PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Football

jimnyc
09-17-2014, 09:00 AM
In the current events section...

Last Thursday they didn't play the intro song. Instead, they used that time to address the Ray Rice situation. Also, the song was by Rihanna, who was sort of the face of domestic violence for awhile, being a star being beaten up by another star. She was pissed that the NFL removed the song, as if she was being punished again.

Then she went on a pissed off tirade at CBS this week. Now CBS has dropped it altogether.

Wrong choice by the NFL?

I have no issue with it, as I don't think the decision was directed at her. But I do think any discussion of the opening would then be hinted towards the prior incident. Lots of times things are changed after the fact like that, in light of new incidents.

Abbey Marie
09-17-2014, 09:03 AM
She did the song, she presumably got paid big bucks for it. Now it is the NFL's decision to use it or not, as they see fit. She should shut the heck up.

IMO, of course. Don't hit me Chris!

jimnyc
09-17-2014, 09:08 AM
She did the song, she presumably got paid big bucks for it. Now it is the NFL's decision to use it or not, as they see fit. She should shut the heck up.

IMO, of course. Don't hit me Chris!

I don't even think it matters whether the entertainment is from someone who was a victim, or the guilty. Once this shit hit the fan the past few weeks, it just makes good common sense to remove references to domestic violence at this point.