PDA

View Full Version : Maybe if people were more respectful...

KitchenKitten99
09-28-2014, 12:09 AM
...and took care to watch their doors and kids and carts, I wouldn't have to park like an a-hole (taking 2 spots or more) 30 spaces away from the entrance to avoid potential damage to my still-new leased truck.

That is all.

/vent-rant.

tailfins
09-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Have you considered rock rails/sliders with step attachments?

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/ProdImages/EO-JPTS32.JPG

KitchenKitten99
09-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Have you considered rock rails/sliders with step attachments?

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/ProdImages/EO-JPTS32.JPG

How do these prevent door dings and scratches from inconsiderate douchebags?

NightTrain
09-28-2014, 10:06 AM
How do these prevent door dings and scratches from inconsiderate douchebags?

I think the idea is that their door will smack your running board before it hits your paint if it protrudes far enough... resulting in damage to their car only.

Born2DecadesLate
09-28-2014, 10:45 AM
Ever notice to that it is always someone in a $500 car doing damage to other people's shit.

Jeff
09-29-2014, 07:26 AM
Ever notice to that it is always someone in a $500 car doing damage to other people's shit.

That is because the people with the $500 car don't have enough self pride to even have something nice for themselves, they certainly don't care what you or I have.

If I have to stop at a store while on my Bike I park illegally right up front where no one can park along side me, then I only have to worry about nit wits walking by and so far the useless haven't touched anything.

gabosaurus
09-29-2014, 05:46 PM
I always park as far away from the entrance as I can. For many reasons (some of them blonde).
First, it is good exercise. And I am less likely to lose my car (since I never remember where I parked).

My pet peeve is idiots who block aisles by waiting for a close space. Take the next available one, dumass!!

My daughter shares my peeve and got me in trouble by expressing her views. We had to wait several minutes for some idiot for to get a closer space. We were walking back toward the store when the woman got out of her car. My daughter saw her and "you see momma, I told you she would be fat." :whistling2:

KitchenKitten99
09-30-2014, 09:36 AM
I do park that far away. Some wise-ass STILL finds the need to park next to me after passing up all the other spots before the one next to me.

I actually had someone tell me to not be so materialistic and worry about petty things.

Before I had coffee that day.

Yeah.

:death:

gabosaurus
09-30-2014, 09:40 AM
My dad has this thing about not wanting to wash his car. He says clean cars are an open invitation for bird poop.
It's true, actually. My daughter guilted him into washing his car during the summer. He came out of work the next day and there was a large bird deposit on his windshield. I know because he sent me a picture. :laugh:

fj1200
09-30-2014, 09:44 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6407&stc=1

DLT
09-30-2014, 11:59 AM
...and took care to watch their doors and kids and carts, I wouldn't have to park like an a-hole (taking 2 spots or more) 30 spaces away from the entrance to avoid potential damage to my still-new leased truck.

That is all.

/vent-rant.

Accidents happen (I've had a cart roll out of my grip, while loading groceries, into another car due to high wind and slanted pavement before). But most of the time, people (some, anyway) just don't give a damn about anyone else's property. And much of the time, women with several kids tune them out and ignore what they're up to while shopping. So yeah...parking in the north 40 is a really good idea.

DLT
09-30-2014, 12:04 PM

No, usually someone with an older car is more protective of their stuff and others' stuff. They've had to be throughout their life.

I've noticed it seems to be the idiots that have newer cars that have been paid for by Uncle Sam, courtesy of taxpayers, that couldn't care less if they ding or damage someone else's car. Those are the people that care nothing for other people's hard-earned and worked for stuff, including vehicles....cause they didn't have to struggle and work for it.

tailfins
09-30-2014, 12:13 PM
I do park that far away. Some wise-ass STILL finds the need to park next to me after passing up all the other spots before the one next to me.

I actually had someone tell me to not be so materialistic and worry about petty things.

Before I had coffee that day.

Yeah.

:death:

You should have asked that person if they could spare a twenty. They can put their money where their mouth is.

aboutime
09-30-2014, 02:51 PM
My dad has this thing about not wanting to wash his car. He says clean cars are an open invitation for bird poop.
It's true, actually. My daughter guilted him into washing his car during the summer. He came out of work the next day and there was a large bird deposit on his windshield. I know because he sent me a picture. :laugh:

Gabby. Did your Dad know you were flying around?:laugh: