PDA

View Full Version : Video shows slaying of British aid worker

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-13-2014, 08:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/video-purports-show-british-aid-worker-slain-224037242.html

Video shows slaying of British aid worker

Associated Press
By ZEINA KARAM and SYLVIA HUI
28 minutes ago

BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic State extremists released a video showing the beheading of British aid worker David Haines, who was abducted in Syria last year, and British Prime Minister David Cameron late Saturday condemned his slaying as "an act of pure evil."

Related Stories

1. Family of Syria hostage issues plea to captors Associated Press
2. Video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist Associated Press
3. Family of British hostage sends message to IS captors AFP
4. Family of British hostage appeal to Islamic State to make contact Reuters
5. 13 civilians killed in bus attack in eastern Syria Associated Press

Cameron confirmed Haines' death in a statement posted on his official Twitter account after the British Foreign Office had said earlier that it was "working urgently to verify the video." Haines is the third Westerner beheaded in recent weeks by the Islamic State group, which has seized vast swaths of territory in Syria and Iraq.

"The murder of David Haines is an act of pure evil," Cameron said, adding that "my heart goes out his family who have shown extraordinary courage and fortitude."

"We will do everything in our power to hunt down these murderers and ensure they face justice, however long it takes," Cameron said.

Cameron returned to his residence at 10 Downing Street shortly after midnight and is expected to chair a meeting of the government's emergency response committee early Sunday.

The video emerged a day after Haines' family issued a public plea late Friday urging his captors to contact them.

The Foreign Office said it was offering Haines' family "every support possible. They ask to be left alone at this time."

Islamic State militants recently beheaded two American journalists, James Foley and Steven Sotloff, and posted the videos online after the U.S. began launching airstrikes and humanitarian missions in August to aid waning Iraqi and Kurdish security forces in northern Iraq. The Islamic State group has also put out videos showing the beheading of Kurdish and Lebanese soldiers and the mass shooting of dozens of captured Syrian soldiers.

At the end of the video showing the beheading of Sotloff, the Islamic State group threatened to kill Haines next and briefly showed him on camera.

President Barack Obama issued a statement strongly condemning "the barbaric murder" of Haines by the Islamic State terrorist group.

"The United States stands shoulder to shoulder tonight with our close friend and ally in grief and resolve. We will work with the United Kingdom and a broad coalition of nations from the region and around the world to bring the perpetrators of this outrageous act to justice, and to degrade and destroy this threat to the people of our countries, the region and the world," Obama said.

On Wednesday, Obama gave a nationally televised speech outlining a potential military campaign to "degrade and ultimately destroy" the Islamic State militants that is likely to include training and equipping moderate Syrian rebels and Iraqi forces, providing intelligence, and expanding airstrikes against extremists in Iraq and potentially into Syria. Britain was among the initial group of countries joining the U.S.-led coalition to root out the Islamic State extremists.

In the video showing Haines' slaying, the group threatened to kill another British captive. Both British men were dressed in orange jumpsuits against an arid Syrian landscape, similar to that seen in the Foley and Sotloff videos.

The SITE Intelligence Group, a U.S. terrorism watchdog, reported the video, which was also posted online by users associated with the Islamic State group.

The video was entitled "A Message to the Allies of America." Haines' killer, who appeared to be the same masked man speaking with a British accent and brandishing a knife as in the previous videos, tells the British government that its alliance with the U.S. will only "accelerate your destruction" and will drag the British people into "another bloody and unwinnable war".

In the video, according to a transcript provided by SITE, Haines says that he holds Cameron "entirely responsible for my execution" because Britain has "voluntarily entered into a coalition with the United States against the Islamic state."

"Unfortunately, it is we the British public that in the end will pay the price for our parliament's selfish decisions," Haines says, as his killer hovers over him.

His killer says in the video that Haines was paying the price for Britain's decision to supply weapons to Kurdish Peshmerga fighters, who are battling the Islamic State group in northern Iraq. He references U.S. airstrikes against Islamic State fighters near the Haditha Dam in western Iraq, which the U.S. began targeting on Sept. 7 — indicating that Haines' killing took place sometime during the past week.

The British government had managed to keep Haines' kidnapping secret out of concern for his safety until the Sotloff beheading video identified him as a captive and the next victim.

Late Friday, the family of Haines issued a public plea urging his captors to contact them.

