nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Story Highlights
• Ed and Elaine Brown are convicted of tax evasion
• They have barricaded themselves in their New Hampshire compound
• The couple taunts police with references to 1992 Ruby Ridge shootout
• Tense neighbors fear the standoff could end violently

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/21/tax.evaders.ap/index.html

People like this are nuts, it is almost like they want another Ruby Ridge or Waco incident.

Joe Steel
06-22-2007, 05:37 AM
Story Highlights

People like this are nuts, it is almost like they want another Ruby Ridge or Waco incident.

Though they have refused to leave the compound, U.S. Marshal Stephen Monier insists he has no plans to raid it to make them serve their time and will instead seek a peaceful surrender.

What's the point of having helicopter gunships if you're not going to use them.

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM

Isn't that a bit extreme? These people are tax evaders, not violent criminals.

JohnDoe
06-22-2007, 06:27 PM
On another note, nothing like living up to New Hampshire's motto:

"Live free, or die!"

Pale Rider
06-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Story Highlights

They, like others before them, claim taxes are illegal. I respect them for taking a stand. And I bet the government has asked the MSM to NOT cover this, because they don't want people to support them.

Joe Steel
06-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Isn't that a bit extreme? These people are tax evaders, not violent criminals.

They want a confrontation. Just like Randy Weaver and David Koresh, they will do whatever it takes to provoke one. Better to kill them first than take the chance they will kill a government law enforcement officer.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 08:00 PM
They want a confrontation. Just like Randy Weaver and David Koresh, they will do whatever it takes to provoke one. Better to kill them first than take the chance they will kill a government law enforcement officer.

Exactly. They are law breakers period.

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Exactly. They are law breakers period.

So, NM, you support using gunships to take out tax evaders?

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 08:25 PM

If they wanted confrontation, they'd be shooting. As it is, they're staying in their homes and posing no threat to any law enforcement officers.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 08:37 PM

Yes, if they will not cooperate with the law. People will goto extremes not to get taken into custody. We cant put our law enforcement at risk like that.

Joe Steel
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
If they wanted confrontation, they'd be shooting. As it is, they're staying in their homes and posing no threat to any law enforcement officers.

Not if they want to make a statement. They think tax laws are wrong. They want a confrontation so they can put their beliefs before the public.

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 10:18 PM
lol these things make me laugh.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Not if they want to make a statement. They think tax laws are wrong. They want a confrontation so they can put their beliefs before the public.

We have to keep radicals like that in check.

5stringJeff
06-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Yes, if they will not cooperate with the law. People will goto extremes not to get taken into custody. We cant put our law enforcement at risk like that.

So these people, who are certainly flaunting the law, but not acting or threatening to act in violence, should be mowed down with helicopter gunships?

Wow.

Your (both Joe Steel and NM) sense of justice is warped, to say the least. I was not aware that nonviolent disobedience should rightly be met with lethal force. I guess Martin Luther King and all of the civil rights protesters in the '60's should have been shot up too, eh?

Abbey Marie
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Put Rosie on their front lawn with a bullhorn. They'll surrender in 30 seconds.

JohnDoe
06-23-2007, 03:37 PM
We have to keep radicals like that in check.Why don't you go there and kill them yourself, instead of being the pussy that you and joe steel really are by getting your government to do your beloved killing for you? :poke:

Yurt
06-23-2007, 09:44 PM

:eek:

Yurt
06-24-2007, 03:00 PM
so NM, you support killing these taxdodgers? seems like it from your posts. you have yet to defend it even though more than one person has mentioned it.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
so NM, you support killing these taxdodgers? seems like it from your posts. you have yet to defend it even though more than one person has mentioned it.

No, I don't support killing of them. I support the use of force to keep our law enforcement safe while making the arrest.

waterrescuedude2000
07-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Its called teargas.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Its called teargas.

Or Flash Gernades.

waterrescuedude2000
07-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Or Flash Gernades.

Well if you mean a flashang grenade then its only a device that blinds,deafens and disorients. It would not force them out though.

Well I heard back in WW2 to get the Nazis out of one of the buildings they barricaded themselves in they tried to burn them out of the building but they couldnt get them out cause they were so far underground they flooded them out. So why not a controlled burn of the property I guarantee fire would get them out. But a swat team could do it without having to burn them out. But there are plenty of ways to get them out of there.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Well if you mean a flashang grenade then its only a device that blinds,deafens and disorients. It would not force them out though.

Well I heard back in WW2 to get the Nazis out of one of the buildings they barricaded themselves in they tried to burn them out of the building but they couldnt get them out cause they were so far underground they flooded them out. So why not a controlled burn of the property I guarantee fire would get them out. But a swat team could do it without having to burn them out. But there are plenty of ways to get them out of there.

It basically stuns them, they could use that then go in and get them out without incident.

JohnDoe
07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
No, I don't support killing of them. I support the use of force to keep our law enforcement safe while making the arrest.

Nevada, this is a Civil Issue, not one regarding life or death. These people are not hurting ANYONE, they are not using force to keep anyone with them, they are not harming children, they are not a WACO type situation to you, are they? Really?

I mean, they don't leave their house at all, they don't get their mail even....they are not even using any gvt roads at this point...NOTHING in gvt services....are their taxes at gunpoint really that important to you that you REALLY would recommend the kind of usage of force you suggest?

I don't think so.

Also, one wealthy person who makes a tenth of what Buffet or Gates make in a year probably cheats on their taxes and gets more of a break than this couple owes in back taxes?

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth....a life for a life was given as law because the Jews were OVERpunishing...and this scripture means one must be FAIR in judgement and sentencing/penalties, in order to be JUST.

Please reconsider your stance nevada. :salute:

Mr. P
07-17-2007, 04:53 PM
This situation is another PLUS for the "Fair Tax". If you don't wanna pay you just don't buy. The individual has total control of their own taxes.

5stringJeff
07-17-2007, 09:05 PM
This situation is another PLUS for the "Fair Tax". If you don't wanna pay you just don't buy. The individual has total control of their own taxes.

Totally agree.

Yurt
07-17-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stringJeff

Nevadamedic

Does not reconcile...

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Nevada, this is a Civil Issue, not one regarding life or death. These people are not hurting ANYONE, they are not using force to keep anyone with them, they are not harming children, they are not a WACO type situation to you, are they? Really?

I mean, they don't leave their house at all, they don't get their mail even....they are not even using any gvt roads at this point...NOTHING in gvt services....are their taxes at gunpoint really that important to you that you REALLY would recommend the kind of usage of force you suggest?

I don't think so.

Also, one wealthy person who makes a tenth of what Buffet or Gates make in a year probably cheats on their taxes and gets more of a break than this couple owes in back taxes?

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth....a life for a life was given as law because the Jews were OVERpunishing...and this scripture means one must be FAIR in judgement and sentencing/penalties, in order to be JUST.

Please reconsider your stance nevada. :salute:

C'mon man you don't believe that do you? They aren't hurting anyone? Think about it, if we let them slide then more and more poeple will do the same thing they are doing not pay taxes and then lock themselves in their house with the threat of violence if we try to arrest them. Next thing you know noone is paying taxes and the Government goes on it's ass with no income coming in then all of your Liberal elected officials will go apeshit because they will not have any money to embezzel or have no way of screwing the tax payers out of more money.

Now I think it's really amusing that you say in the same quote an eye for an eye*which means everyone should be treated eual) and you think that someone well off should be taxed more because they make more money? You Liberals are damn hipocrits.