PDA

View Full Version : ISIS threat to SEAL base exposes Navy ban on personal firearms protection

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-28-2014, 10:52 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/isis-threat-to-seal-base-exposes-navy-ban-on-personal-firearms-protection

ISIS threat to SEAL base exposes Navy ban on personal firearms protection

One of only two Navy SEAL training bases was the recipient of a phone threat ostensibly from the ISIS global Islamic Jihad terrorist network. As reported by the right-of-center Breitbart.com news portal on Sept. 28, 2014, a rather terse call was received at the San Diego SEAL training base late last week, but Navy officials were quick to discount the call as simply a "non-credible" prank. However, be it a prank or otherwise, the news report brings to light that the highly trained and equally lethal Navy special operators are expressly forbidden by the same Navy they serve from carrying personally owned firearms while aboard any given naval installation, even if the sailor in question should have a civilian Concealed Carry Permit/License (CCP/CCL).

The Fox News affiliate in San Diego KSWB reported of a threatening call to the Naval Amphibious Base Coronado with the short and rather cryptic message of only "ISIS is on the ground." With a Navy official speaking to KSWB on the grounds of anonymity, the official did verify that the call went straight to the three-phase, 24-week BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEALS) training facility located on the base.

While SEAL (SEa, Air, Land) operatives are more-than-slightly proficient at dispatching enemy personnel with everything from edged weapons to AT-4 Anti-Tank rockets and everything in between, if terrorists were to assault Coronado or any other military installation around the globe, by virtue of a specific Navy order the same men would be armed only with bare hands and/or improvised weapons of opportunity, such as a sharp stick or a rock. Per the Department of the Navy's OPNAVINST 5530.14E CH-1 dated 19 April 2010 makes clear servicemen are strictly verboten from having any type of "weapon which launches a projectile" to include BB guns and/or pellet guns while aboard base.

If any lingering doubt should persist in the minds of America's warriors regarding the circumstances of having personal weapons on base, the Navy issued an update in the form of a GENADMIN (General Administrative) from the Chief of Naval Operation to all hands effective May, 2010. In part, the head honcho for the Navy made clear, "ALL PERSONAL FIREARMS APPROVED BY THE INSTALLATION COMMANDING OFFICER FOR TRANSPORT ON A NAVY INSTALLATION SHALL BE TRANSPORTED ONLY AFTER INSTALLATION SECURITY HAS BEEN NOTIFIED, THE FIREARMS ARE UNLOADED, AND THEY ARE IN THE TRUNK OF THE VEHICLE. IF THE VEHICLE HAS NO TRUNK, THE FIREARM MUST BE DISASSEMBLED, OR SECURED WITH A TRIGGER OR CHAMBER-STYLE LOCK, AND STORED IN A LOCKED CONTAINER. AMMUNITION WILL BE TRANSPORTED IN A SEPARATE COMPARTMENT FROM THE ONE IN WHICH THE FIREARM IS STORED."

YEP, we can not trust our soldiers to have guns on base..
Because had they had such weapons at Ft. Hood the workplace violence man would not have gotten such a high kil and injure number don't ya know. Makes perfect sense, right? Lib insanity 101.
Yet giving regular cops across the nation military weapons is ok..................................:rofl1:--Tyr

Born2DecadesLate
09-28-2014, 11:06 PM
those SEALS are ALWAYS armed, I don't care what the regulations say.

NightTrain
09-28-2014, 11:09 PM
I think that they're forbidden to carry personal firearms while on base, Tyr.

I'm not positive, but I would think there are a shitload of people carrying around government-issued firearms at that SEAL base.

Any muzzie outfit stupid enough to attack such an installation would probably be the funniest story we've heard in a long time... especially since there was a tip-off. A nice little extra credit exercise for the resident SEALs.

Sounds like a hoax to me.

Born2DecadesLate
09-28-2014, 11:14 PM
I think that they're forbidden to carry personal firearms while on base, Tyr.

I'm not positive, but I would think there are a shitload of people carrying around government-issued firearms at that SEAL base.

Any muzzie outfit stupid enough to attack such an installation would probably be the funniest story we've heard in a long time... especially since there was a tip-off. A nice little extra credit exercise for the resident SEALs.

Sounds like a hoax to me.

And the rules don't apply to special forces. Hell I had a beard when I was in the Army. That's most certainly "against regulations" I promise you those guys don't give a shit what the rules say they have personal weapons on their person. I've yet to see a SEAL who doesn't carry 2 or 3 handguns on him just to go check the mail in the morning.

And any half decent CO isn't going to say spit either.

SassyLady
09-29-2014, 12:00 AM
I never understood why our soldiers are not allowed to have guns on base. I've regularly been on the Travis base, Davis-Monthan and several air bases throughout the country and while they have armed staff at gates, it is too easy to get past the security if you have sticker on vehicle.

Born2DecadesLate
09-29-2014, 02:07 PM
I never understood why our soldiers are not allowed to have guns on base. I've regularly been on the Travis base, Davis-Monthan and several air bases throughout the country and while they have armed staff at gates, it is too easy to get past the security if you have sticker on vehicle.

You have NO idea how easy it to get on any base if you know how to do it :D

As for the gun ban, this one really can be blamed on BUSH!!!

Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 5210.56 (http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf), signed into effect in February 1992 by Donald J. Atwood, deputy secretary of defense under President George H.W. Bush.

Sr that is.

Ostensibly it was ordered in order to limit the number of weapons on a base, but clearly this order needs to be rescinded. Or at least altered so that officers and senior NCOs can carry weapons.

By the way, EVERY Presidential Administration since Bush Sr has renewed this directive , so pointing fingers at any one political party is pointless.

aboutime
09-29-2014, 02:18 PM
those seals are always armed, i don't care what the regulations say.

bs.....bs.....bs...bs.

Born2DecadesLate
09-29-2014, 02:26 PM
bs.....bs.....bs...bs.

It's not BS dummy , and in fact the Directive doesn't even apply when a base is located in a hostile zone and soldiers are operating under rules of engagement.a

These SEALS are armed at all times, GUARANTEE it.

aboutime
09-29-2014, 02:33 PM
It's not BS dummy , and in fact the Directive doesn't even apply when a base is located in a hostile zone and soldiers are operating under rules of engagement.a

These SEALS are armed at all times, GUARANTEE it.

Let's clarify it before you go off using the NAME CALLING again....okay? When you said the SEALS are armed at all times. Perhaps you should have included...WHILE IN THEATER.

And as for your guarantee. NO WAY.

Born2DecadesLate
09-29-2014, 02:36 PM
Let's clarify it before you go off using the NAME CALLING again....okay? When you said the SEALS are armed at all times. Perhaps you should have included...WHILE IN THEATER.

And as for your guarantee. NO WAY.

If you don't wish to be called stupid, well stop being stupid.

And I believe everyone in here, even you, understood that when I said these SEALS are armed at all times, I meant while IN THEATER, since that was you know the topic of the fucking thread.

So, you admit that the fear that these guys won't be armed over there f ISIL attacks is bogus right?

aboutime
09-29-2014, 02:41 PM
If you don't wish to be called stupid, well stop being stupid.

And I believe everyone in here, even you, understood that when I said these SEALS are armed at all times, I meant while IN THEATER, since that was you know the topic of the fucking thread.

So, you admit that the fear that these guys won't be armed over there f ISIL attacks is bogus right?

Explain to me, and everyone else. Why you have to be such A hard ass here? You actually sound like a Boot camp recruit using all the name calling.

I'm not the ENEMY here. Just another member who likes to know WHO I am talking with. If you need to be HOSTILE. Put your uniform back on, and go DEPLOY AGAIN...loaded for bear.

You may not like me, or anything I say. BUT the truth is. I'm on YOUR SIDE. I did 30 years wearing a uniform, and the only people I ever had trouble with..who always felt a need to argue...Didn't hang around long after they were Discharged

Born2DecadesLate
09-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Explain to me, and everyone else. Why you have to be such A hard ass here? You actually sound like a Boot camp recruit using all the name calling.

I'm not the ENEMY here. Just another member who likes to know WHO I am talking with. If you need to be HOSTILE. Put your uniform back on, and go DEPLOY AGAIN...loaded for bear.

You may not like me, or anything I say. BUT the truth is. I'm on YOUR SIDE. I did 30 years wearing a uniform, and the only people I ever had trouble with..who always felt a need to argue...Didn't hang around long after they were Discharged

Why am I a hard ass? Because before you had even a chance to get to know me, you accused me of stolen valor for no other reason than I disagreed with your opinion. I just seen you do the same thing with Mighty.

I don't automatically grant friendship just because you are a fellow vet. You made a mistake challenging me. You compound that mistake by trying to sneak little jibes in and then claiming you don't understand when I get in your face. Rangers don't get cute. We get in your face and kick your ass.

You want a war, bring it. Otherwise shut the fuck up old man. I clearly pointed out to you that the directive against carrying weapons on base did not apply to these SEALS, if you were a man , you would have said "oh I was wrong about that" as I have noticed another veteran , Gunny do, when I corrected him on something, and as I did when another poster corrected me on something.

You don't like it, too fucking bad.

aboutime
09-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Why am I a hard ass? Because before you had even a chance to get to know me, you accused me of stolen valor for no other reason than I disagreed with your opinion. I just seen you do the same thing with Mighty.

I don't automatically grant friendship just because you are a fellow vet. You made a mistake challenging me. You compound that mistake by trying to sneak little jibes in and then claiming you don't understand when I get in your face. Rangers don't get cute. We get in your face and kick your ass.

You want a war, bring it. Otherwise shut the fuck up old man. I clearly pointed out to you that the directive against carrying weapons on base did not apply to these SEALS, if you were a man , you would have said "oh I was wrong about that" as I have noticed another veteran , Gunny do, when I corrected him on something, and as I did when another poster corrected me on something.

You don't like it, too fucking bad.

That makes you feel better? Too bad you have such a short fuse.

Now...YOU HAVE THE OPTION.....IGNORE MY POSTS. I suggest using it.

Born2DecadesLate
09-29-2014, 03:35 PM
That makes you feel better? Too bad you have such a short fuse.

Now...YOU HAVE THE OPTION.....IGNORE MY POSTS. I suggest using it.

My other choice is ridicule you. I've been assured that is much more satisfying.

For real though, is this normal message board behavior? Attack a new member then when they retaliate say " just ignore me then?"

Grow up sir.