When will the world wake up to the fact that this is the real Islam. Its is sanctified Jihad , a primary and core part of Islam????
The Muslims declaring it is not know they are lying to you infidels and most of them secretly support it! A fact.
They are taught to lie to the enemies of Allah!
They are all taught that non-muslims are to be conquered -forced to convert die or be totally enslaved.

Here is the sad fact, Obama's new plan is inadequate is like putting a band-aid on bullethole thru the chest..
Yet if it kills thousands of them it is still better than the nothing he wanted to do but could not get by with! Think about that...-----Tyr

Noir
09-14-2014, 03:56 AM
The Muslims declaring it is not know they are lying to you infidels and most of them secretly support it! A fact.

Angry internet man states a prejudice non-fact as...a fact!

Gunny
09-14-2014, 05:09 AM
When will the world wake up to the fact that this is the real Islam. Its is sanctified Jihad , a primary and core part of Islam????
They are taught to lie to the enemies of Allah!
They are all taught that non-muslims are to be conquered -forced to convert die or be totally enslaved.

Here is the sad fact, Obama's new plan is inadequate is like putting a band-aid on bullethole thru the chest..
Yet if it kills thousands of them it is still better than the nothing he wanted to do but could not get by with! Think about that...-----Tyr

I wonder when we'll wake up and stay home. This isn't our war, but we choose to meddle. These people don't value life. Except how they can use it to outrage a bunch of people with Western sensibilities, and our media dances to their fiddle.

If I was Prez and you're a noncombatant your tail end would be shut down. NO travel to the ME. And yeah, this is where I don't go a damn about you squealing about your "Rights". When your individual "Rights" endanger an entire nation, you lose. These people know how to enrage the American public and it works like a charm.

And you're always wanting to try someone for treason ... start with the media. Every atrocity those bastards commit is stuck in our faces every day for as long as the media can ride that horse. They tell the majority sheep what to think. Heaven forbid they come up with a brilliant idea like "noncombatants, STAY HOME." That doesn't sell.

Ignorance and fear sells though. This is a proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Not a foreign concept. How many have we had with the USSR? Only in this war, we re backing the shia against the wahabbi's which is at odds with our diplomacy that claims Saudi Arabia as an ally and Iran an enemy.

THINK.

jimnyc
09-14-2014, 05:42 AM
Another promise made by ISIS and another head. I didn't see this video, but I understand they paraded out another British person after the fact?

Send over about 100 fighter jets and some planes capable of carrying the heaviest and most destructive of bombs. Send them all at once with enough ordinance to take out anything within a 1,000 mile radius. Drop them all at once.

Noir
09-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Send over about 100 fighter jets and some planes capable of carrying the heaviest and most destructive of bombs. Send them all at once with enough ordinance to take out anything within a 1,000 mile radius. Drop them all at once.

1000 mile radius? How many civilians are you expecting to kill on this expedition?

jimnyc
09-14-2014, 05:53 AM
1000 mile radius? How many civilians are you expecting to kill on this expedition?

Expecting? None. Should they get caught up in the shitstorm? Don't give a flying fuck. No more than I would have gave a fuck when we dropped nukes on Japan. Kill the enemy, save our soldiers lives - that's ALL I care about.

Gunny
09-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Another promise made by ISIS and another head. I didn't see this video, but I understand they paraded out another British person after the fact?

You're missing the point. If we can't kill them all -- destroy the entire culture/religion -- we're wasting money. And we aren't going to do that. We've stuck our nose into the middle of a religious war between sects that have taken issue with one another since the death of Mohammed. Minus genocide, we're wasting a lot of time and effort on nothing. We are their enemy because we have made ourselves their enemy.

We can't even secure our own border.

Gunny
09-14-2014, 06:04 AM
Y'all are being all serious and I'm watching Carol Burnett. :laugh:

Noir
09-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Expecting? None. Should they get caught up in the shitstorm? Don't give a flying fuck. No more than I would have gave a fuck when we dropped nukes on Japan. Kill the enemy, save our soldiers lives - that's ALL I care about.

Well this seems reasonable.

Gunny
09-14-2014, 06:27 AM

Okay.. So what is YOUR solution? This is twice I've asked you for one, and you deflect. Let's play "You're in Charge". You've identified a problem ... what's your solution? Take a stand, dude. I can respect that even if I disagree.

