PDA

View Full Version : Ebola in Texas

Gaffer
09-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Just heard on FOX news that a man in Texas has been diagnosed with Ebola. They don't have any details yet.

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 03:59 PM
http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2014/09/dallas-texas-health-presbyterian-hospital-monitoring-patient-for-possible-ebola.html/

`Is anyone surprised? Our borders are wide open and we do nothing to restrict travel to Ebola-stricken areas in the world.`

Updated Just Breaking

`Texas patient confirmed as first Ebola case diagnosed in US`

`A Texas man just back from West Africa has been confirmed as having the first case of Ebola to be diagnosed in the U.S.`

​http://news.yahoo.com/texas-patient-confirmed-as-first-ebola-case-diagnosed-in-us-205031312.html

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Just heard on FOX news that a man in Texas has been diagnosed with Ebola. They don't have any details yet.

`sorry Gaffer I just posted the same thing...didnt see you were first...

Yup...breaking now....

http://www.troll.me/images/eddard-stark/brace-yourselves-it-has-begun.jpg

Gunny
09-30-2014, 04:44 PM
`sorry Gaffer I just posted the same thing...didnt see you were first...

Yup...breaking now....

http://www.troll.me/images/eddard-stark/brace-yourselves-it-has-begun.jpg

This ain't funny.

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 06:12 PM
This ain't funny.

*No one said it was.....That be some Bad SHIT MY MAN....Ya it has begun..hopefully it can be stopped....F-ignorant REGRESSIVE Liberals in charge for now..!

Gunny
09-30-2014, 06:21 PM
*No one said it was.....That be some Bad SHIT MY MAN....Ya it has begun..hopefully it can be stopped....Fucking ignorant REGRESSIVE Liberals in charge for now..!

Yeah well, who the f- goes to Abilene? I live in San Antonio. I'm leaving. Nobody goes to my gf's house. :)

LongTermGuy
09-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Yeah well, who the f- goes to Abilene? I live in San Antonio. I'm leaving. Nobody goes to my gf's house. :)

Ya I was in F-Abilene once taking care of business...enjoy your girlfriend...

gabosaurus
09-30-2014, 06:30 PM
The people who are most frightened of Ebola are those who know little about it.

gabosaurus
09-30-2014, 06:31 PM
No direct or indirect reboot of "Death Wish" will ever be as good as the original.

grannyhawkins
09-30-2014, 07:57 PM
How many didn't see this comin??? Besides, I don't think the usurpin moozlum cares fur Texas too much.

red state
09-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Ebola isn't the only diseases crossing Texas and other border States.....lice, lung disease, STD and probably more scary stuff like Ebola that we'd probably lose sleep over......all increased thanks to the E-bama disease.

SassyLady
09-30-2014, 11:43 PM

:believecrap:

gabosaurus
10-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Ebola is not spread through the air. It is contracted through contact with the bodily fluids of an infected person.

Jeff
10-01-2014, 12:21 AM
Ebola is not spread through the air. It is contracted through contact with the bodily fluids of an infected person.

Kind of like Aids that effected how many people at this point :rolleyes:

SassyLady
10-01-2014, 12:32 AM

So, if this guy sneezed while in an airport how many are infected and taking it home with them? Also, ask yourself how he got it?

It's not being afraid to take precautions, Gabby. It's staying informed and taking steps for prevention. Ask yourself why we just sent 3,000 troops over there? Because it doesn't spread like wildfire?

LongTermGuy
10-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Possible second Ebola case in Dallas..... 10/1/14 11:32 AM EDT

`Dallas health officials are warning that a second case of Ebola — afflicting someone close to the first patient — is quite likely.
Zachary Thompson, director of Dallas County Health and Human Services, told WFAA (http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/01/thompson-dallas-county-ebola-patient-cases/16524303/) on Wednesday morning that all people who have been in close contact with the patient are being monitored.`

“Let me be real frank to the Dallas County residents, the fact that we have one confirmed case, there may be another case that is a close associate with this particular patient,” he said. “So this is real. There should be a concern, but it’s contained to the specific family members and close friends at this moment.”

