PDA

View Full Version : First to respond decides my fate

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 08:22 AM
I am debating for the umpteenth time on getting a kitten today. I REALLY REALLY want a kitten, especially before my dogs croak, as my dogs like cats! Of course I'm in a heap of trouble with the woman if I do, but she's an animal lover too, just a tad more responsible than I am. :)

No remember, before you answer - I think a few of you bastards implied I should buy a lawn mower without her permission, so it stands to reason that purchasing and saving an innocent life would get a higher priority, no?

So, first reader of this thread, what shall I do?

Jeff
09-25-2014, 08:49 AM
I have 2 kittens right now, come on and get em

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 08:51 AM
I have 2 kittens right now, come on and get em

You didn't answer ya bastard!! Must be between 6-8 weeks old, and me not driving 815 miles to get!! :)

Jeff
09-25-2014, 08:53 AM
You didn't answer ya bastard!! Must be between 6-8 weeks old, and me not driving 815 miles to get!! :)

I will mail them, heck I believe we have many more on the way, fixing to sell them all to the closes Chinese restaurant. :laugh:

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 08:54 AM
I will mail them, heck I believe we have many more on the way, fixing to sell them all to the closes Chinese restaurant. :laugh:

Mailing tiny kittens is just wrong!! And I know Laura won't let you do that.

And you STILL didn't answer, fucker. :poke:

Jeff
09-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Mailing tiny kittens is just wrong!! And I know Laura won't let you do that.

And you STILL didn't answer, fucker. :poke:

Get a Kitten Man, show her who is boss, but wait for me to come for a visit I want to watch :laugh:

NightTrain
09-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Buying a mower without permission is just how a Manly-Man rolls!

It's a power tool, and when buying those men are are protected from retaliation and/or harassment under the Man-Code Act of 1923.

Kittens do not afford you the same protections, so you're on your own there.

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Get a Kitten Man, show her who is boss, but wait for me to come for a visit I want to watch :laugh:

I will hold you responsible should this lead to divorce. I am quoting your post, and it may be used in future proceedings should it lead to that. I'm not in my right mind, and you know that, and now you're poking me into doing something my wife clearly doesn't want. :poke:

I'm going to look shortly, and if I see twins for either of these, there may be a fight here today (the woman is home for the holiday)

http://i.imgur.com/yVQU8Lx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3uoWbRp.jpg

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Buying a mower without permission is just how a Manly-Man rolls!

It's a power tool, and when buying those men are are protected from retaliation and/or harassment under the Man-Code Act of 1923.

Kittens do not afford you the same protections, so you're on your own there.

I'm going to show my wife the code right now, was unaware it existed. At least if she frowns upon the kitten, I now have proof that there is law/precedent for the mower purchase. Should I get in trouble for that one, you will now be held legally responsible too! :poke:

Gaffer
Yes, get a kitten.

hehehe I win.:dance::beer::thanks::thewave::banana::happy01 00: :happy0203::joy4::hyper::dancer::nudie:

Jeff
I have to real ugly kittens ( a bit older than you want ) but they are so ugly they are cool, and the most mischievous I have ever seen, but wait a few weeks and I will have others to choose from :laugh:

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes, get a kitten.

hehehe I win.:dance::beer::thanks::thewave::banana::happy01 00: :happy0203::joy4::hyper::dancer::nudie:

Showing her your post too!

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 09:03 AM
I have to real ugly kittens ( a bit older than you want ) but they are so ugly they are cool, and the most mischievous I have ever seen, but wait a few weeks and I will have others to choose from :laugh:

Damn man, what's up with Duke? That cat doesn't stop! :laugh2:

Jeff
09-25-2014, 09:05 AM
Damn man, what's up with Duke? That cat doesn't stop! :laugh2:

He is a horny little Fu**er :laugh:

And the cat you wanted has grown a set so no it isn't a female :laugh: but the other 4 are so you know what happens at my house every night :laugh:

Gaffer
09-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Showing her your post too!