Emitting a lot of words and never saying anything just makes me think of Obama.

Tell me how you'd fix this.

jimnyc
09-14-2014, 06:29 AM
You're missing the point. If we can't kill them all -- destroy the entire culture/religion -- we're wasting money. And we aren't going to do that.

Which is why I stated to end it once and for all, and in a manner that destroys them. I know they won't, but that would be my plan.

And many thought similarly about Japan. And yet we won the war, and prevented deaths.

War is hell. ALL I care about in war is WINNING, and reducing the amount of American deaths.

jimnyc
09-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Okay.. So what is YOUR solution? This is twice I've asked you for one, and you deflect. Let's play "You're in Charge". You've identified a problem ... what's your solution? Take a stand, dude. I can respect that even if I disagree.

Emitting a lot of words and never saying anything just makes me think of Obama.

Tell me how you'd fix this.

Run, leave them alone, whine about how we helped create them and hope and pray that they don't reach the UK or the USA.

Ok, a little kidding. But the funny part is, many asked the same questions about terrorism since 9/11, and I've yet to see a "reasonable" answer to that.

Gunny
09-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Run, leave them alone, whine about how we helped create them and hope and pray that they don't reach the UK or the USA.

Ok, a little kidding. But the funny part is, many asked the same questions about terrorism since 9/11, and I've yet to see a "reasonable" answer to that.

He's not going to give a straight answer. He's scared. Afraid of being wrong. You can't win unless you risk losing. He wants to criticize, but has no solution. Catch 22.

jimnyc
09-14-2014, 06:50 AM
He's not going to give a straight answer. He's scared. Afraid of being wrong. You can't win unless you risk losing. He wants to criticize, but has no solution. Catch 22.

I suppose it depends on the end game for ISIS. And according to their own words, there is a lot of death and destruction still to come. They've shown that they are far from afraid and that they will follow through on their promises. Their "army" is slowly growing daily. I've seen them murder solo folks, and I've seen up to groups of 250. They have a mission and they aren't going to stop until they are done - or someone eliminates them. They have beliefs about bringing forth a new caliphate, and that's exactly what they are attempting. The worst part is that they have found so many to go along with their beliefs and join their group. I have also read stories of people raving about how good they are at running their particular areas. If we ignore them, and they continue to grow, they could be a monstrous problem for the ME. One way or another, they need to be stopped.

Gunny
09-14-2014, 07:16 AM

They don't care about us. WE have made this personal. We've interjected ourselves into a Holy war that's been going on since the 7th century. We think about who controls the oil, when they're thinking about who controls the government. We're in the way of their religious war. We have facilitated that war by invading Iraq and toppling a secular government that stood between Saudi Arabia and Iran. WE made that mess. Saddam might have been an unscrupulous d*ckhead, but he kept the ME off balance. From a global strategic POV, it was "cheaper to keep her".

We have two choices. And you know what I'm going to say as a Gunnery Sergeant. Get them out in the open and drop hellfires on their asses until you can see it glow from the Gulf.

We're not going to do that. And if we aren't, then we need to get out.

jimnyc
09-14-2014, 07:42 AM
They don't care about us. WE have made this personal. We've interjected ourselves into a Holy war that's been going on since the 7th century. We think about who controls the oil, when they're thinking about who controls the government. We're in the way of their religious war. We have facilitated that war by invading Iraq and toppling a secular government that stood between Saudi Arabia and Iran. WE made that mess. Saddam might have been an unscrupulous d*ckhead, but he kept the ME off balance. From a global strategic POV, it was "cheaper to keep her".

We have two choices. And you know what I'm going to say as a Gunnery Sergeant. Get them out in the open and drop hellfires on their asses until you can see it glow from the Gulf.

We're not going to do that. And if we aren't, then we need to get out.

Kinda hard not to take it personal when they kidnap and cut the heads off of Americans. They also stated several times they were coming to America, and even stated once they were going to hit the White House. Personally, I'd rather not wait to see if they grow large enough to follow up on such threats. I agree the war between the various factions is their fight to be had, but we can't ignore the threats. And even if just one American, that's one too many, IMO. I'm advocating eliminating them as a future threat as terrorists, harming us or our allies. For example - when the war in Syria stayed there, and ISIS didn't start their rampage - I couldn't have cared much less. I agree we stay out of such things.

And your first choice is the way to go, 'cept my choice would be to drop about 7,000 MOAB's and maybe a couple thousand daisy cutters. :helicopter:

Gunny
09-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Kinda hard not to take it personal when they kidnap and cut the heads off of Americans. They also stated several times they were coming to America, and even stated once they were going to hit the White House. Personally, I'd rather not wait to see if they grow large enough to follow up on such threats. I agree the war between the various factions is their fight to be had, but we can't ignore the threats. And even if just one American, that's one too many, IMO. I'm advocating eliminating them as a future threat as terrorists, harming us or our allies. For example - when the war in Syria stayed there, and ISIS didn't start their rampage - I couldn't have cared much less. I agree we stay out of such things.

And your first choice is the way to go, 'cept my choice would be to drop about 7,000 MOAB's and maybe a couple thousand daisy cutters. :helicopter:

That's the whole point. They want you to take it personally.

How are they coming to America in a way they aren't already here? We let them in. We let them practice their religion here. Nazi's are bad but jihadists are good. That's us. The same people that let them in are the ones that cried like scared little pigs on 9-11. They want the government to protect them from their own political philosophies when they get bit in the ass.

Let them kill each other off. That doesn't cost us a dime. :)

Gunny
09-14-2014, 08:12 AM

That's the whole point. They want you to take it personally.

How are they coming to America in a way they aren't already here? We let them in. We let them practice their religion here. Nazi's are bad but jihadists are good. That's us. The same people that let them in are the ones that cried like scared little pigs on 9-11. They want the government to protect them from their own political philosophies when they get bit in the ass.

Let them kill each other off. That doesn't cost us a dime. :)

Gaffer
09-14-2014, 08:38 AM
We can sit here and point fingers all the way back to 1973. It doesn't change the facts. We are at war with ISLAM. That is the real fact here. The eradication of islam is the goal we should be aiming for. The sunni's and shea have been at war with each other for 1400 years. They have been at war with the world even longer. The only thing that has kept the world from being over run is the ideological differences between the two. If they ever put aside their differences the whole world would be in big trouble.

I'm with Gunny, let them fight it out themselves. But if they harm any American they can expect to have the shit bombed out of them and will pay for the life of the American with a 1000 of theirs. We also need to kick all the muslims out of this country. Yeah it's unconstitutional. But islam is not a true religion, it's a political and military ideology. This country hasn't learned that yet.

And don't think we will bring democracy to the middle east. They don't even know the meaning of the word. Until islam is removed you can't have a democracy. Secular strongmen is the only way to control things in that region. Secular strongmen tend to be mass murderers and can't be trusted, but can be restricted to their immediate country. Hussein overstepped and had to be brought down. So we now have the proxy war between the sauds and iran. The sauds have just taken over the containment fight being done by Hussein.

Don't worry about a thing, the imam in the white house has everything contained and managed. I think the title imam al obama suits him better than president.

red state
09-14-2014, 09:11 AM
We can sit here and point fingers all the way back to 1973. It doesn't change the facts. We are at war with ISLAM. That is the real fact here. The eradication of islam is the goal we should be aiming for. The sunni's and shea have been at war with each other for 1400 years. They have been at war with the world even longer. The only thing that has kept the world from being over run is the ideological differences between the two. If they ever put aside their differences the whole world would be in big trouble.

I'm with Gunny, let them fight it out themselves. But if they harm any American they can expect to have the shit bombed out of them and will pay for the life of the American with a 1000 of theirs. We also need to kick all the muslims out of this country. Yeah it's unconstitutional. But islam is not a true religion, it's a political and military ideology. This country hasn't learned that yet.

And don't think we will bring democracy to the middle east. They don't even know the meaning of the word. Until islam is removed you can't have a democracy. Secular strongmen is the only way to control things in that region. Secular strongmen tend to be mass murderers and can't be trusted, but can be restricted to their immediate country. Hussein overstepped and had to be brought down. So we now have the proxy war between the sauds and iran. The sauds have just taken over the containment fight being done by Hussein.

Don't worry about a thing, the imam in the white house has everything contained and managed. I think the title imam al obama suits him better than president.

