PDA

View Full Version : My Nephew!!!

red state
09-23-2014, 09:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAfPe-AH0YM

My nephew at 0:55. U Go Reed!!!

gabosaurus
09-23-2014, 10:34 PM
What a totally awesome accomplishment!! You have a lot of reason to be proud! :beer:

SassyLady
09-24-2014, 01:54 AM
Wow!!!! I guess we know what his career is! Hope you are looking to take a pic with him in a green jacket!:cheers2:

Jeff
09-24-2014, 05:26 AM
Congrats to Reed !!!

jimnyc
09-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Damn, -16 under! Do you know what par was on that course? Damn fine hitting!!! Congrats to both of you! :)

red state
09-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Jim, I don't know about any of those details but he's a LOT better than me or my brother and my brother is not shabby at all. Of course, I haven't golfed since I lived in Memphis and took up archer (very seriously....except I no longer compete in archery tournaments). Reed is very good and although his father is exceptional and has won quite a few golf tournaments, his father never took Reed golfing as a child or had much to do with him (other than raising him and providing basic needs). I can only imagine how good Reed would be had my brother taken him as much and pushed him like Tiger's dad did Tiger. Of course, that may have been the worse thing to do......on the other hand, I can only imagine the multitudes of kids who have QUIT baseball, golf and other sports because they were relentlessly pushed, criticized and scrutinized while they actually played. If I don't stop it there, I'm gonna get all "POLITICAL" and this is not a political thread. Thanks for ya'll's comments and well wishes toward Reed. I know that senior he's playing under has worked hard but it is Reed I hope will take the lead (and at such a young age). Yes, a GREEN jacket one day would be a very welcomed sight, SASSY.

At any rate, much of what Reed has accomplished is due to REED and the loss of loved ones who practically raised him (three grandparents who recently passed away....during crucial moments of Reed's life) he has yet to defeat this young man and on top of it all, he ended up getting a FULL ride to Delta State and high National ranking.

As for his chosen college, I'm partial to Crimson Tide or the Bulldogs but I'm glad he's doing well and is well established there at Delta.....and Delta certainly seems to be doing just fine as a "GOLFING" college (not a football one). HA!!!