PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson - indicted child abuse

jimnyc
09-13-2014, 06:26 AM
What an idiot. Beats this kid BAD from what it looks like, even if it were "spanking" or parenting. He went way too far. I see a suspension coming, and perhaps another release.

Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Minnesota Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson has been indicted for child abuse in North Montgomery County, TX ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Sources connected to Peterson tell us ... the alleged victim is a male child from Minnesota who was visiting Adrian back in May at AP's home in Texas.

We're told the child returned home to his mother in Minn. who noticed injuries and took the child to a doctor. A short time later, the doctor contacted authorities in Texas to report Adrian.

Child Protective Services confirms it is working on a case involving Peterson. Multiple sources tell us the alleged victim is a 4-year-old boy.

Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child, this according to MyFOX Houston 26.

Peterson missed Vikings team practice yesterday -- though the team explained it as a "veteran's day." Peterson did attend practice today and was said to be laughing and joking on the field.

Earlier today, Peterson posted a message on Twitter -- though it's unclear if it's related to the case.

"People understand that if you are on God's course and suppose to have that position and man decides to remove you know that God will remove everyone to place you rightfully! You matter!"

"Its your season! Weapons may form but won’t prosper! God has you covered don’t stress or worry!"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/#ixzz3DC61KbZ2

jimnyc
09-13-2014, 06:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FqSXoan.jpg

Gunny
09-13-2014, 06:47 AM
There's no excuse for that.

jimnyc
09-13-2014, 07:23 AM
There's no excuse for that.

I can understand some spankings, and some parents are a little rougher than others. I got spankings growing up and sure as hell learned from them! But I think it's clear that this one went into the "abuse" arena. One mark would have been too much, or sufficient to teach him a lesson, depending on your POV. But this kid looks like he has 10 or so marks on one leg, with a few of them breaking the skin, and another handful on the other leg, and then Adrian admits to also hitting him in the nuts/testicles. And this is a 4 year old if I'm reading correctly. I can't imagine much more than a light hand to the butt for that age, and certainly not a stick.

This is such a shame, I REALLY admired Peterson, one of my favorite RB's of all time. And he of all people should have known better, losing a son 2 years ago when his girlfriend's boyfriend beat/shook the kid and he died.

And with the NFL being in turmoil, and the accusations - Peterson is already deactivated from this weekends game, but it wouldn't surprise me if a 6 game suspension is around the corner.

Gunny
09-13-2014, 07:28 AM
I can understand some spankings, and some parents are a little rougher than others. I got spankings growing up and sure as hell learned from them! But I think it's clear that this one went into the "abuse" arena. One mark would have been too much, or sufficient to teach him a lesson, depending on your POV. But this kid looks like he has 10 or so marks on one leg, with a few of them breaking the skin, and another handful on the other leg, and then Adrian admits to also hitting him in the nuts/testicles. And this is a 4 year old if I'm reading correctly. I can't imagine much more than a light hand to the butt for that age, and certainly not a stick.

This is such a shame, I REALLY admired Peterson, one of my favorite RB's of all time. And he of all people should have known better, losing a son 2 years ago when his girlfriend's boyfriend beat/shook the kid and he died.

And with the NFL being in turmoil, and the accusations - Peterson is already deactivated from this weekends game, but it wouldn't surprise me if a 6 game suspension is around the corner.

I'm from Texas. I KNOW what getting a switching is. I usually racked up an average 3 a day (which means I probably deserved 6, minimum :laugh: ). I NEVER looked like THAT.

But I will still stand by my statements. The NFL needs to quit dancing to the media. Wait until the smoke clears and make one, right decision.

Gaffer
09-13-2014, 07:32 AM
From what I read in the article the kid is not Peterson's. He was just visiting. Gotta wonder how many other victims will surface now. It appears from the tweets Peterson is a religious nut. And those wounds look like they were done with a switch.

jimnyc
09-13-2014, 07:33 AM
I'm from Texas. I KNOW what getting a switching is. I usually racked up an average 3 a day (which means I probably deserved 6, minimum :laugh: ). I NEVER looked like THAT.

But I will still stand by my statements. The NFL needs to quit dancing to the media. Wait until the smoke clears and make one, right decision.

Same here, we got the belt when we were growing up! But shit, it just stung, didn't leave us looking like that!! I think it was more of a "fear factor" kind of thing. I have no issue with child rearing and some spankings, I'm all for it. But I don't think these spankings to correct behavior should be leaving marks, that's just too much.

And yep, I think they need to have a few people investigate this PROPERLY, and then make a decision, and one based on sound investigation AND based on the set rules. But this one shouldn't be too hard, as Peterson admitted to it already and there are text messages showing him admitting to it, as well as he apparently has already admitted to it to CPS and other investigators. But yeah, if they get this one wrong, Goodell will be out of a job!

jimnyc
09-13-2014, 07:34 AM
From what I read in the article the kid is not Peterson's. He was just visiting. Gotta wonder how many other victims will surface now. It appears from the tweets Peterson is a religious nut. And those wounds look like they were done with a switch.

Yep, they were from a switch. :(

And if not his biological son - he was beating someone elses kid like that? Yikes.

Gunny
09-13-2014, 07:37 AM

Yeah. Too much of a switch. My grandmother would always switch us on the back of our legs. And yeah, we had little red welts. Not like THAT. Mine were usually gone before my next switching. :laugh:

Those are above and beyond.

Gunny
09-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Yep, they were from a switch. :(

And if not his biological son - he was beating someone elses kid like that? Yikes.

That's just weird.

Shadow
09-13-2014, 09:26 AM

I thought belt at first. Anyway ...the kid is 4...what could he possibly have done?

My mom used to hit you with whatever she was holding at the time,and we as kids hated getting those paddle ball games with the rubber ball at birthday parties growing up... because you just KNEW when they broke what they were going to be used for. I never had marks like that though....ever.

Gunny
09-13-2014, 09:28 AM
I thought belt at first. Anyway ...the kid is 4...what could he possibly have done?

My mom used to hit you with whatever she was holding at the time,and we as kids hated getting those paddle ball games with the rubber ball at birthday parties growing up... because you just KNEW when they broke what they were going to be used for. I never had marks like that though....ever.

You probably need your little butt paddled. Still do. :P

Shadow
09-13-2014, 09:30 AM
You probably need your little butt paddled. Still do. :P

Uh oh....have I been bad ? :mooning:

Gunny
09-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Uh oh....have I been bad ? :mooning:

Yes. Bend over the arm of the sofa while I fetch my paddle.

Abbey Marie
09-13-2014, 10:24 AM
I can remember my brother's back looking like this, from our Mom. No switch needed, she did it just with her hands. Back in the day, no one ever thought to report such things. It just was the way things were. But at least he was older. Doing this to a 4 year old is much worse, IMO.

As for Peterson, I agree with Gunny's assessment.

hjmick
09-14-2014, 12:38 PM
My mom's husband is on the Grand Jury that indicted Peterson. Peterson was doing okay until they saw the pictures...

Gunny
09-15-2014, 09:18 AM
My mom's husband is on the Grand Jury that indicted Peterson. Peterson was doing okay until they saw the pictures...

Well, I agree with Vikings stance: wait until the legal process is done before making a decision.

The bigger issue to me is that he thinks that's okay. Apparently he posted some Bible verses on twitter or facebook or whatever. My first guess would be CPS needs to have him under a microscope. Looking at those pics, he presents a danger to ANY child under his supervision.

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Well, I agree with Vikings stance: wait until the legal process is done before making a decision.

The bigger issue to me is that he thinks that's okay. Apparently he posted some Bible verses on twitter or facebook or whatever. My first guess would be CPS needs to have him under a microscope. Looking at those pics, he presents a danger to ANY child under his supervision.

Yeah, no doubt. Here was Cris Carter's take...

<iframe src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/73397" allowfullscreen="" height="360" width="640" frameborder="0"></iframe>

NightTrain
09-15-2014, 09:28 AM
You don't beat a 4-year old like that. One firm swat with your open hand on his little butt was always sufficient to get their attention in my experience when they were at that age.

I got beaten pretty savagely back when I was a kid and had worse marks than that, but it was too far and I never agreed with it. I did spank my kids, but it was a rare event and it was always the final step after talking or standing in the corner wasn't working.

And if someone ever dared lay a hand on my kids, there would have been hell to pay. The idiot would have received a sound thrashing for it, or worse. Only I disciplined my kid physically.

Gunny
09-15-2014, 09:32 AM
You don't beat a 4-year old like that. One firm swat with your open hand on his little butt was always sufficient to get their attention in my experience when they were at that age.

I got beaten pretty savagely back when I was a kid and had worse marks than that, but it was too far and I never agreed with it. I did spank my kids, but it was a rare event and it was always the final step after talking or standing in the corner wasn't working.

And if someone ever dared lay a hand on my kids, there would have been hell to pay. The idiot would have received a sound thrashing for it, or worse. Only I disciplined my kid physically.

My father beat us pretty good with a belt whenever I was stuck living with him. My grandmother used a switch because it just stung you, but it wasn't going to damage you inside. That was HER excuse, anyway. ;)

And yeah, putting your hands on someone else's kid is just foolish. Especially nowadays.

jimnyc
09-17-2014, 09:45 AM
The Vikings deactivated Peterson for this past weekends game. Then they did an about face on Monday and reinstated him. 36 hours later, lots of media coverage and a few sponsors bailing and speaking out, and they did another about face and put him on a *list that is a paid suspension until the case is resolved. This is apparently some commissioners list that allows them to keep him under contract but barring him from all team facilities and actions.

Gunny
09-17-2014, 09:54 AM
The Vikings deactivated Peterson for this past weekends game. Then they did an about face on Monday and reinstated him. 36 hours later, lots of media coverage and a few sponsors bailing and speaking out, and they did another about face and put him on a *list that is a paid suspension until the case is resolved. This is apparently some commissioners list that allows them to keep him under contract but barring him from all team facilities and actions.

The NFL and team owners are REALLY making themselves look stupid and weak. They've GOT to be Republican'ts the way scurry around like mice whenever the media cracks the whip. :)

Trigg
09-17-2014, 02:17 PM
I thought belt at first. Anyway ...the kid is 4...what could he possibly have done? .

My thoughts exactly, why in the world would anyone ever think that beating a 4 year old child is ok?