PDA

View Full Version : `Chiefs Safety Husain Abdullah Penalized After Muslim Prayer In End Zone`

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 09:41 AM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ca87c2c8229f9e062cea64c5c4399be2562288b6/c=124-0-4009-2920&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/WXIA/None/2014/09/30/1412068537000-USATSI-8116857.jpg

"Reaction on social media was strong Monday to Kansas City Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah being penalized after kneeling down in Muslim prayer after scoring a touchdown on Monday Night Football.

Abdullah intercepted a pass from New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and ran the ball back 40 yards in the fourth quarter of Kansas City’s 41-14 rout of the Patriots.

Upon reaching the endzone for the touchdown, Abdullah, a practicing Muslim, slid on his knees and bent his head down to the ground in an apparent moment of Muslim prayer."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/09/29/chiefs-safety-husain-abdullah-penalized-after-muslim-prayer-in-end-zone/

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 09:45 AM
`Another black "Mohammed" wanna be to gain field cred?.....Now...they'll have prayer rugs installed in each end zone in a month or two. bacon will be banned at stadiums....footballs will now be made with horse skin...What the NFL needs right now is a good wife beating scandal to refocus our attention...(as long as it isn't a Muslim beating his wife for disobedience)

fj1200
09-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Modern footballs used in college games and professional leagues are made of leather.

:eek: Muzzy perniciousness indeed.

Or maybe the NFL will just have consistent standards.

"Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1 (d) states 'players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground.' However, the officiating mechanic in this situation is not to flag a player who goes to the ground as part of religious expression, and as a result, there should have been no penalty on the play."

jimnyc
09-30-2014, 10:21 AM
What REALLY happened....

The ref tossed the flag because of the slide and staying on the ground, not because of a "muslim praying". The NFL did come out anyway though and state that there should have been no penalty regardless. Hell, even the coach acknowledged at the time, and after the game, that players can't celebrate while on the ground in that fashion.

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 10:24 AM
***Abdullah, a practicing Muslim..........

jimnyc
09-30-2014, 10:25 AM
***Abdullah, a practicing Muslim..........

I agree the coach should have tried to trip him while he returned the INT though, since he's a muzzie. :laugh2:

Gunny
09-30-2014, 11:12 AM
`Another black "Mohammed" wanna be to gain field cred?.....Now...they'll have prayer rugs installed in each end zone in a month or two. bacon will be banned at stadiums....footballs will now be made with horse skin...What the NFL needs right now is a good wife beating scandal to refocus our attention...(as long as it isn't a Muslim beating his wife for disobedience)

It took less time than most of the African war dance antics that get pulled in the end zone. It was a bad call.

fj1200
09-30-2014, 11:15 AM
It took less time than most of the African war dance antics that get pulled in the end zone. It was a bad call.

Act like you've been there before. Amirite???

Gunny
09-30-2014, 11:15 AM
What REALLY happened....

The ref tossed the flag because of the slide and staying on the ground, not because of a "muslim praying". The NFL did come out anyway though and state that there should have been no penalty regardless. Hell, even the coach acknowledged at the time, and after the game, that players can't celebrate while on the ground in that fashion.

But they can dance around like flying monkeys after every sack, deflected pass, interception or touchdown? That was actually one of the more subdued end zone celebrations I've seen in long time.

DLT
09-30-2014, 11:33 AM
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/ca87c2c8229f9e062cea64c5c4399be2562288b6/c=124-0-4009-2920&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/WXIA/None/2014/09/30/1412068537000-USATSI-8116857.jpg

"Reaction on social media was strong Monday to Kansas City Chiefs safety Husain Abdullah being penalized after kneeling down in Muslim prayer after scoring a touchdown on Monday Night Football.

Abdullah intercepted a pass from New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and ran the ball back 40 yards in the fourth quarter of Kansas City’s 41-14 rout of the Patriots.

Upon reaching the endzone for the touchdown, Abdullah, a practicing Muslim, slid on his knees and bent his head down to the ground in an apparent moment of Muslim prayer."

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/09/29/chiefs-safety-husain-abdullah-penalized-after-muslim-prayer-in-end-zone/

Now (and ONLY now).....this type of practice will be given a pass and an A-OK. In fact, the leftie hags on "Duh View" just sanctioned it today. Funny....how it took a Muslim saying a prayer to 'his' god....for it to be considered acceptable, eh?

DLT
09-30-2014, 11:36 AM
What REALLY happened....

Yes....but....the same idiot left twits that have mocked and ridiculed Christians like Tebow....are now sanctioning this instance of "celebration while on the ground in that fashion". Why now and what's the difference? You know why.

Gunny
09-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Yes....but....the same idiot left twits that have mocked and ridiculed Christians like Tebow....are now sanctioning this instance of "celebration while on the ground in that fashion". Why now and what's the difference? You know why.

All I'm saying is the rules should be consistent. I like it better before everyone had to act like a self-promoting jackass every time they thought they did something wonderful.

fj1200
09-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Now (and ONLY now).....this type of practice will be given a pass and an A-OK. In fact, the leftie hags on "Duh View" just sanctioned it today. Funny....how it took a Muslim saying a prayer to 'his' god....for it to be considered acceptable, eh?

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/2011/02/Touchdown2-550x303.png

Throw a flag eh?

Gunny
09-30-2014, 01:10 PM
http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/2011/02/Touchdown2-550x303.png

Throw a flag eh?

As I already said ... I'd rather see this, Abdullah's than flying monkeys. ;)

stephanie
09-30-2014, 01:11 PM
I thought it was bum call by the refs to begin with. It's not like he was prancing around like a peacock

They are sissifying the game and politicizing it too

I'm almost fed up with it all

namvet
09-30-2014, 01:41 PM
I watched the game last night. he was not hot doggin'