PDA

View Full Version : No Rewards in Religion

darin
09-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Would you still follow your chosen faith if there was no promise of eternal reward? If so, why?

revelarts
09-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Would you still follow your chosen faith if there was no promise of eternal reward? If so, why?

because it's true.

Gunny
09-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Hmmm .... hard to divorce the two. The religion is based on the reward.

Would you go to work if you weren't getting a check on payday? Isn't the work based on the reward? ;)

gabosaurus
09-12-2014, 01:13 PM
That is a quite good question.

aboutime
09-12-2014, 02:02 PM

Sure would. I have faith, and have seen how belief in the Unseen, through prayer, has worked on many occasions throughout my life.
And, as a realist. I know. After my heart beats for the last time. I won't be able to do anything about it...because...I won't know it.

Other than that. I really have no need to expect anyone else, nor do I have any reason to expect what you call an Eteranal Reward.

If there is some place all of us go after we die. Who among us can PROVE IT?

Abbey Marie
09-12-2014, 02:51 PM

As long as it doesn't mean eternal damnation, sure. There are still lots of earthly "rewards" for following Jesus, for one thing. I know so many people whose lives were changed for the (much) better once they were saved. Including my own.