PDA

View Full Version : For Christ's sake Peyton, Don't Screw it up...

hjmick
09-15-2014, 05:42 PM
At a time when it seems all we hear from the NFL are stories of domestic abuse and now child abuse (allegedly), it's nice to be reminded that there are some (probably most of them) good actors in the NFL...

Peyton Manning made time for a few special Broncos fans on Saturday evening, the night before the Broncos played a home game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Laurie Lattimore Volkmann is the mom whose February blog post went viral. In the post, she penned an open letter to Manning for being a good role model. She hailed the popular quarterback as a person her children can admire after Denver's lopsided Super Bowl loss and scolded critics who thought Manning and the Broncos should've been embarrassed after the loss to Seattle...

"He literally looked like a college kid with jeans and a sweater and a JanSport backpack on his shoulder bulging with stuff," Lattimore Volkmann said. "Mostly what I said to him was how happy I was he took the time to meet us. I think it's a big deal.

"Even though it's 10 minutes, it's an important time getting ready before a game. To make that extra time was amazing and speaks to everything he's about..."

In her blog that garnered so much attention, Lattimore Volkmann wrote: "I doubt you take stock in what those analysts say about your legacy (no doubt a trait your father has clearly bestowed upon you and your brothers), but I want you to know that this mom of two young boys who already recognize you're different from the others, believes your legacy has never been stronger..."

Peyton Manning meets with mom whose post-Super Bowl blog went viral (http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/denver-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-meets-laurie-lattimore-volkmann-family-super-bowl-blog-091514)

It would be a very large disappointment were Peyton Manning to stumble the way so many do...

jimnyc
09-16-2014, 07:36 AM
They say a few weeks ago was the first time in his career that he approached another player to trash talk. That player had just hurt the WR, and then Peyton tossed a touchdown, so Peyton ran over and rubbed it in his face.

He's been an all pro his entire career and pretty much blemish free. While I don't like him, since he's a good player and not on my team, I acknowledge quality!!

Gunny
09-16-2014, 07:43 AM
At a time when it seems all we hear from the NFL are stories of domestic abuse and now child abuse (allegedly), it's nice to be reminded that there are some (probably most of them) good actors in the NFL...

Peyton Manning meets with mom whose post-Super Bowl blog went viral (http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/denver-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-meets-laurie-lattimore-volkmann-family-super-bowl-blog-091514)

It would be a very large disappointment were Peyton Manning to stumble the way so many do...

I'm not seeing it, but he got to screw up? Since this hit the media, I'm betting the dirt-diggers dropped their shovels and went for some backhoes to try and dig something up. He also grew up the son of an NFL QB who was pure class, even if he was on the suckiest team in the NFL and spent his time running for his life.:laugh: I'd say he's got the media game down.