Good thing I'm an anonymous poster huh. I do request you post pictures of the aftermath. :laugh:

Jeff
09-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Good thing I'm an anonymous poster huh. I do request you post pictures of the aftermath. :laugh:

They will be very entertaining to say the least :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Kitten? or expensive mower?
Point to the logic and financial decision of going with the kitten, the mower costs many hundreds , the kitten costs a few bucks and gives back love..
She will know you are a genius..
thank me later.. ;) 'iffin she don't slap ya. :laugh:-Tyr

NightTrain
09-25-2014, 09:30 AM

Jim - before and after :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6362&stc=1

jimnyc
09-25-2014, 09:31 AM
Well, wish me luck, I think I'm going for it. Sipping a tea now, then I'll take a ride. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures of a kitten later, and not me with a black eye!

DLT
09-25-2014, 09:40 AM
I am debating for the umpteenth time on getting a kitten today. I REALLY REALLY want a kitten, especially before my dogs croak, as my dogs like cats! Of course I'm in a heap of trouble with the woman if I do, but she's an animal lover too, just a tad more responsible than I am. :)

No remember, before you answer - I think a few of you bastards implied I should buy a lawn mower without her permission, so it stands to reason that purchasing and saving an innocent life would get a higher priority, no?

Go for the furball. There's nothing cuter than a kitten. And the kitten will keep you company while you're "in the doghouse"..lol.

PostmodernProphet
09-25-2014, 03:08 PM
on the other hand, there's a lot to be said in favor of still getting sex, too......

BoogyMan
09-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Get the kitten, you know you want to....

Do it.......doooooooo iiiiiitttttt.

fj1200
09-25-2014, 03:53 PM
on the other hand, there's a lot to be said in favor of still getting sex, too......

:laugh: Have you met Jim? :slap:

:scared:

Gunny
09-25-2014, 04:44 PM

Do I have to confess to this in the morning?:laugh:

I'd have a kitten in a second if my current circumstances didn't preclude it. They're funny as Hell. Very low maintenance. They'll let you stay in their house so long as you feed them and clean their litter. :laugh:

And the rest of you just shut up.:no:

namvet
09-25-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm going to show my wife the code right now, was unaware it existed. At least if she frowns upon the kitten, I now have proof that there is law/precedent for the mower purchase. Should I get in trouble for that one, you will now be held legally responsible too! :poke:

tap tap Jim.... wife and I have seperate checking accounts. that settles that

NightTrain
09-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Well, it's been 10 hours since Jim took off to go gather up a kitten.

Poor little fella is probably getting worked over something fierce right now. He'll be lucky if he only gets as thrashed as the pic above.

I tried to tell him the mower was the safe bet, but Nooooooooo I wanna kitty.

DLT
09-25-2014, 07:52 PM

Meow?

grannyhawkins
09-25-2014, 08:00 PM
Wouldn't a cute little sheep kill two birds with one stone??? Maybe more??? :laugh:

NightTrain
09-25-2014, 08:11 PM

I'd have a kitten in a second if my current circumstances didn't preclude it. They're funny as Hell. Very low maintenance. They'll let you stay in their house so long as you feed them and clean their litter. :laugh:

Well well wellllll

Sounds like someone needs to start being honest and change his Avatar comment from "Merciless and Cruel" to "Soft and Cuddly".

I'm going to email R. Lee Ermy and inform him of your new status.

red state
09-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Wouldn't a cute little sheep kill two birds with one stone??? Maybe more???

Maybe more what?! More stones? Heck, doesn't Jim need to grow some stones before he can kill anything with one....or more stones. After the cat thing....there may not be any "stones" being used for quite a while (unless a REAL stone is on the cat's collar). :rofl1:

Gunny
09-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Well well wellllll

Sounds like someone needs to start being honest and change his Avatar comment from "Merciless and Cruel" to "Soft and Cuddly".

I'm going to email R. Lee Ermy and inform him of your new status.

DOn't you have an igloo to build, or somethin'?

gabosaurus
09-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves.
Cat owners are accepted to be more intelligent and more resourceful that dog owners.
It is widely accepted that the internet was invented for the primary purpose of viewing cat videos and pictures.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cd/55/43/cd554369d0ea93ba4725254acca7b373.jpg

Gunny
09-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Cat owners are accepted to be more intelligent and more resourceful that dog owners.
It is widely accepted that the internet was invented for the primary purpose of viewing cat videos and pictures.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cd/55/43/cd554369d0ea93ba4725254acca7b373.jpg

You have issues.:laugh:

gabosaurus
09-25-2014, 09:14 PM

My mom tells me the same thing. :cool:

NightTrain
09-25-2014, 09:21 PM
DOn't you have an igloo to build, or somethin'?

