PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl rematch

jimnyc
09-21-2014, 10:50 AM
4:30 EST the Broncos travel into Seattle for a rematch against the Seahawks. Any other place I jump at Denver. They added a lot of good pieces over the off season and I think they will be much stronger by season end. But today they are in Seattle. And unless they magically get a few scores REAL quick, they will be in loudness hell and Manning will be "normal" again, IMO.

'Hawks 34 - Broncos 21

gabosaurus
09-21-2014, 05:13 PM
*yawn* :batteyes:

I will go with the Seahawks because they are at home.

jimnyc
09-22-2014, 05:58 AM
*yawn* :batteyes:

I will go with the Seahawks because they are at home.

Or because they were winning by 14 in the 3rd quarter when you made this pick?

darin
09-22-2014, 06:40 AM
what a game!! I didn't watch most of it - couldn't take it. Followed along on my phone, then watched OT via DVR :)

jimnyc
09-22-2014, 07:14 AM
what a game!! I didn't watch most of it - couldn't take it. Followed along on my phone, then watched OT via DVR :)

Would you still have fired up the DVR if they lost? :poke:

Gotta admit, the 4th quarter was awesome, but Wilson wasn't fazed and lead them down the field, a lot on his own feet, to give them a score and took Peyton out of the overtime.

darin
09-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Would you still have fired up the DVR if they lost? :poke:

Gotta admit, the 4th quarter was awesome, but Wilson wasn't fazed and lead them down the field, a lot on his own feet, to give them a score and took Peyton out of the overtime.

Nope. Still have not watched the Chargers game. If the hawks lose, I cannot stand to watch it. Hurts me on the inside (thatswhatshesaid).

:)

4th Qtr was HORRID. But The Hawks made up for it.

Gunny
09-22-2014, 10:16 AM
I'd just like to have seen what you would have said had you watched the game. 3rd n 3 and the Seattle DT was from the waist up across the line. Flag was thrown. Then the ref's picked it up and said there was no foul. That 5 yards was a 1st down Denver didn't get and had to punt.

darin
09-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Yup - Seattle sure got away with an offsides on that play!

gabosaurus
09-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Or because they were winning by 14 in the 3rd quarter when you made this pick?

Wasn't watching the game. The only time I watch football is when my friend comes over to watch the Steelers.

Gunny
09-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Yup - Seattle sure got away with an offsides on that play!

THAT play is a PERFECT example of why I basically quit watching football. The officials determine the outcome of games. Since the Head Linesman's job is to be looking directly down the line at the snap, I'm not seeing a whole lot of excuse for missing that.

darin
09-22-2014, 11:29 AM
THAT play is a PERFECT example of why I basically quit watching football. The officials determine the outcome of games. Since the Head Linesman's job is to be looking directly down the line at the snap, I'm not seeing a whole lot of excuse for missing that.

I think it's a huge leap to think that play affected the outcome. As long as humans are watching it real-time mistakes happen. PLUS...seattle is still OWED a couple more calls in their favour :)

Gunny
09-22-2014, 01:47 PM
I think it's a huge leap to think that play affected the outcome. As long as humans are watching it real-time mistakes happen. PLUS...seattle is still OWED a couple more calls in their favour :)

It's not a leap when it happens game after game, year after year. I didn't see just one screw-up and decide "Oh Hell ..."

Third and 3 in the 4th and there's encroachment. There's no leap there. That no-call changed possession when the game was tight. No, they aren't going to catch everything, bu it's hard to miss the elephant in the room.

Seattle should be penalized for showing up in those eyesore uniforms. Did Bill Parcells pick them out?:laugh:

darin
09-23-2014, 05:38 AM
You don't LIKE the uniforms?

Awesome.

http://trojantempusdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/new-seahawks-jersey.jpg

Gunny
09-23-2014, 07:05 AM
You should ban yourself for posting that pic. I'm surprised PETA isn't after them for misrepresenting a seagull as anything more than a rat with wings. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Now THIS is a uniform!! :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/F1DjjWF.jpg

darin
09-23-2014, 08:23 AM
You should ban yourself for posting that pic. I'm surprised PETA isn't after them for misrepresenting a seagull as anything more than a rat with wings. :laugh:

here - make paper dolls

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3XrlUfrrb08/UHlTSJm0CAI/AAAAAAAAFY8/EgOTXKDSuWY/s1600/Nike+Elite+51+Seahawks+Uniform.png