PDA

View Full Version : How Europeans view the American breakfast

gabosaurus
09-26-2014, 11:25 AM
My friend from Italy sent me this. Looks about right to me. :cool:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1975010_10152293244834769_236787442_n.jpg?oh=b1b20 d22a267e488ce2b42a6e4cbc265&oe=54B9337D&__gda__=1422612512_6007f4f1c3778d55e45b41a8297ad37 e

BoogyMan
09-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Why so little bacon?

gabosaurus
09-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Why so little bacon?

I was thinking the same thing. :cheers2:

fj1200
09-26-2014, 11:31 AM
Only one gun? Not even an AR. :sheesh:

Your Italian friend must be late to sitting around the piazza.

gabosaurus
09-26-2014, 11:33 AM
Only one gun? Not even an AR. :sheesh:

Your Italian friend must be late to sitting around the piazza.

She lived here for several years before moving back home. She knows more Americans own handguns than anything else.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-26-2014, 11:44 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/1975010_10152293244834769_236787442_n.jpg?oh=b1b20 d22a267e488ce2b42a6e4cbc265&oe=54B9337D&__gda__=1422612512_6007f4f1c3778d55e45b41a8297ad37 e

Bullshit, that's not a 45 cal. Kimber nor are those homemade biscuits. We Southern boys would also have a very nice 12ga. shotgun (Remington/Browning or Mossberg pump) leaning next to the table. :laugh:

That egg is raw and the coffee isn't black.. MORE BACON NEEDED!

These amateurs haven't got a clue.;)--Tyr

darin
09-26-2014, 03:38 PM
BS - that pistol should be on its OTHER side, pointing outward so it's easer to grab and hold overhand.

gabosaurus
09-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Everybody I have shown that picture to has sad "there's not enough bacon!" :laugh:

Plus you know it's a Euro pic because they like their eggs runny. They also prefer dry toast.

jimnyc
09-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Damn, now I'm hungry. I love bacon. So do my dogs. Hell, I'll bet pigs would tear that stuff up! :)

hjmick
09-26-2014, 06:44 PM
Damn, now I'm hungry. I love bacon. So do my dogs. Hell, I'll bet pigs would tear that stuff up! :)

Bake your bacon. You'll never fry it again...

jimnyc
09-26-2014, 06:45 PM

Interesting. Recipes? I'll try anything once, especially with bacon! Never heard of that before, but I'm far from being a chef. :)

jimnyc
09-26-2014, 06:48 PM
Yummy. I looked it up under images and here's some baked bacon.

http://i.imgur.com/OXKRBtv.jpg

hjmick
09-26-2014, 07:00 PM
I Googled it a while back, had some thick cut bacon on hand and tried it. Best. Bacon. Ever.

It's real simple, just make sure you line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil and use the cooling rack to put the bacon on, pre-heat to about 380-390°, keep an eye on the bacon so you don't burn it. Thinner bacon cooks faster, my thick cut (from COSTCO) took about 25 minutes.

try sprinkling some brown sugar on the bacon, or drizzle some maple syrup on it before putting it in the oven.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-26-2014, 07:57 PM
I Googled it a while back, had some thick cut bacon on hand and tried it. Best. Bacon. Ever.

It's real simple, just make sure you line the cookie sheet with aluminum foil and use the cooling rack to put the bacon on, pre-heat to about 380-390°, keep an eye on the bacon so you don't burn it. Thinner bacon cooks faster, my thick cut (from COSTCO) took about 25 minutes.

try sprinkling some brown sugar on the bacon, or drizzle some maple syrup on it before putting it in the oven.

Leaner, thicker cut bacon is always better and my ex-sister-in-law often baked her bacon and homemade biscuits. She was a southern gal that could cook extremely well. My older brother gained 40 pounds first year they were married.. Unfortunately , they argued a lot and after she tried to stab him , then a few months later tried to run over him with her car--he divorced her ass.
I told him how much I dearly missed her huge breakfasts and he said,, then "you go marry that crazy biatch"!
I replied, "my daddy didn't raise me to be as foolish as you were." :laugh:--Tyr

SassyLady
09-27-2014, 12:28 AM
That's not an American breakfast ... where's the biscuits, gravy, hashbrowns and pancakes!!!