​http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/ebola-second-case-us-texas-111509.html

LongTermGuy
10-01-2014, 12:27 PM
* Just heard the first one is now critical...."not good"

`Don't worry, it won't come here.
Don't worry, it's hard to catch.
It's here, don't worry, it's hard to catch.
Second guy has it, don't worry.`
`All from the same government that can't even secure the White House perimeter`

DLT
10-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Yeah, and apparently, they've already identified another case (one who was in contact with him) of Ebola. Funny/odd...since it's not (according to the Obama idiots) supposed to be that easily transmitted. Uh huh.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theory nut....but much like the orchestrated invasion on our southern border, including bringing across various diseases to infect Americans with....

this contagion, too, sounds quite deliberate.

red state
10-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how far from "important" areas this 'tame' and 'manageable' disease has been allowed. GA, TX and a few other areas (liberal or not) are to a degree insignificant to the dimocrats (IF) they are not able to win such areas or already OWN such areas. Still, I here of Massechusettes and other areas who may have had some diseased illegal border invaders introduced/re-located within their community but I don't know of any who have been introduced to D.C. .......or the private school in which B.O.'s daughters attend. Is one school any better than the other? Shouldn't be.

Drummond
10-01-2014, 03:19 PM
It amazes me that we haven't had an outbreak of this in Britain yet .. or in Europe in general, when you consider that EU member States are required to maintain OPEN BORDERS between each other. Bad (i.e downright insane) for this part of the world - and hardly good for other parts, such as the US, since any outbreak here makes its spread elsewhere a lot more likely, of course.

Wherever the US's outbreak came from, you still don't want more chances of further outbreaks from other sources. I think that you should move to secure your borders ... maybe admit only those able to prove they've just been screened for ebola, or, those willing to be tested for it by your own authorities.

I can just see it now -- Lefties bleating on about how panic driven that is, or how excessive (Lefties just love to send everyone to sleep when it comes to alertness to threats). Thing is, it's only a matter of time, in my view, before that's proven wrong.

Why take chances you needn't take ?

jimnyc
10-01-2014, 03:28 PM
They say this victim went to the hospital, complained of the symptoms and was sent home with antibiotics - even though they told them they came from Liberia. Major fuckup at this hospital.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EBOLA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-01-13-24-13

Drummond
10-01-2014, 03:35 PM
They say this victim went to the hospital, complained of the symptoms and was sent home with antibiotics - even though they told them they came from Liberia. Major fuckup at this hospital.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EBOLA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-01-13-24-13

Incredible. I can easily believe such a story, coming (if it ever does) from our NHS. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'd like to think that US healthcare is capable of far better (?).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah, and apparently, they've already identified another case (one who was in contact with him) of Ebola. Funny/odd...since it's not (according to the Obama idiots) supposed to be that easily transmitted. Uh huh.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theory nut....but much like the orchestrated invasion on our southern border, including bringing across various diseases to infect Americans with....

Sure takes lots of people's minds off of ISIS and Obama's mistakes in that regard...and so convenient too -- hmmmmm--Tyr

NightTrain
10-01-2014, 07:07 PM

Until it mutates.

But I suppose that the thousands of people that touched the same surfaces that this person did in the airport like door handles, hand rails, TSA baskets, counter tops, and baggage handling components are all completely safe.

I expect that the person also went shopping recently, too. How safe is anyone unlucky enough to have used the shopping cart after this person did? Or foodstuffs that were handled? Or the cashier that probably touched this person when they handed the clerk money or a card? The cashier certainly handled the same items purchased that the infected person did when bagging and scanning.

That's a pretty cavalier attitude you have with regard to a lethal disease running around American cities.

LongTermGuy
10-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Incredible. I can easily believe such a story, coming (if it ever does) from our NHS. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'd like to think that US healthcare is capable of far better (?).

~ "but I'd like to think that US healthcare is capable of far better (?)" ~

*Sure it is...in a place and time where no one fears for loss of their jobs for doing the right thing ....

All depts in gov have implanted regressive brown shirts in power `for now`to please dear leader.....Look at all the generals that were removed from our military....and replaced.....

SassyLady
10-02-2014, 03:27 AM

So, Gabby, I suppose all these people that are panicing are just stupid and ignorant because they no so little about it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776786/U-S-airlines-contact-government-Ebola-concerns.html

Jeff
10-02-2014, 05:34 AM

No direct or indirect reboot of "Death Wish" will ever be as good as the original.

Possible second Ebola case in Dallas..... 10/1/14 11:32 AM EDT

`Dallas health officials are warning that a second case of Ebola — afflicting someone close to the first patient — is quite likely.
Zachary Thompson, director of Dallas County Health and Human Services, told WFAA (http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/01/thompson-dallas-county-ebola-patient-cases/16524303/) on Wednesday morning that all people who have been in close contact with the patient are being monitored.`

“Let me be real frank to the Dallas County residents, the fact that we have one confirmed case, there may be another case that is a close associate with this particular patient,” he said. “So this is real. There should be a concern, but it’s contained to the specific family members and close friends at this moment.”

​http://www.politico.com/story/2014/10/ebola-second-case-us-texas-111509.html

* Just heard the first one is now critical...."not good"

`Don't worry, it won't come here.
Don't worry, it's hard to catch.
It's here, don't worry, it's hard to catch.
Second guy has it, don't worry.`
`All from the same government that can't even secure the White House perimeter`

Until it mutates.

