PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart Update

SassyLady
09-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Not PWI, but DWI will get you killed!

Kevin Ward Jr's family declares his case 'is not at rest' after grand jury decides not to indict Tony Stewart and revealed Ward was high on marijuana

Statement from family claims that Stewart was the only car accelerating during caution
Kevin Ward Jr, 20, died August 9 after being struck by Stewart's car at a dirt-track race in upstate New York
Ontario County District Attorney Michael Tantillo said Wednesday that Ward had enough marijuana in his system that night to 'impair judgement'
Grand jury issued their decision on Wednesday not to charge Stewart, 43
They deliberated for less than an hour on whether to charge Stewart with second-degree manslaughter or criminally negligent homicide

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2768427/NASCAR-champion-Tony-Stewart-cleared-charges-crash-killed-drier.html#ixzz3EIZ0d2TS
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Gaffer
09-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Just some MJ in his system. And we all know MJ never hurt anybody. :rolleyes:

Jeff
09-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Just some MJ in his system. And we all know MJ never hurt anybody. :rolleyes:

But Mj stays in your system for something like 38 days was he high or did he smoke it a week ago, either way Tony is safe, all the people close to it say he couldn't of avoided it.

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 08:52 AM
He was cleared by the law (Stewart) but now the family will sue for like a jazillion dollars, and probably settle for a huge sum. :(

Jeff
09-25-2014, 08:54 AM
He was cleared by the law (Stewart) but now the family will sue for like a jazillion dollars, and probably settle for a huge sum. :(

After listening to Tony talk about the incident I believe he will settle out of court, he was guilty of nothing but is having a very hard time with it, he will try to put it behind him ASAP.

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 08:56 AM
After listening to Tony talk about the incident I believe he will settle out of court, he was guilty of nothing but is having a very hard time with it, he will try to put it behind him ASAP.

Yeah, it's a shame. I just hate seeing people always suing for millions and then some, and 99% of these never have any merit, and 99% of them are directed at the wealthy, just because they can.

NightTrain
09-25-2014, 09:05 AM
I can't imagine that he was high when he was in a race.

I remember back in highschool, a bunch of us knuckleheads were in my Camaro driving somewhere absolutely baked, and I thought I was really hauling ass... I looked down at the speedo and it told me I was going 23 MPH.

These kinds of lawsuits are going to start becoming more and more prevalent with the introduction of legalized pot... and to my knowledge there's no way to differentiate between a regular user who smoked the night before and right before the incident in question.

fj1200
09-25-2014, 10:04 AM

Guilt and negligence are two different things.