PDA

View Full Version : Stem cell research supporters fight back

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Story Highlights
• Stem cell research provision attached to appropriations bill up for vote Thursday
• Bill that President Bush vetoed Wednesday likely to be brought up again
• Supporters of new embryonic stem cell research say the issue isn't going away
• Bush signs executive order encouraging other kinds of stem cell research

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/21/stem.cells.ap/index.html

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 01:03 AM
I don't care what you're trying to do, if you have to murder a human being to do it, it's wrong.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 01:06 AM
I don't care what you're trying to do, if you have to murder a human being to do it, it's wrong.

Couldn't agree more.

06-22-2007, 02:24 AM
depends on the stem cells being used and who is paying for it.

I dont think the government should be funding it. especially when the private sector wants nothing to do with it.

Hagbard Celine
06-22-2007, 09:09 AM
It's not a human being guys and ALL embryos are destroyed after a certain period of time anyway. Why do you oppose doing research that may save countless lives when the embryos are destroyed anyway? This is the dumbest "argument" in history. It's like saying "I don't eat icecream because it melts, even though it'll melt anyway." F*cking stupid. And selfish to oppose something potentially life-saving based on...survey says, ideology alone. Not a drop of logic in the mix. As usual. :rolleyes:

I'll bet if you suddenly contracted multiple sclerosis or some other genetic disease that renders you lame or threatens your life, you'd be rethinking your ideas. *scoff*

theHawk
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I support stem cell research. Adult stem cell research has been very promising. Not sure about tax dollars being used for it though, maybe if we cut out other spending programs like welfare I'd support the use of tax dollars for adult stem cell research.

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 06:18 PM
I support stem cell research, using any and every stem cell that can be had without killing babies or other people.

CockySOB
06-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Make a distinction between embryonic and adult stem cells and I'll vote.

Embryonic stem cell research - hell no.
Adult stem cell research - hell yes.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 06:42 PM

Im all for it if it's not taking another life to do so.

Abbey Marie
06-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Yeah, what he said. ^

(I voted assuming you meant embryonic cells, since that is the controversial methodolgy).

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Yeah, what he said. ^

(I voted assuming you meant embryonic cells, since that is the controversial methodolgy).

I ment in general, but ill make an exception for you ;)

Abbey Marie
06-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I ment in general, but ill make an exception for you ;)

:)

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:52 PM
:popcorn: