PDA

View Full Version : Don't be a Googlehead

DLT
09-23-2014, 12:23 PM
Cause that tends to illustrate low intelligence and a more than slight bent towards leftism. Google is now openly displaying their leftist agenda and lack of tolerance for anything or anyone that is NOT leftist or that does not embrace the leftist lies, Globull Warming being just one of those lies. And speaking of leftist lies.....someone should really ask Schmidt why the left changed the name from Global Warming TO Climate Change....(they had to, since there IS no global "warming") ....lol.

I don't use Google now nor have I used Google in the past. And this is just affirmation re: why.

Google Pulls Funding from Conservative Group for Stance on Global Warming (http://www.debatepolicy.com/posts)

While on NPR’s Diane Rehm Show, Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt explained that Google had pulled funding from the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) -- a conservative group -- because of their stance on global warming.

While on the show, a caller spoke with Schmidt asking if Google still supported the group.
]“We funded them as part of a political game for something unrelated,” Schmidt replied. “I think the consensus within the company was that that was sort of a mistake. And so we're trying to not do that in the future.”

Rehm then asked Schmidt why Google started working with ALEC.

“Well, the company has a very strong view that we should make decisions in politics based on facts. What a shock,” he said. “And the facts of climate change are not in question anymore. Everyone understands climate change is occurring. And the people who oppose it are really hurting our children and our grandchildren and making the world a much worse place. And so we should not be aligned with such people. They're just literally lying.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/23/Google-Pulls-Funding-From-Conservative-Group-For-Stance-on-Global-Warming

gabosaurus
09-23-2014, 01:08 PM
I'll remember this while I avoid Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-A

revelarts
09-23-2014, 01:39 PM
Use Startpage.com, they snag google info and don't track you.
or use IXquick.com same owners as startpage but it's search snags from multiple search enigines.

I'll have to go to Chic Fil a for dinner today thanks for the reminder

jimnyc
09-23-2014, 02:59 PM
RFK Jr. thinks many of us deserve to be in prison! And then his hypocrisy and avoidance is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDKWRRnS-BQ

And then you have Leonardo Dicaprio, who states it's a "fact" that global warming is real, and has someone provide a little distance when confronted about his yachts and other crap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQxia_M-NkU

jimnyc
09-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Use Startpage.com, they snag google info and don't track you.
or use IXquick.com same owners as startpage but it's search snags from multiple search enigines.

I'll have to go to Chic Fil a for dinner today thanks for the reminder

I WISH there was a Chic fil a near me, or however you spell it. I would probably eat there on principle alone. Maybe just walk in and hit the donation box. Or maybe even buy some food for the homeless every now and again. :)

Gunny
09-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I WISH there was a Chic fil a near me, or however you spell it. I would probably eat there on principle alone. Maybe just walk in and hit the donation box. Or maybe even buy some food for the homeless every now and again. :)

I have principles but, it's not worth it. :laugh:

Drummond
09-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Interesting !!

I used to use Searchy.co.uk (it had a 'dot com' version skewed to finding American links, with the 'dot co dot uk' version skewing to UK ones). But, it closed down a couple of years ago. Quite a pity, that, because as a Metacrawler, it utilised fifteen search engines to deliver findings from all of them .. all in a fraction of a second.

Metacrawlers are search engines 'on steroids', because they're designed to do that job. They pull in search resources from a variety of sources.

All that said .. I'm intrigued by 'Startpage.com'. Never used it .. never even heard of it until now. So, I checked it our via 'MyWot' ... looks like they give it a rave review.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/Startpage.com

I recommend 'MyWot', by the way. If you want to check out a website's reputation for trustworthiness (.. assuming they know about it, of course), they give it a rating .. you can always view feedback comments on the target site from users, some of them giving useful advice of their own.

gabosaurus
09-23-2014, 05:01 PM
I find the debates about climate change, especially in Congress, to be especially enlightening.
Most of the proponents of active climate change are scientists, whose job it is to study earth and our environment. The opponents of active climate change are business owners, whose profits would be significantly endangered if new laws are enacted to curb climate change.
There are some places where no restrictions are made on business. These include China, Russia and Mexico. Anyone ever been to Mexico City or any large city in China? The air (as it is) is barely breathable.
Then we have Republicans in Congress, who staunchly oppose the validity of climate change. Strangely enough, these legislators draw a large portion of their campaign income from energy companies. Their attempts to invalidate climate change studies often laughable.
These include Texas Rep. Steve Stockman, who "doesn't read scientific reports because he doesn't believe in them." :eek:
Then there is this pearl of wisdom:
“Think about it, if your ice cube melts in your glass, it doesn’t overflow. It’s displacement. This is some of the things that they’re talking about that mathematically and scientifically don’t make sense.”
Did this man even take science in high school?

jimnyc
09-23-2014, 05:10 PM
I find the debates about climate change, especially in Congress, to be especially enlightening.
Most of the proponents of active climate change are scientists, whose job it is to study earth and our environment. The opponents of active climate change are business owners, whose profits would be significantly endangered if new laws are enacted to curb climate change.

And yet even those scientists can't deny the rise in temperatures, and the increase in the arctic glacier. If you think there aren't an equal amount of scientists out there who disagree with the whole global warming, then you're only tuning in to one side.

aboutime
09-23-2014, 05:37 PM
There are some places where no restrictions are made on business. These include China, Russia and Mexico. Anyone ever been to Mexico City or any large city in China? The air (as it is) is barely breathable.
Then we have Republicans in Congress, who staunchly oppose the validity of climate change. Strangely enough, these legislators draw a large portion of their campaign income from energy companies. Their attempts to invalidate climate change studies often laughable.
These include Texas Rep. Steve Stockman, who "doesn't read scientific reports because he doesn't believe in them." :eek:
“Think about it, if your ice cube melts in your glass, it doesn’t overflow. It’s displacement. This is some of the things that they’re talking about that mathematically and scientifically don’t make sense.”

And, we have Democrats in Congress who are convinced that the Island nation of Guam will eventually tip-over due to too many Marines, and their family members being there. Another Climate Change Theory as well?
Sounds like all of the CLIMATE CHANGE LOONIES are...pardon the expression..."In the same boat"?

http://youtu.be/cesSRfXqS1Q

BoogyMan
09-23-2014, 06:14 PM

You cannot be so naive as to believe that academics are above reproach. Well, maybe you can, but that simply much more boldly outlines your bias if you do. Do you question the FACT (http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/files/NOAA_NASA_2013_Global_Temperatures_Joint_Briefing. pdf) that there has been no "warming" over the past nearly 2 decades? Do you question the FACT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_stick_controversy) that the hockey stick data so often quoted by warmers was contrived? What about the so called "climategate" emails showing that the very academics you hold up as authoritative were faking data (http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2011/11/23/climategate-2-0-new-e-mails-rock-the-global-warming-debate/)?

I look at these issues and see a group intent on wealth redistribution and radical control over the lives of ordinary people. The laughable part is that Gabby seems to speak as if the "science" is settled when most of the science is in dispute and honest men and women are looking ever more skeptically at the dubious claims being made as settled science.

Drummond
09-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Interesting !!

I used to use Searchy.co.uk (it had a 'dot com' version skewed to finding American links, with the 'dot co dot uk' version skewing to UK ones). But, it closed down a couple of years ago. Quite a pity, that, because as a Metacrawler, it utilised fifteen search engines to deliver findings from all of them .. all in a fraction of a second.

Metacrawlers are search engines 'on steroids', because they're designed to do that job. They pull in search resources from a variety of sources.

All that said .. I'm intrigued by 'Startpage.com'. Never used it .. never even heard of it until now. So, I checked it our via 'MyWot' ... looks like they give it a rave review.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/Startpage.com

I recommend 'MyWot', by the way. If you want to check out a website's reputation for trustworthiness (.. assuming they know about it, of course), they give it a rating .. you can always view feedback comments on the target site from users, some of them giving useful advice of their own.

Thought I'd add this (? possible) rethink to my above post.

I haven't, myself, tried to use 'Startpage.com' in response to Revelarts' recommendation. I thought instead that I'd check it out first, to see if other sites also favoured it.

What I found was various sites suggesting that 'Startpage.com' either WAS malware, or malware was involved in redirecting to it (or both).

Most of those sites don't get good write-ups from 'MyWot' (.. above) ... however, this source DOES come well recommended by them. Here's what it has to say ...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486814/startpage-virus/

Hi all, my girlfriends laptop has picked up something rather annoying which I am hoping someone here can help me with.

Her Google Chrome opens with a homepage changing to 'Startpage'.com which her search default set to a fake 'google' - which is actually startpage - and her shortcut toolbar disabled.

Furthermore, soon after start up, it begins a fake 'chrome' process with sits there and uses 99% of her cpu consistently.

I've run Spybot with no luck. I've run Nod32 5 with no luck. Finally I decided to get a log with HijackThis and post it here;

I've read enough to suggest to me that 'Startpage' is a threat to computers. I suggest that this site be treated with great caution !!!

By the way, this is what Symantec has to say .....

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2002-011511-4413-99&tabid=2

Discovered:January 15, 2002

Updated:April 29, 2010 3:15:01 PM

Type:Trojan

Systems Affected:Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP

Trojan.StartPage is a detection for Trojan horse threats that change a browser’s home page. The reasons for changing the home page vary, though it is commonly done to display advertising to the user, exploit the browser to run other threats, or to promote misleading applications.

tailfins
09-23-2014, 07:10 PM

That's a nice straw man you have there. Particulate air pollution and Global Worming are two different things altogether. Regarding scientists: Follow the money whether it be those funded by government to find in favor of Global Worming or those funded by energy to find against it. I know, those that want to stop Global Worming just want Whirled Peas.

http://www.yowzers.com/ccdata/images/smallMain_30_900.jpg

Abbey Marie
09-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Nice to see people debate Gabby on the issues, instead of personal jabs.

SassyLady
09-24-2014, 01:46 AM
Nice to see people debate Gabby on the issues, instead of personal jabs.

:clap::clap::clap: