PDA

View Full Version : Sad and difficult day.

KitchenKitten99
09-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Only after knowing him for just over 9 months, my husband's gelding fell ill in July and just was not able to recover. He had bladder paralysis and at this time, there is no known treatment for it. We grew so attached to him so fast. He was here first, before it was warm (and safe enough) to bring my mare down from where I boarded her at down the road from us. He was here before any of the boarders were here. As big as he was, he was such a gentle soul. He wouldn't hurt anything or anyone. Just wanted to be loved on.

Today we put him down.

This is the first time I have ever had to euthanize a pet. They've all been natural deaths before, or other circumstances.

aboutime
09-10-2014, 07:01 PM
My condolences to you, and your family. Sad to hear, knowing how our favorite animals in life become members of our family as well. At least his suffering is over.

red state
09-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear that. We have a Westy that the dr's have said needed to be considered but we're doing our best to treat her. Hopefully it'll work cuz it has before (to some extent) but she seems to be getting worse now and I finally see how the doctor could be correct.....he was simply preparing us a few years ago. Yes, it has been going on that long now (good and bad).

Hope you rebound from this quickly. Sometimes the loss of an animal impacts us more than a person *(depending on the person).

NightTrain
09-10-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm sorry, KK... saw you post that earlier.

Kathianne
09-11-2014, 12:20 AM
That is so sad, my condolences.

Redrose
09-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Only after knowing him for just over 9 months, my husband's gelding fell ill in July and just was not able to recover. He had bladder paralysis and at this time, there is no known treatment for it. We grew so attached to him so fast. He was here first, before it was warm (and safe enough) to bring my mare down from where I boarded her at down the road from us. He was here before any of the boarders were here. As big as he was, he was such a gentle soul. He wouldn't hurt anything or anyone. Just wanted to be loved on.

Today we put him down.

This is the first time I have ever had to euthanize a pet. They've all been natural deaths before, or other circumstances.

So sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a pet is devastating. His suffering is over.

Jeff
09-11-2014, 05:15 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

Gunny
09-11-2014, 05:34 AM
It's tough. Sorry you have to go through this.

darin
09-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Very sorry. Celebrate the life shared with a beautiful soul.

SassyLady
09-12-2014, 04:32 AM
{{{{hugs}}}}