PDA

View Full Version : Obama eliminated US quarantine regulations.....

DLT
10-02-2014, 11:53 AM
What...the....hell....???

Folks, if this isn't impeachable nothing is...

Obama administration scraps quarantine regulations (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-04-01-quarantine_N.htm)

LongTermGuy
10-02-2014, 12:17 PM
`I don't see how they would have worked anyway...... This regressive run country has all of the perimeter... airport....harbor....rail and road entry security "qualities" of a spaghetti strainer......`

Thunderknuckles
10-02-2014, 12:43 PM
What...the....hell....???

Folks, if this isn't impeachable nothing is...

Obama administration scraps quarantine regulations (http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-04-01-quarantine_N.htm)
The title is massively overblown. Obama is not scrapping anything. He is only refusing to install NEW regulations that even the Bush Admin was skeptical of. The three biggest issues with the proposed regulations are:

1. Giving the CDC the power to detain and quarantine anyone they felt may have been exposed to a deadly disease. You could argue this may be necessary to contain an epidemic but I don't know if we need another federal agency with that kind of power over Americans.

2. Requiring airlines to report all ill passengers to the CDC. I have a big problem with that one. So you sneeze on a plane, get reported, and then detained by the CDC once you land. I can see all kind of problems with that regulation.

3. Requiring airlines to maintain contact information on everyone who flies in case the CDC needs to track you down later as part of an outbreak investigation.

This all looks like an Orwellian power grab by the CDC. They used the avian flu scare of 2005 to try and get these regulations enacted.
Obama does not deserve to be impeached for rejecting this. He should probably be thanked!

DLT
10-02-2014, 12:47 PM
`I don't see how they would have worked anyway...... This regressive run country has all of the perimeter... airport....harbor....rail and road entry security "qualities" of a spaghetti strainer......`

They wouldn't have worked with these "open border" leftists. Ergo, why we are being invaded as we speak and are being inflicted with all sorts of diseases.....quite deliberately.

To me....national security is THE main function of government. That is what our taxes should be going to pay for. Instead, government ....or rather, THIS government.....is now failing us (on purpose) on every front.

Pitchfork time YET???

DLT
10-02-2014, 12:50 PM
The title is massively overblown. Obama is not scrapping anything. He is only refusing to install NEW regulations that even the Bush Admin was skeptical of. The three biggest issues with the proposed regulations are:

1. Giving the CDC the power to detain and quarantine anyone they felt may have been exposed to a deadly disease. You could argue this may be necessary to contain an epidemic but I don't know if we need another federal agency with that kind of power over Americans.

2. Requiring airlines to report all ill passengers to the CDC. I have a big problem with that one. So you sneeze on a plane, get reported, and then detained by the CDC once you land. I can see all kind of problems with that regulation.

3. Requiring airlines to maintain contact information on everyone who flies in case the CDC needs to track you down later as part of an outbreak investigation.

This all looks like an Orwellian power grab by the CDC. They used the avian flu scare of 2005 to try and get these regulations enacted.
Obama does not deserve to be impeached for rejecting this. He should probably be thanked!

Yeah....more thanks to Obama. Thanks for our enterovirus now infecting our kids due to his "open border" bullshit policy. Thanks for all of the current Ebola patients in the US, and all of the future ones. Thanks for soooo many things Obama has done TO America.

Are you on his payroll, perchance?

Thunderknuckles
10-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah....more thanks to Obama. Thanks for our enterovirus now infecting our kids due to his "open border" bullshit policy. Thanks for all of the current Ebola patients in the US, and all of the future ones. Thanks for soooo many things Obama has done TO America.

Nope. I look forward to the day he is out of office.
Again, this all started in 2005 when Bush was in office and even he was skeptical of the new regulations. Should he have been impeached over it? Or, are you just miffed because it's Obama who now in office?

Bottom line: One should be VERY skeptical when any federal agency uses fear to expand its power, authority, and ability to trample on your liberty.

fj1200
10-02-2014, 01:06 PM

:facepalm99:

DLT
10-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Nope. I look forward to the day he is out of office.
Again, this all started in 2005 when Bush was in office and even he was skeptical of the new regulations. Should he have been impeached over it? Or, are you just miffed because it's Obama who now in office?

Bottom line: One should be VERY skeptical when any federal agency uses fear to expand its power, authority, and ability to trample on your liberty.

Oh puhleeze! Bush never saw the day when he was even close to having done all of the impeachable offenses that Barack Hussein Obama has done TO America and TO Americans. So that lameass and sorry (but standard leftie schtick) won't fly. But your attempt to use it anyway is duly noted.

And you're damned straight I'm 'just miffed' because it's Obama now in office. Since....it's Obama that has presided over the deliberate destruction and decline of America and he still has TWO MORE YEARS in which to complete his mission of destruction. Anyone that isn't a braindead Obama-slurping moron would be ""miffed"".