Fantastic! That is one of the best "N-A-NutShell" that I've EVER heard! I agree, we should hit them from afar.....not with troops and the only time we should use troops is to line them up (back to back) covering so many yards together (each way) and PROTECT our DAMN border!!!! We have the technology and should use it.....and I don't mean use it by spending a few 100K or a million to hit a freakin' truck! We should have NEVER supported them with money, equipment and ammunition from the start and should have hit them once they crossed into Iraq. That alone revealed their true nature and identity. We could have devastated them in the wide @$$ open desert but our "E-MOM" in OUR White House (as usual) let it get outta hand and into the civilian areas of Iraq because he STILL supports these monsters. He is a monster and has no problem doing all he can do to release the same monsters for a traitor YET does nothing for a Marine who simply got turned around OR for those journalist being beheaded. NOTHING.

We need to protect our border.... you never here of the stuff going on and just this weekend, the Corinth PD (a small town in NE MS) just questioned a man and women (muSLUM) going back and forth in Walmart with a suitcase. I don't know what came of this but I do hope they checked all the suitcases in that super center. My hat is off to the Walmart employees who were brave enough to defy the PC crowd. This is our safety we're talking about and I'll try to learn more about the report from a couple I know who were actually there and posted it on their FB.

People, I've said this for YEARS (after 9-11) that it'd be so easy for a couple hundred muSLUMs (in Latino disguise) to jump our border, disperse and systematically hit hundreds of town water supplies (that is NOT guarded or rarely guarded). Now we have a president bringing in Ebola so who knows what we can expect when THEY (including the liar in Chief) are ready to make their devastating move in this chess game. I suppose I'd be patient as well (given the weakness or our leadership and the sheeple who can't see for all the wool over their eyes).

Sorry to have ruined your "Nut-Shell", Gaffer but I simply had to spill my guts on this one. I am not much safer but I'd be on pins and needles if I lived in places such as where JIMNYC lives. Jim, others, get the heck outta their, move in with Jeff and others here in the stronger part of the USA and we'll make our stand together. California and other spineless areas of our country are all but fallen so it is truly time to reestablish our borders if we can't or aren't allowed to follow the Constitution/LAW by protecting what is already OURS. Texas could be the next to fall.....they've had a large number of liberals move their and this is just another reason why I see iSLUM and liberalism as one in the same......OUR ENEMIES from WITHIN that our founders warned us about.

red state
09-14-2014, 10:15 AM
You know, I have wondered and others have wondered where/when/how the next big attack will come to our 'yard' but I don't really wonder any more. It could be that all the things I've thought about them doing WILL happen and is under their precise timing (ALL AT ONCE and in ONE BIG coordinated effort). Talk about a big mass confusion, fear and opportunity for B.O. to extend his presidency......sounds like the making of a GREAT book/feature film but what is so terrible is that we can all actually see that this fictional possibility could very well work its way out for an absolute PROBABILITY. It certainly makes since with why they've delayed a major attack. WE know they have crossed the border, we know what they are preaching in their cult across the USA and we know where 99% of them stand all over the world. The liberals have locked arms with them and we no have a 'regime' ruling over us who have equipped themselves with millions of rounds, body bags, 'shelter' stations while our ammo supply and VOICE has been stifled.

One BIG, coordinated and carefully planned point of attack that will be the result that justifies the means.

Headed for church now.....ya'll have a wonderful Lord's Day.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Angry internet man states a prejudice non-fact as...a fact!

Here is a fact about your post.. just for you....

:rofl1:----------Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-14-2014, 10:57 AM

Damn, Gaffer you beat me to it as this sums up my longed for solution so well.

Gunny too has it so damn right, we do nothing over there unless we bomb their sorry asses past the stone age and eliminate them as a threat by decimation. We have that power and damn it, even use neutron bombs if necessary.

Hell yes, they are at total war with us while their secret muslim loving ally fiddles and offers this lame crap to save his ass, the dem party here. He offered no true long term solution.

Either we fight -ALL OUT- to defeat Islam and not just this recent
"head of the damn Hydra" or else do nothing .
The problem with the do nothing strategy is it will only embolden the asshat cowards and cost a lot of innocent American lives only for us to have to eventually -do something!

So why not , just nuke their sorry asses and be done with it.

Want a solution--stop them by hitting only two places but utterly destroy those two places!
Top two muslim holy shitholes--
MECCA AND MEDINA.
They were stopped for centuries by this defeat--

http://www.citizenwarrior.com/2009/10/on-this-day-in-732-charles-hammer-saved.html

On This Day In 732, Charles the Hammer Stopped Islam's Advance on the West

Islam conquered most of the Middle East and North Africa and then came across the Straights of Gibraltar and conquered Spain, subjugating the people under Islamic rule, giving the European (mostly Christian and Jewish) people the choice of conversion to Islam or perpetual underling status burdened with a tax on non-Muslims (vital funds Muslims used to finance further conquests).

