 AM

Hey, Buddy! I continued to include you in my prayers. I think your fears will drift away once you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. All your thoughts of cruelness will go away with the fears. Have a blessed day!!

http://www.virtuousplanet.com/shops/userimages/00003/00000000008/section/00000000000000062191.png

Abbey Marie
09-13-2014, 10:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WDNz2Ifn9k4

Regards
D

Aww, thanks for your concern for us. See, there is a that Christian compassion we all knew was in there somewhere. I did not think I was being cruel. On the contrary, I am showing concern for your soul. Why do you feel that way? Did something I said strike a bit of a nerve perhaps? Things to think about.

gabosaurus
09-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Gnostic, you obviously believe that none of us understand you. What you don't know is that I once stood in your shoes. I grew up as a disbeliever. I doubted, even opposed the existence of God. I partook in various sins and defied many of His Commandments.
When I was in college, I met an agent of God. Someone who sensed my displeasure with life and invited me to her church. It was there that I was filled with the Holy Spirit and decided to devote my life to God.
Always remember that, no matter how old you are, or how often you have sinned, God is ready to forgive you and grant you the pathway to Eternal Salvation.

PixieStix
09-13-2014, 01:31 PM
All of our lives we search for something of meaning. I found freedom (even as a woman) :whistling2: only through Christ. It is the best decision I have ever made in my life. I find freedom in nothing less.

tailfins
09-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Gnostic, you obviously believe that none of us understand you. What you don't know is that I once stood in your shoes. I grew up as a disbeliever. I doubted, even opposed the existence of God. I partook in various sins and defied many of His Commandments.
When I was in college, I met an agent of God. Someone who sensed my displeasure with life and invited me to her church. It was there that I was filled with the Holy Spirit and decided to devote my life to God.
Always remember that, no matter how old you are, or how often you have sinned, God is ready to forgive you and grant you the pathway to Eternal Salvation.

My Mom always took me to church. What put me on Christ's pathway was good ol' fashioned "turn or burn" preaching. God has to hit me over the head with a 2x4, but it eventually sinks in. Anytime I fall flat on my face, it's because I rebelled against God. I'm sure I have a few more "broken nose" times ahead of me. It happens less as I get older because I heed it when God sends someone to tell me "a word to the wise".

NightTrain
09-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Gnostic, just wanted to let you know that even though I'm up at my cabin this weekend, I'm still praying for you!

Can you give us a status report on how all the prayers are working for you?

I'll check in on my phone later.

Thanks in advance, and God Bless!

gabosaurus
09-13-2014, 11:26 PM
My Mom always took me to church. What put me on Christ's pathway was good ol' fashioned "turn or burn" preaching. God has to hit me over the head with a 2x4, but it eventually sinks in. Anytime I fall flat on my face, it's because I rebelled against God. I'm sure I have a few more "broken nose" times ahead of me. It happens less as I get older because I heed it when God sends someone to tell me "a word to the wise".

My husband grew up with Baptist style "turn or burn" preaching. It did more to turn him away from God than lead him toward salvation. I practically had to push him back to God.
I never went to church as a youth because my parents didn't believe. I never forced my daughter to go. She was curious about religion and wanted to go. It is the same curiosity that has taken her to Baptist, Catholic and Islamic services. The Baptists yelled too much, the Catholics were boring and the Muslims went on too long. She prefers our spirit filled services, because everyone is welcome to participate.

Drummond
09-14-2014, 03:43 PM
It is interesting that you cut and paste whole sections of your commentary without attribution or is it you posting this stuff verbatim all over the Net? You should not be instructing anyone in what is morally right. Just sayin....

He is certainly known elsewhere, as a quick check has revealed ...

Just ask him how great he is ....