CSM
09-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Hmmm...that can't be a complete healthy breakfast. There's no orange juice. Fruit is an important part of a balanced diet, ya know!

Gaffer
09-27-2014, 07:50 AM
What no cereal? Gotta have your Cheerios.

red state
09-27-2014, 08:24 AM
Didn't see this thread yesterday....

The thread's author seems to know as little about REAL Americans (AMERICANS SOUTH OF THE MASON/DIXON anyway) as that silly poster does. What's wrong with a gun at the table, on your person OR propped up at the corner. You should see us on opening day of deer season. Bows are all over the place, guns for those who hunt that way are propped up and EVERYONE is happy, happy, happy. A gun never once jumped up and bit any of us, our kids or our wife but that thing is so well trained that it'll kill the devil outta somebody comin' up to the house to do US harm. If only everyone could send their guns to as good a training school or had the smarts to train their guns as well as we SOUTHERNERS. These folks hung up on guns should be just as hung up and afraid to drive a car.......or enjoy a REAL good, ole fashioned breakfast. IF you don't sit on your @$$ all day....as most libs seem to do, you'll easily work off a fantastic breakfast in no time at all.

Heck, I'm so glad that ya'll pointed out just how terribly done that poster was. The toast was burnt, the bacon overly cooked and the gun turned the wrong way was priceless (THANKS to whomever mentioned that one first). I was not going to comment but saw some folks I liked comment and after I saw their exceptional comments (some even had the courtesy of not quoting the despicable author) it just seemed RIGHT to throw in.

Look, my initial comment was to say: "SO WHAT! Who gives a flying fuzzball what the Europeans, the big eared liar, his fat wife thing OR anybody who isn't a REAL American think about US?! We deserve to eat as we wish cuz we are still semi-free and we've been (ALWAYS BEEN) the tipping factor that has kept the rest of the world safe......at least safer and rid of evil. No, I'm gonna burn my firewood, hunt, drive a big ole truck & SUV (that gets better gas than many new cars) and eat whatever the heck I want.

Oh, by the way.....where's the cat-head biscuits, white/milk gravy, chocolate gravy and, my family's fav, 'MATER GRAVY!!! Now I'm getting hungry so I may get up and get to cooking while the wife and two daughters are sleeping. My son just left out early so that'll definitely leave more sausage and bacon for M3. I'm not big on country ham or ham at all (unless it is during the HOLYdays and with brown sugar cherries and pineapple). Boy, my mom would really weigh a table down....ya'll thought I was listing the possibilities of what one could have for breakfast. WRONG! I was listing all the different gravies, meats and jams/jellies/syrups that we would NORMALLY have at one sitting (and I was NEVER fat). I'm a bit large now but I don't eat those good ole breakfasts near as much as I did when mom was alive. Wow, I'm sure many of you have me beat in that ya'll probably had flap-jacks and other things on top of what I mentioned. You just can't get that stuff at McDonald's, Waffle/Huddle House or Perkins. Good ole AMERICA!!! I wonder how much of our breakfast is actually European (melting pot and all). I would think that the thread is, as usual, one big, FAT, liberal LIE considering our "melting pot" connection. The thread should have read: WHAT libtard Europeans think of AMERICAN breakfast. From the packed breakfast houses I see in the Smoky Mtns, I'd have to say that Europeans/Asians LOVE our breakfast.....and our Nation. Of course, those must be the less 'enlightened' world tourists.

Guys, don't forget the home-made pear preserves, MOlassis, muscEdine jelly and a shot of "laced" coffee. After a meal like that...you're ready to go out and get several loads of firewood or get that food plot planted before the rain comes in. HEY, guys/gals.....BOW SEASON is here so I hope to have some fresh deer meat soon.....that makes for a GREAT anytime meal. For that, however, I like to keep it simple: DEER, biscuits and WHITE gravy (milk gravy from the deer stock).

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! GGGGGgggoooooooooooooooddddd!!!! :coffee:

DLT
09-27-2014, 12:57 PM

Wow. So they think we eat 'that much' bacon in one meal? Europeans are kinda stupid, then. But at least they got the gun part right....lol!

DLT
09-27-2014, 12:59 PM
BS - that pistol should be on its OTHER side, pointing outward so it's easer to grab and hold overhand.

No. Actually, being right-handed, it's exactly placed where it should be for me...heh.

DLT
09-27-2014, 01:02 PM

Maybe we should all take a pic of our typical and usual breakfast and upload it to this thread for your Italian friend's edification....eh? For instance, being in and from the South, mine usually includes hash browns. Some other southerners prefer grits. Also like a small glass of orange juice.....and maybe some strawberry or fig jam with that toast!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Didn't see this thread yesterday....

The thread's author seems to know as little about REAL Americans (AMERICANS SOUTH OF THE MASON/DIXON anyway) as that silly poster does. What's wrong with a gun at the table, on your person OR propped up at the corner. You should see us on opening day of deer season. Bows are all over the place, guns for those who hunt that way are propped up and EVERYONE is happy, happy, happy. A gun never once jumped up and bit any of us, our kids or our wife but that thing is so well trained that it'll kill the devil outta somebody comin' up to the house to do US harm. If only everyone could send their guns to as good a training school or had the smarts to train their guns as well as we SOUTHERNERS. These folks hung up on guns should be just as hung up and afraid to drive a car.......or enjoy a REAL good, ole fashioned breakfast. IF you don't sit on your @$$ all day....as most libs seem to do, you'll easily work off a fantastic breakfast in no time at all.

Heck, I'm so glad that ya'll pointed out just how terribly done that poster was. The toast was burnt, the bacon overly cooked and the gun turned the wrong way was priceless (THANKS to whomever mentioned that one first). I was not going to comment but saw some folks I liked comment and after I saw their exceptional comments (some even had the courtesy of not quoting the despicable author) it just seemed RIGHT to throw in.

Look, my initial comment was to say: "SO WHAT! Who gives a flying fuzzball what the Europeans, the big eared liar, his fat wife thing OR anybody who isn't a REAL American think about US?! We deserve to eat as we wish cuz we are still semi-free and we've been (ALWAYS BEEN) the tipping factor that has kept the rest of the world safe......at least safer and rid of evil. No, I'm gonna burn my firewood, hunt, drive a big ole truck & SUV (that gets better gas than many new cars) and eat whatever the heck I want.

Oh, by the way.....where's the cat-head biscuits, white/milk gravy, chocolate gravy and, my family's fav, 'MATER GRAVY!!! Now I'm getting hungry so I may get up and get to cooking while the wife and two daughters are sleeping. My son just left out early so that'll definitely leave more sausage and bacon for M3. I'm not big on country ham or ham at all (unless it is during the HOLYdays and with brown sugar cherries and pineapple). Boy, my mom would really weigh a table down....ya'll thought I was listing the possibilities of what one could have for breakfast. WRONG! I was listing all the different gravies, meats and jams/jellies/syrups that we would NORMALLY have at one sitting (and I was NEVER fat). I'm a bit large now but I don't eat those good ole breakfasts near as much as I did when mom was alive. Wow, I'm sure many of you have me beat in that ya'll probably had flap-jacks and other things on top of what I mentioned. You just can't get that stuff at McDonald's, Waffle/Huddle House or Perkins. Good ole AMERICA!!! I wonder how much of our breakfast is actually European (melting pot and all). I would think that the thread is, as usual, one big, FAT, liberal LIE considering our "melting pot" connection. The thread should have read: WHAT libtard Europeans think of AMERICAN breakfast. From the packed breakfast houses I see in the Smoky Mtns, I'd have to say that Europeans/Asians LOVE our breakfast.....and our Nation. Of course, those must be the less 'enlightened' world tourists.

Guys, don't forget the home-made pear preserves, MOlassis, muscEdine jelly and a shot of "laced" coffee. After a meal like that...you're ready to go out and get several loads of firewood or get that food plot planted before the rain comes in. HEY, guys/gals.....BOW SEASON is here so I hope to have some fresh deer meat soon.....that makes for a GREAT anytime meal. For that, however, I like to keep it simple: DEER, biscuits and WHITE gravy (milk gravy from the deer stock).

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! GGGGGgggoooooooooooooooddddd!!!! :coffee:

Damn you dog, you made me hungry and no good Southern cooking in sight here. My wife is Filipina(Cebu)--Asian food she does exceptionally well but country-folk Southern food, she has not a clue! :boohoo:

Guys, don't forget the home-made pear preserves, MOlassis, muscEdine jelly

^^ This just about made me cry because other than the molasses(on flapjacks) I've not had any of that in many, sad years! -Tyr

DLT
09-27-2014, 01:10 PM

Why is that?

I do bacon-wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapeno poppers in the oven, but I don't see that that method of cooking the bacon makes the bacon any better. It does, however, greatly enhance the stuffed jalapenos.

Gunny
09-27-2014, 02:11 PM

No. The handgun would either have to be moved to to the left side of the plates, or turned over for a right handed person. ;)

jimnyc
09-27-2014, 02:50 PM
I wonder if they are aware what we eat for lunch?

http://i.imgur.com/mi65OEL.jpg

Born2DecadesLate
09-27-2014, 04:27 PM

Not enough bacon

Born2DecadesLate
09-27-2014, 04:29 PM
No. The handgun would either have to be moved to to the left side of the plates, or turned over for a right handed person. ;)

No.

A right handed person would have a piece of bacon in their right hand and if the need to fire the pistol arose simply reach across with their left hand and fire with the off hand.

Marines don't learn to fire a handgun with their offhand?

hjmick
09-27-2014, 05:20 PM
I wonder if they are aware what we eat for lunch?

http://i.imgur.com/mi65OEL.jpg

That's not lunch, that's dessert... Bacon cake!

red state
09-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Wow. So they think we eat 'that much' bacon in one meal? Europeans are kinda stupid, then. But at least they got the gun part right....lol!

I don't know.....I'd prefer it turned to the outside.
At least the plate is where it should be........(RFRONT & CENTER). :clap::clap::clap::clap:

KitchenKitten99
09-28-2014, 12:30 AM
Baking the bacon is how it's done in commercial kitchens. Much faster and more even heating and no need to take up grill or flat top space.

NightTrain
09-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Yeah. The Aluminum Foil on the cookie sheet is a very important step, I learned that the hard way.

A co-worker of mine turned me on to that method and I baked a pound up while we were on the road in Fairbanks. The bacon was even more delicious than normal, but the cookie sheet was permanently stained. Fortunately, it wasn't my cookie sheet, so the hotel probably ended up replacing it, I imagine. There was no way to get those baked-in grease stains off.

Gotta get the thick-sliced pepper bacon. The thin cheap stuff just isn't the same.

The only thing missing from that breakfast is potatoes, and lots of them. I dice up potatoes, fresh portabella mushrooms, onion, some bell peppers, Lawry's seasoned salt & pepper with a little garlic and fry it all up with some bacon grease. It's mandatory breakfast fare at the cabin.

A 2-pound moose steak would be a nice addition there, too.

SassyLady
09-29-2014, 01:09 AM
What successful people eat for breakfast

http://www.businessinsider.com/richard-branson-famous-breakfast-2014-3

DebateDrone
09-29-2014, 01:15 AM
Remove the toast. Remove the egg. Add a fifth of Vodka.

DragonStryk72
09-29-2014, 03:35 AM
Interesting. Recipes? I'll try anything once, especially with bacon! Never heard of that before, but I'm far from being a chef. :)

Oh yeah, definitely. Baked bacon is so much better. It cooks, but it stays chewy, instead of going completely hard like when you fry it. It's also less of a hassle to cook that way, and you don't have to watch your arms for sizzling hot bacon grease.

Bilgerat
09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Remove the toast. Remove the egg. Add a fifth of Vodka.

Perhaps you might consider exchanging the vodka for Jack Black?

Just my humble opinion :salute:

hjmick
09-29-2014, 03:50 PM
Perhaps you might consider exchanging the vodka for Jack Black?

Just my humble opinion :salute:

Jack Black? He's funny, sometimes, and he's been in a couple of entertaining movies, but I'm not sure I'd want to share breakfast with the man... :wink2:

Bilgerat
09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Jack Black? He's funny, sometimes, and he's been in a couple of entertaining movies, but I'm not sure I'd want to share breakfast with the man... :wink2:

:lol: :clap: :laugh2:

Bilgerat
09-29-2014, 03:59 PM
http://youtu.be/3iXSu31sg7Y