PDA

View Full Version : FJ - pictures?

jimnyc
09-23-2014, 08:59 AM
While I don't think you were the WH fence jumper... what other criminal activities did you partake in? Did you ride the bike up? Museums? Tell us what you did fucker!

fj1200
09-23-2014, 09:11 AM
While I don't think you were the WH fence jumper... what other criminal activities did you partake in? Did you ride the bike up? Museums? Tell us what you did fucker!

Went with the family so no bike but I think the only other oops, laws broken were general traffic violations. Got stopped for speeding in SC after about two hours in the car which set the tone for the remaining highway travel. Thankfully Lt. [awesome cool SC State trooper dude] let me off with a warning. We were in VA Beach for a couple of nights so the kids got some beach time and then to DC. Not to many museums but made it to Air and Space, Capitol Visitor Center, Natural History, White House Visitor Center, and then some monuments/memorials; Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington, WWII, and some others. A whole lotta walking around over a couple of days. Oh and made it to the Yorktown Battle Field where the British surrender occurred and learned/reminded? of the Battle of the Capes where not a single colonialist was involved in a Revolutionary battle; all French and British.

NightTrain
09-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Very cool. I always wanted to take the family and do a tour like that... it's a hell of a long ways away though.

No Smithsonian goodness?

jimnyc
09-23-2014, 09:18 AM
Went with the family so no bike but I think the only other oops, laws broken were general traffic violations. Got stopped for speeding in SC after about two hours in the car which set the tone for the remaining highway travel. Thankfully Lt. [awesome cool SC State trooper dude] let me off with a warning. We were in VA Beach for a couple of nights so the kids got some beach time and then to DC. Not to many museums but made it to Air and Space, Capitol Visitor Center, Natural History, White House Visitor Center, and then some monuments/memorials; Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington, WWII, and some others. A whole lotta walking around over a couple of days. Oh and made it to the Yorktown Battle Field where the British surrender occurred and learned/reminded? of the Battle of the Capes where not a single colonialist was involved in a Revolutionary battle; all French and British.

Sweet, got a lot done. AND you avoided the ticket! I got one on the way back from Georgia a few years back, like frickin $200 and some odd dollars, I think I was in Pennsylvania, maybe Maryland. They have a way of ruining trips!

All these memorials... Where was your camera? :poke:

fj1200
09-23-2014, 09:29 AM
Very cool. I always wanted to take the family and do a tour like that... it's a hell of a long ways away though.

No Smithsonian goodness?

It is a long way but it's something to do. But be warned about the joggers, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a jogger down there.

Oh, and ALL the museums around the mall are Smithsonian. I'm sure it would take at least a week to really see everything that is Smithsonian.

Sweet, got a lot done. AND you avoided the ticket! I got one on the way back from Georgia a few years back, like frickin $200 and some odd dollars, I think I was in Pennsylvania, maybe Maryland. They have a way of ruining trips!

Yeah, with the ticket the wife would have been... not happy. And we took pictures but there might accidentally be a picture of me if I were to post them. :eek:

Abbey Marie
09-23-2014, 10:36 PM
Nice trip, FJ.

Has anyone here been to the Smithsonian Museum of American History?

SassyLady
09-24-2014, 01:50 AM

Love the Yorktown Battle Field. Visited the same trip as seeing the Iwo Jima memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It was the trip where hubby competed for Soldier of the Year and was representing the Sixth Army. He got tour of the changing of the guard ready room.

Hit all the memorials and the Smithsonians. Wild, whirlwind tour. Sounds like you had the same kind of trip!!!

:cheer5:

Old ridge Runner
09-24-2014, 09:25 AM

pennsylvania will show no mercy to out of staters.

fj1200
09-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Nice trip, FJ.

I'm sure I have been but not this go 'round. We were hoping to see Science and Industry but it's closed for renovation. My daughter would have loved the trains there.

Gunny
09-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Nice trip, FJ.

Yes.

Gunny
09-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Love the Yorktown Battle Field. Visited the same trip as seeing the Iwo Jima memorial and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It was the trip where hubby competed for Soldier of the Year and was representing the Sixth Army. He got tour of the changing of the guard ready room.

Hit all the memorials and the Smithsonians. Wild, whirlwind tour. Sounds like you had the same kind of trip!!!

:cheer5:

If my life wasn't all upside down and I knew where everything was, I had pictures of Iwo Jima itself taken from the deck of the USS Boxer on my 39th birthday.

We used to run through Arlington National Cemetery past the Iwo memorial every day to get to the Memorial Bridge. You take all that stuff for granted when you're stationed there. We didn't have cell phones then, or I'd probably have a lot more pics. I used to ride my bike from Alexandria into the District and around the Mall every Sunday.

Gunny
09-24-2014, 01:01 PM
pennsylvania will show no mercy to out of staters.

Yeah, and that's just the roads. :laugh: