PDA

View Full Version : Multi-tasking makes your brain smaller

tailfins
09-25-2014, 11:38 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2768303/Do-use-smartphone-tablet-watching-TV-Then-brain-wasting-away.html

DLT
09-25-2014, 11:51 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2768303/Do-use-smartphone-tablet-watching-TV-Then-brain-wasting-away.html

I don't know about smaller ....re: size, but it probably does slow the overall processes down. The brain is an organic supercomputer. And like a computer, the more processes running at one time, the slower the operating system.....so instead of a laser-like focus on one action at a time, if several actions are being undertaken simultaneously without said "focus"......it can/does result in errors and inefficiency.

Side note: I once knew a Democrat broad that claimed she was 'ex-Mensa' (soooo damned smart). She was so smart (how smart was she?)....that one time she tried multi-tasking, (posting on the computer while cooking steaks for dinner)....she almost burned down the house. She did cause a fire which damaged the kitchen (which she never paid for).

So yeah....multi-tasking for some folks is never a good idea.

aboutime
09-25-2014, 12:59 PM
I don't know about smaller ....re: size, but it probably does slow the overall processes down. The brain is an organic supercomputer. And like a computer, the more processes running at one time, the slower the operating system.....so instead of a laser-like focus on one action at a time, if several actions are being undertaken simultaneously without said "focus"......it can/does result in errors and inefficiency.

Side note: I once knew a Democrat broad that claimed she was 'ex-Mensa' (soooo damned smart). She was so smart (how smart was she?)....that one time she tried multi-tasking, (posting on the computer while cooking steaks for dinner)....she almost burned down the house. She did cause a fire which damaged the kitchen (which she never paid for).

So yeah....multi-tasking for some folks is never a good idea.

DLT. This thread sounds like a Plea for Help from tailfins as he recognized why he should stop muti-tasking RIGHT NOW!:laugh:

tailfins
09-25-2014, 05:34 PM
DLT. This thread sounds like a Plea for Help from tailfins as he recognized why he should stop muti-tasking RIGHT NOW!:laugh:

It looks like you could use help MUTI-tasking.

aboutime
09-25-2014, 07:02 PM
It looks like you could use help MUTI-tasking.

Uh huh. And while you multi-tasked at being a fool. Never once in your life did you EVER make an error?