PDA

View Full Version : People flee high-tax states

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 03:20 PM
``Northeast loses 40% of House seats as people flee high-tax states."

“This result is one of the most dramatic demographic shifts in American history. This migration is shifting the power center of America right before our very eyes. The movement isn’t random or even about weather or resources. Economic freedom is the magnet and states ignore this force at their own peril,” said the report.`

http://washingtonexaminer.com/northeast-loses-40-of-house-seats-as-people-flee-high-tax-states/article/2554143

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 03:25 PM
`low tax states are in danger of the same fate as some of "these people" will`infest` greener pastures and start voting....kinda of like muslims leaving their homeland and infesting a new country...`

Gunny
09-30-2014, 03:46 PM
`low tax states are in danger of the same fate as some of "these people" will`infest` greener pastures and start voting....kinda of like muslims leaving their homeland and infesting a new country...`

Tell me. I live in Texas. "Yankee go home" comes to mind.

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Tell me. I live in Texas. "Yankee go home" comes to mind.

`I call them Liberal cacaroaches...1500 people per day move from California to Texas. Soon, Texas will be infested with more people that will elect politicians who will grow government. And then Texas will be the state people are fleeing because of higher taxes.....:coffee:

Gunny
09-30-2014, 04:02 PM
`I call them Liberal cacaroaches...1500 people per day move from California to Texas. Soon, Texas will be infested with more people that will elect politicians who will grow government. And then Texas will be the state people are fleeing because of higher taxes.....:coffee:

I intend to leave. The state I was born and raised in. I don't like it anymore. Too many Yankees turning my hometown into one of their congested, jacked up cities.

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 04:11 PM
I intend to leave. The state I was born and raised in. I don't like it anymore. Too many Yankees turning my hometown into one of their congested, jacked up cities.

*Hang in their Brother...fight the good fight it aint over yet......I like Texas...I got my citizenship In Abilene Texas many good Folks there...

Gunny
09-30-2014, 04:29 PM
*Hang in their Brother...fight the good fight it aint over yet......I like Texas...I got my citizenship In Abilene Texas many good Folks there...

Is Abilene on I-40?

Stiletto
09-30-2014, 05:24 PM

This is one of my biggest concerns. I live in the reddest county within a red state, and our house is over an hour from "the city" (sans any traffic whatsoever), which is largely populated with transplants from other states (especially the Northeast) and other countries. In 15 years, this sleepy little town has exploded with people escaping from the high taxes, high cost of living, and the stranglehold that the Progressive Corruptocrats have on the capitol.

This influx of urban refugees has resulted in *our* property taxes going up, *our* COL increasing, and a spike in crimes (though it's light years away from being anything like the crime rates in the Urban, Suburban, and Outer Suburban areas. Although it's still overwhelmingly Conservative, the Liberal Leftist whiners are doing their damnedest to turn this area into a replica of the shithole they left.

Like a swarm of fucking locusts, these vermin are - they swoop in, cannibalize the place, and then move onto greener pastures. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Is Abilene on I-40?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_t8-Y4w1UKrc/TDY4HJo0yFI/AAAAAAAAzvk/oJ1DluxQW9w/s1600/image%5B69%5D.png

Gunny
09-30-2014, 06:11 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_t8-Y4w1UKrc/TDY4HJo0yFI/AAAAAAAAzvk/oJ1DluxQW9w/s1600/image%5B69%5D.png

I remember the place now. Snowing all over the place. "look dear, we can stop right up there". 3 hours later ......

gabosaurus
09-30-2014, 06:35 PM
The people who want better weather and a more prosperous lifestyle move to California.
The people who want to buy guns easier move to Texas.

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 06:49 PM
The people who want better weather and a more prosperous lifestyle move to California.

*I reside In NC Gab..we have a mixture of folks here who are prosperous and enjoy the great weather and other American Freedoms...

Gunny
09-30-2014, 07:00 PM
*I reside In NC Gab..we have a mixture of folks here who are prosperous and enjoy the great weather and other American Freedoms...

Did you say NC and nice weather in the same sentence?

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Did you say NC and nice weather in the same sentence?`Yes I did my Inquisitive friend....I should know...:laugh:

tailfins
09-30-2014, 07:30 PM

How do you explain Toyota's recent move to Plano, TX? Also, try driving from San Bernardino, CA to Anaheim, CA, then try driving from McKinney, TX to Fort Worth, TX all during business hours then tell me who has the most prosperous lifestyle. Before I settled in one area, I specifically told consulting firms NO CALIFORNIA.

NightTrain
09-30-2014, 09:28 PM

Less taxes and a lighter regulatory touch is what attracts business to TX from CA.

It's not weather. Or guns.

Business owners want to expand and grow wealthy - that's the American Dream.

Liberals want to tax tax tax tax a company (because they're rich!!!!) and that's why they move to a State like Texas who encourages economic growth with sensible taxes.

You liberals have bankrupted CA, and now that your economic model has failed, your refugees have engaged in a mass exodus to States like Texas and Colorado where they are trying to do the same thing to an otherwise healthy State.

Ever hear of the definition of Insanity?

Its doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result.

aboutime
09-30-2014, 09:41 PM

gabby. Guess you don't mind providing more prosperous lifestyles to all of the Illegal's taking over almost everything there in your Wonderful, Broke Californication?

You can have the weather..which brings droughts, landslides, and expensive energy CAFE standards that raise those taxes you CLAIM to love paying.
And let's not forget the annual Fires, and long awaited...nearly predictable Wonderful Earthquakes that could TAKE everything you brag about owning as you look down your nose at us...and send it into the FAULTS, or maybe into the Pacific.

So, keep on telling yourself how wonderful it is there. But, what will you do on that day when the TAX BASE falls entirely on you because you PAY FOR THE ILLEGALS to go to school, hospitals, eat, drink, drive, and steal (share your wealth) as Obama puts it???

You may be convinced the rest of us out here are just too stupid, and uninformed to KNOW what your Pretend Happy life is there.
So. Just remember. You pass the same people on the way DOWN, as you passed, and stepped on while climbing UP.

Little-Acorn
10-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Democracy in action. Democrats hate it when that happens.

And it looks like the feeling is mutual.

Of course, people probably aren't just saying, "Gee, my taxes are too high, I think I'll move to another state."

It probably centers a lot more around, "Gee, I lost my job, I have to get another, and I can't find one around here no matter how hard I try. Or the only jobs here involve a large pay cut. But there's some jobs in Texas that pay a lot more, looks like I'll have to go there whether I like it or not."

And why do jobs in Texas or South Dakota not vanish? And why do they pay their workers more? Because employers there aren't spending huge amounts of money on corporate taxes, govt-mandated bathroom and doorway renovations for wheelchairs that never come, huge accounting staffs to take care of the massive paperwork the govt demands for compliance with ever-mounting regulations, etc. And lately, soaring costs for Obamacare.

Liberals cling desperately to the idea that the changes they are making "do not really affect things very much, those employers are just greedy and whining".

Umm, yes, they do affect things. A lot. And you can't avoid the consequences, any more than you can cut down water to a garden and not see the plants die. And the plants aren't just greedy and whining.

And all the rhetoric, propaganda, and demagoguing in the world won't keep them alive if you take away their water.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://washingtonexaminer.com/northeast-loses-40-of-house-seats-as-people-flee-high-tax-states/article/2554143

Northeast loses 40% of House seats as people flee high-tax states

by Paul Bedard
September 30, 2014 | 11:21 am

The Northeast, once the nation’s political engine that produced presidents, House speakers and Senate giants including the late Edward M. Kennedy, is losing clout in Washington as citizens flee the high-tax region, according to experts worried about the trend.

The Census Bureau reports that population growth has shifted to the South and the result is that the 11 states that make up the Northeast are being bled dry of representation in Washington.

Critics blame rising taxes in states such as Massachusetts and Connecticut for limiting population growth in the Northeast to just 15 percent from 1983 to 2013, while the rest of the nation grew more than 41 percent.

The biggest impact comes in the loss of congressional representation.

Deep in a recent report, for example, the American Legislative Exchange Council tabulated how the drop in population relative to the rest of the nation cut the region’s power in Washington. While the states from Pennsylvania to Maine had 141 House members in 1950, they are down to 85 today, a drop of some 40 percent.

California and Texas combined have more House representatives..

“This result is one of the most dramatic demographic shifts in American history. This migration is shifting the power center of America right before our very eyes. The movement isn’t random or even about weather or resources. Economic freedom is the magnet and states ignore this force at their own peril,” said the report.

DLT
10-01-2014, 12:44 PM

And it looks like the feeling is mutual.

Of course, people probably aren't just saying, "Gee, my taxes are too high, I think I'll move to another state."

It probably centers a lot more around, "Gee, I lost my job, I have to get another, and I can't find one around here no matter how hard I try. Or the only jobs here involve a large pay cut. But there's some jobs in Texas that pay a lot more, looks like I'll have to go there whether I like it or not."

And why do jobs in Texas or South Dakota not vanish? And why do they pay their workers more? Because employers there aren't spending huge amounts of money on corporate taxes, govt-mandated bathroom and doorway renovations for wheelchairs that never come, huge accounting staffs to take care of the massive paperwork the govt demands for compliance with ever-mounting regulations, etc. And lately, soaring costs for Obamacare.

Liberals cling desperately to the idea that the changes they are making "do not really affect things very much, those employers are just greedy and whining".

Umm, yes, they do affect things. A lot. And you can't avoid the consequences, any more than you can cut down water to a garden and not see the plants die. And the plants aren't just greedy and whining.

And all the rhetoric, propaganda, and demagoguing in the world won't keep them alive if you take away their water.

by Paul Bedard
September 30, 2014 | 11:21 am

The Northeast, once the nation’s political engine that produced presidents, House speakers and Senate giants including the late Edward M. Kennedy, is losing clout in Washington as citizens flee the high-tax region, according to experts worried about the trend.

The Census Bureau reports that population growth has shifted to the South and the result is that the 11 states that make up the Northeast are being bled dry of representation in Washington.

Critics blame rising taxes in states such as Massachusetts and Connecticut for limiting population growth in the Northeast to just 15 percent from 1983 to 2013, while the rest of the nation grew more than 41 percent.

The biggest impact comes in the loss of congressional representation.

Deep in a recent report, for example, the American Legislative Exchange Council tabulated how the drop in population relative to the rest of the nation cut the region’s power in Washington. While the states from Pennsylvania to Maine had 141 House members in 1950, they are down to 85 today, a drop of some 40 percent.

California and Texas combined have more House representatives..

“This result is one of the most dramatic demographic shifts in American history. This migration is shifting the power center of America right before our very eyes. The movement isn’t random or even about weather or resources. Economic freedom is the magnet and states ignore this force at their own peril,” said the report.

The problem being.....many, if not most, of that 40% leaving high-tax states.....are moving to states like Texas, and are STILL voting for the same "tax the rich and everyone/everything else" Democrats, effectively turning the red states purple. Once they foul the red states' nests.....there will be no other place to run to. No place to escape or hide from leftist fascists, IOW.

Gunny
10-01-2014, 01:07 PM
Don't come here. The natives don't want you.

red state
10-01-2014, 01:47 PM
The problem being.....many, if not most, of that 40% leaving high-tax states.....are moving to states like Texas, and are STILL voting for the same "tax the rich and everyone/everything else" Democrats, effectively turning the red states purple. Once they foul the red states' nests.....there will be no other place to run to. No place to escape or hide from leftist fascists, IOW.

Yep, my thoughts exactly and for several years now.....yet, the deniers attacked (still attack) for even suggesting such a thing. My area has changed drastically within the last 15-20 years but thank God we aren't as heavily bombarded as TX and other such 'RED' States.

And places such as Texas don't help themselves by going 'soft' on illegals. Whether by accident or some brilliant game plan, the liberals, border invaders and muSLUMS will.......[WILL] change the areas in which they 'infect'. It doesn't happen over night but will happen.....especially if/when one denies the PROBABILITY or possibility.

fj1200
10-01-2014, 02:01 PM

There's a difference between fleeing and slower growth. And CT, MA, and RI all pay more than TX on average. As of 2011 anyway. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income)

Gunny
10-01-2014, 02:09 PM
There's a difference between fleeing and slower growth. And CT, MA, and RI all pay more than TX on average. As of 2011 anyway. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_income)

Sure they pay more. You can live here for a month on what you can live on in NE for a week. How much you get paid isn't the end of the story.

tailfins
10-01-2014, 02:50 PM

In my line of work there's no difference in pay. My rate went up by $1 per hour going from RI to TX.

fj1200
10-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Sure they pay more. You can live here for a month on what you can live on in NE for a week. How much you get paid isn't the end of the story.

