PDA

View Full Version : Racist? Because of attire?

jimnyc
09-26-2014, 05:42 AM
I disagree with this. Some complained and had Hulk Hogan take down a sign at the entry to a restaurant of his, claiming it was racist. He bans the clothing many hate, like baggy pants below the ass, and now of course assholes are complaining that he's racist, that it's geared towards black folks. Huh? In my neighborhood, predominantly white, we see this too, mostly HS kids and such. These ALL apply to ALL races, IMO. I don't want to see this shit in ANY fine restaurant from ANY patron. I'm tired of the damn race card being played every single day. And now what, he takes down the sig, and this attire will suddenly be ok? Simply because some assholes felt it was racist? Idiots.

The Hulk no-no's include:

-- No oversized t-shirts extending past the mid thigh
-- No excessively baggy attire
-- No low hanging pants or shorts
-- No hats facing sideways or back facing
-- No oversized or excessive jewelry
-- No camouflage (unless with military ID)
-- No workout clothing (including track suits, jump suits, sweat pants or basketball shorts)
-- No high-top sneakers

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3EPvFYpgW

fj1200
09-26-2014, 08:01 AM
People are stupid.

The NBA? Racist.

Dress codes are showing up in unexpected places. The National Basketball Association now stipulates that no sports apparel, sunglasses, headgear, exposed chains or medallions may be worn at league-sponsored events. After experiencing a brawl that spilled into the stands and generated publicity headaches, the league sought to enforce a business-casual dress code, saying that hip-hop clothing projected an image that alienated middle-class audiences.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/fashion/30baggy.html?_r=0

Gaffer
09-26-2014, 09:49 AM
He needs to make it simple, NO GANGSTA ATTIRE.

gabosaurus
09-26-2014, 11:23 AM
There is a restaurant in Hollywood that has a sign that says "Dress like a normal human being or don't come in."
One of the posted restrictions says "If I can see your underwear, I don't want to see you."

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-26-2014, 11:38 AM
I disagree with this. Some complained and had Hulk Hogan take down a sign at the entry to a restaurant of his, claiming it was racist. He bans the clothing many hate, like baggy pants below the ass, and now of course assholes are complaining that he's racist, that it's geared towards black folks. Huh? In my neighborhood, predominantly white, we see this too, mostly HS kids and such. These ALL apply to ALL races, IMO. I don't want to see this shit in ANY fine restaurant from ANY patron. I'm tired of the damn race card being played every single day. And now what, he takes down the sig, and this attire will suddenly be ok? Simply because some assholes felt it was racist? Idiots.

-- No workout clothing (including track suits, jump suits, sweat pants or basketball shorts)
-- No high-top sneakers

The blacks and the muslims practice the same strategy-cry, cry , cry ,scream , scream and scream until they get their damn way.
Ive never yielded a damn inch to any of them.
That's because I HAVE COMMON SENSE AND WAS TAUGHT REAL MORAL PRINCIPLES BASED UPON THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE.
They hate people like me that see right thru their bullshit, false image presented and crybaby tactics. FFK THEMM..
I'll never yield to PC BULLSHIT OR GROUPS THAT PLAY THE VICTIM CARD IN ORDER TO DEFEAT HONOR AND JUSTICE..-Tyr

Gunny
09-26-2014, 02:35 PM

-- No high-top sneakers

Looks like it's geared to keeping gangbangers out. Too bad. I wouldn't back down from that. Nothing racist about it.

gabosaurus
09-26-2014, 04:42 PM
Our school district gets these kind of complaints all the time. Because of potential gang issues, you can wear certain colors and your can't wear ANY printed logos or insignia that is not approved.
You can''t wear the American flag, the Mexican flag, or any country's flag. You can't wear music merchandise, you can't wear military emblems, you can't wear religion themed logos.
Your pants have to be above your hips and your shirts have to be tucked in. You have to wear a belt and have your shies tied. That's just the way it is.

Born2DecadesLate
09-27-2014, 04:40 PM

-- No high-top sneakers

He wants to keep the guidos out eh?

Born2DecadesLate
09-27-2014, 04:42 PM
People are stupid.

The NBA? Racist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/fashion/30baggy.html?_r=0

Translation

Nigger stop acting like a nigger

LOL