PDA

View Full Version : Job security if you write code

tailfins
09-11-2014, 06:40 PM
How To Write Unmaintainable Code Ensure a job for life ;-)

https://www.thc.org/root/phun/unmaintain.html

gabosaurus
09-11-2014, 10:14 PM
You might be interested to know that kids begin learning how to write and interpret code in middle school now. My daughter knows more about code than either my husband or I.
Just think, within a decade or so, you might be working with (or for) kids who are currently in school. They will be able to crack any code currently written and written newer and better versions.

tailfins
09-12-2014, 10:49 AM
You might be interested to know that kids begin learning how to write and interpret code in middle school now. My daughter knows more about code than either my husband or I.
Just think, within a decade or so, you might be working with (or for) kids who are currently in school. They will be able to crack any code currently written and written newer and better versions.

Matrix Theory is crucial to writing GOOD code. It is essential for effectively using lists, collections, arrays, dictionaries, etc. Don't push it too hard, but the sooner an aspiring software engineer learns Matrix Theory, the better. As an added bonus, Matrix Theory turns Statistics from drudgery to fun, avoiding all that sigma formula memorization.

gabosaurus
09-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Matrix Theory is crucial to writing GOOD code. It is essential for effectively using lists, collections, arrays, dictionaries, etc. Don't push it too hard, but the sooner an aspiring software engineer learns Matrix Theory, the better. As an added bonus, Matrix Theory turns Statistics from drudgery to fun, avoiding all that sigma formula memorization.

I learned matrix theory in college. Though it more about finite mathematics and the study of combinatorial problems. The field of computer science has expanded so rapidly that it has gone far past graph theory and elementary algorithms.