Islamic armies moved north into what is now France (known as Gaul at the time). That was the high-water mark of Islam's first major invasion of Europe, because it was there they were stopped.

After several large battles, the Islamic hordes were defeated by an army led by Charles Martel, who came to be known as Charles the Hammer. The final and decisive battle occurred on October 11th, 732, one hundred years after the death of Mohammad.

^^^^ This utter defeat broke their faith in their damn supremacy and in their God Allah --for centuries! Imagine what utter destruction of their top two most holy sites would do to their cowardly , evil faith..

WHAT WE SEE NOW IS CHINA AND RUSSIA MAKING MOVES WHILE
WE ARE DIVERTED MAKING PLANS TO DEAL WITH THESE FFING MUTANTS-THE MUSLIMS..
Muslims are just religious Nazi's, an accurate comparison on so many damn levels(including the evil level too) IMHO.--Tyr

Gaffer
09-14-2014, 11:41 AM
You know, I have wondered and others have wondered where/when/how the next big attack will come to our 'yard' but I don't really wonder any more. It could be that all the things I've thought about them doing WILL happen and is under their precise timing (ALL AT ONCE and in ONE BIG coordinated effort). Talk about a big mass confusion, fear and opportunity for B.O. to extend his presidency......sounds like the making of a GREAT book/feature film but what is so terrible is that we can all actually see that this fictional possibility could very well work its way out for an absolute PROBABILITY. It certainly makes since with why they've delayed a major attack. WE know they have crossed the border, we know what they are preaching in their cult across the USA and we know where 99% of them stand all over the world. The liberals have locked arms with them and we no have a 'regime' ruling over us who have equipped themselves with millions of rounds, body bags, 'shelter' stations while our ammo supply and VOICE has been stifled.

One BIG, coordinated and carefully planned point of attack that will be the result that justifies the means.

Headed for church now.....ya'll have a wonderful Lord's Day.

While everyone is worried about WMD's and planes. They ought to be worried about armed cells scattered throughout the country Acting in a coordinated way attacking, not facilities, but people in areas such as malls, schools, offices, parks and city streets. They have had years to get here and establish themselves. Such an attack nation wide would throw the country into total panic effectively paralyzing the nation. A few hundred scattered through every major city could cause a lot of havoc. And with our present non enforcement policies for illegals Such a scenario is easily accomplished.

And what better way to get martial law declared without an uproar from the general population.

red state
09-14-2014, 12:50 PM
True that!!!! On top of all that you've said, try dwelling on the chaos that could come from some nuclear attack or an electronic pulse that could wipe out most of our technology......civil defense, hospitals, etc. Yes, that is the makings of an outstanding feature film and what is sad is that it is so terribly "do-able". When they re-did RED DAWN, they should have had it be about muSLUMS and the coordinated effort of muSLUMS, liberals and those hopping our borders.......lump an evil, twisted president in there and you have all the makings of our probable future. Of course, that type of writing or movie making will quickly get you in deep these days. I'm sure all of us have some tag somewhere with our names and political views. They'll hit such folks with military and law enforcement who share these views first then come knocking door to door at 3am. What is sad, we're already allowing it. Just look at the way the military has already been "cleansed" since Benghazi.......nuff said.

Drummond
09-14-2014, 07:27 PM
It's not as though I'm remotely surprised to hear it ... I'm not. But, sure enough .. when David Cameron sounded off about the barbarity of ISIS, in reaction to the news of the killing of this British aid worker, what did he preface his comments with ?

... A declaration that ISIS weren't operating accordance to any Islamic standards. Yes, he perpetuated the lie, which NO mainstream politician will EVER depart from, that 'Islam is a religion of peace'.

He actually used those very words.

What helps lend strength to terrorists like this is our failure, and utter refusal, to face up to truths about them. The more we lie and delude ourselves as to the nature of threats faced, the less able we are to meet them as they NEED to be met.

It's a form of running away from it. Isn't it ? AND WHAT GOOD DOES IT DO TO RUN AWAY FROM YOUR ENEMY ?