But I suppose that the thousands of people that touched the same surfaces that this person did in the airport like door handles, hand rails, TSA baskets, counter tops, and baggage handling components are all completely safe.

I expect that the person also went shopping recently, too. How safe is anyone unlucky enough to have used the shopping cart after this person did? Or foodstuffs that were handled? Or the cashier that probably touched this person when they handed the clerk money or a card? The cashier certainly handled the same items purchased that the infected person did when bagging and scanning.

That's a pretty cavalier attitude you have with regard to a lethal disease running around American cities.

So, Gabby, I suppose all these people that are panicing are just stupid and ignorant because they no so little about it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776786/U-S-airlines-contact-government-Ebola-concerns.html

I think the Bold Highlighted part about sums it up, but hey nothing to worry about we are all stupid, yes we will believe nothing to worry about, it only passes through bodily fluids, as we watch Americans dying . Yes as I said Aids only passes that way as well.

DLT
10-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know how far from "important" areas this 'tame' and 'manageable' disease has been allowed. GA, TX and a few other areas (liberal or not) are to a degree insignificant to the dimocrats (IF) they are not able to win such areas or already OWN such areas. Still, I here of Massechusettes and other areas who may have had some diseased illegal border invaders introduced/re-located within their community but I don't know of any who have been introduced to D.C. .......or the private school in which B.O.'s daughters attend. Is one school any better than the other? Shouldn't be.

Texas and any other 'red state' will be treated like the red-headed stepchild, if not the mad/crazy aunt or drunken uncle. They are 'expendable', IOW.

I'll go a step further even....and say that any red state is a "target state" for nefarious actions by Obama and his minions.

That said.....aside from deliberate sabotage by leftists....we also have to contend with rampant incompetence such as has been displayed in Dallas re: this ebola patient. Anyone that has been in contact with him after he was 'released with antibiotics' is being asked to "quarantine themselves"....on penalty of arrest if they leave their houses. Seriously....does anyone here actually expect this guy's relatives and friends to quarantine themselves and follow the law??? I sure as hell don't. This is either THE most incompetent BS yet....

or it is deliberate.

DLT
10-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Sure takes lots of people's minds off of ISIS and Obama's mistakes in that regard...and so convenient too -- hmmmmm--Tyr

Well just think. Two days ago there was ""no threat"" from Ebola in the USA. Today, there are 100 people in just one city that we know of....that are now being "watched" for symptoms from exposure to ONE GUY that traveled from Liberia. So......Obama has another two years in which to create his chaos scenario that will require Martial Law before the 2016 election. Think he'll make it?

Gaffer
10-02-2014, 03:33 PM
So we have another scandal developing with the ebola problem. And it always comes down to mismanagement by some appointee.

Fast and Furious
VA
IRS
Benghazi
ISIS
Secret Service
Border

It's all about who he surrounds himself with. They are all supporters and money raisers for him. None have any experience in doing the jobs they were given. An amateur placing amateurs in charge of important depts. Expect many more.

DLT
10-02-2014, 03:59 PM
It amazes me that we haven't had an outbreak of this in Britain yet .. or in Europe in general, when you consider that EU member States are required to maintain OPEN BORDERS between each other. Bad (i.e downright insane) for this part of the world - and hardly good for other parts, such as the US, since any outbreak here makes its spread elsewhere a lot more likely, of course.

Wherever the US's outbreak came from, you still don't want more chances of further outbreaks from other sources. I think that you should move to secure your borders ... maybe admit only those able to prove they've just been screened for ebola, or, those willing to be tested for it by your own authorities.

I can just see it now -- Lefties bleating on about how panic driven that is, or how excessive (Lefties just love to send everyone to sleep when it comes to alertness to threats). Thing is, it's only a matter of time, in my view, before that's proven wrong.

Why take chances you needn't take ?

If you look at the outbreak map, there is a case in Italy and in Spain. So it's in Europe. Just not in the UK yet. But it's just a matter of time now.