You mean we can't make simplistic generalizations?!? :eek:

:poke:

In my line of work there's no difference in pay. My rate went up by $1 per hour going from RI to TX.

A better standard of living too I'm sure.

Little-Acorn
10-02-2014, 12:23 AM
There's a difference between fleeing and slower growth. And CT, MA, and RI all pay more than TX on average.
Didn't even read the article, did we?

fj1200
10-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Didn't even read the article, did we?

I did. That's how I identified the difference between cuts and a reduction in growth. A little fact checking goes a long way. Besides a comparison of unemployment rates (http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm) would have been far better in reinforcing your attempted point.

tailfins
10-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Booker-Bell Really a 5-Point Race

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/booker-bell-really-5-point-race_808457.html

fj1200
10-02-2014, 01:02 PM
I'll be shocked if Booker comes anywhere close to losing.

tailfins
10-02-2014, 02:02 PM
I'll be shocked if Booker comes anywhere close to losing.

How shocked will you be if ANY of the following loses: Franken, Booker, Durbin, Warner, Merkley ?

If each has an 85% chance of winning, there's only a 44% chance all five win, assuming no correlation.

fj1200
10-02-2014, 04:13 PM
How shocked will you be if ANY of the following loses: Franken, Booker, Durbin, Warner, Merkley ?

If each has an 85% chance of winning, there's only a 44% chance all five win, assuming no correlation.

Without looking at polls I would NOT be shocked if Franken and Warner, VA?, lose.

fj1200
10-02-2014, 04:19 PM
After looking at RCP all are likely Dem except Franken who leans Dem. Let's see if the Republicans can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again, they're at 51 seats counting incumbents, safe, likely, and leans. Any toss ups are gravy but necessary for any kind of mandate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/2014_elections_senate_map.html

Gaffer
10-02-2014, 04:31 PM
After looking at RCP all are likely Dem except Franken who leans Dem. Let's see if the Republicans can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory again, they're at 51 seats counting incumbents, safe, likely, and leans. Any toss ups are gravy but necessary for any kind of mandate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/2014_elections_senate_map.html

Franken doesn't lean dem, he's full blown dem/communist. If MN voters come to their senses and vote him out there will be another recount like last time and votes will magically appear for him. He's a corrupt piece of shit.

fj1200
10-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Franken doesn't lean dem, he's full blown dem/communist. If MN voters come to their senses and vote him out there will be another recount like last time and votes will magically appear for him. He's a corrupt piece of shit.

The reference is the likelihood that the Dems hold the seat. Link to his corruption please.

Gaffer
10-02-2014, 04:49 PM
The reference is the likelihood that the Dems hold the seat. Link to his corruption please.

No links. His fraud at getting elected. I'm sure there are plenty of examples but I'm not going look for them at this time. And yes he's got a slim chance of holding the seat. MN is not known for having the brightest voters in the country. Sorry Kitchenkitten, I know your one of the good ones.

Ascastlat
10-03-2014, 01:07 PM
This is not good news. All it means is that the south will become more liberal. Massholes carry their ideology in their fanny pack

fj1200
10-03-2014, 01:30 PM
No links. His fraud at getting elected. I'm sure there are plenty of examples but I'm not going look for them at this time. And yes he's got a slim chance of holding the seat. MN is not known for having the brightest voters in the country. Sorry Kitchenkitten, I know your one of the good ones.

I won't argue the election with you; Thune was screwed. Anytime you find votes in the trunk of a car you know the Republican is going to lose. I don't really blame the election on Franken; that was the machine likely. I've just been surprised that he hasn't made a complete laughing stock out of himself and the Senate but my standards are pretty low for those lefties ya know. :)

aboutime
10-03-2014, 03:01 PM

Gaffer. It seems fj fears using real links from sources he only trusts when they are favorable to his claims.

So,how bout US News for a link? http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2010/07/20/al-franken-may-have-won-his-senate-seat-through-voter-fraud

fj1200
11-18-2014, 02:35 PM

Except for Warner's squeaker all five were winners by at least +10. :eek:

tailfins
11-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Except for Warner's squeaker all five were winners by at least +10. :eek:

My point was there was a 56% chance that ANY one would lose, meaning that the GOP winning ANY one was not an insurmountable task.