Nope. I racked & stacked 16,000# of batteries today by hand into Comm Shelters for AT&T, I'm all out of physical gumption.

All I can do now is put forth attempts to be a smartass on the internet until Sharon gets here to give me a massage.

Gunny
09-25-2014, 11:39 PM
Nope. I racked & stacked 16,000# of batteries today by hand into Comm Shelters for AT&T, I'm all out of physical gumption.

All I can do now is put forth attempts to be a smartass on the internet until Sharon gets here to give me a massage.

And to think I used to like you .....:smoke:

SassyLady
09-26-2014, 12:06 AM
From a woman's point of view ... anytime my husband did something he knew I wasn't in agreement with he would tell me "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". So, Jim, go for it and let the chips fall where they may. Just hope your little guys don't feel you are already picking their replacement.

jimnyc
09-26-2014, 05:30 AM

Cats are easy, and fun, and cute. This one came with bad habits though. Thinks nothing of the kitchen table and counters already and tried to steal a bite of my pizza last night night, right off my plate, as he sat on my shoulder on the recliner!

tap tap Jim.... wife and I have seperate checking accounts. that settles that

Yeah, same here, and I only get a small allowance because I'm an irresponsible bastard!! But my allowance is enough to adopt a kitten!! :)

Well, it's been 10 hours since Jim took off to go gather up a kitten.

Poor little fella is probably getting worked over something fierce right now. He'll be lucky if he only gets as thrashed as the pic above.

I tried to tell him the mower was the safe bet, but Nooooooooo I wanna kitty.

I got him ya bastard!! - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?46744-Welcome-home-Nero!

Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I can see this little fella is gonna run the house. He's already pinning his ears back and tearing around the house when I try to train him not to do something. In other words, an attitude!!

Hell, I coulda told you that! She's smart, educated, can be funny at times, and she's awfully cute. But she's certifiable, goes from nice to bitchy in 0.3 seconds and trolls better than 98% of the internet. And she's consistent! Most either get banned or give up after awhile. Our little pet troll has been doing this for YEARS!!! We learned to love her, even with all of her goofy faults, which are a lot. :coffee:

From a woman's point of view ... anytime my husband did something he knew I wasn't in agreement with he would tell me "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". So, Jim, go for it and let the chips fall where they may. Just hope your little guys don't feel you are already picking their replacement.

They would never feel that way! I treat them all like gold. If anything, TOO well, and why they get away with too much and take liberties. I love all of my animals like siblings, and always will, and make sure they all get equal attention, hugs, food, treats, more lovin' time, more treats, and of course laying down watching TV on the blankey time! :)

Jeff
09-29-2014, 05:46 AM

Me to , everyone needs to feel there feminine side once in a while :laugh:

Jeff
09-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Cats are easy, and fun, and cute. This one came with bad habits though. Thinks nothing of the kitchen table and counters already and tried to steal a bite of my pizza last night night, right off my plate, as he sat on my shoulder on the recliner!

Yeah, same here, and I only get a small allowance because I'm an irresponsible bastard!! But my allowance is enough to adopt a kitten!! :)

I got him ya bastard!! - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?46744-Welcome-home-Nero!

OK I just thought the 2 I had where ugly :laugh:

I can see this little fella is gonna run the house. He's already pinning his ears back and tearing around the house when I try to train him not to do something. In other words, an attitude!!

Hell, I coulda told you that! She's smart, educated, can be funny at times, and she's awfully cute. But she's certifiable, goes from nice to bitchy in 0.3 seconds and trolls better than 98% of the internet. And she's consistent! Most either get banned or give up after awhile. Our little pet troll has been doing this for YEARS!!! We learned to love her, even with all of her goofy faults, which are a lot. :coffee:

They would never feel that way! I treat them all like gold. If anything, TOO well, and why they get away with too much and take liberties. I love all of my animals like siblings, and always will, and make sure they all get equal attention, hugs, food, treats, more lovin' time, more treats, and of course laying down watching TV on the blankey time! :)