LongTermGuy
10-02-2014, 08:05 PM
`Just Breaking: *American journalist tests positive for Ebola....

http://news.yahoo.com/american-cameraman-nbc-news-diagnosed-ebola-liberia-004538346.html

LongTermGuy
10-02-2014, 08:33 PM
`YOLO Ebola`

`Here's one of those being quarantined`

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/02/1412280306483_wps_7_An_unidentified_man_walks.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/10/02/1412252209196_wps_4_An_unidentified_male_peek.jpg

`This might not end up well...`

`Dallas Ebola shambles: Family try to break out of isolation at virus victim’s apartment as visitors come and go, up to 100 may be exposed and even cop cars are in quarantine`

`A woman called Louise, who identified herself as Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan's 'wife', spoke out from her isolation
Family members initially violated orders and left their Dallas apartment, prompting a quarantine order, Dallas judge said today
No visitors allowed in but MailOnline reported three people coming and going to the home on Wednesday

Four relatives quarantined - Louise, child, 13, and two adult nephews
'Four sheriff's deputies, health official and doctor went into apartment without protection on Wednesday' - they have now also been quarantined
Louise said CDC have not told her what to do with Duncan's sweaty sheets, pillows and the towels he used while contagious
Hospital sent sick Mr Duncan home on Thursday at 10pm - THREE days before he was rushed in and not the two days initially reported by hospital

100 people being sought who had possible contact with Duncan - 12 have confirmed contact including five children `

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777788/Panicked-parents-pull-kids-school-s-revealed-Ebola-patient-Texas-throwing-place.html

`Don't confuse anyone involved in this debacle with having even marginal competence. This is the most fumbled response since Katrina and this could be a lot worse than that hurricane ever was. The responders are totally unprepared - despite a couple of months of warning.`

LongTermGuy
10-03-2014, 01:48 PM
`Patient had traveled to Nigeria recently; is being isolated`

`A patient with Ebola-like symptoms is being treated at Howard University Hospital in Washington, D.C., a hospital spokesperson confirmed late Friday morning.`

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7660/obama01.png

`Everything Is Under Control!
Do Not Panic!`

`Another person we allowed into this country, after they were in an ebola hot zone. Yaaaaaaay!!!!!`

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Patient-With-Ebola-Like-Symptoms-Being-Treated-at-Howard-University-Hospital-278025181.html

Thunderknuckles
10-03-2014, 02:36 PM
"Ebola like symptoms"

Anybody with flu like symptoms is being treated as a possible Ebola case.
As it stands now, there is only 1 confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S., so let's not start panicking....yet.

You'd think we would have learned something from the media's portrayal of the Avian Flu and the Swine Flu(H1N1) scares. Somehow, we all survived both of those Zombie Apocalypse's.

PixieStix
10-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Why has the US airports allowed these people who are traveling from West African countries past our borders. That is unacceptable.

Thunderknuckles
10-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Why has the US airports allowed these people who are traveling from West African countries past our borders. That is unacceptable.
I won't argue with that. However, we can be thankful that West African countries have taken it upon themselves to restrict flights out of their nations.

Drummond
10-03-2014, 03:37 PM
If you look at the outbreak map, there is a case in Italy and in Spain. So it's in Europe. Just not in the UK yet. But it's just a matter of time now.

Thanks for that information ! I make the mistake of tuning in to the BBC's version of the news, and there's been no mention of it being in Italy or Spain.

I totally agree. We WILL get an outbreak of it here. The only question is when (.. and when the BBC will be kind enough to let us all know ..).

Drummond
10-03-2014, 03:41 PM

... and THAT should've been an early part of a staged response, with other source localities being added to over time.

You either need to close your borders, or at minimum, make sure that every single traveller is screened for any sign of infection.

Drummond
10-03-2014, 03:45 PM
"Ebola like symptoms"

Anybody with flu like symptoms is being treated as a possible Ebola case.
As it stands now, there is only 1 confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S., so let's not start panicking....yet.

You'd think we would have learned something from the media's portrayal of the Avian Flu and the Swine Flu(H1N1) scares. Somehow, we all survived both of those Zombie Apocalypse's.

Swine flu infection rates need not resemble Ebola at all.

Besides, how did Toronto become a hotspot for swine flu, when it was supposed to be from Asia ?

Drummond
10-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Saw an article in the Daily Express today. It estimates a 50 percent chance of the arrival of Ebola in the UK by 24th October. Worrying from the US's point of view, I'd have thought, considering the continuing passenger traffic between the UK and the US.

They claim something similar for France, only the chance goes up to 75 percent (as the African countries affected have stronger links with France, which raises the chance of an infected person reaching there, of course).

Can't say I'm much impressed with such acceptance of its inevitability. I'm seeing precious little evidence of strong measures to prevent its spread to our shores !

KitchenKitten99
10-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I will be Texas next week for 4 days with my kids visiting relatives. Of course my ex was all in a tizzy with the news last week.

I basically told him we aren't spending a whole lot of time within the city itself (my relatives live at least 25 miles or more outside Dallas city limits) plus those who were in contact when this guy was contagious are being rounded up and notified, etc.

Am I worried? A little.

But I am not going to cancel my trip because I really don't intend on hanging around people with flu-like symptoms.