Hacking away at symptoms of a disease, while refusing to come to grips with the nature of that disease, only helps it to grow ever-stronger.

So it is with ISIS. Only being prepared to take SOME of the necessary actions just feeds that part which remains untouched.

And here's the real point. ISIS is killing hostages in order to persuade its enemies to reduce or stop opposition to them altogether.

Should they win, OR, should they pay the proper price for what they do ? Will a display of restraint in measures taken against them do anything other than allow them to prevail, to do yet more of their evil ?

Our weakness makes them stronger.

Gunny
09-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Fantastic! That is one of the best "N-A-NutShell" that I've EVER heard! I agree, we should hit them from afar.....not with troops and the only time we should use troops is to line them up (back to back) covering so many yards together (each way) and PROTECT our DAMN border!!!! We have the technology and should use it.....and I don't mean use it by spending a few 100K or a million to hit a freakin' truck! We should have NEVER supported them with money, equipment and ammunition from the start and should have hit them once they crossed into Iraq. That alone revealed their true nature and identity. We could have devastated them in the wide @$$ open desert but our "E-MOM" in OUR White House (as usual) let it get outta hand and into the civilian areas of Iraq because he STILL supports these monsters. He is a monster and has no problem doing all he can do to release the same monsters for a traitor YET does nothing for a Marine who simply got turned around OR for those journalist being beheaded. NOTHING.

We need to protect our border.... you never here of the stuff going on and just this weekend, the Corinth PD (a small town in NE MS) just questioned a man and women (muSLUM) going back and forth in Walmart with a suitcase. I don't know what came of this but I do hope they checked all the suitcases in that super center. My hat is off to the Walmart employees who were brave enough to defy the PC crowd. This is our safety we're talking about and I'll try to learn more about the report from a couple I know who were actually there and posted it on their FB.

People, I've said this for YEARS (after 9-11) that it'd be so easy for a couple hundred muSLUMs (in Latino disguise) to jump our border, disperse and systematically hit hundreds of town water supplies (that is NOT guarded or rarely guarded). Now we have a president bringing in Ebola so who knows what we can expect when THEY (including the liar in Chief) are ready to make their devastating move in this chess game. I suppose I'd be patient as well (given the weakness or our leadership and the sheeple who can't see for all the wool over their eyes).

Sorry to have ruined your "Nut-Shell", Gaffer but I simply had to spill my guts on this one. I am not much safer but I'd be on pins and needles if I lived in places such as where JIMNYC lives. Jim, others, get the heck outta their, move in with Jeff and others here in the stronger part of the USA and we'll make our stand together. California and other spineless areas of our country are all but fallen so it is truly time to reestablish our borders if we can't or aren't allowed to follow the Constitution/LAW by protecting what is already OURS. Texas could be the next to fall.....they've had a large number of liberals move their and this is just another reason why I see iSLUM and liberalism as one in the same......OUR ENEMIES from WITHIN that our founders warned us about.

Texas isn't going to fall. We got more Mexicans than yankee snowbords, and they don't care if you think they're racists. California and Arizona are the most endangered.

Don't know how you figure they could disguise themselves as Mexicans, nor why you think they would bother with a disguise when they can waltz right in. ;)

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Every one of these guys seems to be cooperating with the terrorist scum, and even seem fairly calm while reading the crap they do. I have to wonder - are they drugged? Do they think they are walking away? I just don't understand what is in their minds. If I know for a fact I am about to die, and they want me to condemn my country just prior to cutting my head off - I'd rather spit in their faces and let them do it anyway.

Gunny
09-15-2014, 08:52 AM
While everyone is worried about WMD's and planes. They ought to be worried about armed cells scattered throughout the country Acting in a coordinated way attacking, not facilities, but people in areas such as malls, schools, offices, parks and city streets. They have had years to get here and establish themselves. Such an attack nation wide would throw the country into total panic effectively paralyzing the nation. A few hundred scattered through every major city could cause a lot of havoc. And with our present non enforcement policies for illegals Such a scenario is easily accomplished.

And what better way to get martial law declared without an uproar from the general population.

You'd think the left would be all up Tet by now, huh? Since THEY are the ones that declared it a loss even though we wiped out most of the NLF and more than half the NVA.

Not like it's an unheard of strategy.

Gunny
09-15-2014, 08:55 AM
Every one of these guys seems to be cooperating with the terrorist scum, and even seem fairly calm while reading the crap they do. I have to wonder - are they drugged? Do they think they are walking away? I just don't understand what is in their minds. If I know for a fact I am about to die, and they want me to condemn my country just prior to cutting my head off - I'd rather spit in their faces and let them do it anyway.

I keep just wondering (rhetorically) just how unscrupulous and vicious are you the AQ expels you?

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 08:59 AM
I keep just wondering (rhetorically) just how unscrupulous and vicious are you the AQ expels you?

Right! I believe these guys must somehow believe they are going to be let go, or it's a trick or something.

AQ is perhaps the worst scum to have ever walked the earth. And these guys have them beat. The videos I've seen would give most people nightmares!

Gunny
09-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Right! I believe these guys must somehow believe they are going to be let go, or it's a trick or something.

AQ is perhaps the worst scum to have ever walked the earth. And these guys have them beat. The videos I've seen would give most people nightmares!

Of course I think these clowns are above and beyond the pale; however, I'm having a hard time empathizing with the victims. I don't think anyone by now should be under any illusions about what these guys will do to hostages. You go over there unarmed and unprotected, you probably shouldn't wonder why you get kidnapped. Best way to not get into a bar fight is to stay out of the bar.

If our illustrious leader wants to violate the Constitution, do it right. It was illegal to go behind the Iron Curtain for decades. Individual do-gooderism should take a back seat to the position our government is put in by being kidnapped and paraded around and/or beheaded. The ammunition they give the media and/or sensationalized cover of family members. And/or the risk anyone is put in that attempts to rescue them.

NightTrain
09-15-2014, 09:13 AM

I'm pretty sure that the victims were told that they'd be allowed to live if they read the statement. If you're going to be slaughtered anyway, you're not going to cooperate.

Remember the one American POW in Vietnam a long time ago read a propaganda statement, but he was blinking morse code for 'Torture' as he spoke to the camera. You have to do what you have to do to survive and no one can fault a captive reading obviously coerced statements on camera.

jimnyc
09-15-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that the victims were told that they'd be allowed to live if they read the statement. If you're going to be slaughtered anyway, you're not going to cooperate.

Remember the one American POW in Vietnam a long time ago read a propaganda statement, but he was blinking morse code for 'Torture' as he spoke to the camera. You have to do what you have to do to survive and no one can fault a captive reading obviously coerced statements on camera.

By no means am I faulting them, just curious as to what these terrorists do to get them to read. I can't imagine. I suppose even if you knew you were about to be beheaded, you might be "in shock" and pretty much do anything in the hope of survival.

Gunny
09-15-2014, 09:27 AM

They don't. The Code of Conduct is specifically caveated with "to the best of my ability" more than once. It was a result of not having one up to and during the Korean War. You were expected to just resist. The Code of Conduct was a direct result of all the brainwashing that went on during the Korean War.

Drummond
09-15-2014, 02:55 PM
How long are they kept as hostages until they meet their fate ? I seem to recall that a couple of them had been held for YEARS. If so, they'd have lost any sense of immediacy in what they faced, and maybe by then would consider themselves stuck with whatever fate was coming their way.

Gunny
09-16-2014, 05:47 AM
By no means am I faulting them, just curious as to what these terrorists do to get them to read. I can't imagine. I suppose even if you knew you were about to be beheaded, you might be "in shock" and pretty much do anything in the hope of survival.

My best guess would be along NT's line of thinking. They tell them they won't kill them if they read the statement. People will grasp at any straw to stay alive, even if just a little longer. The psychological divide between the West and the Middle East is staggering; exacerbated further by the psychological divide between ruthless criminals that don't care how far they go to instill fear and outrage in so-called "faux" Western ideology/morality.

The Vietnamese exposed this high-minded chink in our armor. We're so busy playing by "the rules", all they have to do is ignore those rules and our politicians don't know what to do.

Instead we do stupid shit like call more despotic regimes than we are fighting our allies. Saudi Arabia is the biggest supporter of AQ and ISIS under the table. We support a government that is predominantly shia. And Iran told the Obama administration to go to Hell. And rightly so. If I was Iran I'd tell us to go to Hell too. We've meddled in its affairs since WWII, and vilified them as "Satan" since 1979.

ON TOP OF THAT, the send that two-faced, mealy-mouth weasel John Kerry as envoy. Way to instil confidence.:laugh: